Who’s smarter in the comics,flash or Spider-Man?

• 61 results
astugart2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Multiple parts I was wondering

Who would win in a battle of the minds?

Who’s the better scientist?

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Spider-Man by far in both.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb52f8f25413
deactivated-5bb52f8f25413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This has been done several times before.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man, but Flash is smart too.

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Worldofthunder

Battle of the minds? Flash easily. He can think of billions of billions of things before Peter can even think of one. As for the second round, disregarding Barry quickly reading up books and facts and going off of consistency, Spoderman.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In scientific fields Pete outclasses Barry.

Eeef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter is superior when it comes to intelligence.

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Tomkatie

Peter is smarter in everything except forensics/detective work, physics, and maybe chemistry

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomkatie: He's smarter in all of those fields as well - except possibly detective work.

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter in both.

imsososorry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dumb question but flash as in the speedster or Peter Parker’s bully

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomkatie: He's smarter in all of those fields as well - except possibly detective work.

Detective work and forensics, Barry definitely has Pete beat. The other two are debatable

astugart2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

astugart2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_tea: not in chemistry and physics. Barry is the one who is called in to explain stuff when the speed force goes wrong. Barry has a complete and total understanding of the speed force meaning physics is definitely a field barry is better then the flash in. Plus Barry is a really amazing chemist. It’s his job and his hobby and pretty much his life. Barry graduated summa cum laude(with highest honors) with a degree in organic chemistry with a minor in criminology. Barry decided to become a CSI because he caught a criminal using his knowledge in his senior year of college and this got him a job. Plus Barry made the material for his super suit in college.

astugart2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: peter has shown skill at detective work it’s just not his main thing and certainly not something he’d have over barry. Barry is considered second to batman in terms of detective skills

astugart2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amberprice: when? Where? I just spent twenty minutes searching the internet and all I found was a Quora question about it.

astugart2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomkatie: oh and Barry is also a great engineer. He was capable of making the cosmic treadmill which shows he’s a mechanical engineering genius. Dc says it’s mechanical engineering so that’s what I’m gonna go with.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb52f8f25413
deactivated-5bb52f8f25413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@astugart2000: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/whos-smarter-peter-parker-or-barry-allen-1919142/

I have also made a similar thread like this 5 months ago: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/whos-smarter-barry-allenpeter-parker-1924632/

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomkatie: oh and Barry is also a great engineer. He was capable of making the cosmic treadmill which shows he’s a mechanical engineering genius. Dc says it’s mechanical engineering so that’s what I’m gonna go with.

Well... he's an aight engineer

No Caption Provided

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@astugart2000: sure, I can accept Barry being a better detective than Peter.

@tomkatie: Barry is a better detective than Peter, sure. But Peter is undoubtedly far better in physics and chemistry. What feats does Barry have in either of those areas?

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomkatie: Barry is a better detective than Peter, sure. But Peter is undoubtedly far better in physics and chemistry. What feats does Barry have in either of those areas?

Truth be told, I'm not really a feats guy. In the Justice League issue that has the "I'm not an engineer" scan I posted earlier, Barry used his knowledge of physics to realign and spin the Watchtower satellite, as well as move, propel, and stop himself in space. There are probably more examples but, as I mentioned, I'm really not much of a feats guy.

As for chemistry, it's built into Barry's lifeblood. He also made his suit from scratch, which is durable enough to withstand speeds faster than light while still able to compress and fit in a ring and expand to life size when exposed to oxygen.

Tbh I think Barry and Peter are on equal footing in these two fields, which is why I said it was debatable

astugart2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomkatie: wait what comic was this? I want to get this comic.

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomkatie: wait what comic was this? I want to get this comic.

Justice League v3 #38. Written by Priest, has some really fun character interactions and moments

BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't Barry think millions of times faster than Peter?

astugart2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomkatie said:
@blackspidey2099 said:

Truth be told, I'm not really a feats guy. In the Justice League issue that has the "I'm not an engineer" scan I posted earlier, Barry used his knowledge of physics to realign and spin the Watchtower satellite, as well as move, propel, and stop himself in space. There are probably more examples but, as I mentioned, I'm really not much of a feats guy.

As for chemistry, it's built into Barry's lifeblood. He also made his suit from scratch, which is durable enough to withstand speeds faster than light while still able to compress and fit in a ring and expand to life size when exposed to oxygen.

Tbh I think Barry and Peter are on equal footing in these two fields, which is why I said it was debatable

Honestly that's a very low tier physics thing TBH. Spider-Man's physics feats include solving nuclear fusion, discovering and harnessing an unlimited source of energy, fixing an FTL drive, and created a self-recharging power source - breaking the Law of Conservation of Energy. As for chemistry, I don't think the suit is very impressive since the speedforce protects it from those speeds, which is why Barry can run quick in street clothes too. The expanding thing is okay but it's got nothing on Peter's web fluid or creating self replicating nanites or whatnot.

astugart2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By astugart2000

@blackspidey2099:

How about a complete scientific understanding of the speed force? Is that a low tier physics feat?

astugart2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: I don’t know if this helps but Barry listens to Neil degrasse Tyson when he’s running.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099:

How about a complete scientific understanding of the speed force? Is that a low tier physics feat?

That's a good feat, but I think there are quite a lot of scientists in DC who understand the speedforce. So not super impressive.

@blackspidey2099: I don’t know if this helps but Barry listens to Neil degrasse Tyson when he’s running.

Peter is so much smarter than Neil Degrasse Tyson could ever hope to be. If Barry was in Marvel, he should listen to Peter instead. LOL.

astugart2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: barry doesn’t listen to Neil because Neil is smarter. Have you ever heard a Neil degrasse Tyson audio book or watched a Neil degrasse Tyson documentary? It’s like crack for nerds.

And yes there are some scientists but Barry has the complete and total understanding of it. I mean the best most of the other scientists get is learning how to siphon it or stuff like that. In the new 52, dr.elias the man who helped flash build the cosmic treadmill because new 52 don’t engineer apparently. He thought the flash was causing wormholes when he ran at top speeds but it was really because the speed force built up too much energy and it needed to be expelled

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@astugart2000: Fair enough. That's a good physics feat for sure. But I think Peter being able to control and harness Parker Particles is better since only him and Reed were even able to discover them, let alone study them.

astugart2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: yes that’s fair. I think that neither side is gonna agree so we come to the most fair conclusion we can. There equal in physics knowledge because both don’t get there intelligence used by there writers very well.

astugart2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: I mean both are amazing physicists and if one is better then the other. It’s a very minute difference. They are both like that with chemistry and physics.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

astugart2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: I mean the only way we could get a true answer is if they did an amalgam comic with both dc and marvel writers and establish in it a physics and chemistry problem and put barry and peter both on the team to stop it and have them working together

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomkatie said:
@blackspidey2099 said:

Honestly that's a very low tier physics thing TBH. Spider-Man's physics feats include solving nuclear fusion, discovering and harnessing an unlimited source of energy, fixing an FTL drive, and created a self-recharging power source - breaking the Law of Conservation of Energy. As for chemistry, I don't think the suit is very impressive since the speedforce protects it from those speeds, which is why Barry can run quick in street clothes too. The expanding thing is okay but it's got nothing on Peter's web fluid or creating self replicating nanites or whatnot.

If those physics examples are true, then I'll give you that. I'd say Barry understands Speed Force physics better, as he's currently the DC chief expert in the Speed Force. But between these two, I'll concede and agree with you that Peter edges Barry out.

As for chemistry, however, I still believe Barry edges out Peter. Barry never runs long distances at "high" (anywhere close to a quarter light) speeds in street clothes, as you said he did. It's been shown numerous times that anytime he does do this, his clothes or shoes do burn up. So making a suit that can withstand speeds that would burn up a rocket is an impressive thing. That, coupled with the fact that it shrinks down to finger sized and expands with oxygen, including the metal bits and technology inside, is incredibly impressive. It's been shown this is because of a chemical he's soaked and laced the suit with. Barry is also referred to as a "gold standard" for DC chemistry, and numerous heroes refer to him and seek out his help in these matters, including Batman

I think the analogy used in the last matchup between these two was Peter being Reed Richards while Barry was Hank McCoy. One (Peter, Reed) has a vast intelligence of a great many things, while the other (Barry, Hank) has a deep and intrinsic understanding of a few specific fields.

Snoppy_MoMo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battle of minds goes to Barry he's able to think at attosecond

Scientist goes to Peter by far Barry is only csi not saying he's dumb but he's definitely not Peters level I mean he made his advanced suit for Christ sake

astugart2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snoppy_momo: Barry’s more then just a CSI. He’s the chemist of the dc universe and he knows large amounts of physics

astugart2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

astugart2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomkatie: I think that Barry is better in physics still because it’s more then just the speed force he knows.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

astugart2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@echostarlord117: not really by far and definitely not in chemistry. The real question is physics. I mean both sides aren’t gonna come to a consensus.

ironbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider man is smarter

astugart2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ironbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: @astugart2000:What has Barry done that make him smarter than spiderman other than understanding the speed force? Spiderman has a good understanding of parker particles which is around the level of barry understading the speed force.

Blackspidey2099 Im pretty sure the speedforce isn't understood by as many scientists as you make it out to be. As far as I know the only people that have any understanding of it are the flashes and batman. Who else is there that understands it?

astugart2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ironbart: he made his costume which is a chemical engineering and physics feat. The costume can melt off if he’s going to fast so the costume is hardly protected by the speed force. There was that space scan that was talked about from justice league v3 #38.

The reason this tops Spider-Man’s feat is because peter was given the formula for the webbing and how to build the web shooter from the spider bite.

Avatar image for theevolutionary
TheEvolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TheEvolutionary

1) Barry

2)Flash Peter

astugart2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ironbart: oh and I also forgot once barry allen has reached escape velocity and he started escaping the atmosphere and he was blacking out but even when he’s impaired cognitively as in almost blocked out he can still use his knowledge of physics to save himself by vibrating his body to allow gravity to kick back in.

astugart2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theevolutionary: I think the second ones tied in all honesty. Because barry is superior in physics and chemistry while peter is superior in engineering and biology