• 54 results
Posted by Blueshoecant (884 posts) 27 days, 2 hours ago

Poll: Who's more Evil DCEU Lex Luthor or MCU Helmut Zemo ?? (53 votes)

Luthor 77%
Zemo 21%
Results 2%

You're the Judge..

To give the right sentence for these two SuperVillains

Life sentence or Electric Chair?

No Caption Provided

#1 Posted by MarlboroMan (2855 posts) - - Show Bio

Zemo wasn't even evil at all. Altough he was much much better character. Dceu Luthor might be the worst villain we seen so far in cbms.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#2 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (14807 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex.

#3 Posted by Mister_Surreal (7722 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex didn’t have a good motive like Zemo in the movie. They could have said that he sees Superman as being a massive threat, but instead they gave him some confusing philosophy about god that made it sound like he was on meth.

#4 Posted by MAZAHS117 (12027 posts) - - Show Bio

Luthor

#5 Posted by samhmd1 (705 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, Zemo is the less evil even though ultimately his actions caused MUCH more damage than Luthors' did.

#6 Posted by Blackdog2009 (3659 posts) - - Show Bio

@samhmd1: Luthor managed to have Superman killed. there's nothing worst than that.

#7 Posted by adamTRMM (8931 posts) - - Show Bio

Who's better and who's more evil are two different questions. After some time I learned to appreciate more BvS' take on Luthor. Sure it was still an unneeded take, but the execution of his plan, his mind over matter, is exactly what I'd expect from LL. He was most certainly a bastard though. Zemo wasn't some good guy either, but at least what drove him wasn't as selfish.

Anyway, who's more evil? Luthor.

Whose plan was better? Luthor too. Just think about it, how much plot convenience did Zemo's plan required? Now same convenience on Luthor's side can at least be explained with his intellect, influence, wealth and henchmen. Zemo did it all alone.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#8 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (6946 posts) - - Show Bio

Luthors jolly raucher scene is one of the most vile acts commited in cinema

He stomps

#9 Edited by MICKEY-MOUSE (36465 posts) - - Show Bio

Zemo isn’t evil, in fact if he knew what he did in Civil War was going to lead to the events of Infinity War...he wouldn’t do it.

#10 Posted by Tyger (461 posts) - - Show Bio

Bald headed qu

#11 Posted by The_Hajduk (5692 posts) - - Show Bio

Zemo wasn't even evil at all. Altough he was much much better character. Dceu Luthor might be the worst villain we seen so far in cbms.

He had a strong motive but the dude was straight evil, no doubt about it. Maybe he was a decent man in the past, but in the movie we see him engaging in torture, murder, manipulation, bombing a building full of Wakandans...

#12 Posted by The_Hajduk (5692 posts) - - Show Bio

Zemo isn’t evil, in fact if he knew what he did in Civil War was going to lead to the events of Infinity War...he wouldn’t do it.

Why do you say that?

#13 Posted by kgb725 (18095 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm: Zemos plan required 0 plot convenience. His only plan was to get the mission report and divide the avengers everything else like the accords and Bucky being captured arent things he planned for

#14 Posted by YOA_501 (685 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex seems pure evil if you ask me

#15 Posted by SaintWildcard (21645 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather chew my own foot off than ever give any props to DCEU Lex

#16 Posted by Tomkatie (3194 posts) - - Show Bio

Both were just kinda annoying

#17 Posted by Magian (150887 posts) - - Show Bio

Luthor by default. Zemo wasn't evil at all.

#18 Edited by adamTRMM (8931 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725:

Yeah, it was totally obvious he'll have Stark and Rogers, the guys he needed exactly, where he needed them exactly in the end. I mean, he even had a shelter room and TV to expose his gambit and stay safe! Not convenient at all. I'm not even talking about him having money to buy EMP generator and discovering who's going to interrogate Bucky, when, and getting into top secret location with the fake ID. Pure non fiction.

#19 Posted by kgb725 (18095 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm: He never planned for them being together or for them to follow him.

If his plan was successful he would've just gotten the mission report at the beginning of the movie and went straight to Russia

#20 Posted by adamTRMM (8931 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725:

And yet, it worked for him perfectly in the end. The two exact people he knew he will divide came there... and he was ready for them.

It's not about nitpicking, I can roll with that. Civil War was mostly nicely executed flick (beside the airport fight, it could the best MCU movie), but if you are getting into those details, there are things one can't overlook.

#21 Posted by Darkthunder (735 posts) - - Show Bio

Zemo isn't a bad guy

#22 Posted by Stahlflamme (5607 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm: If they had not come he could have just sent tony the video, plus he alerted Tony himself by letting the pension owner discover the corpse of the psychiatrist and the mask he used to frame Bucky. Do you think his plan would have worked worse, if Bucky and Cap had gotten captured, told Tony where to co e just for Tony to come back and murder Bucky in prison? He did not need the exact outcome from the movie he just needed Tony to see the video of Steves best buddy murdering his mum.

#23 Edited by adamTRMM (8931 posts) - - Show Bio

@stahlflamme:

Plot convenience is the sum of happenings that set culmination in a very specific form. What you suggest could've happened, but didn't. He also couldn't know Stark would pull an anti-Martha by reacting so impulsively towards someone who was clearly brainwashed and is basically just as much of a victim. And he still did it all on his own. The logistics to execute such a plan would be well beyond a single person. And he executed it all basically en route. That one I hope is out of question at least.

#24 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36465 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_hajduk: Zemo isn’t a madman. He basically apologized to BP at the end of Civil War since The Wakandaian people had nothing to do with Age of Ultron. I’m certain Zemo wouldn’t be in favor of half the life of the universe being earsed from existence. He would be patient and take his revenge later.

#25 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36465 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_hajduk: Doing something bad isn’t the same as being evil. Evil is unrepentant, unremorseful, and shows little to no hint of contrition or shame for their actions. Zemo shows he isn’t proud of what he did, but he really thinks the world is better off without a big superhero group ruling over it.

#26 Posted by Heatforce (5698 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex didn’t have a good motive like Zemo in the movie. They could have said that he sees Superman as being a massive threat, but instead they gave him some confusing philosophy about god that made it sound like he was on meth.

Actually, Luthor gave his reason on the rooftop (plus there was a tie-im comic).

Lex stated:

See, what we call God depends upon our tribe, Clark Joe, 'cause God is tribal; God takes sides! No man in the sky intervened when I was a boy to deliver me from daddy's fist and abominations. I figured out way back if God is all-powerful, He cannot be all-good. And if He is all-good, then He cannot be all-powerful. And neither can you be.

So Lex was abused both physically and sexually (most likely). God never saved him yet her comes an alien with the power of a god; where was he when Lex was a child, why didn't anyone save him?

#27 Posted by Heatforce (5698 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex of course. Zemo wasn't really evil and in all honesty compared to Lex, he sucks. Yeah people might remember Lex Eisenberg for being weird and damaged but at least he's memorable. This version of Zemo is forgettable until they decide to do something else with him (if they can).

#28 Posted by Mister_Surreal (7722 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatforce: So he wants to kill some random alien for his child abuse?

#29 Posted by Supermanthor (13428 posts) - - Show Bio

who ever director wants wins

#30 Edited by Heatforce (5698 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal said:@heatforce: So he wants to kill some random alien for his child abuse?

You're missing the point, it's what Superman represents. It's really no different than comic Luthor who hates Superman because he believes that humans shouldn't rely on an alien to save them; only him. What was the theme throughout BvS: Superman is a god, he's too powerful, does the world really need him, etc.

Edit: basically Superman is the embodiment of God whom he can seek revenge on by either: A) killing or B) Ruining his reputation even more so.

#31 Posted by Green_Tea (10341 posts) - - Show Bio

Did lex really think things through when he created Doomsday tho

#32 Posted by Heatforce (5698 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_tea: some would call it a plothole. My headcanon says Lex assumed he could control DD (which was why he appeared shocked when the monster turned on him).

#33 Posted by adamTRMM (8931 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatforce: So he wants to kill some random alien for his child abuse?

He wanted to deconstruct the very idea his presence is divine. Many people accepted him as messianic figure, he wanted to smash their faith just like his was smashed back when he was a kid.

#34 Edited by adamTRMM (8931 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_tea said:

Couple of theories there:

1. Steppenwolf commanded him to create DD to kill Superman. Since "no protectors here, no Lanterns, no Kryptonians". He clearly considered that Kryptonian a threat.

2. "Blood of my blood", what he learned from the Kryptonian ship is how to create that entity (among other things) there was also a supposed explanation to how control it, probably using his own blood. But something went wrong there.

#35 Posted by macleen (3085 posts) - - Show Bio

one was vengeful while the other was batshit crazy

#36 Posted by samhmd1 (705 posts) - - Show Bio

@samhmd1: Luthor managed to have Superman killed. there's nothing worst than that.

Zemo's actions led to Thanos winning in IW.

#37 Posted by samhmd1 (705 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal said:

Actually, Luthor gave his reason on the rooftop (plus there was a tie-im comic).

Lex stated:

See, what we call God depends upon our tribe, Clark Joe, 'cause God is tribal; God takes sides! No man in the sky intervened when I was a boy to deliver me from daddy's fist and abominations. I figured out way back if God is all-powerful, He cannot be all-good. And if He is all-good, then He cannot be all-powerful. And neither can you be.

So Lex was abused both physically and sexually (most likely). God never saved him yet her comes an alien with the power of a god; where was he when Lex was a child, why didn't anyone save him?

As soon as Lex learned about Kryptonite, his motivation went out the window.

#38 Posted by Heatforce (5698 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Edited by Mister_Surreal (7722 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatforce: I get your point, I’m trying to say that Lex is just deranged.

#40 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (3610 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex is more evil, Zemo was more tragic.

#41 Posted by samhmd1 (705 posts) - - Show Bio

He says he hates him because he reminds him of God and how God never helped him when his dad abused him (or whatever he was saying) and he wants to kill him because of that.

As soon as he discovered Kryptonite and that Superman COULD be hurt, he'd have known he wasn't an invulnerable God and thus wasn't worthy of his hatred.

#42 Posted by DammeFavour (8199 posts) - - Show Bio

Zemo is like if plot convenience was a person

#43 Posted by kgb725 (18095 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm: But you cant say he planned for all that to happen though

#44 Posted by samhmd1 (705 posts) - - Show Bio

Zemo is like if plot convenience was a person

No more than Nolan Joker.

#45 Posted by Heatforce (5698 posts) - - Show Bio

@samhmd1: discovering that kryptonians now have a weakness in the form of kryptonite does not delegitimize how Luthor felt about superman. You're trying to rationalize an irrational hatred.

#46 Posted by Aros001 (3542 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm said:
@green_tea said:

Couple of theories there:

1. Steppenwolf commanded him to create DD to kill Superman. Since "no protectors here, no Lanterns, no Kryptonians". He clearly considered that Kryptonian a threat.

2. "Blood of my blood", what he learned from the Kryptonian ship is how to create that entity (among other things) there was also a supposed explanation to how control it, probably using his own blood. But something went wrong there.

Another theory I had was based on the painting of angels and demons Luthor had turned upside-down, with the demon coming from the sky I believed representing Darkseid. My theory was that Luthor thought he'd be able to control Doomsday and have him fight against Darkseid when he'd eventually come to Earth.

#47 Posted by Heatforce (5698 posts) - - Show Bio

@aros001: good theory. Shame though we will never know since Darkseid was supposed to be in JL.

#48 Posted by adamTRMM (8931 posts) - - Show Bio

@aros001:

Interesting, but I thought it was supposed to appoint his worldview is now set.

@kgb725:

Beside Doomsday, everything in his plan was stage by stage execution. Productive in that. Only the Doomsday aspect was questionable and I'm pretty sure intentionally so. The appearance of Steppenwolf, Luthor claiming to be crazy and thus not really responsible for that mess, it was all part of world building and ongoing plot. But now we will never know.

#49 Posted by Galactic_1000 (5323 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex the Psychopath!

#50 Posted by samhmd1 (705 posts) - - Show Bio

@samhmd1: discovering that kryptonians now have a weakness in the form of kryptonite does not delegitimize how Luthor felt about superman. You're trying to rationalize an irrational hatred.

But isn't that a cop-out?