Avatar image for _kingoflatveria
Posted by _KingofLatveria (15372 posts) 5 months, 5 hours ago

Poll: Who's More Annoying: Porg or CW Felecity Smoak (46 votes)

Felecity 74%
Porg 26%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
#1 Edited by FirestormFate1919 (5990 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the Porgs, they've got a great design and they were used effectively. I wasn't even aware people found them annoying, they were used pretty sparingly.

Felicity definitely takes this. Her character's gone pretty far downhill since S1/S2. She hasn't been bad recently, but there were definitely moments in S4 where I felt like she was categorically the worst part of the show. I'm fine with her having a role, I don't even care if she's in a relationship with Oliver, as long as they write her well and don't let the focus of the show shift too much. However, since they already failed at this before, it's been difficult to enjoy the character since.

#2 Posted by kgb725 (17294 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Edited by Tomkatie (2397 posts) - - Show Bio

Porg don’t got the booty tho

#4 Posted by _KingofLatveria (15372 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for crawlerwing_night
#5 Edited by CrawlerWing_Night (192 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomkatie: um... neither does Felicity though...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
#6 Posted by deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f (6669 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the Porgs, they've got a great design and they were used effectively. I wasn't even aware people found them annoying, they were used pretty sparingly.

Felicity definitely takes this. Her character's gone pretty far downhill since S1/S2. She hasn't been bad recently, but there were definitely moments in S4 where I felt like she was categorically the worst part of the show. I'm fine with her having a role, I don't even care if she's in a relationship with Oliver, as long as they write her well and don't let the focus of the show shift too much. However, since they already failed at this before, it's been difficult to enjoy the character since.

#7 Posted by The_Magister (10355 posts) - - Show Bio

@firestormfate1919 said:

#8 Posted by DanielDaRipper (3907 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for thespartanb345t
#9 Posted by TheSpartanB345T (3322 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Stormdriven (16849 posts) - - Show Bio

Both are awful

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#11 Edited by MarvelandDCfan24 (5146 posts) - - Show Bio

Porgs were barely in TLJ and Felicity turned a decent TV show into unwatchable hot garbage that will probably be cancelled

#12 Posted by flamedhorn (132 posts) - - Show Bio

Although the Porgs are really cute and I like it, and I don't think anyone will deny that. But they didn't really serve any role or make any difference to the plot. It's obvious that they just threw Porg into the movie just to sell more merch and toys, which was what annoyed me about Porgs.

#13 Posted by rogueshadow (27507 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember when Felicity was delightful?

#14 Posted by Aros001 (3128 posts) - - Show Bio

Although the Porgs are really cute and I like it, and I don't think anyone will deny that. But they didn't really serve any role or make any difference to the plot. It's obvious that they just threw Porg into the movie just to sell more merch and toys, which was what annoyed me about Porgs.

Actually, while they were also definitely there to sell stuff, the other big reason they were in the movie is a bit of cool behind the scenes trivia.

Apparently the island where they were filming the Luke and Rey scenes is a Puffin habitat and since the filmmakers were not allowed to shoo the birds away, the effects crew figured out a work-around. It costs a lot less to digitally insert an image rather than to erase one (recent example: WB knew how much money and time it would cost them to digitally erase Henry Cavil's mustache for the JL reshoots, thus why they made the offer to Paramount to let him shave it off and they would cover the cost of adding the mustache in Mission Impossible 6's reshoots, which would cost them a lot less (Paramount said no, sadly)), so many of the random Porgs in certain scenes were there to cover up the presence of numerous Puffins.

http://collider.com/the-last-jedi-porgs-explained-puffins/

https://www.gq.com/story/porgs-only-exist-because-star-wars-the-last-jedi-couldnt-get-rid-of-puffins

Avatar image for crawlerwing_night
#15 Edited by CrawlerWing_Night (192 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by ZackVoid (31 posts) - - Show Bio

Felicity.

#17 Posted by GateOfBabylon (2517 posts) - - Show Bio

#18 Posted by Amcu (11215 posts) - - Show Bio

What? Both are quite awesome!

#19 Posted by Gokluma (5705 posts) - - Show Bio

Felicity is one girl will annoyed living cookies out of anyone.

#20 Posted by Farkam (11741 posts) - - Show Bio

What a shame.

Avatar image for theonewhopullsthestrings
#21 Edited by TheOneWhoPullsTheStrings (1847 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow said:

I remember when they just used her as the quirky computer nerd and sidekick; she was great. But then the shipper wars on fan sites and twitter made everything cancer (which unfortunately, we can even see reactions directly between some of them and the writers during that phase). For the record, I used to get into arguments saying Laurel was fine, and it wasn't some unpardonable sin. But Olicity shippers on the IMDb forums back then kept yelling something like 'but she broke all trust with her relationship back in s01 like with what happened between Sara, Oliver, etc'. I kept wanting to run my head through a brick wall, because people seemed to not grasp very basic principles of time, growing up, forgiveness - and just basic common sense.

Oh, and that was before the whole drunk s02 one. After that, boy, did they ruin that one by a lot of different methods. And by that point Olicity was king by the writers anyway, and by the time the deal was finally sealed, was at least halfway decent. But then, writers who would rather bow to fanboys and girls rather than thinking critically about anything they were righting destroyed that relationship, anything good about Felicity by season 4. Heck, they even retconned s01 scenes just to try and pretend it was always so; and made me want to just shoot anyone getting into a relationship with Oliver. As it stands, I still almost want him to be a lone wolf now. It isn't a bad life.

#22 Posted by flamedhorn (132 posts) - - Show Bio

@aros001 said:
@flamedhorn said:

Actually, while they were also definitely there to sell stuff, the other big reason they were in the movie is a bit of cool behind the scenes trivia.

Apparently the island where they were filming the Luke and Rey scenes is a Puffin habitat and since the filmmakers were not allowed to shoo the birds away, the effects crew figured out a work-around. It costs a lot less to digitally insert an image rather than to erase one (recent example: WB knew how much money and time it would cost them to digitally erase Henry Cavil's mustache for the JL reshoots, thus why they made the offer to Paramount to let him shave it off and they would cover the cost of adding the mustache in Mission Impossible 6's reshoots, which would cost them a lot less (Paramount said no, sadly)), so many of the random Porgs in certain scenes were there to cover up the presence of numerous Puffins.

http://collider.com/the-last-jedi-porgs-explained-puffins/

https://www.gq.com/story/porgs-only-exist-because-star-wars-the-last-jedi-couldnt-get-rid-of-puffins

interesting info! thanks!

#23 Posted by TheDeathstroke (2856 posts) - - Show Bio

Ahh, I thought everyone loved Felicity. Stopped watching arrow, I’m asssuming she has a bigger role now lol

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
#24 Posted by ProteusXManRxis (4267 posts) - - Show Bio

Porg.

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
#25 Posted by Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin (3978 posts) - - Show Bio

Porg, however.

#26 Posted by _KingofLatveria (15372 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for life_without_progress
#27 Edited by Life_Without_Progress (19563 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedeathstroke said:

Ahh, I thought everyone loved Felicity. Stopped watching arrow, I’m asssuming she has a bigger role now lol

She does apparently to the show's detriment.

#28 Posted by foxerdes (8865 posts) - - Show Bio

Nukecity.

#29 Posted by rogueshadow (27507 posts) - - Show Bio

@theonewhopullsthestrings: Yeah, Laurel was always supposed to be endgame, but they botched it. I lost any patience for it when they went so far as to have Ra's Al Ghul himself shipping it. Just... no.

#30 Edited by KingOfWakanda (696 posts) - - Show Bio

I like them both. Why can't we have nice things?

#31 Edited by deltahuman (3947 posts) - - Show Bio

Felicity was exciting as long as she was the cute, quirky & genius sidekick. I actually liked her a lot during Season 1 & 2. After season 3, she became the boss of Team Arrow in a way. She began to cry more, boss around and Oliver Queen began to treat her like his life depended on her and care about felicity's approval in every decision. She was no longer the quirky sidekick who needed saving sometimes, who'd babble occasionally, cultivate a secret crush on Oliver and yet be afraid of Oliver's rough and tough personality at the same time. She no longer was the cute IT girl caught in the love triangle between Oliver, Laurel and herself. She was no longer the damsel in distress. Instead, She began to act like Oliver's mother. Arrow turned into a teenage drama from what was a gritty and exciting superhero show. And then season 4 finale happened where she nuked a city or something. The rest is history.

Now Iris West from Flash is on the same track. God bless people who can still watch these shows.

Avatar image for theonewhopullsthestrings
#32 Posted by TheOneWhoPullsTheStrings (1847 posts) - - Show Bio

@theonewhopullsthestrings: Yeah, Laurel was always supposed to be endgame, but they botched it. I lost any patience for it when they went so far as to have Ra's Al Ghul himself shipping it. Just... no.

Lol, they botched every possible enjoyable relationship with Oliver at this point :)

Let him be happily the bachelor life.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
#33 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (16845 posts) - - Show Bio

Porgs are adorable, lol.

#34 Posted by DirtyTree333 (4171 posts) - - Show Bio

porgs

#35 Posted by Lan_Fan (4145 posts) - - Show Bio

Iris West.

#36 Posted by Amcu (11215 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither. Both are awesome

#37 Posted by kiba (2698 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by Lan_Fan (4145 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by Riddlerfan77 (2364 posts) - - Show Bio

#40 Edited by Outside_85 (21902 posts) - - Show Bio

I like to think Porgs are like parasitic wasps that bites a living host for it's offspring to hatch and live in before they burst out of the soft tissue like furry maggots.