Who's A More Skilled Martial Artist: Batman or Goku?

JohnnyPowers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who's A More Skilled Martial Artist: Batman or Goku? (160 votes)

Batman 54%
Goku 46%

stats equalized, who is the more skilled martial artist and a master of h2h?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
Elenwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku’s more skilled

LucasCosta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku have a few feats of fighting multiple opponents at a time, but never more than two as i can recall.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Batman, on the other hand, have a constant track of fighting 5 or 10 foes at the same time.

No Caption Provided

kurt_saulenne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kurt_saulenne

@lucascosta: are they as skilled as the foes that Goku fights? I ask because I know nothing of DBZ. Initially I thought Batman too.

LucasCosta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lucascosta: are they as skilled as the foes that Goku fights? I ask because I know nothing of DBZ. Initially I thought Batman too.

These in the gif are Guinyu Force members. An Elit Squad from Freeza Army and quite skillful ones.

JohnnyPowers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Famousroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku is 80 years old and has done nothing but fight and train against the strongest and best fighters of his time since he was like, 8?

ArgomkII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman

Goku is Ninja Turtle level of skill. Very good but relies more on brute force

LordTwigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman. Just by sheer volume of learned martial arts

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The one who became so good at martial arts that he can effortlessly vape a planet.

Belando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paytience: If only that was due to martial art skills.

But yeah, martial arts in DB is underrated.

NoQualms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I would say Goku is more talented and powerful but not more skilled. When I say skilled I think of unique martial arts. Clearly goku has magic powers and stats that would make any fight trivial

Xebec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

both of them are generic "martial artists" who just punch around really fast and nothing more

Goku with has UI now tho which creates a huge gap between the two

my opinion = fax

ur opinion = creditless

Guzmania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman and it's not even close, martial arts have been forgotten in DB since a long time and all you can see are occasional grabs and stylish kicks or, most of the time, people teleporting and fighting FTE for the reader before other characters say shit like "omg they're too good !"

batman shows more skill

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

QuantuBeyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By QuantuBeyond

Both combat geniuses. Can pick either Goku via training with martial arts gods throught the cosmos and skill scaling from beginning of Dragon Ball, or Batman via more clear showings and statements.

DarkRealm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Isn't batman considered to be one of the best martial artist of all time in fiction?

TheDevil98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The one who has mastered every single martial arts known to man as well as a couple of alien martial arts. He has also invented 2 fighting styles that are unique to him only and are nigh-unpredictable.

DemonGod_PABLO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Knowing every martial arts known to man is impressive when goku was 12 years old lmao

Avatar image for superduperbumpe
SuperDuperBumpe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IMO Goku

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Goku isn't even really good at martial arts. He stopped training martial arts as a child and just focused on training his energy projection mostly. Batman >>>>>>>> Goku in terms of skill.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xebec said:

both of them are generic "martial artists" who just punch around really fast and nothing more

Goku with has UI now tho which creates a huge gap between the two

my opinion = fax

ur opinion = creditless

UI is a power, not a Martial art skill.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Knowing every martial arts known to man is impressive when goku was 12 years old lmao

Too bad GOku didn't get any better at actual martial arts since. He only got better at flying, shooting blaster shots and teleporting.

Scythenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Scythenger

@chimeroid: goku put on a master class of martial against moro. Who also absorbed the powers of an angel and gained ui as well. Beerus had said his fighting style was god like. Goku can copy techniques just from seeing it once. He can find someone in the dark by feeling or sensing the vibrations in the air.

Then there's ui. And in his fight against broly goku implemented a couple of throws. He showed a bit of boxing too. He hit frieza with a one inch punch. Goku did a back flip off of a shockwave.

He surfed a beam. He can fight with his eyes closed. The same thing doesn't work on him. It took a total of something being used on goku 3x for him to figure it out.

Granola's vital attacks got figured out and countered. It took goku 3x to be able to match beerus strikes at the same speed and angle which allowed goku to cancel beerus shockwave. Goku can see through illusions and sense ki. Goku can hide his presence. It's been said that in ui he can't be sensed when he moves and attacks.

AbbottforPres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku is better at fighting than anybody in DC.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: goku put on a master class of martial against moro. Who also absorbed the powers of an angel and gained ui as well. Beerus had said his fighting style was god like. Goku can copy techniques just from seeing it once. He can find someone in the dark by feeling or sensing the vibrations in the air.

Then there's ui. And in his fight against broly goku implemented a couple of throws. He showed a bit of boxing too. He hit frieza with a one inch punch. Goku did a back flip off of a shockwave.

He surfed a beam. He can fight with his eyes closed. The same thing doesn't work on him. It took a total of something being used on goku 3x for him to figure it out.

Granola's vital attacks got figured out and countered. It took goku 3x to be able to match beerus strikes at the same speed and angle which allowed goku to cancel beerus shockwave. Goku can see through illusions and sense ki. Goku can hide his presence. It's been said that in ui he can't be sensed when he moves and attacks.

1. UI is not martial arts. It's a magical powerup in DBZ.

2. When depowered, none of what you mentioned works. Goku implemented a couple of throws, showed a bit of boxing and used a one-inch punch is all that you actually mentioned.

3. Everything in the end is more magic mumbo jumbo. Amazing for sure, but doesn't apply to de-powered martial arts competition. Fact is, Goku has never in his life had to fight with just bare human stats.

Mahfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Mahfire  Online

The one who has mastered every single martial arts known to man as well as a couple of alien martial arts. He has also invented 2 fighting styles that are unique to him only and are nigh-unpredictable.

Iirc Vegeta or someone else states Saiyans can adapt to any fighting style. (Massive pinch of salt as I'm struggling to find the source)

@demongod_pablo said:

Too bad GOku didn't get any better at actual martial arts since. He only got better at flying, shooting blaster shots and teleporting.

When has Mr "I prep everything in hand and shouldn't legally survive most fights other than pure PIS because martial arts doesn't facilitate living past people like Darkseid" shown any actual MA progress either?

Skill feats above what is standard for the average person are hard to quantify because everyone makes arbitrary assumptions on what's impressive and what isn't for either side.

Even for the Goku side of things "training with martial art gods" doesn't mean jack if you can't prove they knew anything greater than "throwing a limb out hurts people if they get hit".

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TheWatcherKing

Goku’s feat of predicting hit is tiers better than fighting a few people at once, that’s not even a good skill feat when Batman can blitz and one shot normal people anyway.

Fighting a time skipping who is strong enough to body a weakened SSB Vegeta when in base is better than anything I’ve seen Batman do. Hit would be bare minimum tens of thousands of times faster and stronger than Goku’s base is, and was skipping forward through time and Goku fought evenly with him due to skill.

Goku/Vegeta are equals in skill or Vegeta is superior(fighting Jiren by predicting him something Goku couldn’t do, also mastered forced spirit fission which Goku couldn’t) but with UI Hoku was dodging attacks in base that Vegeta struggled with in SSJ a 50x multiplier.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheWatcherKing
@chimeroid said:
@demongod_pablo said:

Incredibly ignorant and wrong

UI is a power, not a Martial art skill.

Once again, ignorant and wrong. It’s a martial arts technique that can be applied to all of his forms, it’s MUI/True UI with their limit breaking power that are a transformation ability. Standard UI can be applied in this match, it’s a matter of calming his heart

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

3rd scan should be second btw

Avatar image for miguelcervantes
MiguelCervantes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My man spit facts and the guy sucked it.

Scythenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Scythenger

@chimeroid: goku's an alien from a warrior race. He's not from earth or a human. He was born not having human stats to begin with. Ui is a technique and a form. Human stats aside goku has better feats. The closest you can get is goku fighting people stronger than him. Or feats done by base goku. There's base goku vs hits time skip. Base goku fighting ssj 2 caulifa. Base ui goku's training with whis. Base ui goku dodging ki blasts with ease with his eyes closed. Base goku fighting the ginyu force. I believe when goku was in the dark and couldn't see he did the feat of feeling the vibrations in air to sense the enemy in his base form. Base goku caught and deflected bullets and I think he was rusty when he did it.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 thelocust619  Online

In hand to hand, Batman knows more. Goku is split between actual martial arts and then casting inner body magic which is definately not hand to hand.

But even assuming they knew just as many moves as each other, Batman's slight of hand is still leagues beyond. The dude's constantly putting things on people, taking them off, misdirecting, hitting specific points, masking motions...his accuracy is insane. I can't imagine him throwing 1000 punches in a row that are all misses, but I've seen Goku do that.

Avatar image for taurusaldebaran
TaurusAldebaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku is 80 years old and has done nothing but fight and train against the strongest and best fighters of his time since he was like, 8?

Goku is 43 years old.

Avatar image for taurusaldebaran
TaurusAldebaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not quite true.

Goku only trained in the Kame Style school. Which would be some kind of classical chineses Wu Shu.

Then he trained with Kami, King Kai and Whis. All of which doesn't tech a proper style but focused in honing his base skills.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demongod_pablo said:

Not quite true.

Goku only trained in the Kame Style school. Which would be some kind of classical chineses Wu Shu.

Then he trained with Kami, King Kai and Whis. All of which doesn't tech a proper style but focused in honing his base skills.

While I’m not saying Goku knows every martial art(wouldn’t matter if he did really), Goku was mostly self taught for his skills prior to Whis training. Yes he has teachers but they didn’t train for sheer martial arts(most of Roshi’s training was to make him a superhuman, like walking up mountains with milk or farming with your bare hands) with little sprinkles of martial arts advice. Same with Popo, and KK just had him learn the spirit Bomb/KK after being able to handle the gravity of his planet.

Yardrat training did help polish his soul and other stuff, but the beauty of it is Goku typically just copies the moves he sees and does them better like the afterimage technique or the kamehameha. This includes his fighting styles, he has learned through combat due to his saiyan biology and tactical mind which is why he’s such a good fighter. Though it should be noted Goku has fought in the afterlife giving him almost a decade of experience with ancient warriors who used techniques not used anymore, which only helps with his skills.

And now is training with a genuine angel in the form of whis

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quality > Quantity

Goku > Batman

Famousroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@famousroman said:

Goku is 43 years old.

i was very obviously exaggerating lol

Lilgodperv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku.

Avatar image for deactivated-64969837cbeff
deactivated-64969837cbeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CloudtheMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruh I love Goku but Batman clapping

hoopla001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman knows more martial arts, but Goku’s skills are more impressive.he can predict someone skipping through time, he can copy any move after seeing it once, he improves on those moves and can find his opponents weakness after seeing there attack like once. He can also learn an opponents entire fighting style after a short exchange.

His only real disadvantage compared to Batman’s skill set is grappling. But even that’s questionable because the only people that really get Goku with those are people much stronger than him. Batman wouldn’t be able to get out of Superman’s full Nelson either.

But Goku’s advanced prediction and sensory abilities give him a pretty big advantage in terms of skill.

Scythenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superprimetime: db and up is a battle shonen. It's not about martial arts. Nor is it the main focus. It's about the adventures of goku. And it's not based on real life either. Goku doesn't have to check a leg kick to be considered a martial artist or a good one.

Scythenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Scythenger
Scythenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hoopla001: goku flipped gas over his shoulder when he was being choked by him. Gas was stronger than him. And when gas had him a force choke he used IT to get out of it. That shows quick thinking.