Who's a better liar than Mr. Satan(Hercule)??

• 84 results
RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just saw episode 14 of DBSuper, and was reminded of how ridiculous Satan's ability for deception is. What other characters have similar or greater deception skills?

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Severus Snape

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

John Constantine.

/Thread.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Severus Snape

Snape? Whats has he done on par with convincing an audience that this punch actually takes effect 10 seconds after conecting?

No Caption Provided

The only other I can think of that comes remotely close is Principal Skinner

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2 said:

Severus Snape

Snape? Whats has he done on par with convincing an audience that this punch actually takes effect 10 seconds after conecting?

No Caption Provided

The only other I can think of that comes remotely close is Principal Skinner

Not John Constantine or Lucifer Morningstar no?

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: lied to the most powerful wizard of the dark arts for decades, fooled the whole wizarding world even the people around him

satan is not a very good Lier all the people around him bar the intellectually stunted masses of DBZ all know he's a fraud, no one knew Snape was a double Agent except Dumbledore himself and even then Dumbledore was unsure where Snapes true Aligence was held

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry: Im not very familiar with either, but if they are like Loki, then they are craftier, but don't get to deceive as casually or easily as Satan does.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry: Im not very familiar with either, but if they are like Loki, then they are craftier, but don't get to deceive as casually or easily as Satan does.

John Constantine lied to the Devil, and got away with it. and i'll let someone else explain Lucifer Morningstar. I'll give you a hint (He is EXTREMELY powerful).

Drmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God Ussop

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: lied to the most powerful wizard of the dark arts for decades, fooled the whole wizarding world even the people around him

satan is not a very good Lier all the people around him bar the intellectually stunted masses of DBZ all know he's a fraud, no one knew Snape was a double Agent except Dumbledore himself and even then Dumbledore was unsure where Snapes true Aligence was held

All the people around him is what, 30 people? He convinced the entire world that he beat Cell using H2H, after they saw this on TV

Loading Video...
RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw said:

John Constantine lied to the Devil, and got away with it. and i'll let someone else explain Lucifer Morningstar. I'll give you a hint (He is EXTREMELY powerful).

That sounds pretty amazing, did he need prep for that? That's what i find completely ridiculous about Satan he lies on the spot without prep.

About Lucifer, i know he is pretty strong, counterpart to Michael, above the spectre, "God" of Vertigo, but that's not really important in this thread, is it?

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CitizenSentry

@rukelnikovftw said:
@citizensentry said:
@rukelnikovftw said:

That sounds pretty amazing, did he need prep for that? That's what i find completely ridiculous about Satan he lies on the spot without prep.

Yes he did. He lies on the spot all the time, that's how he always wins. (don't get me wrong he needs prep for making powerful spells or summoning) but not lying.

He even convinced a pissed off Spectre to let him live.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2: Also keep in mind Voldemort was an extremely accomplished legilimens. Everytime Snape went near Voldemort he was being monitored for lies, just like Voldemort did to all his followers. Snape was effectively blocking out emotions and memories that would have given him away while carrying on convincing conversations with the man he was spying on.

TheMan44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Civilians in DBZ are dumb so basically everyone.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Usopp, his lies become reality.

modsbehating

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yo herc can beat normal people with ease . its just the flying , power beam shooting super humans he is dealing with that makes him look like a chump

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loki

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batfan54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: Satan is a "good" liar for the same reason I'm a good liar for telling a bunch of 5 year olds Santa is real.

Satan is a terrible liar.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RukelnikovFTW

@batfan54: Convincing the whole world is a bit above 5 yr olds...

TheMan44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theman44: He still made it to the finals, and he may have won nonetheless

StormKing1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Usopp and its not even close. His lies are borderline reality warping. His lies are so convinvcing that no matter what he says, the universe warps around him to make it truth.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Roger from American Dad can act so well that his personas gain their own pasts.

TheMan44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: ok but still cell annihilated and entire military by swiping his hand. Hercules could barely break 100 tiles.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theman44: what are I talking about? Im not sayong satán can beat cell

TheMan44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: sorry if my last comment confused you. I mean Satan's fans know he was only able to break 29 out of 30 boards. They saw cell decimate an army with one hand. Doesn't take a genius to figure out he is a liar

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theman44: Thats why I think he's such a good lier, he just tells people "Cell was using bombs and tricks!" and they buy it

Avatar image for johndanielmclemore
JohnDanielMcLemore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anime univers:

Itachi

Kabuto

The dude on Bleach that taught Ichigo "Fullbring" forgot his name

Zetsu

Comic universe:

Black Widow

batfan54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By batfan54

@rukelnikovftw: The citizens of the world in DBZ aren't much smarter than 5 year olds is my point.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batfan54 said:

@rukelnikovftw: The citizens of the world in DBZ aren't much smarter than 5 year olds is my point.

As i already said, the citizens of DC don't realize that Clark Kent is Superman, the dude just takes his glasses off...

batfan54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: Not even remotely the same, for a few reasons.

(1) It's established that Superman and Clark Kent actually do look very different from one another. Clark Kent looks like a slouch with a heavy set build, but sort of chubby. Superman looks like a Greek demi-god.

(2) Citizens of DC don't even suspect Superman has a secret identity, so they aren't looking for it. It's also been established that they can't see Superman as a human because they don't want to.

(3) How would they even know? Have you ever seen Undercover Boss? They make some lame disguises and go out in front of their co-workers, who don't recognize them.

(4) Even assuming what you were saying did make sense, it's not relevant. Constantine tricks immortal beings and magic users. Morningstar does the same thing.

StormKing1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: Its a lie when he says it so I'll say yes, it's like me telling my boss I'm sick so I can't come in today only to get sick tommorow. It was still a lie, just that it became reality later.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batfan54 said:

@rukelnikovftw: Not even remotely the same, for a few reasons.

(1) It's established that Superman and Clark Kent actually do look very different from one another. Clark Kent looks like a slouch with a heavy set build, but sort of chubby. Superman looks like a Greek demi-god.

(2) Citizens of DC don't even suspect Superman has a secret identity, so they aren't looking for it. It's also been established that they can't see Superman as a human because they don't want to.

(3) How would they even know? Have you ever seen Undercover Boss? They make some lame disguises and go out in front of their co-workers, who don't recognize them.

(4) Even assuming what you were saying did make sense, it's not relevant. Constantine tricks immortal beings and magic users. Morningstar does the same thing.

1) That's no excuse, the dude doesn't wear a mask, or make up, or anything.

2) So? It reinforces my point that DC denizens are no smarter.

3) See 1.

4) Constantine sounds like he is a better liar from what i've been told in this thread, i haven't really seen or heard anything from Morningstar on the topic .

Anime univers:

Itachi - Nope, plans ahead a lot, and even has a conspiracy (danzo + hiruzen teammates) helping his lies persist.

Kabuto - He's just a double agent, if you meant because of his spy work.

The dude on Bleach that taught Ichigo "Fullbring" forgot his name - Dunno, i've never seen bleach, what stuff does he do?

Zetsu - This is the closest one from Naruto, but damn it required a LOT of planning ahead (i.e: prep)

Comic universe:

Black Widow - Maybe, what has she done?

@rukelnikovftw: Its a lie when he says it so I'll say yes, it's like me telling my boss I'm sick so I can't come in today only to get sick tommorow. It was still a lie, just that it became reality later.

I don't really know how it is, since i've never read OP, but if I convince someone that cows fly, by actually making them fly, i'm not really lying am I? I mean they do fly now. Its the same reason why I'm not considering stuff like Jedi mind trick, dominating someone =/= deceiving them

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batfan54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By batfan54

@rukelnikovftw:

(1) That doesn't make them any less smart. Are you suggesting that it makes more sense for a punch to be delayed 10 seconds?

(2) It actually hurts it. That has nothing to do with intelligence.

(3) Undercover Boss is a real life show. Smart people don't recognize their own bosses with a little face paint and a wig. This completely undermines your entire argument, sorry.

Pray tell, what is so impressive about Hercule's lies? What does he do that makes his "trickery" so impressive? Plays on words? Clever outmaneuvering? Verbal judo?

Be specific and give me examples.

Because from what I can tell, all Hercule does is say, "Yeah I beat him! It was all me!" which isn't a good or convincing lie at all, it involves no clever trickery, plays on words, or manipulation of the target.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loki, Obito, and Itachi come to mind.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batfan54: Specific examples have already been given in this very thread. For instance, after everyone had already seen Cell wipe out the army, care nothing for Satan punches and kicks, and then b-slap Satan 2 blocks away, he still convinced the world that Cell actually used bombs and FXs to beat the army, and during the fight.

Drmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

batfan54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: That's not what I'm asking for.

That's not an impressive lie. There was no manipulation or twists on words. All he says in the end is, "yeah it was me lol". That's not an impressive lie, it's not even a good lie. It's the same as me telling you that I'm a Stegosaurus. You believe me, right? Right?

Obviously you don't, because you're not a moron.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By RukelnikovFTW

@batfan54 said:

@rukelnikovftw: That's not what I'm asking for.

That's not an impressive lie. There was no manipulation or twists on words. All he says in the end is, "yeah it was me lol". That's not an impressive lie, it's not even a good lie. It's the same as me telling you that I'm a Stegosaurus. You believe me, right? Right?

Obviously you don't, because you're not a moron.

The diference is, Satan could probably convince ppl of that.

The problem is you disregard his lying feats because you don't buy them, its as if you disregarded Arale's strenght because "Hey, how can she give a black eye to the sun? That doesn't even make sense!"

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallout characters with 100 Speech.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m_man: Or a halfling with +30 bluff :P

Cresode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Usopp, john constatine, Lucifer morningstar, Loki, Neil caffrey.

batfan54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: How? How would Satan do that?

Because all he's done in the past is just state false information. That's not a good lie.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batfan54: He would probably just say something like "Humans I have something to confess, I'm actually a Stegosaurus disguised as a human to throw off my would be enemies". People would probably buy it.