Who would’ve won between Hulk and Cull Obsidian

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who would’ve won between Hulk and Cull Obsidian (62 votes)

Hulk 81%
Cull 19%

Since we were robbed of an epic clash between these two Titans, Who do you reckon would’ve come out on top had they clashed?

• 
CCThor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By CCThor

The one can gain power by getting angry.

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk would have beat him.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It probably would have been like the 2008 abomination fight where he was winning mostly until the end when hulk got pissed.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Hajduk

I’m putting Cull right on Fenris level, even weaker if not for his weapon.

What people need to consider though is Hulk’s mindset at that time. A thoroughly Thanos-cucked Hulk would easily lose to Cull. It’s a good thing he chose not to come out.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk. Cull was pretty strong but I really can't picture black panther being able to down hulk or spider-man ever catching a punch from MCU hulk. If they can do that than we need to reassess there status as street levelers in the MCU. I get that Cull fought the hulk buster and did well, but Banner is a noob. And while iron mans new armor is impressive I don't think he would beat the hulk.

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Worldofthunder

Hulk would one-shot.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Banner is a noob at armor piloting, but he used his seven PhDs to pilot a Sakaar jet expertly right away. He said he was comfortable as Hulkbuster because it was like being the Hulk.

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It probably would have been like the 2008 abomination fight where he was winning mostly until the end when hulk got pissed.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk would have likely won eventually.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk after a good fight

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Heatforce

Hulk would have ripped his arm off and slapped him with it.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk with mid difficulty

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Banner is a noob at armor piloting, but he used his seven PhDs to pilot a Sakaar jet expertly right away. He said he was comfortable as Hulkbuster because it was like being the Hulk.

Your comparing showings written by 2 different sets of writers and two directors. Despite Banners statement he literally could not even run without tripping.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65
deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk would've instantly thrown him into the Wakanda shield.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk would've smashed him.

What people need to consider though is Hulk’s mindset at that time. A thoroughly Thanos-cucked Hulk would easily lose to Cull. It’s a good thing he chose not to come out.

Why Fernis level? Fernis would've beaten Hulk without the waterfall.

Pretty sure writers later clarified Hulk wasn't scared after fighting Thanos he just doesn't like Banner using him.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Don’t we compare showings written by different sets of writers all the time? As long as it’s canon, plus Ragnarok directly preceded this movie.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Don’t we compare showings written by different sets of writers all the time? As long as it’s canon, plus Ragnarok directly preceded this movie.

Its different when the Russos explicitly showed Banner didn't know what he was doing. We don't assume a characters portrayal changes between writers unless shown otherwise which is the case in infinity war.

Plus there is a difference between piloting a plane and piloting an iron man armor. Banner has experience driving the Quinn jet which can apparently fly through space.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@sy8000 said:

@the_hajduk said:

Pretty sure writers later clarified Hulk wasn't scared after fighting Thanos he just doesn't like Banner using him.

Yea, a lot of people are under the impression Hulk is scared and understandably so. But at the end of the day, when we look at him in Ragnarok and how he let Banner land face first onto the Bifrost, it's clear Hulk is tired of his BS.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Hulk would win.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Hulk

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000 said:

@the_hajduk said:

Yea, a lot of people are under the impression Hulk is scared and understandably so. But at the end of the day, when we look at him in Ragnarok and how he let Banner land face first onto the Bifrost, it's clear Hulk is tired of his BS.

I don't think it was clear at all. Until the Russos clarified I and most people I talked to assumed he was scared. Its so random that that hulk made that decision after getting his ass kicked by thanos and apparently that has nothing to do with thanos. Infinity war was a great movie and very enjoyable but that is objectively bad writing.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By MethoKi

@jashro44: The only thing that I can say to lend some sort of credit to the idea is how reluctant Hulk is to let Banner come back after he was in a sleep state (?) for 2 years. Hulk seemed to prefer doing his own thing as opposed to being Banner's lackey when things get tough, but this is only in hindsight of Infinity War.

Maybe Hulk will finally get a sequel to flesh out Banner's relationship with him?

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At this point I can say Cull with a straight face. MCU Hulk is a joke

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Hulk pummels Cull.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b75fab893e7f
deactivated-5b75fab893e7f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk would beat Cull, especially given what Peter and T'Challa managed to do to him.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I don’t think that the Russos wanted Banner to be incompetent though. Just because he tripped up right at the beginning, then immediately regained his footing. IMO his fighting was totally smooth when we actually watch it. Personally I paid more attention to that line about Banner saying he felt great in the suit.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I don’t think that the Russos wanted Banner to be incompetent though. Just because he tripped up right at the beginning, then immediately regained his footing. IMO his fighting was totally smooth when we actually watch it. Personally I paid more attention to that line about Banner saying he felt great in the suit.

I don't think incompetent is the right word. I prefer inexperienced. Banner never really piloted the hulk buster. It was made for Tony and the iron man armor interfaces differently than other technology. Tony is the one with the experience so even though Banner helped design it he never had any practice with it.

The fact the Russos felt the need to even point this out with that one scene just makes it more apparent. You really can't compare Banner to Tony.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I have to agree with Hulk looking scared in Infinity War until the Russos provided clarification. It did look like Hulk was kind of afraid to come out again as opposed to being tired of being used as Banner's attack dog. I thought Hulk didn't come out because he was afraid until the Russos stated otherwise in an interview/commentary.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32 morpheus_  Moderator

Even if we operate under the supposition that the Hulkbuster is Hulk tier and Cull defeated it, any other factor notwithstanding, Tony would had never fought evenly with Hulk in AoU without Veronica - which Bruce lacked in IW.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

@jashro44 said:

Hulk. Cull was pretty strong but I really can't picture black panther being able to down hulk or spider-man ever catching a punch from MCU hulk. If they can do that than we need to reassess there status as street levelers in the MCU. I get that Cull fought the hulk buster and did well, but Banner is a noob. And while iron mans new armor is impressive I don't think he would beat the hulk.

Very well said.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cull would've got stomped

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
xMangog__Beastx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU Hulk is a joke

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

Cull was equally tough, but actually skilled and versatile.