Who Won the Week 10: Supergirl, Flash, or Arrow?

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who Won the Week 10: Supergirl, Flash, or Arrow? (33 votes)

Supergirl: "Ace Reporter" 12%
Flash: "The One and Future Flash" 76%
Arrow: "Dangerous Liasons" 12%

Which show won the week and why?

• 
mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely Flash this week. It was the most emotionally charged episode of the entire series so far. This week's Arrow was just a boring filler episode.

Number1Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arrow.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Flash

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Flash.

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Golden flash

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Definitely Flash this week. It was the most emotionally charged episode of the entire series so far. This week's Arrow was just a boring filler episode.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Think Flash takes it this week had some good emotional impact especially from Cisco

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After a long time, The Flash.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one who didn't like this week's episode of the flash?

Redsayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Redsayn

Flash.

Arrow was decent and I'm still hyped for the final episodes (DEATHSTROKE, among other things), but this episode was too... 'Felicity based', meaning her circle of associates and the more irritating aspects of her post season 2 character (which are irritating as they sprung out of nowhere and as such, with no background behind them, I as a viewer am still frustrated and see them as alien to the 'true' character). Whilst I appreciate moral ambiguity as much as anyone, and having a moral dilemma such as this week's can be interesting, the fact is that the main antagonist/s are boring. There's 5 episodes left in the season, and we shouldn't be wasting 1, maybe 2, of those episodes on Helix. Let's just hope that this fantastic season can redeem Olicity and Felicity, even if the latter's potential can now never be met.

At the end of the day though, that Arrow episode was the epitome of forgettable. It was, for me, relatively high-level filler. Having some of the final episodes dedicated to the sub-plots so that the final ones can be dedicated to Prometheus is a fantastic idea, it's just that this example's subplot wasn't that interesting to begin with, ad the episode suffers for it.

Flash, on the other hand, was one of my favourite episodes of the season (it might even take the number 1 place out of all the previously aired episodes upon a re-watch of season 3.) I wrote a quick review of it in the other thread that more-or-less covers my points:

Dystopian futures are always interesting to watch. We know as the audience that they’re not going to happen, and the writers are able to take full advantage of it. In this instance, seeing where the characters have ended up is positively chilling. The actors must be commended; their interpretations of these broken characters, and to an understandably lesser extent their current more positive selves, were exquisite.

The highlight of these phenomenal performances were, for me, Grant Gustin’s Barry Allen. Say what you want about the hair, but Gustin managed to portray a character so broken he is practically a different person, whilst simultaneously maintaining the sense that this is the same protagonist we’ve been following for almost 3 whole seasons.

That being said, Carlos Valdes was also fantastic this episode. He played this broken yet still somewhat optimistic version of Cisco perfectly, and I am astonished by how I felt watching scenes with him in it. These actors have very natural chemistry, and that assures that every scene with them together is always fun to see.

Danielle Panabaker’s Killer Frost is a pleasant alternative to Caitlin Snow; when playing this role, I actually find her to be a decent actress as opposed to her ‘alternative’ part.

The director of the episode -Tom Cavanaugh, Harrison/H.R. Wells himself- must be applauded. He is truly as talented in this area as he is when acting. This episode’s choreography is fluid and organic, at times making me feel disconcerted (in the best possible way, as that was the purpose).

As always, the music is incredible. Blake Neely never ceases in exceeding expectations; a combination of acting, cinematography, incredible set designs and the aforementioned music creates an unforgettable experience with spine-tingling, badass moments.

Note the term ‘spine-tingling—the atmosphere of this episode is incredible. The lighting is utilised perfectly, and as already mentioned the camera at moments couldn’t have been in a better position.

To conclude, this episode was incredible. It is unquestionably one of the season’s betters, it is well-crafted in a technical sense, and the actors have rarely been better.

I also forgot to mention the great side-character/actors who did a great job, and the set-designers who did fantastic word. As I briefly touched upon, the lighting and atmosphere in this episode were incredible and perfectly encapsulated the moment, be it hopeless and broken or triumphant and grand.

And Supergirl's worse than both of them.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Flash.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Flash>>SG>>Arrow

PS, Arrow needs to get rid of Curtis. His rambling takes all momentum out of a scene.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By IndomitableRegal

@mrmonster Flash for the first time in a while. The emotional aspect was intense, but not overdone, and the future Flash costume...needs to be Barry's costume immediately. Arrow was decent, but Felicity was just unlikable in this. And am I the only one who's noticed that dating all the way back to season 1, Ollie rarely if ever wins an argument? Like no matter how right he is, he always loses. In their last exchange, Felicity still managed to make him sound like the bad guy, and all he could say was "I was worried".

Thedarkking25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: flash has been better then arrow since episode 15

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foxerdes said:

Has Supergirl ever won?

No, I don't believe it has. Most weeks it comes dead last.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkking25: Eh. Arrow has been topping it for me consistently.

@foxerdes: It could have at beginning of season. But now I don't see it winning.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Just a feeling based on the "Scenes from next week" bit; Arrow is going to be great next week.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arrow. Flash just doesn't do it for me.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Flash - Supergirl - Arrow

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 the_stegman  Moderator

@mrmonster: They should just put Supergirl on Earth 1. It always feels so disjointed from the rest of the shows.

Shazam99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Flash: Phenomenal episode, and one of the most emotionally resonant of the series. Amazing all around.

2. Arrow: Still a really good episode, but Felicity was insufferable.

3. Supergirl: Continuing a cycle of mediocrity.

Savitar71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Savitar71

Flash, basically a perfect episode apart from the lack of reveal. Definitely revamped and rehyped me for the rest of the season, a great way to come back.

Arrow was good, but not great like it has been most weeks.

Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f
deactivated-597fe3e7af56f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash > Supergirl >> Arrow.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get why Cisco couldn't vibe. Sure he couldn't shoot blasts but he should still be able to see the future

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash.

Shazam99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shazam99: Curtis is worse than Felicity.

Eh, I don't dislike Curtis. He can get annoying, but his tech-reliant combat is interesting and he has a great bromance with Wild-Dog. I also don't find his humor nearly as cringey as many do.

But Felicity is one of the most hypocritical characters in fiction.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 the_stegman  Moderator

@shazam99: Curtis just goes on and on with his blabbering. I'm like, dude, stop, you're ruining the flow of the scene.

Avatar image for theawesomeflashsandiego32
theawesomeflashsandiego32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash definitely.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One final bump

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash, pretty easily.

Wispymatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foxerdes: No and I believe that is a shame because although I have liked all of the shows, Supergirl has been pretty good this season with fewer truely bad episodes compared to the other shows.

MrClarky1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The flash, the future scenes were a lot of fun and it's got me itching to see the Savitar reveal, I'm subscribing to the theory of future or some sort of alternate Barry Allen being savitar but I honestly don't know. Arrow was decent this week but like everyone said basically just filler.

WeAreTheFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hypnos0929: Cisco was able to Read Barry's mind so he did have powers.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanitrize1999: exactly, so he should know who Savitar is by vibing Killer Frost. I'm not saying the vibe will be gentle but it'll work