Who went through more emotional torture?

KingTchalla03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who went through more emotional torture? (18 votes)

Raimi Peter Parker (Tobey Maguire) 50%
CW Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) 50%

So I was watching Spider-Man 2 today and I forgot how much crap Pete went through in the course of his three movies. So I thought about who else has went through a lot of suffering and emotional pain and I think Barry Allen from the CW is a good contestant. What do you think?

• 
Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Barry no question.

KingTchalla03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhero24: how come? I’m not denying what you are saying but I just am wondering.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Wolfrazer  Online

I'd say Barry between his mother dying, him watching his dad die and then watching Iris get killed...granted that is fixed anyway, but we still see what ends up happening after and it was part of the timeline until it all got changed.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhero24: how come? I’m not denying what you are saying but I just am wondering.

He had to let his worse nemesis kill his mother to reset the timeline. His father was killed before his eyes. His spine was broken by that same dude. He knew that Iris was going to get killed and couldn't do anything to stop it until he figured out who Savitar was. This drove him mad. His biggest mentor (Wells) turned out to be his mother's killer and locked his father away.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5 krisbishop  Moderator

My memory may be failing me, but what did Peter go through other than his uncle dying?

Meanwhile Barry

had to let his worse nemesis kill his mother to reset the timeline. His father was killed before his eyes. His spine was broken by that same dude. He knew that Iris was going to get killed and couldn't do anything to stop it until he figured out who Savitar was. This drove him mad. His biggest mentor (Wells) turned out to be his mother's killer and locked his father away.

and not to mention Zoom turning out to be his friend "Jay" all along (betrayal again). Caitlin Snow falling to the dark side. His new father figure in real Jay Garrick lost again as he went into the Sped Force prison. And then he himself spent 6 months in the Speed Force prison.

KingTchalla03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhero24: Barry watching his mom die is pretty tough. But when it comes to seeing people he loves killed in front of him, Pete also saw his father figure die in front of him, knowing he could have prevented it but CHOSE not to. That’s a lot of guilt that stays with you. He had to live with that for the rest of his life all while going threw tons of crap with his friends. After his dad died, Harry just went crazy trying to catch Spiderman and that took a humongous toll on Peter and Harry’s friendship because Harry knew that Pete took pics of Spidey and that he could’ve turned him in but obviously it’s not possible so Pete refuses and gets abused by his best friend in front of a party right after he got rejected for the 500th time by Mary Jane. And Mary Jane was an absolute butt to him threw out the entire 2nd and 3rd movie. All of this is happening while Peter is trying to balance being Spiderman, maintaining good grades in Dr. Conners class, trying to make a living with the money he gets from the Daily Buggle, and making sure Aunt May is healthy and not too lonely after losing her husband. And also Pete has to explain that he could have saved Uncle Ben but didn’t because of wanting revenge and so Ben died for being the only one that did the right thing. In the third movie, Pete also has to watch his best friend die in front of him because he saved his life. Barry watching his mother die in front of him helpless to stop her is awful but eventually he gave into the grief and decided to go back and save her knowing the risk that it would have on the timeline. Peter went through everything he did without giving up on Spiderman. At least not purposefully (in Spiderman 2 all of the pressure was so much that he subconsciously lost the will to be Spiderman, but that didn’t last very long).

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say Barry but he really couldn’t have prevented his mom dieng Peter had to watch his Uncle die and he could’ve done something about it but didn’t and now he has to live with that.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revan got tortured for 300 years straight so yeet

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pete's life wasn't great, but Barry's life is hot trash. Barring all that tragic stuff that's already been mentioned, the dude literally has to figure out a way to beat a new super-baddie every week, while Spidey has had like five superpowered foes to deal with across the span of a few years.

Super_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Barry Allen.

KingTchalla03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: super villains are not emotional struggles.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: super villains are not emotional struggles.

They are when they put you through suffering and emotional pain. Just look at one of the more recent episodes where Barry was freaking out and on the verge of giving up because he couldn't figure out how to stop the villain's bomb from killing everyone in Central City.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@necromancer76 said:

Revan got tortured for 300 years straight so yeet

And he didn't complain about it or cry and have a protagonist monologue either, because he's a badass.

Exactly, he is a beast