Who was more intimidating as Batman: Christian Bale or Ben Affleck?

YousufKhan1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I know that there's already a lot of Baleman vs Batfleck threads, but this is a much more specific question. Who do you think did a better job at making Batman come off as threatening and intimidating? You need to answer this from an out of universe perspective as an audience member who watches the film. One of the fundamental characteristics of the character of Batman is that he strikes fear in the hearts of criminals.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude, Affleck by far. I would not like to meet the BVS Batman. Ofc, JL Batman is a whole other thing. But BVS Batman is a scary dude.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

BvS Batfleck by far but JL Batman was a joke.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Affleck, comfortably

Avatar image for deactivated-5efd18e2365cb
deactivated-5efd18e2365cb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman Begins Batman lol, check the scarecrow scene

Hulk_Like_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm getting closer and closer to believing the guy above me is Authentical.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BvS' Batfleck stomps. Bale was a very good Bruce Wayne, but his bats was always somewhat underwhelming for me as far as intimidation goes.

Avatar image for ifdcruledtheworld
IfDCRuledTheWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bale. Batfleck would beat the crap out of you. Baleman would toss you from the roof knowing you would survive then do it again.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Affleck.

Viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batfleck by far

NicolascageGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NicolascageGOD

@hulk_like_fire said:

I'm getting closer and closer to believing the guy above me is Authentical.

Closer to? He is definitely authentical

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bale was good but nothing beats the do you bleed scene where Batman squares up facing Superman.

Dangannopoopoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Affleck stomps, no diff

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bale's voice was more uncomfortable to hear than intimidating, and Affleck is bigger, with a better costume, and a much scarier attitude. I don't see how this is a contest.

JL was disrespectful to all characters, so I see no reason to hold this against him, to be honest.

YousufKhan1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always found Bale to me most threatening in Batman Begins, his voice was a lot more natural there than it was in the sequels.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By entropy_aegis

Bale, fear was literally the theme of Batman Begins. He scared Scarecrow, Ra's, Joker, Maroni, Falcone and had gangsters holding meetings in day light, made Lau run to Hong Kong and even his return to Gotham in Rises left Bane shocked.

Fatfleck and his potato sack abs gave fright to a rookie police officer, some fodder mercs and Lex was struggling to control his laughter to his face. Harley was literally laughing at his face. Fatfleck fails to impress on any level.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This isn't even a contest...what's more frightening a 6'0 sub 200lb man who can barely take out a room full of goons and isn't all that imposing or intimidating through his presence, aesthetic or maneuverability OR a 6'4 220+lb wrecking ball who literally breaks people in half, throws them through walls and across rooms, stands up to essentially a God, kicks said Gods ass (with Kryptonite yes), moves like a demon and is utterly frightening to see.

Bale's voice was more uncomfortable to hear than intimidating, and Affleck is bigger, with a better costume, and a much scarier attitude. I don't see how this is a contest.

JL was disrespectful to all characters, so I see no reason to hold this against him, to be honest.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By entropy_aegis

This isn't even a contest...what's more frightening a 6'0 sub 200lb man who can barely take out a room full of goons and isn't all that imposing or intimidating through his presence, aesthetic or maneuverability OR a 6'4 220+lb wrecking ball who literally breaks people in half, throws them through walls and across rooms, stands up to essentially a God, kicks said Gods ass (with Kryptonite yes), moves like a demon and is utterly frightening to see.

@anthp2000 said:

Bale is 6'1 and he was 220 lbs for Begins, even at 200 lbs he's still quite big for his height. 220 lbs for a 6'4 guy is not particularly impressive so if you're going by body stats then Bale has him beat there too.

Bale Batman literally one shots every one he comes across (apart from Bane and Ra's) whereas Fatfleck's striking power was repeatedly called in to question by our favorite Asian merc . Bale is also the one who actually uses stealth and deception and the shaky cam was used in Begins to show that he's too fast for the normal eye and appeared as a literal demon to Crane. Fatfleck was laughed out of Arkham by Lex lol and using stolen K-Nite is hardly a feat. A random thug could've performed better than Batfleck.

Avatar image for damnineedabreak
DamnINeedABreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude, Affleck by far. I would not like to meet the BVS Batman. Ofc, JL Batman is a whole other thing. But BVS Batman is a scary dude.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: Bale is 6’0 and was not 220lbs for Begins, that was a baseless claim that he made when he showed up to set and then they told him to cut weight. I highly doubt he was 220lbs anyway, that’s arguing that by those stats he was bigger than Cavill in MoS, Evans as Cap, Routh as Supes, Levi as Shazam, Pratt as Star Lord, Jackman as Logan and roughly the same size as Hemsworth as Thor and BvS Cavill. Which is a ridiculous claim because just by his stature and size that is far from the case. Anyway, 220lbs at 6’4 is incredibly big, and Affleck was actually 228 on the dot so basically 230 Which is incredibly big.

Bale’s Batman does not one shot everyone he fights, he struggled consistently with rooms filled with Thugs when stuck purely with H2H. Batfleck threw dudes across the room, choke slammed them through the floor, Punched them into the floor and so on and so forth. There is no comparing them when it comes to physicals. Bales Batman barely used stealth to his advantage and when he did would often rely on technology to his advantage. Batfleck scared the shit out of Lex and was far from laughed out of Arkham.

This argument is gonna go nowhere because you’re way too bias against all things Snyder and DCEU Batman and you can’t argue against that. Bale’s Batman was great but arguing he was more intimidating than Affleck is absolutely ridiculous.

RDCDesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RDCDesmond

Christian Bale.

1- Explored Batman origins

2- Had the best Joker stand off

3- Constantly got upgrades

4- Looks the most like a Prime Bruce Wayne

Batman 3 for me was a disgrace tho

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Gracetrack

Affleck's Batman from BvS was more intimidating to me, despite being less "growly" and "yelly" than Bale's while in costume, which ultimately I think hurt Bale's intimidation factor a little bit. Made me giggle because of how over the top BatBale's voice and acting were at times.

With BvS Batman, it was all about his stature, presence, and the cold ferocity with which he punished dudes. It was pretty scary stuff all around. But I attribute a lot of that to Zack Snyder's exceptional directing and visual storytelling as well. For example, the image below is such a great scene and shot. So intimidating and spooky, just how The Batman is supposed be. And there are plenty of other shots like that in the film.

No Caption Provided

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By entropy_aegis

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642 said:

@entropy_aegis: Bale is 6’0 and was not 220lbs for Begins, that was a baseless claim that he made when he showed up to set and then they told him to cut weight. I highly doubt he was 220lbs anyway, that’s arguing that by those stats he was bigger than Cavill in MoS, Evans as Cap, Routh as Supes, Levi as Shazam, Pratt as Star Lord, Jackman as Logan and roughly the same size as Hemsworth as Thor and BvS Cavill. Which is a ridiculous claim because just by his stature and size that is far from the case. Anyway, 220lbs at 6’4 is incredibly big, and Affleck was actually 228 on the dot so basically 230 Which is incredibly big.

Bale’s Batman does not one shot everyone he fights, he struggled consistently with rooms filled with Thugs when stuck purely with H2H. Batfleck threw dudes across the room, choke slammed them through the floor, Punched them into the floor and so on and so forth. There is no comparing them when it comes to physicals. Bales Batman barely used stealth to his advantage and when he did would often rely on technology to his advantage. Batfleck scared the shit out of Lex and was far from laughed out of Arkham.

This argument is gonna go nowhere because you’re way too bias against all things Snyder and DCEU Batman and you can’t argue against that. Bale’s Batman was great but arguing he was more intimidating than Affleck is absolutely ridiculous.

He's 6'1 according to people who've been close to him and Pattinson. This was brought up in another site that I visited when Rob was cast. Rob's height is a confirmed 6'1 I believe but you do realize that knocking off an inch only makes Bale's physical conditioning more impressive right?

It wasn't a baseless claim, he was told to drop weight because the suit couldn't accommodate him. He wasn't told to shed for the lols. I'm comparing Bale and Affleck so I have no idea where those guys came from. Still Cavill, Hemsworth and Jackman are known fitness freaks and Evans's weight gains for Cap are well documented. Bale too is a master of physical transformation whereas Affleck doesn't even belong in the same conversation as those guys. You want me to show you beach pics of him with his pudgy body? this guy is not a fitness geek nor a master of physical transformation. Jen Garner claimed that he had 17 inch arms sometime before BVS got released. That's a joke, I'm about 5'6-5'7 and I have kept 16 inch arms. If Affleck was that impressive then he would have had shirtless scenes. As it stands, his workout scene in the film was heavily obscured by light and shading, had very quick partial shots and he never got a proper and full shirtless scene. His back and lats were impressive so I'll give him that but there's a reason for that fake abs suit and all that work that I mentioned.

Bale's Batman has literally one shotted almost everyone short of guys like Ra's and Bane. Batfleck threw one guy across the room in a shot that never made it to the theatrical or the ultimate cut, dude it was only in the trailer. He rockbottomed a guy, that was not a chokeslam which is significantly more difficult. Bale has kicked a brick wall with a weak leg and curled a 6'4 200lbs +man with one arm as he defied gravity and moved a support beam. Batfleck has some exaggerated effects that superficially make him look impressive but there's a reason Mr Asian guy kept coming back for more.

Bale almost always used stealth, WTF? and tech? lol you're comparing him to a guy who literally made a useless tin can.

They weren't in Arkham though. Lex was struggling to control his laughter, even told him that he knew his name. Batfleck had to threaten him with Arkham inmates to wipe his smile but even then Lex quickly regained composure. Did we watch the same scene? and you already forgot about Harley laughing at his face? lmao.

How was Bale not more intimidating when he literally intimidated people like Joker(who doesn't give a f*ck) and Scarecrow(whose whole theme is fear)? who exactly did Fatfleck intimidate aside from a rookie cop, trafficked girls and some cholo? Bale's scenes with Flass and Maroni are far more intimidating than anything Batfleck did, come on.

Avatar image for redhood_jaytodd
RedHood_JayTodd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Affleck

TurtleTortoise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bale was good but nothing beats the do you bleed scene where Batman squares up facing Superman.

meh, I've seen better

Avatar image for wolverinebatmanftw
WolverineBatmanFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Affleck would've been scarier if the fake muscle suit was less obvious.

ReaperTheGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Affleck's Batman from BvS was more intimidating to me, despite being less "growly" and "yelly" than Bale's while in costume, which ultimately I think hurt Bale's intimidation factor a little bit. Made me giggle because of how over the top BatBale's voice and acting were at times.

With BvS Batman, it was all about his stature, presence, and the cold ferocity with which he punished dudes. It was pretty scary stuff all around. But I attribute a lot of that to Zack Snyder's exceptional directing and visual storytelling as well. For example, the image below is such a great scene and shot. So intimidating and spooky, just how The Batman is supposed be. And there are plenty of other shots like that in the film.

No Caption Provided

He looks like a chubby goof lol

ninetoadclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sneaky guy who might break a bone or two.

Sneaky guy with chain guns in his car which he uses to shred people in chases, destroys buildings at a whim, has drones with missiles, and if he does let you live, burns his symbol on you with glowing hot brass knucks which will get you murdered in prison.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ben Affleck.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bale's Batman being more grounded makes him less scarier.

SquadDoubleYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batfleck, but Bale is slicker

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642 said:

He's 6'1 according to people who've been close to him and Pattinson. This was brought up in another site that I visited when Rob was cast. Rob's height is a confirmed 6'1 I believe but you do realize that knocking off an inch only makes Bale's physical conditioning more impressive right?

It wasn't a baseless claim, he was told to drop weight because the suit couldn't accommodate him. He wasn't told to shed for the lols. I'm comparing Bale and Affleck so I have no idea where those guys came from. Still Cavill, Hemsworth and Jackman are known fitness freaks and Evans's weight gains for Cap are well documented. Bale too is a master of physical transformation whereas Affleck doesn't even belong in the same conversation as those guys. You want me to show you beach pics of him with his pudgy body? this guy is not a fitness geek nor a master of physical transformation. Jen Garner claimed that he had 17 inch arms sometime before BVS got released. That's a joke, I'm about 5'6-5'7 and I have kept 16 inch arms. If Affleck was that impressive then he would have had shirtless scenes. As it stands, his workout scene in the film was heavily obscured by light and shading, had very quick partial shots and he never got a proper and full shirtless scene. His back and lats were impressive so I'll give him that but there's a reason for that fake abs suit and all that work that I mentioned.

Bale's Batman has literally one shotted almost everyone short of guys like Ra's and Bane. Batfleck threw one guy across the room in a shot that never made it to the theatrical or the ultimate cut, dude it was only in the trailer. He rockbottomed a guy, that was not a chokeslam which is significantly more difficult. Bale has kicked a brick wall with a weak leg and curled a 6'4 200lbs +man with one arm as he defied gravity and moved a support beam. Batfleck has some exaggerated effects that superficially make him look impressive but there's a reason Mr Asian guy kept coming back for more.

Bale almost always used stealth, WTF? and tech? lol you're comparing him to a guy who literally made a useless tin can.

They weren't in Arkham though. Lex was struggling to control his laughter, even told him that he knew his name. Batfleck had to threaten him with Arkham inmates to wipe his smile but even then Lex quickly regained composure. Did we watch the same scene? and you already forgot about Harley laughing at his face? lmao.

How was Bale not more intimidating when he literally intimidated people like Joker(who doesn't give a f*ck) and Scarecrow(whose whole theme is fear)? who exactly did Fatfleck intimidate aside from a rookie cop, trafficked girls and some cholo? Bale's scenes with Flass and Maroni are far more intimidating than anything Batfleck did, come on.

Bale and Pattinson are both clocked in at 6ft, never seen them passed as 6'1. Bale wasn't physically impressive in the slightest and knocking off an inch further proves that.

The baseless claim I'm referring too is you saying he was 220lbs, I don't believe that was true in the slightest because again, that would mean he would dwarf a majority of the actors i mentioned which just by comparing all of them is very far from the case. I never suggested Affleck was a fitness freak? Yeah...he's been overweight....he's also been battling alcoholism and depression for a majority of his adult life and still managed to get in incredible shape for BvS. 17 inch arms isn't small?????? The average man isn't anywhere near that lmao, and in any case that's genetically based his strength isn't his arms, in fact most of these actors don't have impressive arms anyway, apart from Hemsworth and Cavill ish. Affleck's workout scene showed his physique perfectly well and he was jacked. All superhero suits have "fake abs" and the padding for the suit was a) to make him look even more imposing and b) it had a practical benefit of protecting him more from damage.

Bale's Batman didn't one shot anyone consistently, he consistently struggled with rooms of goons and his fighting techniques were unimpressive and sloppy. WDYM its literally in both cuts, not to mention he whips a whole crate overhead, puts a dude thru a wall, breaks thru a wall, chokeslams a dude and punches one into the ground breaking the floor beneath him. All those feats are impressive but still not much compared to Affleck's (barring the support feat), even the suit is confirmed to not increase his physical strength and he was able to slam a man built like Cavill through a wall, throw concrete pillars and pick him up overhead.

Bale's Batman used stealth in Begins and a bit in TDK, I'm comparing him to a man who literally steam rolled a group of highly trained assassins with his BM and in H2H combat, who popped into a Prison without anyone notcing, who trounced Lexcorp security and who concocted gear and weaponry to F with Superman.

My mistake on the Arkham bit, Lex wasn't laughing due to not being intimidated lol that's you creating that idea in your head. He was clearly frightened which is why he was stuttering and petrified. He's also psychotic so we can't really take his perceptions of things at face value, Lex wasn't even afraid when DD was about to turn him into paste. The Harley thing is irrelevant, I don't recall that scene that much and it's probably not worth mentioning....R'As, Talia, Bane, Dent, Joker, Selina were all not intimidated by BatBale.

By the same token as your argument for Lex "not being afraid" of Batfleck neither was Joker....Joker was legitimately laughing in his face and berating him, begging him to beat him. He wasn't afraid of BatBale in the slightest. Scarecrow was terrified of him due to being exposed to fear toxin not a remotely relevant example. Bale's Falcone shipyard is the best example of him being intimidating, but his scene with Flass and Maroni are kind of generic, how is it any more intimidating than BatFleck who straight up shattered Jokers entire face for killing Robin, who was about to kill an Alien God with no hesitation, who beat the brakes of dozens of goons with nigh effortless ease, who stood in the face of Parademons and Steppenwolf and didn't even blink. There worlds are entirely different, one is more grounded and real the other is more fantastical and bigger in scope. Just in terms of physicality Batfleck is more intimidating and I really don't see it as a debate, I see Cavill's Supes as 100% more intimidating than Reeve/Routh or Hoechlin, Cain, Reeves, etc. just based on the fact that he's built like a brick shit house and all the other Clark's (except Routh) have been fairly thin in comparison.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raspy voice vs. Snyder dialogue? Hard pick for me.

Avatar image for meandyourgirl69
MeAndYourGirl69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BvS

mexcomics2078

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers