Who was more badass: Faora or Black Widow?

• 124 results
MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who was more badass: Faora or Black Widow? (216 votes)

Faora 76%
Black Widow 24%

Strictly, who pulled off the badass factor better?

• 
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Faora was more badass for the simple reason that when I saw her I completely forgot that I was looking at Antje, Widow on the other hand was just Scarlett in a black suit.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

wow. people are comparing someone with pretty all the great superpowers in the book to someone with just skill. kinda like superman and batman. isnt it funny? BW all the way.

ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

wow. people are comparing someone with pretty all the great superpowers in the book to someone with just skill. kinda like superman and batman. isnt it funny? BW all the way.

Being badass has nothing to do with powers or skill. Constantine has no physical skill yet he's still far more badass than Superman. Allow me to direct you to these comments:

@monsterstomp said:

@rustyroy said:
@cfrehse said:

this isn't really fair. If widow had faora's powers imagine the things she would do

Its not about powers, its about attitude, Faora made Zod look like a child, was she more powerful than Zod?

Agreed. It's not about powers, its about attitude. Captain Atom has more power than Ezio, but Ezio is more badass in my opinion.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

While I do think that Faora is mind numbingly overratted round these parts, I'd have to side with her.

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By ShadowX

Faora was awesome.. but she was facing people who were physically weaker then her. Except for maybe superman. She was badass but....

I think Black widoe who stood down a god, survived against the hulk, took down oppenents when they had the upper hand such as when she was chained up. Fought against a massive alien invasion, etc. For me an underdog pulling off feats against their physically better Tend to be more badass then a foe that is equally powerful or stronger decimating places..

Now if this was a fight Faora hands down. It would be spite. Was faora badass? Yes but in my mind black widow was more so.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: When was Widow not handled with respect? Only time I could feel them trying to show she was a female fighter and not just a fighter, is when she picked up her heels after beating the Russians. Oh and the Ass shot whilst she spoke to Loki. I feel they were handled the same. In fact besides Cap, Natasha was the "straight man" of the team.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By deaditegonzo

@guardiandevil83: There were several unnecessary a**-shots. Her pose on the movie poster left the distinct impression of what purpose she served in the movie. Most people who compliment her in it, make about how hot she was.

Faora was the best fighter of Zod's troops, and she completely manhandled the title character. Her gender and appearance was never a factor in her portrayal. She has so far been the most bada** female in a CBM, and hopefully from here on out directors will take a lesson from her example.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: I see what you mean. How about Elektra? Except for DD there was not much mention of her sex. And she...was kinda weak, nevermind. Lady Deathstrike or Mystique vie for second. lol

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Omfg. I LOVED Faora. She was kind-of better than Zod in some aspects. Her action sequences were fantastic and even though her lines were short, they were delivered with a sort of "cold, dreadful"type tone that just sent chills down your spine. And her eyes! Gorgeous.

I've been crushing hard on Antje Traue since MoS came out (and I've seen it 6 times in theaters lol). I hope she does more movies now.

Wouldn't mind Faora escaping the phantom zone again and coming back at some point for a sequel. Perhaps with Doomsday....

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: I see what you mean. How about Elektra? Except for DD there was not much mention of her sex. And she...was kinda weak, nevermind. Lady Deathstrike or Mystique vie for second. lol

Mystique has been pretty legit. Heavily sexualized, but I think that fits her character. I dont like in First Class that a big part of the reason she sided with Magneto seemed to be her frustration with Xavier ignoring her, but eh.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardiandevil83: There were several unnecessary a**-shots. Her pose on the movie poster left the distinct impression of what purpose she served in the movie. Most people who compliment her in it, make about how hot she was.

Faora was the best fighter of Zod's troops, and she completely manhandled the title character. Her gender and appearance was never a factor in her portrayal. She has so far been the most bada** female in a CBM, and hopefully from here on out directors will take a lesson from her example.

Completely agree with this.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: Again with the good points. you uh, you got something good goin on in your head

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By gunmetalgrey
@dernman said:

I wish there was more of Faora. I really liked her.

Well, she's on the cover of Superman/Wonder Woman #1, so who knows.

thevarioty436

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By thevarioty436

i can't wait to see how wonder woman turns out, zack snyder seems to be as good as wheadon (judging by this) even better at creating strong female characters, i think zack and gal will do wonder woman justice, just like they did superman

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:
@ssejllenrad said:

Faora by far. It's not even about the powers as some would claim. It's not like Supes is going to win the badassery fight against Bats. No, it's not about powers. BW was more sexuality, less badassery. Faora on the other hand was pure unadulterated badass. She is almost on the level of Sarah Connors or Ripley or Ma-Ma. Still not there but very close, BW's badassery is closer to Charlie's Angels. Nyehehehe!

Black Widow tried too hard. She tried desperately for the "I'm a strong, sexy girl who can hold my own with the big names!" look.

Faora... Faora said "I'm a soldier and I'm here to beat the crap out of Kal-El in an I-Hop." She didn't try to hang in the big leagues; she is in the big leagues.

This so much. Faora is just so much better I don't even know how this is a thread.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

"A good death is its own reward," I know Goyer's script was dodgy at times but that line sends chills down my spine. I love Faora, I hope that echoes in Wonder Woman.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Faora by far. Widow wasn't even badass IMO

ThanoStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By ThanoStomp

@rustyroy said:

@deaditegonzo said:

Completely agree with this.

2nd

(although I don't mind the a** shots of Widow either. It was close to being overboard for me, but still acceptable. That same type of sexualizing wouldn't have worked in MOS. Thankfully, they didn't try.)

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Black Widow wins in a "Whos Hotter" contest but she looses here

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By cattlebattle

So, what are we basing the term "bad ass" off of?? By how many people the character punched? Wasn't Faora sort of non existent in Man of Steel??

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Foara.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While both are ridiculously sexy and are some BAMF's, I have ta go with Faora

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was more afraid of Faora than I was of Zod. She easily gets my vote.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By reaverlation

Black Widow for sure...isn't in Faora's league in Bada$$ery.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Black Widow was..cute with her little snarky quips and backflips. But Faora was a beast. Straight up killing people and not even blinking.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Faora.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This should be locked for mismatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: As in Faora stomps so hard the battle isnt fair, the Mods should like it for spite.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: As in Faora stomps so hard the battle isnt fair, the Mods should like it for spite.

It's a popular opinion, but an opinion none the less.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 rogueshadow  Moderator

Widow.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: Watching Faora in MOS, I was wondering, if I had that much power, would I truly be a hero or would I turn into a complete psycho who slaps people away with buses?...

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 the_stegman  Moderator

@oscars94 said:

@cameron83: Watching Faora in MOS, I was wondering, if I had that much power, would I truly be a hero or would I turn into a complete psycho who slaps people away with buses?...

Well, power tends to corrupt, chances are you'd do whatever you want, whether it's good or bad...probably bad though.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love both.

I love Black Widow more.

Faora was the far more badass character in the movies.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: I would probably visit North Korea first, see what the media says is true. If not, I'll show the world the truth. If it is, I'll disarm North Korea. Regardless I'll disable all of our World's Nukes.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@oscars94 said:

@the_stegman: I would probably visit North Korea first, see what the media says is true. If not, I'll show the world the truth. If it is, I'll disarm North Korea. Regardless I'll disable all of our World's Nukes.

I'd rob banks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Faora

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

When I first saw Faora I was thinking Thor's mother (Frigga) and I thoughht hells yeah b*tches!

realising my mistake my opinion hasn't changed, I love the inspiration BW has brought but damn faora went toe to toe with supes!

EdwinTshebuye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By EdwinTshebuye

@entropy_aegis: cause she doesn't have superpowers Faora would be weak too without superpowers so...

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Faora, there's nothing bad about widows ass

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Faora Godstomp.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#98  Edited By jumpstart55
  • Faora godstomps..Scarlett Johansson was a truly lackluster Black Widow and quite the opposite of Badass.
  • Not to mention all of Faora great quotes like "A good death is its own reward"