Who was Alfred talking to in the Justice League trailer?

• 78 results
mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who was Alfred talking to in the Justice League trailer? (119 votes)

Superman 80%
Green Lantern 7%
Flash from the future 2%
Other (specify who) 11%

• 
mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IMO: Definitely Superman. This is clearly someone Alfred is familiar with. Not necessarily someone he knows personally, but definitely someone he can identify at first sight.

Add that to the fact that A) there is something red out of focus and B) we already know Superman will be in this movie, and I think it's almost a gurantee that this is Superman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Martha.

Avatar image for bowlt_swagg_320
bowlt_swagg_320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Supes most likely

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 the_stegman  Moderator

Superman or future Flash. How would "He" assuming it's Batman, even know about GL?

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman or future Flash. How would "He" assuming it's Batman, even know about GL?

Exactly. Whoever Alfred's talking to, it's clearly someone Batman's been in contact with before. Assuming either Hal Jordan or John Stewart even have rings at this point, Batman clearly doesn't know about them, because if he did, he'd have already contacted them by now.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Joss Whedon

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor. They gave the rights back to Marvel. The red cape even matches. Prove me wrong.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely Superman. It's obviously someone who he knows by sight.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong or misinterpreting things but didn't the voice over say that there were no Lanterns? Of course it also said there wasn't a Kryptonian either.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely Superman. It's obviously someone who he knows by sight.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong or misinterpreting things but didn't the voice over say that there were no Lanterns? Of course it also said there wasn't a Kryptonian either.

Yes, Steppenwolf did indeed say that.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rogueshadow  Moderator

It's CW Oliver Queen.

Batman knows they need somebody really OP to take down Steppenwolf so he'll travel the multiverse to ask Oliver for help. Oliver will solo Steppenwolf in an epic 1v1 while Felicity hacks all of their tech and causes their ships etc. to self-destruct.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor. They gave the rights back to Marvel. The red cape even matches. Prove me wrong.

I'm hoping for a big triumphant return for superman. They were really hyping up the void that was left with his death, as they should. Humans on the dceu earth didn't know how good they had it until they lost him. The only thing that grinds my gears is where is my MoS 2 announcement? I need Clark flying in space doing epic stuff, of course in our solar system as I think the green lanterns are the gateway to the larger universe.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

It's CW Oliver Queen.

Batman knows they need somebody really OP to take down Steppenwolf so he'll travel the multiverse to ask Oliver for help. Oliver will solo Steppenwolf in an epic 1v1 while Felicity hacks all of their tech and causes their ships etc. to self-destruct.

The logical choice on Bruce's part would be to contact Mr. Terrific instead of Oliver. Mr. T is OP as hell, he would beat the crap out of Steppenwolf without problem

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm mostly just hoping it's not Supergirl like a lot of people online are speculating it could be because of the hologram Bruce was looking at (just because the leg looks a little off doesn't mean it's a woman's). It's way to early to be pushing her into the DCEU and no one is demanding she be in it.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:

It's CW Oliver Queen.

The logical choice on Bruce's part would be to contact Mr. Terrific instead of Oliver. Mr. T is OP as hell, he would beat the crap out of Steppenwolf without problem

Logically yeah, but it's overkill, it wouldn't make for an interesting final fight if he just blinks Steppenwolf out of existence, so I don't see them doing that.

I'm expecting the post-credits scene will show Prometheus sitting on a throne in Apokolips with Darkseid's corpse at his feet as he watches Batman on a monitor and states that he's ten steps ahead of him and he hasn't even figured out what kind of game they're playing yet.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MarvelandDCfan24

Darkseids mom Martha

matthdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supergirl

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Gotoucanario

Why no Supergirl/Shazam option? Anyway it has to be Supes.

@buttersdaman000 said:

I'm hoping for a big triumphant return for superman. They were really hyping up the void that was left with his death, as they should. Humans on the dceu earth didn't know how good they had it until they lost him. The only thing that grinds my gears is where is my MoS 2 announcement? I need Clark flying in space doing epic stuff, of course in our solar system as I think the green lanterns are the gateway to the larger universe.

Maybe they are waiting for JL release to announce MoS 2? I am sure there's still some people in the audience that doesn't know Superman returns and they are making it less obvious. I hope so anyway.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PayneInTheAss

It has to be Superman

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A hyped up Superman.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By Jgames

Martian Manhunter obviously

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Without a doubt Superman.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why no Supergirl/Shazam option? Anyway it has to be Supes.

@heatforce said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

Maybe they are waiting for JL release to announce MoS 2? I am sure there's still some people in the audience that doesn't know Superman returns and they are making it less obvious. I hope so anyway.

I doubt that. General audiences do not keep up with comic con announcements; even if they did confirm Man of Steel 2 at comic con, I doubt general audiences would know until they saw the trailer.

So yeah, I doubt they're keeping Superman out of the marketing for the sake of general audiences.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I sooo want it to be Martian Manhunter. But its supes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope it's not Superman tbh.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please, let it be Captain Marvel. I can see a hint of red, so there is hope. What would be cooler than Billy fighting zombie Supes? The taking up the mantel of hope and becoming the hero Supes should have been.

Prospero_Locke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God. With all the hints dropped that supes is coming back, let's hope the dialog is a misdirection. Otherwise hope is going to be said a lot in the movie. "Let's hope you aren't too late" I'm saying flash returning from the bvs message or surprise green lantern.

Druzzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's Nightwing.

AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman .

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously Superman. Worst kept secret.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ambush Bug

*fingers crossed*

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Beyonder97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

That would be dope as hell if it wasn't Supes and it was Captain Marvel or Martian Manhunter...but it's probably just Supes...

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman most likely. It could also be the seventh member who I think will be a GL.

Avatar image for deactivated-5caa8c47e8598
deactivated-5caa8c47e8598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We think it's Superman in the movie, but at the end he shape-shifts into Martian Manhunter and reveals that he was disguising himself as Supes the whole time...

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 the_stegman  Moderator
Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@undefined: Actually, if it is Superman, I find it rather odd.

Supes comes back from the friggin death and Alfred remains calm like K.

How?

Gazool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Gazool

C'mon guys, we all know it's Slipknot.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf
deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

plot twist its green arrow

Avatar image for staticspeedster
StaticSpeedster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

Please, let it be Captain Marvel. I can see a hint of red, so there is hope. What would be cooler than Billy fighting zombie Supes? The taking up the mantel of hope and becoming the hero Supes should have been.

I'm hoping for that too but I'm sure Billy would come along on the next film. It's definitely Superman.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@staticspeedster: Imagine if it was a classic hero like Jay. Batman and WW hint that there was an age of heros before but we don't really get to see that, if a classic hero comes back we could get to see what they mean. It would also explain why the hero seems to come late in the fight yet is expected.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@staticspeedster: This is really far fetched but imagine if the JSA was a thing, which is why the guy specifically mentions Lanterns because Alan Scott might have helped stopped an invasion before. That would really explain the age of heros. Too bad the goverment was scared of Supes which debunks that idea.

StaticSpeedster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@staticspeedster: Imagine if it was a classic hero like Jay. Batman and WW hint that there was an age of heros before but we don't really get to see that, if a classic hero comes back we could get to see what they mean. It would also explain why the hero seems to come late in the fight yet is expected.

Jay Garrick? But he's from another universe. It's probably too early to introduce other characters from other universes from this point. Actually DC takes it slow with introducing heroes to the DCEU. It's Superman. That red thing you saw was his cape. Would be a waste if he isn't part of Justice League's first film.

No Caption Provided

@staticspeedster: This is really far fetched but imagine if the JSA was a thing, which is why the guy specifically mentions Lanterns because Alan Scott might have helped stopped an invasion before. That would really explain the age of heros. Too bad the goverment was scared of Supes which debunks that idea.

Yeah it's far fetched alright. And it's going to be Hal not Alan if they're pushing for a Lantern in the DCEU. :/

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@staticspeedster: Jay doesn't have to be from another universe in this timeline, he could just be an old hero.

StaticSpeedster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@staticspeedster: Jay doesn't have to be from another universe in this timeline, he could just be an old hero.

I'm sure it wouldn't make sense in the long run. Should be slightly interesting though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@staticspeedster: Well there was an age of heros so there had to be someone, even if it wasn't Jay. Maybe it is the Atom Smaher which is why you kinda hear the ground moving.

It is most likely Supes but how lame would that be?

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@staticspeedster: Well there was an age of heros so there had to be someone, even if it wasn't Jay. Maybe it is the Atom Smaher which is why you kinda hear the ground moving.

It is most likely Supes but how lame would that be?

You say that now but if Supes doesn't get a significant role at the end there would be hell of a backlash lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gotoucanario: There would be backlash but I wouldn't be one of the haters.....also how many people would be amazed if a golden age hero showed? Maybe more than people who did not like Supes not being there.