This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by solar_nerd (1486 posts) 2 months, 10 hours ago

Poll: Who should join the Suicide Squad in James Gunn's "Suicide Squad 2"? (20 votes)

Black Manta 30%
Cheetah 15%
Bronze Tiger 40%
King Shark 35%
Captain Cold 25%
Killer Frost 40%
Bane 25%
Vixen 15%
Scarecrow 10%
Poison Ivy 30%
Catwoman 5%
Deathstroke 35%
Thinker 15%
Count Vertigo 10%
Chemo 5%
Solomon Grundy 15%
Multiplex 10%
Plastique 15%
Doctor Light 5%
Someone else (please specify in the comments) 15%

No Caption Provided

My personal choices are Deathstroke, Black Manta, Captain Cold, Poison Ivy, Bane, Scarecrow, King Shark and Killer Frost.

#1 Posted by Kairan1979 (25956 posts) - - Show Bio

Bronze Tiger. I liked him in Suicide Squad : Hell to Pay.

King Shark joining the team doesn't make sense - the 'monster' job is already taken by Croc.

Black Manta is needed for Aquaman, Deathstroke already joined Luthor.

#2 Posted by PenguinDust (8076 posts) - - Show Bio

Jared from Subway

#3 Edited by TheVivas (18761 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are they even making another one?

#5 Posted by Wolfrazer (15854 posts) - - Show Bio

King Shark and Killer Frost, cause they be a great couple! Thank you Assault on Arkham! Also the actual King Shark!

#7 Posted by mrmonster (12751 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke and Black Manta for sure. Maybe Bronze Tiger, Killer Frost, or Bane (especially if they Dave Bautista to be Bane).

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
#8 Edited by xMangog__Beastx (3734 posts) - - Show Bio

@thevivas said:

Why are they even making another one?

#9 Posted by kgb725 (17739 posts) - - Show Bio

Killer frost will be the new Diablo 100%

#10 Posted by Super_ninja (3425 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanna see Vixen on SS 2. She would be great !

#11 Edited by AbstractRaze (2083 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for Poison Ivy, my first option by far and then for Bane.

It's just Harley Quinn needs her better half, Catwoman would be amazing as well, the trio must be there IMO, DC should wake up and exploit the real substance/essence.

#12 Posted by Tomkatie (2897 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely Killer Frost and Bronze Tiger, Plastique would be pretty cool

If they could pull of the Daniel West arc it'd be lit, but that won't happen for a multitude of reasons

#13 Posted by MrNihal (2641 posts) - - Show Bio

Killer frost,Riddler.

#14 Edited by ANTHP2000 (22862 posts) - - Show Bio

The initial choices were bad. No one cares about Captain Idiot, they made Killer Crock into the lamest excuse of a superhuman joke machine, I never cared about Diablo before that, and Katana had litteraly no business being there. Smith and Robbie did a great job with their (actually interesting and cool) characters, but that's it. They should add more classic villains in the roster, which however shouldn't feel out of place, and write/cast then porperly.

I'd also like to see the Squad going up against Deathstroke in the big screen.

#15 Posted by foxerdes (9445 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke as a villain would be friggin awesome. Interactions with Deadshot, choreography and overall badassery would make for a wonderful spectacle and it's not that hard to make a "Opposite sides - the same goal" scenario." Squad tries to get data/kill or kidnap someone while Deathstroke has been hired to do the same. It also invites a lot of fresh ideas.

I'm only afraid that Suicide Squad style would ruin him. Same goes for Bane. He is not a pet. He is not some muscles of the team. He is BANE. He is a character that needs spotlight and time to shine like in TDKR.

#16 Posted by Morpheus_ (33850 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke is too big to be in the squad and works terribly with others unless he runs the show himself. Only reason he was even on the team in the N52 for 4-5 issues was to push his own agenda.

If they decided to adapt Ostrander's run, Rick Flag, Deadshot and Bronze Tiger should be the trinity. Given that they are looking to hire Gunn, that is unlikely, though.

#17 Posted by Helloman (24864 posts) - - Show Bio

All of them! :D

#18 Edited by TheHercules (335 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

They just can't put Deathstroke and Deadshot on the same team haha!

(Black Manta as well, he is too much for this team (just as Deathstroke is. Pick King Shark instead)

#19 Posted by dirtytree332 (407 posts) - - Show Bio

Keep Deadshot and Harley, they were one of the few decent aspects of the movie.

Swap the generic brute named Killer Croc with someone who's far more nuanced and interesting - Bane. That's how he should be portrayed, as level-headed and one of the intellectuals of the team as well as the physical powerhouse.

Add Killer Frost and Firefly, would love to see these two opposites together.

Would also like to see Bronze Tiger, Plastique, Rag Doll and maybe someone like the Riddler, Thinker, Scarecrow, etc. some genius villain.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#20 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (13538 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Manta, King Shark And Killer Frost.

Deathstroke or Bane as the antagonist. Deathstroke vs Black Manta on screen has potential.

#21 Posted by solar_nerd (1486 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by Magian (150137 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see Deathstroke being the villain of the movie but doubt they would put him on the team with Deadshot, as much as I would like to see them together.

#23 Posted by Veshark (10437 posts) - - Show Bio

If your whole premise is a metahuman black ops team, have members with actual metahuman powers, or equipment/skills that are near-superhuman.

Deadshot should be the only normie on the Squad. Everyone else should have powers, otherwise it kinda defeats the purpose of recruiting supervillains. I really don’t wanna see Harley Quinn, or half the guys they chose for the Ayer movie.

#24 Posted by Renchamp (7548 posts) - - Show Bio

This can be discussed in the announcement thread.