Who seemed like the more advanced species Kryptonians (DCEU) or Asgardians (MCU)

• 67 results
#1 Posted by Superhero24 (4766 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

or

No Caption Provided

Who is the most advanced in your opinion? Why?

#2 Edited by DammeFavour (8518 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely kryptonians. The only impressive things on asgard are the bifrost and mjonir

Avatar image for thelastdragonborn
#3 Posted by TheLastDragonborn (2118 posts) - - Show Bio

Tough one. Im not sure really.

#4 Posted by deltahuman (5016 posts) - - Show Bio

Both civilization depictions have flaws. A species capable of intergalactic travel, genetic engineering, terraforming and that too for thousands of years would never die. I don't know how many of you've heard about the Kardashev Scale. It is a scale that can help rank the hierarchy of civilizations based on their technology. describing all the data in detail here would be too lengthy but even if a Civilization reaches Type 2 status, it's very hard to kill it by natural means. A type 2 or above civilization would perish only by artificial reasons like weapons of mass destruction and stuff. Even then it's unlikely. To give you a perspective on a type 2 civilization you can consider the United Federation of Planets from Star Trek. In comparison humanity hasn't reached even typ 1 yet. It's currently thought to be at type O.7 It will be another century or two for us to reach Type 1. you can think about it and figure out how advanced a type 1 civilization is considered to be. For us to reach type 2 it will be at least a thousand years or more of sustained technological achievement. From what Zod and Jor-El said, the Kryptonian civilization from MoS seemed to be at least type 2. they could terraform planets, establish colonies throughout different galaxies, travel an ocean of star systems in days. Like Jor-El said, their civilization flourished for a 100,000 years. Impressive. And the technology they showed was faithful to what Jor-El said. Full marks for that. But the circumstances of how the planet died is ridiculously stupid.

Taking about Asgardians, they might be even higher on the Kardashev Scale. probably Type 3. given how advanced they are. their technology seems like sorcery. But that's about the only thing that's scientifically close to being accurate about Asgard. Imagine a Civilization so advanced, they can teleport to anywhere in the galaxy instantly, has a citizen that can see 9 different planets and 10 trillion souls with his naked eyes??? Whaaat?? they live in a flat landmass?? how's that possible? why on earth would they use horses? why would somebody from Asgard decide to fly clinging on to a hammer? how's that even possible? why would they use swords? even Iron man's electromechanical armour, antman's Pym particles etc seem more advanced than what Asgard has to offer. I can't imagine what energy source they possibly use. Asgard is either downright ridiculous or they are very advanced, to the point they have uploaded themselves digitally onto some super advanced computer and what we see of them are engineered bodies and surroundings just to interact with us puny mortals. In short Asgard is unexplainable. I'll leave that to others.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
#5 Posted by Fallschirmjager (23432 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel's stance on magic makes a comparison like this hard to answer. How much of what Asgard does is tech or magic?

#6 Posted by Thorthunder98 (6897 posts) - - Show Bio

Dunno Asgardians have a more regal/mystical/royal feel to them they don't feel like a scientifically advanced society. Kryptonians are more towards technology and stuff they're easier to explain.

We don't know how much magic is involved in Asgard yet. Though everyone wants to say they're just an advanced alien race, the only evidence of that is from human characters and that isn't reliable enough to me.

If a God came to the real Earth in our life everyone would call it an alien too.

#7 Posted by BlackLegRaph (5523 posts) - - Show Bio

The Kryptonians

#8 Posted by Superhero24 (4766 posts) - - Show Bio

@deltahuman: to be fair the horse Odin uses has 8 legs and is said in MCU wiki to be extremely fast.

#9 Posted by deltahuman (5016 posts) - - Show Bio

@superhero24: really? say human beings can create an actual Iron Man suit. It's not even remotely possible now or even in the next 50 years or maybe more but say it's somehow possible. would you choose an eight legged horse over that because it can run faster than normal horses. The stuff they show in Asgard is stupid mate. Downright stupid. Ask a real scientist, he'll probably die of hysterical laughter

#10 Posted by Lord_Spectrum (4244 posts) - - Show Bio

Asgardians.

#11 Edited by Superhero24 (4766 posts) - - Show Bio

@deltahuman:

You have a point, but that horse isn't a little faster. It is suppose to be way faster as in blur speeds to faster than sound speeds especially in comics and actual mythology. It is flat out incredible or suppose to be at least. Yes it is stupid, but that is what the comic dudes saw while on drugs making these comics. Thor's hammer isn't stupid though. The hammer manipulates gravity to a high degree to the point that it only weighs 42 pounds and the Hulk cant lift it. It also can make hurricanes and control lightning. This is all in a hammer. It doesn't fly on it's own. Thor has to toss it. I personally think it is more of a pride thing on why he would use a hammer instead of something else to make himself fly. The tech is crazy, but the ideas on where to use them are pretty dumb still advanced though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c531df1eeb1f
#12 Posted by deactivated-5c531df1eeb1f (1804 posts) - - Show Bio

Asgard this isn't even close IMO.

#13 Edited by DannyDared (256 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel Asgardians by Far, their understanding of the universes physics, math, quantum and mystical magical elements to be one and the same, guys like Loki, Destoryer, Hella, their whole network of worlds universes and their knowledge of 'ultimate weapons' will always give them the edge. Kryptonians for their part are basically just an advanced alien species who happened to get these super-powers from a yellow not a red sun, they did a piss poor job of finding other habitable planets and were not able to prevent their own star/planet from going Boom! Without a yellow sun, Kryptonians get destroyed, Kryptonians out in space or for example on the Frost giant planet are total fodder. The Asgardians seem to have crazy feats like creating a hammer in the heart of a dying star...why do Asgardians still have horses and swords etc I guess it just their culture, why does a technologically advanced Japan have sushi, karate, kimono, sumo...again its their culture.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d29c479f1ca
#14 Edited by deactivated-59d29c479f1ca (4066 posts) - - Show Bio

Asgard weapons are no close to world engine level destruction.

#15 Posted by Thorthunder98 (6897 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by rogueshadow (29464 posts) - - Show Bio

Asgard.

Random ramble; Magic in general in the MCU still isn't thatwell defined, broadly speaking it seems to be defined as extra-dimensional energy being channeled into our own universe to warp our reality in various ways, we've seen this most clearly with Odin, the Masters of the Mystic Arts, Ghost Rider and Eli Morrow. Scarlet Witch is said to be using magic by Feige, but the source of her energy is thus far unknown, same with the Iron Fist, Shou Lao is probably some sort interdimensional entity like Dormammu, hence Davos' "think infinite" line when describing it. I think the Black Sky is going to be the same, and Elektra is somebody who can act as an Avatar for that entity.

I think that Thor has to be using "magic" to do what he's doing, I recall that he was able to create Asgardian armour from thin-air, seemingly breaking the 1st law of Thermodynamics, something which has been established as impossible in the MCU as per Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, if that seems to happen, it's because the energy is being channeled from another dimension/source, i.e. magic.

Loki is described as a "master of Magic" by Hogun, Thor states magic and science are "one and the same" to the Asgardians (Brannagh's depiction of Asgard was far more consistent with this, hopefully Waititi can get back to this). I consider it to be magic, Feige's just trying to give it some sort of rough grounding in science, taking the approach that once it can be quantified and controlled, even magic is just science we don't understand yet.

#17 Posted by CyborgZod (954 posts) - - Show Bio

Asgardians without doubt. Their tech was so advanced it's like magic.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d29c479f1ca
#18 Posted by deactivated-59d29c479f1ca (4066 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorthunder98: yeah u r right but it but they don't have technology that can convert the any earth like planet into krypton .

Asgard have no technology close planetary level like world engine.

#19 Posted by uugieboogie (13409 posts) - - Show Bio

Asgard.

Random ramble; Magic in general in the MCU still isn't thatwell defined, broadly speaking it seems to be defined as extra-dimensional energy being channeled into our own universe to warp our reality in various ways, we've seen this most clearly with Odin, the Masters of the Mystic Arts, Ghost Rider and Eli Morrow. Scarlet Witch is said to be using magic by Feige, but the source of her energy is thus far unknown, same with the Iron Fist, Shou Lao is probably some sort interdimensional entity like Dormammu, hence Davos' "think infinite" line when describing it. I think the Black Sky is going to be the same, and Elektra is somebody who can act as an Avatar for that entity.

I think that Thor has to be using "magic" to do what he's doing, I recall that he was able to create Asgardian armour from thin-air, seemingly breaking the 1st law of Thermodynamics, something which has been established as impossible in the MCU as per Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, if that seems to happen, it's because the energy is being channeled from another dimension/source, i.e. magic.

Loki is described as a "master of Magic" by Hogun, Thor states magic and science are "one and the same" to the Asgardians (Brannagh's depiction of Asgard was far more consistent with this, hopefully Waititi can get back to this). I consider it to be magic, Feige's just trying to give it some sort of rough grounding in science, taking the approach that once it can be quantified and controlled, even magic is just science we don't understand yet.

#20 Posted by kiba (3743 posts) - - Show Bio

Asgard for no other reason than they knew enough NOT to kill themselves, unlike some other races we know.

#21 Posted by buildhare (8812 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow said:

Asgard.

#22 Edited by MonsterStomp (36981 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager said:

Marvel's stance on magic makes a comparison like this hard to answer. How much of what Asgard does is tech or magic?

Well in the MCU "Magic" is simply science of a greater understanding. If that's the case, then Asgard.

#23 Edited by Paytience (5185 posts) - - Show Bio

@deltahuman: This is a little false though. The federation isn't K2+ but that is because the Kardashev scale refers explicitly to energy consumption and makes no note of how efficient the species are at making use of the technology efficiently.

The federation is much closer technologically to most of if not all civilizations in popular fiction. Legit energy to matter conversion, the ability to create holographic life, 5 different forms of ftl travel, interdimensional travel, time travel, etc. Techwise, the feds would be a class 5 civ in the cultureverse. That's pretty huge.

As for the battle...Asgardians are more tech advanced.

#24 Posted by jayc1324 (26432 posts) - - Show Bio

Just look at Loki and his magic and illusions. Yes he is a frost giant but Thor's mother taught him that stuff so it is still Asgardian. Plus the enchantment on Thor's hammer is very powerful too.

#25 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio

@uugieboogie said:
@rogueshadow said:

Asgard.

well put.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
#26 Posted by deactivated-097092725 (10555 posts) - - Show Bio

One appears more magic based, the other appears more technologically savvy. I'd go with Krypton when thinking in terms of "advanced" although I wouldn't consider them a stronger civilisation because of it.

#27 Edited by deltahuman (5016 posts) - - Show Bio

@paytience: Of course, yeah. The Kardashev Scale is based on energy utilization by a Civilization. The stuff they show in Star Trek, the United Federation of Planets, the technology etc are the closest any fictional depiction about future civilizations has been to actual science. I called them Scale 2 because you know scale 2 means able to utilize energy output of the entire galaxy which also means the civilization has spread throughout the galaxy more or less which again is faithful to what they show in Star Trek. Now regarding other stuff like FTL travel, teleportation etc. We can't assume at which stage a particular civilization will achieve those. I mean humans now have a design for FTL travel, the Alcubierre Drive. It's been there since decades. But we can't do it because we need exotic matter (matter with a negative energy density) to make the drive work. We have theories on teleportation like quantum tunnelling, we have theories on terraformation of Mars albeit not as efficient as they show in movies, we have theories and models on how to utilize 100 percent of the Sun's energy output like the Dyson sphere. But does that mean we're a type 2 civilization. Nope. Humanity is not even a type 1 civilization yet. So for certain tech like interplanetary travel and stuff, we can't assume at what point of time a Civilization will have technological know how on them. But we can speculate. Only when you reach type 2 can you manipulate enough energy for interplanetary travel throughout the galaxy. And that's why I called the Kryptonian civilization in MoS as type 2. The stuff they showed holds good by our current knowledge of science. Colonies in different planets, terraforming, FTL travel, advanced genetic and population engineering etc. It's consistent with current theories. That's what human beings will do one day when earth has exhausted all mineral resources. We're gonna have to mine asteroids, establish colonies in other planets either in the solar system or beyond. For that we're gonna have to learn to travel much much faster than what we can do now, FTL if it's even possible and terraform the colonies to our need. So I called the DCEU Kryptonians technologically much more accurate than MCU Asgardians.

The Asgardian technology is unquantifiable. Either it's downright ridiculous and stupid or its so advanced that they can do whatever they want and they have yet choosen to fight with swords, ride horses and learnt to live in a flat world or where ever they live in. Problem is we don't know much about Asgardians. Where do they live? Is it the milky way galaxy? Is it some other galaxy? Is it a parallel universe. How are nine connected realms even possible? How can a person like hiemdall watch nine different worlds and it's people that are trillions of miles apart? How is something like a biforst bridge even possible. Magic, sorcery both are science in MCU. Magic is advanced technology, sorcery is more or less the same, advanced technology which is used to harness energy from other parallel worlds. I actually like that. How else do you explain magic and other stuff? But whatever they show in the MCU reagrding all these is not even minutely consistent with our current understanding of science and the universe. It's either impossible or so advanced that it will be unquantifiable to humans even after a thousand years. I mean right now the prevalent theory taking into account Moore's law and other technological advancements is that we'll have AI by 2100 and have a technological singularity. After that we don't have to live in our physical bodies even. The world 100-200 years from now will be unquantifiable for humans living now. For a civilization That's thousands of years advanced than us, like say Asgard, they'll be one with the universe. They won't even live in biological bodies. Taking all that into account and other predictions, it's hard to believe what MCU Asgard has to offer. It's like they went backwards in time except they kept a few advanced technologies like bifrost. From what I know, Asgard from marvel, guardians of Oa from DC etc are type 3 and above But A much better and realistic description of a Civilization that's so advanced that its technology resembles magic would be Time Lords from Doctor Who, The Aliens form the final scene in Men in Black, the future huamans in Interstellar, the Q from the Q Continuum in Star Trek, the Reapers from Mass Effect, The Asgardians or other Gods from Stargate etc.

Even the more or less Type 1 human civilizations depicted in Avatar or Ender's Game seem more advanced than MCU Asgard in some areas.

Avatar image for bowlt_swagg_320
#28 Posted by bowlt_swagg_320 (2262 posts) - - Show Bio

Asguardians

Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
#29 Edited by deactivated-5b728068f211c (7069 posts) - - Show Bio

Asgardians

#30 Posted by cfrehse (2902 posts) - - Show Bio

Asgardian

#31 Posted by del_torro (3854 posts) - - Show Bio

Asgardians,the highly advanced computers and holographic interactive systems they use at SHIELD were called obsolete by sif, and she said asgardians abandoned such technology generations ago.

Also their aren't primitive, the swords have energy fields, making them capable of slicing through Shields containment forcefields. If we consider MCU asgard as science then the soul Forge, the berserker staff, the bifrost, odins staff, mjolnir, the palace shield and shield generator, the destroyer armor, loreleis muzzle, depowering Thor, assembling armor from nothing, are all high feats of Science.

Or its magic.

#32 Posted by Hush114 (1580 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by AbelHsu (3533 posts) - - Show Bio

Kryptonians can't even save their own planet from themselves.

Avatar image for dextersinister1
#34 Edited by Dextersinister1 (1257 posts) - - Show Bio

@deltahuman: But the circumstances of how the planet died is ridiculously stupid.

This is something you need to let slide, it's not just characters but events and things in comics can have plot armor.

Cyclops having problems controlling his powers so he will always wear his iconic visors, Thing never being cured despite having been allies with people who can turn rocks into bubbles, Xavier, or why characters vulnerable to bullets don't wear bullet proof costumes that could easily be made by some of their allies. Marvel themselves even gave an example of Magneto's concentration camp history and friendship with Xavier, something that is impossible now given their ages but is important to the character so will always be part of his history.

and Earth never progressing beyond a society identical to ours despite hundreds if not thousands of genius inventors and agencies clearly capable of space travel.

PIS to maintain the status quo. Krypton will always explode and Superman will always be one of a handful of surviving Krpyts because it's an integral part of his history.

#35 Edited by macleen (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump Krypton Stomps. Wormholes, planetary engineering, Phantom zone, FTL travel, Mind reading, Nano tech, memory upload into AI, World-scale hacking, OP body armor, spaceships, codex.

#36 Posted by mrmonster (16269 posts) - - Show Bio

Kryptonians

#37 Posted by samhmd1 (744 posts) - - Show Bio

The folks who couldn't even save their Homeworld from a natural disaster vs people who could teleport anywhere in 9 different Galaxies. Hmmm....

#38 Posted by Darkthunder (3422 posts) - - Show Bio

Asgard. Krypton has terraforming. Teleportation, holograms and ships

Asgard has holograms,FTl travel machine,destroyer,gungnir, mjolnr, stormbreaker and airships, forcefield etc

Avatar image for deactivated-5ca9389143922
#39 Posted by deactivated-5ca9389143922 (596 posts) - - Show Bio

The ones that don't use swords.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#40 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (17567 posts) - - Show Bio

An argument can be made for both.

#41 Posted by greenroost (1381 posts) - - Show Bio

Both civilization depictions have flaws. A species capable of intergalactic travel, genetic engineering, terraforming and that too for thousands of years would never die. I don't know how many of you've heard about the Kardashev Scale. It is a scale that can help rank the hierarchy of civilizations based on their technology. describing all the data in detail here would be too lengthy but even if a Civilization reaches Type 2 status, it's very hard to kill it by natural means. A type 2 or above civilization would perish only by artificial reasons like weapons of mass destruction and stuff. Even then it's unlikely. To give you a perspective on a type 2 civilization you can consider the United Federation of Planets from Star Trek. In comparison humanity hasn't reached even typ 1 yet. It's currently thought to be at type O.7 It will be another century or two for us to reach Type 1. you can think about it and figure out how advanced a type 1 civilization is considered to be. For us to reach type 2 it will be at least a thousand years or more of sustained technological achievement. From what Zod and Jor-El said, the Kryptonian civilization from MoS seemed to be at least type 2. they could terraform planets, establish colonies throughout different galaxies, travel an ocean of star systems in days. Like Jor-El said, their civilization flourished for a 100,000 years. Impressive. And the technology they showed was faithful to what Jor-El said. Full marks for that. But the circumstances of how the planet died is ridiculously stupid.

Taking about Asgardians, they might be even higher on the Kardashev Scale. probably Type 3. given how advanced they are. their technology seems like sorcery. But that's about the only thing that's scientifically close to being accurate about Asgard. Imagine a Civilization so advanced, they can teleport to anywhere in the galaxy instantly, has a citizen that can see 9 different planets and 10 trillion souls with his naked eyes??? Whaaat?? they live in a flat landmass?? how's that possible? why on earth would they use horses? why would somebody from Asgard decide to fly clinging on to a hammer? how's that even possible? why would they use swords? even Iron man's electromechanical armour, antman's Pym particles etc seem more advanced than what Asgard has to offer. I can't imagine what energy source they possibly use. Asgard is either downright ridiculous or they are very advanced, to the point they have uploaded themselves digitally onto some super advanced computer and what we see of them are engineered bodies and surroundings just to interact with us puny mortals. In short Asgard is unexplainable. I'll leave that to others.

that

#42 Posted by TheGrat1 (578 posts) - - Show Bio

@samhmd1 said:

The folks who couldn't even save their Homeworld from a natural disaster vs people who could teleport anywhere in 9 different Galaxies. Hmmm....

It was not natural, they caused their own planet to implode.

The 9 realms are planets, all presumably in the same galaxy. Besides, the kryptonians could teleport anywhere they wanted too...

#43 Posted by samhmd1 (744 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGrat1 said:
@samhmd1 said:

The 9 realms are planets, all presumably in the same galaxy. Besides, the kryptonians could teleport anywhere they wanted too...

The 9 Realms are 9 worlds in 9 different Galaxies. The Bifrost can teleport them anywhere in those 9 Galaxies and maybe beyond. And they still couldn't stop the destruction of one world compared to the Asgardians tech. The Kryptonians couldn't teleport anywhere either.

#44 Posted by MAZAHS117 (13102 posts) - - Show Bio

Asgard

#45 Posted by Nucleon (3667 posts) - - Show Bio

Define "advanced".

If "advanced" means more technologies, more changes, than Krypton was more advanced.

If by "advanced" one means a society wich can be static on the tech side (Asgard works pretty much like it did 10000 years ago), yet more complete and synergetically harmonious, then it's Asgard.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#46 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (12149 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by Mrnoital (8218 posts) - - Show Bio

@samhmd1 said:
@TheGrat1 said:
@samhmd1 said:

The 9 Realms are 9 worlds in 9 different Galaxies. The Bifrost can teleport them anywhere in those 9 Galaxies and maybe beyond. And they still couldn't stop the destruction of one world compared to the Asgardians tech. The Kryptonians couldn't teleport anywhere either.

different solar systems, not galaxies, Asgardians definitely only conquered 9 planets within the same galaxy, why would they only conquer 1 planet per galaxy?

and Zod and his crew used the phantom zone engine to teleport, that's how they travelled

#48 Posted by Heatforce (6546 posts) - - Show Bio

Kryptonians. They are expansionists and their tech appears on par with Asgardians.

#49 Posted by samhmd1 (744 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnoital said:
@samhmd1 said:
@TheGrat1 said:
@samhmd1 said:

different solar systems, not galaxies, Asgardians definitely only conquered 9 planets within the same galaxy, why would they only conquer 1 planet per galaxy?

and Zod and his crew used the phantom zone engine to teleport, that's how they travelled

No, 9 Galaxies. The Dark World display of them shows it clearly.

They said they used the Phantom Zone machine to rig a warp drive, normal FTL travel.

#50 Posted by Mrnoital (8218 posts) - - Show Bio

@samhmd1 said:
@mrnoital said:
@samhmd1 said:
@TheGrat1 said:
@samhmd1 said:

No, 9 Galaxies. The Dark World display of them shows it clearly.

They said they used the Phantom Zone machine to rig a warp drive, normal FTL travel.

yeah, no

Loading Video...

care to show the video of them explaining 9 galaxies?