Who's powers would you rather have in real life, Superman's or Thor's?

ssj3gohan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By ssj3gohan007

Poll: Who's powers would you rather have in real life, Superman's or Thor's? (270 votes)

Superman 67%
Thor 32%
Undecided (If you would like both and can't decide which one) 5%

If you could wish for either Superman's or Thor's powers in real life, what would your first choice be?

Please give your reasoning for your choice.

• 
Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

So Superman doesn't get the descendants or Lois or any part of his lore but Thor gets an army of gods and his full lore...

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj3gohan007 Just to clarify what comes with Superman's package or Thor's to make a more decent conversation.

ssj3gohan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Superman doesn't get the descendants or Lois or any part of his lore but Thor gets an army of gods and his full lore...

Because it wouldn't make any sense, since your not actually Superman. You just have all of his powers and physiology and all that. You can make your own descendants the same way that Superman did, the legitimate way. Lois doesn't exist here because it's the real world. You might be able to able to find someone that's similar to Lois but it won't be the exact same person. The only reason that Thor gets Asgard because it actually exists. I didn't just magically pop it into existence for the fun of it, It already was there. Regardless of what I say or do, Asgard is always going to be there, it was there before any of us were even born. Before our parents and grandparents were born, and so on. It's just a coincidence that it may seem unfair to you. I can't control it, since I didn't create Asgard in the first place. I am just trying to be realistic here. Realistically, Thor has Asgard because its real and Lois doesn't exist in the real world. Unless you want to change the rules just for the sake of 'Balance' which Superman doesn't even need considering how most people are voting for him anyway. Thor is the underdog here, if anything, because so few seem to vote for him, which is kind of shame because Thor is a pretty cool guy with some pretty cool abilities. Being a God and a King beats being an alien. Who was initially no different then any other Kryptonian, power wise.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By Squalleon

@squalleon said:

Because it wouldn't make any sense, since your not actually Superman. You just have all of his powers and physiology and all that. You can make your own descendants the same way that Superman did, the legitimate way. Lois doesn't exist here because it's the real world. You might be able to able to find someone that's similar to Lois but it won't be the exact same person. The only reason that Thor gets Asgard because it actually exists. I didn't just magically pop it into existence for the fun of it, It already was there. Regardless of what I say or do, Asgard is always going to be there, it was there before any of us were even born. Before our parents and grandparents were born, and so on. It's just a coincidence that it may seem unfair to you. I can't control it, since I didn't create Asgard in the first place. I am just trying to be realistic here. Realistically, Thor has Asgard because its real and Lois doesn't exist in the real world. Unless you want to change the rules just for the sake of 'Balance' which Superman doesn't even need considering how most people are voting for him anyway. Thor is the underdog here, if anything, because so few seem to vote for him, which is kind of shame because Thor is a pretty cool guy with some pretty cool abilities. Being a God and a King beats being an alien. Who was initially no different then any other Kryptonian, power wise.

0_o Ahh I don't know how to answer to that.
Your preference is clear you don't give Thor an advantage because he is the underdog you give it to him because you like him more.
Anyway allow me to leave this conversation because I don't think I can provide any more arguments since you will twist and bend the rules until Thor gets an advantage big enough to pull in votes and I want to leave it in a civil way.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Superman's powers.

ssj3gohan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By ssj3gohan007

@squalleon said:

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@squalleon said:

Your preference is clearAnyway allow me to leave this conversation because I don't think I can provide any more arguments since you will twist and bend the rules until Thor gets an advantage big enough to pull in votes and I want to leave it in a civil way

you don't give Thor an advantage because he is the underdog you give it to him because you like him more.

That's not entirely true, I like both of them. If Superman was losing, I would be defending supes. I am just saying that Asgard is as real as Mount Everest or the White House or the Sahara Desert or you. You make me feel as if I'm cheating or something but that's not true. I am using logic and common sense to explain how it works. I can no more affect Asgard's existence then I can affect the history of our world. I can no more remove Asgard from this debate then I can remove the front door to the White House. It's not my fault that Lois is a fictional character. So don't blame the messenger.

If I am not being crystal clear, Thor is not a fictional character. His story and legend predate any comic book. He was actually worshipped by real people.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By Squalleon

@squalleon said:

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@squalleon said:

Your preference is clearAnyway allow me to leave this conversation because I don't think I can provide any more arguments since you will twist and bend the rules until Thor gets an advantage big enough to pull in votes and I want to leave it in a civil way

you don't give Thor an advantage because he is the underdog you give it to him because you like him more.

That's not entirely true, I like both of them. If Superman was losing, I would be defending supes. I am just saying that Asgard is as real as Mount Everest or the White House or the Sahara Desert or you. You make me feel as if I'm cheating or something but that's not true. I am using logic and common sense to explain how it works. I can no more affect Asgard's existence then I can affect the history of our world. I can no more remove Asgard from this debate then I can remove the front door to the White House. It's not my fault that Lois is a fictional character. So don't blame the messenger.

BUT ASGARD ISN'T REAL. It isn't like mount everest it isn't like sahara! Asgard doesn't exist in the map IT IS as fictional as Lois Lane, the only difference is that Asgard was first created 2000 years ago instead of 75.
You aren't the messenger, you are judge, jury and executioner! You created this thread, you made the rules and change it to fit your critiria whenever you want.

ssj3gohan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@squalleon said:

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@squalleon said:

BUT ASGARD ISN'T REAL. It isn't like mount everest it isn't like sahara! Asgard doesn't exist in the map IT IS as fictional as Lois Lane, the only difference is that Asgard was first created 2000 years ago instead of 75.

You aren't the messenger, you are judge, jury and executioner! You created this thread, you made the rules and change it to fit your critiria whenever you want.

If that is the impression you got, it wasn't my intention.

It is my personal belief that Asgard is real. And it becomes a religious debate more than anything. You can't prove that Thor isn't real any more then you can prove the God's people believe in are real or not. You either believe or you don't. You believe it's fiction, I believe it actually happened. There's always truth behind myth, there's always truth that myth is based on. Perhaps some feats were exaggerated a bit, but it wasn't made up from scratch for the fun of it. The Romans and the Greeks believed and worshipped in the same Gods under a different name. It wasn't some ancient comic book, the people of old believe their deities to be real and that is what makes them real.

ssj3gohan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By ssj3gohan007

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@squalleon said:

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@squalleon said:

I have talked to many friends, acquaintances, and philosophers about this. The Gods of old could very well have been aliens that could have been worshipped as Gods. Because you know as well as I do that advanced technology can be mistaken for magic. This is one theory that could explain what happened all those years ago.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj3gohan007: I am sorry, I am truly sorry, I thought we had a serious debate... I didn't think I aswered to a troll
I will stop replying here since this conversation became rediculous. Good night :-)

ssj3gohan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj3gohan007: I am sorry, I am truly sorry, I thought we had a serious debate... I didn't think I aswered to a troll

I will stop replying here since this conversation became rediculous. Good night :-)

We were having a serious debate... I am being serious here! If you don't believe in Gods and Aliens, that's your problem but please don't insult me by calling me a troll. :(

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Exactly what advantage does Superman's powers have over Thor's? Be honest now. Thor actually fought at FTL speeds when fighting Gorr, so speed can't be it...

Also, do not say that Gods and Aliens aren't real like it is a fact, because Albert Einstein and Morgan Freeman disagree with you, and you're just asking to get flamed.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman doesn't have lore that dictates the existence of Asgard. As long as you have the power of Thor, Asgard exists, whether you believe in gods or or not.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Superman.

Honestly.... Thor's immortal.

Being immortal would be pretty nice.

Yawn. Zzzz.

ssj3gohan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

Superman.

@boringperson said:

Yawn. Zzzz.

What's so boring about being immortal?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3 said:

@squalleon: Exactly what advantage does Superman's powers have over Thor's? Be honest now. Thor actually fought at FTL speeds when fighting Gorr, so speed can't be it...

Also, do not say that Gods and Aliens aren't real like it is a fact, because Albert Einstein and Morgan Freeman disagree with you, and you're just asking to get flamed.

Everything Thor has and a little more to be honest. And since I can choose what Superman I like SA Superman is the epitome of power so don't go there.

And what am I supposed to believe in the existense of a fairy-tale because Albert Einstein believed in a different tale. I have to say I believe in a higher power but Asgard isn't it. I don't think I am gonna be flamed any logical human being will see how far you are willing to go to give a cheap win to a fictional character.

ssj3gohan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By ssj3gohan007

@squalleon said:

@xlr87t3 said:

Everything Thor has and a little more to be honest. And since I can choose what Superman I like SA Superman is the epitome of power so don't go there.

And what am I supposed to believe in the existense of a fairy-tale because Albert Einstein believed in a different tale. I have to say I believe in a higher power but Asgard isn't it. I don't think I am gonna be flamed any logical human being will see how far you are willing to go to give a cheap win to a fictional character.

Thor is not fictional. He is as real as you or me. Just because you have never seen him with your two eyes doesn't make someone fictional, by your logic the air around us is fictional. You can't prove that aliens don't exist with such a vast and infinite universe as our own, there is bound to be life out there somewhere. To assume that were the center of the universe and the only planet in the cosmos with any sort of life on it is total nonsense and close-minded thinking. Science and probability points to the possibility that there must be life our there somewhere. If you don't believe, that's your 'opinion' don't start acting as if it was a 'fact' because there is plenty of people who would disagree with you. For all you know, one of us could be an alien, secretly posing as a human and be offended by what your saying. :(

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By RustyRoy

@squalleon said:

Thor is not fictional. He is as real as you or me. Just because you have never seen him with your two eyes doesn't make someone fictional, by your logic the air around us is fictional. You can't prove that aliens don't exist with such a vast and infinite universe as our own, there is bound to be life out there somewhere. To assume that were the center of the universe and the only planet in the cosmos with any sort of life on it is total nonsense and close-minded thinking. Science and probability points to the possibility that there must be life our there somewhere. If you don't believe, that's your 'opinion' don't start acting as if it was a 'fact' because there is plenty of people who would disagree with you. For all you know, one of us could be an alien, secretly posing as a human and be offended by what your saying. :(

Superman is real. I've seen him.

ssj3gohan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@squalleon said:

Wow, that is pretty cool! I hope I might see him too someday! Perhaps get his autograph, if its possible. :D

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By EnigmaLantern

Thor, simply because he's got Jane Foster aka Natalie Portman and I wouldn't mind having her in the slightest.

In other words, I really wouldn't mind whether I got Supes' or Thor's power.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@squalleon said:

Wow, that is pretty cool! I hope I might see him too someday! Perhaps get his autograph, if its possible. :D

You can! All you have to do is jump of a tall building :P

But seriously though the poll already suggest that almost 70% of the voters want to be Superman.

ssj3gohan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@rustyroy said:

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@squalleon said:

You can! All you have to do is jump of a tall building :P

But seriously though the poll already suggest that almost 70% of the voters want to be Superman.

Good thing you stopped me! I was getting a little nervous about having to jump from such a high building. If Superman didn't show up to save me, I might end up hurt anyone passing by at the time of the fall. I certainly wouldn't want that on my conscious. They might sue me or something, or their relatives would if they don't make it.

Yeah but choosing Supes at that point would be like following the crowd, do what everyone else is doing, hop on the bandwagon, etc.

If I want to be different, unique, special, and an independent thinker, I have to pick Thor.

MFrenzy11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THOR, how cool would it be to strike some 1 done with godly lightning (not saying I'd do that tho)

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aquaman01: Nope.I want real challenge :).And challenge is when you can loose in such fight.

ssj3gohan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mfrenzy11 said:

THOR, how cool would it be to strike some 1 done with godly lightning (not saying I'd do that tho)

Very cool! What would you do with the powers? Be a hero or a villain?

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@squalleon: I just want to compare powersets as well.

For the record, you're right, Thor isn't immortal, he periodically consumes something called the Golden Apples of Idunn(with Idunn being the Asgardian goddess of immortality) to keep himself the same age.

As long as he consumes them, he stays the same age, so in a sense, he is immortal.

@ssj3gohan007: Yeah I definetely want Thor's world the endless cycle of death and rebirth again and again and again

Thor already broke the cycle of Ragnarok. He had the Odin Force when he did, gained the powers of the Runes, and went into hibernation after the cycle ended(once he came out of hibernation he lost the powers of the Runes).

Depends, Superman is semi-immortal (in most versions), in JLA: one million, he revived Krypton and Lois Lane to live together foverer. Superman One million is stronger than Odin or Thor he created a universe and revived a planet from a single cell.

When Thor possessed the Odin Force, he became more powerful than his father(who had created an entire galaxy), Thor also revived Asgard(and all of its inhabitants).

Plus, after a certain point, why does there strength difference matter? It wouldn't matter unless they're fighting each other. If Thor fights someone with comparable strength(say from his universe, like the Hulk), it wouldn't matter since his hammer's abilities would negate him having to brawl-my point is Superman being stronger than Thor is mitigated when Thor has 20+ other powers.

Warping reality>punching stuff and running fast

Plus, Superman had to bathe in the Sun for over 1,000 years, I don't have to wait 1,000+ years to warp reality, I can do it as soon as I get the Odin Force.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

Superman, his cool breath would make all my drinks cool and refreshing!

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman, his powers seem more useful

ssj3gohan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxxddd said:

@squalleon: I just want to compare powersets as well.

For the record, you're right, Thor isn't immortal, he periodically consumes something called the Golden Apples of Idunn(with Idunn being the Asgardian goddess of immortality) to keep himself the same age.

As long as he consumes them, he stays the same age, so in a sense, he is immortal.

@squalleon said:

@ssj3gohan007: Yeah I definetely want Thor's world the endless cycle of death and rebirth again and again and again

Thor already broke the cycle of Ragnarok. He had the Odin Force when he did, gained the powers of the Runes, and went into hibernation after the cycle ended(once he came out of hibernation he lost the powers of the Runes).

@squalleon said:

Depends, Superman is semi-immortal (in most versions), in JLA: one million, he revived Krypton and Lois Lane to live together foverer. Superman One million is stronger than Odin or Thor he created a universe and revived a planet from a single cell.

When Thor possessed the Odin Force, he became more powerful than his father(who had created an entire galaxy), Thor also revived Asgard(and all of its inhabitants).

Plus, after a certain point, why does there strength difference matter? It wouldn't matter unless they're fighting each other. If Thor fights someone with comparable strength(say from his universe, like the Hulk), it wouldn't matter since his hammer's abilities would negate him having to brawl-my point is Superman being stronger than Thor is mitigated when Thor has 20+ other powers.

Warping reality>punching stuff and running fast

Plus, Superman had to bathe in the Sun for over 1,000 years, I don't have to wait 1,000+ years to warp reality, I can do it as soon as I get the Odin Force.

Exactly!

Even if Superman did have more strength and speed, what difference would it make in this scenario? As Thor you will have all strength and speed that your ever going to need in the real world and plus dozens of other powers to entertain yourself with. As Thor you won't have any weaknesses and you don't have to rely on the Sun in order to keep having powers.

ssj3gohan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stefano said:

Superman, his powers seem more useful

More useful then being able to time travel, teleport to anywhere in the universe or multiverse, even to different dimensions, manipulate reality, being pretty much Omnipotent. I get the feeling that the only reason people think it's more useful is because of X-Ray vision, but... a person would have to be really not very smart to choose that over the ability to manipulate reality because then you can make anything that you want happen, your imagination becomes reality. Your basically God.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

Superman.

@boringperson said:

Yawn. Zzzz.

I was making of fun of the users UN.

ssj3gohan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By ssj3gohan007

@farkam said:

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@farkam said:

Superman.

@boringperson said:

Yawn. Zzzz.

I was making of fun of the users UN.

oh lol! I see what you mean! xD

Avatar image for xxedward_kenwayxx
XxEdward_KenwayXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj3gohan007: that takes millions of years. Plus who in there right mind would want to live forever? I'd rather have Supermans powers and die eventually. That superspeed would really useful.

ssj3gohan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj3gohan007: that takes millions of years. Plus who in there right mind would want to live forever? I'd rather have Supermans powers and die eventually. That superspeed would really useful.

All you'd have to do to stop living forever is to stop eating the Idunn Apples, which are prolonging your life. So you can die when you want to. Doesn't Thor have superspeed too? In some comics he is FTL. So that should be plenty for anything that you need in the real world.

Avatar image for xxedward_kenwayxx
XxEdward_KenwayXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj3gohan007: that's just his flight speed. I wanna run fast too

ssj3gohan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj3gohan007: that's just his flight speed. I wanna run fast too

I am not referring only to his flight speed. He actually had has reacted to and swung his hammer FTL in some comics.

Jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By Jeepeh

said:

You think Asgard is real? o_O

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By Gracetrack

I'd love to be able to wield an awesome hammer like Thor's. Apart from that, I'd rather have Superman's powers any day.

Heat vision, cold breath, super breath, x-ray vision, super senses, super intellect, sun dipping... yeah, Supes' powers just seem more fun to me than Thor's.

ssj3gohan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh said:

@ssj3gohan007 said:

said:

Of course it its! Ask the vikings and the Norse.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Thor's.

ssj3gohan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love to be able to wield an awesome hammer like Thor's. Apart from that, I'd rather have Superman's powers any day.

Heat vision, cold breath, x-ray vision, super senses, sun dipping... yeah, Thor's powers really aren't as fun to me as Supes'.

Not as fun? um Time Travel anyone? Instant teleportation to anywhere in the Multiverse, and across different dimensions. Not to mention manipulating and warping reality. Being Omnipotent and making all your wishes and desires reality with a thought.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By Gracetrack

@ssj3gohan007: Well, I was thinking we were talking about the traditional power sets of these two characters. Last I checked, omnipotence wasn't one of Thor's traditional powers.

Did Thor acquire the ability to teleport to anywhere in the multiverse as one of his standard powers?

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman (this is coming from a Thor fan)

They have a lot of overlap in powers, so let's just look where they are different:

• Superman is faster
  • Better senses (very functional imo)
  • No need to carry large hammer around to access many powers.
  • Can amp up whenever I felt like (sun dip).

I agree. Nice point about Thor's hammer too.

Jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By Jeepeh

@jeepeh said:

@ssj3gohan007 said:

said:

Of course it its! Ask the vikings and the Norse.

I'm asking you. Some people believe the Earth is flat still.

ssj3gohan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By ssj3gohan007

@omnicrono said:

@ssj3gohan007: Well, I was thinking we were talking about the traditional power sets of these two characters. Last I checked, omnipotence wasn't one of Thor's traditional powers.

Did Thor acquire the ability to teleport to anywhere in the multiverse as one of his standard powers?

It's not traditional power-set, It's Rune King Thor with the Odin Force. Asgard and all of its armies, in fact all the 9 realms come with the package.

ssj3gohan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar said:

Superman (this is coming from a Thor fan)

They have a lot of overlap in powers, so let's just look where they are different:

• Superman is faster
  • Better senses (very functional imo)
  • No need to carry large hammer around to access many powers.
  • Can amp up whenever I felt like (sun dip).

I agree. Nice point about Thor's hammer too.

It's also wrong.

Aside from the powers that they both have:

Thor has:

• Earth Control
  • Energy Manipulation
  • Weather Manipulation
  • The ability to remove memories
  • The ability to communicate with anyone, regardless of their language(the All-Tongue)
  • Innate Magic
  • The God Blast

Via Mjolnir, he also has:

• Gravity Manipulation
  • Matter Manipulation
  • EM-Energy Manipulation
  • Energy Projection(thermal blasts, and anti-force)
  • Energy Sensing
  • Energy Absorption and Redirection
  • Trans-Dimensional Teleportation
  • Force Fields
  • Resurrection(the ability to resurrect people)
  • Invisibility
  • Intangibility
  • The ability to negate magic
  • Trans-Dimensional Telepathic Communication

With OdinForce and Runes, he also has:

• Time Manipulation
  • Reality Warping
  • Rune Magic

Thor with the Odin Force and the Runes is Omnipresent, Omnipotent, can bend reality to his will, and effortlessly destroy Captain America's Vibranium/Adamantium Shield. He is stronger than Superman.

rabshazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor . Because he's the God of thunder . And hes got da hammer . Prince .and So on