Who's powers would you rather have in real life, Superman's or Thor's?

ssj3gohan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By ssj3gohan007

Poll: Who's powers would you rather have in real life, Superman's or Thor's? (270 votes)

Superman 67%
Thor 32%
Undecided (If you would like both and can't decide which one) 5%

If you could wish for either Superman's or Thor's powers in real life, what would your first choice be?

Please give your reasoning for your choice.

• 
xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

ssj3gohan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By ssj3gohan007

@xxxddd said:

@ssj3gohan007:

Which do you go with and why?

In the past I would've gone with Superman because he does have a lot of useful abilities. But after carefully looking at all the abilities that Thor and Mjolnir possesses/is capable of, there is a lot more that Thor could do that Superman cannot in this instance. Superman has a very limited amount of long range attacks: Heat-vision, using his super breath/ice-breath, thats about it. While Thor has tons of abilities and options that don't require close-quarters. There are downsides to having such powerful senses too such as Super Hearing: 1. Loud Noises will be painful and uncomfortable, You will be constantly hearing everything, including cries for help 24/7, smelling things you don't want to smell with severely magnified ability. Your X-Ray vision would show you your own bones and muscles as well as other people's. As shown in some comics, some of the Kryptonians did not have an easy time adjusting to this sudden change, at least not at first. You could learn to control most of that eventually, but until you do it will be a challenge. Then there's the whole everyone crying for help thing, which can take a toll. You will find it be difficult to help everyone on the planet at the same time and it will be time-consuming. But ignoring their pleas and having to hear their suffering and torment is also not easy. You'd also be the only person with Superpowers, so you wouldn't have any meta humans or aliens to fight (then again you never know, aliens are out there somewhere), only normal criminals. Nor could you share your superpowers with someone if you wanted to. There might have been a way by giving someone a blood transfusion or something, but since Kryptonite doesn't exist, you can't take your own blood samples or dna extractions or anything. Then there's the fact that you'll far outlive all your loved ones, and your extra long life might drive you insane. There are a lot more down sides that I can think of but I've made this long enough for now. Despite the down sides, I would still choose Superman's powers over not having any powers at all as most people probably would, with the few exceptions. The options for someone with Superman's powers is to 1)Save People & Fight Criminals - Path of the Hero 2)Attempt to live a normal life 3)Become a criminal 4) Take over the world

Now let's look at Thor for a moment. Between himself and Mjolnir, he has a seemingly endless list of powers that you would have access to. You can choose to help mankind and make life a better place or live your life in the lap of comfort and luxury as a God and a Prince. Or you could take the path of a warrior and fight various foes from across all 9 realms to your heart's content. You have all the same choices as Superman's plus several extra ones that a person with Supes' powers does not. Superman is not a God, he does not have magic, nor is he a prince of a great kingdom. Then there's also the fact that as Thor, you would eventually become King of Asgard. You won't have to worry about a long life span driving you crazy or outliving your loved ones, as your fellow Asgardians will also live a long time. And you can give other people superpowers! You can grant your partner, whoever they may be superpowers and a long life span similar to yours, so you won't ever have to worry about losing those closest to you. I could list a ton more compelling arguments but I think this should do for now. If not, let me know and I will add more reasons. Did I forget to mention that you can time travel! That alone opens up way more doors then Superman's path. You got to admit that summoning and controlling lightning whenever you feel like it, is pretty epic. You could stop all kinds of Natural Disasters.

If it's not clear, I choose Thor 6/10.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj3gohan007: If people actually looks at all the craploads of abilities Thor possesses, they would choose him without question. Unless they're Superman cultists. With the power of Thor, you won't need to fly super fast to go literally wherever you so desires. You can travel to other universes and dimensions, see the world in ways beyond your greatest imagination. Superman can't even CONCIEVE the power that Thor wields!!!!

ssj3gohan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3 said:

@ssj3gohan007: If people actually looks at all the craploads of abilities Thor possesses, they would choose him without question. Unless they're Superman cultists. With the power of Thor, you won't need to fly super fast to go literally wherever you so desires. You can travel to other universes and dimensions, see the world in ways beyond your greatest imagination. Superman can't even CONCIEVE the power that Thor wields!!!!

Exactly, my friend. With all of these powers, Thor can compete with Supes and even defeat him in certain circumstances. The common arguments against him is the Reliance of Mjolnir, when your capable of amazing Godly feats without even having to resort to its GREAT power. Or having to drag Mjolnir with you all day, as if you have no choice but to carry it in your hands the whole time!!! Look at his powerset, you don't have to carry it if you really don't want to, just clip it onto your belt or shapeshift it into whatever you think would be more convenient. Like a Pen, you can keep in your pocket or something.

Jokerpoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#158  Edited By Jokerpoker

Superman is faster, and I don't really like hammers for some reason.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jokerpoker: Do you like axes? Pens? Mjolnir can change its shape.

Jokerpoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

@xlr87t3: oh lol I didn't know that. I could turn it into my favorite comic book :)

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd rather have Superman's powers, but Thor's would probably be a lot more beneficial for the rest of mankind. You'd be able to make it rain and grow crops in places where food and water are scarce, but his powerset isn't as diverse as Superman's.

Wait...

In which universe, is Superman's power-set more diverse than Thor's?

Aside from the powers that they both have:

Superman has:

• Heat Vision
  • Optic Powers(EM vision, Microscopic Vision, X-ray vision, Telescopic Vision, etc.)
  • The ability to increase his power by constantly absorbing Solar energy

That's it.

Thor has:

• Earth Control
  • Energy Manipulation
  • Weather Manipulation
  • The ability to remove memories
  • The ability to communicate with anyone, regardless of their language(the All-Tongue)
  • Innate Magic
  • The God Blast

Via Mjolnir, he also has:

• Gravity Manipulation
  • Matter Manipulation
  • EM-Energy Manipulation
  • Energy Projection(thermal blasts, and anti-force)
  • Energy Sensing
  • Energy Absorption and Redirection
  • Trans-Dimensional Teleportation
  • Force Fields
  • Resurrection(the ability to resurrect people)
  • Invisibility
  • Intangibility
  • The ability to negate magic
  • Trans-Dimensional Telepathic Communication

With OdinForce and Runes, he also has:

• Time Manipulation
  • Reality Warping
  • Rune Magic

Now, do you have knowledge of a bunch of different powers that Superman has, that I don't know about?

I consider myself pretty well-versed in Superman, but I'll be the first to admit that my knowledge(and memory) is not perfect, so there might be a few powers I either don't know about, or have forgotten.

It would have to be a pretty considerable amount of powers, with a wide variety, for him to have a "more diverse powerset" than Thor.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman.

I'd have so much fun.

• Flying without the need to swing a Mjolnir around like a baby riding a tricycle.
  • A ton of different visions.
  • Invulnerability -- Stuff flying out into space, I want to explore the depths of the ocean.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman. For three reasons.

A. Flying and Super speed would be awesome.

B. X-Ray vision through shirts. Yay boobies!

C. When I eat a "York Peppermint patty" I can blow out my freeze breath and be all like "Whoa. I got the sensation."

bob808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#164  Edited By bob808

Superman

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120 said:

B. X-Ray vision through shirts. Yay boobies!

Well, you get a lot of women if you're a viking lord of thunder...

other points are irrelevant. :p

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1:

Who Superman f#cks- Lois Lane AKA Amy Adams

Who Thor f#cks- Helga, the 400lb opera singing Viking.

Do the math.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ssj3gohan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120 said:

@princearagorn1:

Do the math.

Uh that's completely wrong.

This is who he gets:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Thor has access to a lot more hot women than Superman can, being restricted to the real world and that alone.

He has an army of Hot beauties in Asgard.

Helga!? What nonsense is this, you clearly have never read or watched Thor in your life, using silly stereotypes to demean Thor.

Avatar image for black_lantern_mar_vell
Black Lantern Mar-vell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Superman's powers & I'd just carry around a sledge hammer & smack things with it for the hell of it while yelling beware mjolnir! lol

ssj3gohan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman's powers & I'd just carry around a sledge hammer & smack things with it for the hell of it while yelling beware mjolnir! lol

ROFL that is funny!

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman's powers are more useful but man I want Mjolnir so much.

ssj3gohan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

How are they more useful? Thor got 20x more powers.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

Does he have super speed? I know he can fly super fast. But can he do everyday work at Super speed? Superman has X-ray vision, heat vision, cold breath and plenty of other powers.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj3gohan007: I can also fly without the need of Mjolnir. As I said Mjolnir makes it even for me. If you exclude the hammer then I'll pick Superman.

ssj3gohan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By ssj3gohan007

@rustyroy said:

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@rustyroy said:

Does he have super speed? I know he can fly super fast. But can he do everyday work at Super speed? Superman has X-ray vision, heat vision, cold breath and plenty of other powers.

Yes, he does have super speed.

Well lets see, in addition to having most of superman's powers.

Thor has:

• Earth Control
  • Energy Manipulation
  • Weather Manipulation
  • The ability to remove memories
  • The ability to communicate with anyone, regardless of their language(the All-Tongue)
  • Innate Magic
  • The God Blast

Via Mjolnir, he also has:

• Gravity Manipulation
  • Matter Manipulation
  • EM-Energy Manipulation
  • Energy Projection(thermal blasts, and anti-force)
  • Energy Sensing
  • Energy Absorption and Redirection
  • Trans-Dimensional Teleportation
  • Force Fields
  • Resurrection(the ability to resurrect people)
  • Invisibility
  • Intangibility
  • The ability to negate magic
  • Trans-Dimensional Telepathic Communication

With OdinForce and Runes, he also has:

• Time Manipulation
  • Reality Warping
  • Rune Magic

Plus there's also the fact that You'll be the Prince of Asgard and eventually King. You can teleport to each of the 9 realms at will. You get to hang with Odin as his heir/successor. You get to live longer than Superman. Your loved ones won't die!

Superman has access to 1 world - Earth in the real world, that's it.

Again, I state because I needs to be understood: Your loved ones won't EVER die if you choose Thor. Thor can grant others superpowers, extend their life, resurrect people from the dead, time travel. Superman can do none of these things.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj3gohan007: I read his comic vine profile, he can fly at super speed with Mjolnir but has no real super fast feats like doing multiple tasks at super speed, that'll be very useful for everyday work, also different types of visions could also be very useful.

Genius Level Intellect/Leadership

Superman is highly intelligent, with a natural IQ higher than humans. He's able to analyze and solve problems in top speed, due to his super speed. He has shown to be able to reprogram machines and apply science to his fighting. Superman has invented a few things from time to time and has solid knowledge on Kryptonian and Earth technology alike. He is also a fantastic journalist and writer, stated to be second best in the Daily Planet, first being Lois Lane.

Superman is also a strong leader. He serves as a symbol of hope to both superhumans and the common civilian. He sometimes uses a Kryptonian technique called "Torquasm Vo," which focuses his mental discipline in tough situations. It has sometimes been used to manipulated the minds of others. The technique of Torquasm Rao allows Superman to separate himself from his physical body, giving him the ability to fight on the astral plane and resist mental attacks.

Total Recall

Kal-El has the ability to instantly recall events that he pays specific attention to or that hold great emotional significance to him. When he has absorbed solar energy he has the ability to solve problems with superhuman speed. Kal-El has shown this ability in the New 52 and was able to read and understand every medical book in 5 minutes

Super Hearing

Kal-El has the super human ability to hear all sounds at any volume or pitch and across any distance, presumably as long as there is atmosphere to carry the sonic vibrations.

These powers are also very useful.

I don't know why are you mentioning Rune King Thor, isn't he from an alternate timeline/universe? As for Immortality its a drawback for me. Superman can live thousands of years and that's more than enough for me. Also with Superman's power I can also become King of the world. And in the OP you mention if we have there powers in real life, you never mentioned anything that we could have his friends, family or Asgard, so there would be no Asgard or Nine realms to rule. It was about whose power I would prefer in real life.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj3gohan007: Thor has the hair of Ashley Tisdale.

Superman has the hair of James Bond.

Don't try even try to tell me Thor gets more poon than my boy Clark.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Thor may be a swiss knife but Superman makes up by excelling in most areas. I won't get into debate about who is stronger, faster or most durable because many debates over years have proven Superman the absolute winner.

Now to counter Thor's energy blast Superman has his heat vision one of the most powerful powers in his arsenal, capable to hurt all heavy-hitters and can get wide enough to warm the earth. HV can reach 5000 C degrees easily.
Superman also has a super mind as opposed to Thor. Superman has been shown to read every medical book in 5 minutes and then perform sergury without the need to practice(AC vol2 #13). He has been shown to be able to improve on Batman's schematics. Also he comes from a world with more intelligent creatures so that gives him another edge.
Now I won't compare senses since Superman is the obvious winner I would like to add though that Superman senses are so versalite that writers still find ways to play on them expanding their range (ex. last year's Sonar hearing).
And finally the "X-ray vision", one of the most versalite,underrated and powerful abilities Superman has. Superman's eyes don't gather radiation, exactly the opposite his eyes emit radiation(AC vol2 #2), he has been shown to emit microwaves,X-rays,gamma rays which are only a part of his powers since he can emit the whole electromagnetic spectrum.
http://www.comicvine.com/superman/4005-1807/forums/pre-52-superman-capability-thread-696266/?page=1 <==This is a thread with Superman's feats, for more info on his powers.

@rustyroy I hope I helped :-)

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By RustyRoy
ssj3gohan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By ssj3gohan007

@rustyroy@squalleon: Superman is obviously awesome and his powers are useful but he cannot keep his loved ones alive indefinitely, Thor can. Sooner or later Superman will outlive them, he cannot make people Immortal or bring them back from the dead, Thor can. Your underestimating how important that's going to be to you, if your planning to fall in love with someone.Thor can also teleport and time travel and Superman can't. Thor with the Odin Force and Runes is Omnipotent and Omnipresent, Superman is not.If you need tasks done at work, you can manipulate reality to make all your tasks done automatically and instantaneously. Who needs to do surgery when you can do ANYTHING. You can just magic a person healthy as easily as snapping your fingers. 5000 degree heat-vision is more powerful then a blast capable of destroying a galaxy and killing Gods, Immortals, Celestials, Indestructible, Invincible, Invulnerable, Omnipotent beings with one attack, permanently. Seriously!? 5000 degrees has a snowball's chance in hell against that? A lightsaber is hotter than that.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#183  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@jonez120 said:

@princearagorn1:

Do the math.

This is who he gets:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Thor has access to a lot more hot women than Superman can, being restricted to the real world and that alone.

Helga!? What nonsense is this, you clearly have never read or watched Thor in your life, using silly stereotypes to demean Thor.

Wonder Woman>>>>>>>>>Any one Thor can bang in any of the Nine Realms, including Sif.

Amy Adams' Lois Lane>>Natalie Portman's Jane Foster, that's right, I said it.

ssj3gohan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By ssj3gohan007

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@jonez120 said:

@princearagorn1:

Do the math.

This is who he gets:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Wonder Woman>>>>>>>>>Any one Thor can bang in any of the Nine Realms, including Sif.

Amy Adams' Lois Lane>>Natalie Portman's Jane Foster, that's right, I said it.

Except Wonder Woman is with Batman.

Second of all, in the real world, you'll be hard-pressed to find Wonder Woman. However Thor gets all of his girls because he can teleport between dimensions, time and space. Thor can have a relationship with any woman in existence, past, present, and future, on any plane of existence. Superman can't compete with that. Realistically Thor has a far better shot then Superman of finding Wonder Woman and dating her because he can teleport to where she is, and Superman is stuck in the real world.

Voorhees100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I pick Superman.

Yes, travelling to different worlds would be cool..but Superman has a space ship (if I understand the thread right, we get the Fotress of Solitude and everything in it), he can easily do that, hell, he doesn't even NEED the space ship. He can just fly to other galaxies. As for travelling to different dimensions..eh, I'm not THAT adventurous.

Superman could pretty much do whatever physical powers Thor has, i.e, Strength, speed, flight, invulnerability, enhanced life span, only in almost all cases, he can do it better (though, I think Thor can live longer).

As for Thor's 'special abilities"

-Matter control

-Weather manipulation

-invisibility(?)

-God Blast.

I'm not really interested in them, When will I ever, everneed to use a God Blast in the real world? Weather manipulation is cool, as is matter control, but Superman's "special abilities" seem more...practical.

Heat Vision: I got a turkey, but can't cook it?? BOOM instantly done, I need to start a fire when I'm camping, but rubbing sticks together isn't working, BOOM firestarter.

X-Ray vision: I can see through nearly anything? Can see if a person has an injury or cancer, maybe even save them via emergency surgery before it's too late (via heat vision as a scapel) BOOM, I'm a hero.

Also has microscopic, electro-magnetic, and telescopic vision?? Plus, regular, good ol' very good normal eyesight.

I can move at super human speeds and get things done instantly (not just flying fast, i mean, processing things fast and can move to where everything around me is frozen)

I would no longer need to eat, sleep or even breathe unless I wanted to?

Thor is cool, but Superman is much more up my alley.

ssj3gohan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I pick Superman.

Yes, travelling to different worlds would be cool..but Superman has a space ship (if I understand the thread right, we get the Fotress of Solitude and everything in it), he can easily do that, hell, he doesn't even NEED the space ship. He can just fly to other galaxies. As for travelling to different dimensions..eh, I'm not THAT adventurous.

Superman could pretty much do whatever physical powers Thor has, i.e, Strength, speed, flight, invulnerability, enhanced life span, only in almost all cases, he can do it better (though, I think Thor can live longer).

As for Thor's 'special abilities"

-Matter control

-Weather manipulation

-invisibility(?)

-God Blast.

I'm not really interested in them, When will I ever, everneed to use a God Blast in the real world? Weather manipulation is cool, as is matter control, but Superman's "special abilities" seem more...practical.

Heat Vision: I got a turkey, but can't cook it?? BOOM instantly done, I need to start a fire when I'm camping, but rubbing sticks together isn't working, BOOM firestarter.

X-Ray vision: I can see through nearly anything? Can see if a person has an injury or cancer, maybe even save them via emergency surgery before it's too late (via heat vision as a scapel) BOOM, I'm a hero.

Also has microscopic, electro-magnetic, and telescopic vision?? Plus, regular, good ol' very good normal eyesight.

I can move at super human speeds and get things done instantly (not just flying fast, i mean, processing things fast and can move to where everything around me is frozen)

I would no longer need to eat, sleep or even breathe unless I wanted to?

Thor is cool, but Superman is much more up my alley.

Ok I can respect that, but what about time travel? You don't have the desire to go to any time period you wish? Change history, invest in microsoft or something, etc.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

Superman's, in some way it feels like Thor is too dependent on Mjolnir some times.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy@squalleon: Superman is obviously awesome and his powers are useful but he cannot keep his loved ones alive indefinitely, Thor can. Sooner or later Superman will outlive them, he cannot make people Immortal or bring them back from the dead, Thor can. Your underestimating how important that's going to be to you, if your planning to fall in love with someone.Thor can also teleport and time travel and Superman can't. Thor with the Odin Force and Runes is Omnipotent and Omnipresent, Superman is not.If you need tasks done at work, you can manipulate reality to make all your tasks done automatically and instantaneously. Who needs to do surgery when you can do ANYTHING. You can just magic a person healthy as easily as snapping your fingers. 5000 degree heat-vision is more powerful then a blast capable of destroying a galaxy and killing Gods, Immortals, Celestials, Indestructible, Invincible, Invulnerable, Omnipotent beings with one attack, permanently. Seriously!? 5000 degrees has a snowball's chance in hell against that? A lightsaber is hotter than that.

Depends, Superman is semi-immortal (in most versions), in JLA: one million, he revived Krypton and Lois Lane to live together foverer. Superman One million is stronger than Odin or Thor he created a universe and revived a planet from a single cell. He also is a reality wrapper. And since we are talking about Superman's and Thor's powers, talking about the Odin force and Runes isn't really fair is it? If we take it like that Superman has his kryptonian technology and depending on the version his SA powers.
No matter how you look at it Superman will be the victor.

ssj3gohan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj3gohan007 said:

Depends, Superman is semi-immortal (in most versions), in JLA: one million, he revived Krypton and Lois Lane to live together foverer. Superman One million is stronger than Odin or Thor he created a universe and revived a planet from a single cell. He also is a reality wrapper. And since we are talking about Superman's and Thor's powers, talking about the Odin force and Runes isn't really fair is it? If we take it like that Superman has his kryptonian technology and depending on the version his SA powers.

Yeah but I have to defend the underdog it just isn't fair how underappreciated he and his incredibly diverse powerset is. IIRC Superman needs to bathe in the sun for a really long time in order to get these powers, he doesn't just get them automatically. Who is honestly going to bother spending a million years inside the sun if they have these powers in the real world? It's highly impractical and most people won't do that. On to the other hand, Thor will get all of his powers much faster and easier. It's like the Dark Side vs Light Side in Star Wars and Thor is the Dark Side, his road is the quick and easy path to ultimate power. While Superman require time to absorb sunlight and charge his battery.

ssj3gohan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman's, in some way it feels like Thor is too dependent on Mjolnir some times.

Yeah well it works both ways, Superman is too reliant on the Sun. The Sun won't be around forever, Mjolnir will.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj3gohan007: He spent 100,000 years in the sun not one million. One million is the timeline.
And he can compensate with his kryptonian technology and Time machine also Thor isn't immortal. Thor just lives for a very long time, he ages. Superman can live as much as he wants. Now this is a nice debate. What do you prefer, to live as much as you want with your loved ones or revive your loved ones to live as much as you can?

Also Superman can revive planets and change reality to a significant degree.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj3gohan007: True. Didn't think of that.

There are other Stars too.

@squalleon said:

Yeah but I have to defend the underdog it just isn't fair how underappreciated he and his incredibly diverse powerset is. IIRC Superman needs to bathe in the sun for a really long time in order to get these powers, he doesn't just get them automatically. Who is honestly going to bother spending a million years inside the sun if they have these powers in the real world? It's highly impractical and most people won't do that. On to the other hand, Thor will get all of his powers much faster and easier. It's like the Dark Side vs Light Side in Star Wars and Thor is the Dark Side, his road is the quick and easy path to ultimate power. While Superman require time to absorb sunlight and charge his battery.

What about SA Superman? I've heard h was one of the most powerful versions of Superman and he didn't spend thousand of years inside a sun.

ssj3gohan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj3gohan007: He spent 100,000 years in the sun not one million. One million is the timeline.

And he can compensate with his kryptonian technology and Time machine also Thor isn't immortal. Thor just lives for a very long time, he ages. Superman can live as much as he wants. Now this is a nice debate. What do you prefer, to live as much as you want with your loved ones or revive your loved ones to live as much as you can?

Also Superman can revive planets and change reality to a significant degree.

Thanks for correcting me but in terms of practicality that doesn't change anything and my point remains. Ok so Supes can use Kryptonian technology but so can just as easily, if not far easier, Thor can use Asgardian technology to level the playing field. Keep in mind, Thor has an army of Gods under his command, Superman doesn't have any superpowered friends or allies because in the real world, he would be the only one with powers.

I know Thor can't live forever but he can live for a long time. However Superman can only live as the sun still stands. Sun's don't last forever. Or did you not know that? Once there is no yellow sun, he will be powerless. So his life span cannot possibly exceed that of the yellow sun. Superman can't extend his loved one's beyond their natural limits only Thor can do that. Superman will not naturally have those kinds of powers that you mention without GOING OUT OF HIS WAY to live in the sun for 100,000 years! While it is physically possible to do this, its not realistic that anyone is actually going to do this. You can't exactly live your life and be with your loved ones if your living in the sun the whole time and then some. 90-99% of people will be satisfied with the powers they get naturally and will not go out of their way to increase it if its not necessary for what they desire.Even if they desire it, very few will have that kind of patience and not go insane from doing this. I am being honest with myself when I say, I doubt I will be that patient. Will you?

To me living and dying naturally with your loved one by your side after 5000 years of a happy life or a billion years(however long Thor can live for), is much more preferable then living with your loved for 100 years or less(probably much less), Watching them age and die, while you don't. Then continue outliving them for centuries or millennia or until the yellow sun dies. Basically being forced to either live the rest of your life alone or find new loved ones and this process will continue over and over until you finally die.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#195  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Superman.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for correcting me but in terms of practicality that doesn't change anything and my point remains. Ok so Supes can use Kryptonian technology but so can just as easily, if not far easier, Thor can use Asgardian technology to level the playing field. Keep in mind, Thor has an army of Gods under his command, Superman doesn't have any superpowered friends or allies because in the real world, he would be the only one with powers.

I know Thor can't live forever but he can live for a long time. However Superman can only live as the sun still stands. Sun's don't last forever. Or did you not know that? Once there is no yellow sun, he will be powerless. So his life span cannot possibly exceed that of the yellow sun. Superman can't extend his loved one's beyond their natural limits only Thor can do that. Superman will not naturally have those kinds of powers that you mention without GOING OUT OF HIS WAY

I Thought we were comparing powers not lore or enviroment...
I thought this is a thread about whose powers you want not a thread about how much Superman rocks or how strong is Thor's army?

ssj3gohan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@themanintheshoe said:

@ssj3gohan007: True. Didn't think of that.

There are other Stars too.

@ssj3gohan007 said:

@squalleon said:

What about SA Superman? I've heard h was one of the most powerful versions of Superman and he didn't spend thousand of years inside a sun.

True, there are other stars, I kind of forgot about that. But heres the thing though. Will there necessarily be life on those planets? Will you be able to fit in and live there comfortably? Will you be able to get along with the aliens? Are the aliens hostile? Are the aliens like the ones from the Alien(s) Series? We don't know, do we? It's not like there will be another Earth conveniently places under another yellow star. With Thor, if the world goes to hell, so to speak, you can always just live on Asgard. But with Supes, its a big question mark, how your life will be after the first sun dies. Maybe it will be good, maybe not. There is just no GUARANTEED paradise for supes in this situation.

About SA supes, I know what you mean. Even if you don't need to spend thousands of years, Supes had spent practically his entire life being charged by the sun. So at a bare minimum you would need a few decades of sunlight exposure, would you not?

ssj3gohan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By ssj3gohan007

@squalleon said:

@ssj3gohan007 said:

I know Thor can't live forever but he can live for a long time. However Superman can only live as the sun still stands. Sun's don't last forever. Or did you not know that? Once there is no yellow sun, he will be powerless. So his life span cannot possibly exceed that of the yellow sun. Superman can't extend his loved one's beyond their natural limits only Thor can do that. Superman will not naturally have those kinds of powers that you mention without GOING OUT OF HIS WAY

I Thought we were comparing powers not lore or enviroment...

I thought this is a thread about whose powers you want not a thread about how much Superman rocks or how strong is Thor's army?

I did mention previously on numerous occasions, but a lot of people don't like to read.

Were not comparing lore or environment, as you say. We are comparing 'Packages'. The ability to teleport to Asgard, is part of Thor's Package because he can teleport across Time, Space, and dimensions. It's one of his God-given abilities. Now this is taking place in the real world, on Earth, where the only super-powered person on the planet would, hypothetically, be you.

The reason that Thor would have access to Asgard is because he can teleport across time, space, dimensions, alternate reality, etc. It is my belief that Asgard and the Norse Gods are real. Asgard and the Norse Gods are just as real as some of the Gods people worship today, so please don't offend people by telling them their Gods aren't real. Now if you put 2 and 2 together, everything should click and you'll understand why someone with Thor's powers would naturally have more super-powered allies then Superman would.

I initially intended to remain impartial and not get involved with the debating but too many people seem to lowball Thor and his capabilities. It just isn't right, he deserves more respect than he is getting.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj3gohan007: Yeah I definetely want Thor's world the endless cycle of death and rebirth again and again and again... And I definetely don't want to be the greatest hero the world has ever seen being praised million years after my life, and NO I MEAN NO WAY I would like to find my soul-mate at a young age and fell in love with her and live together.

Sorry for being sarcastic but that only makes it easier for me to decide Superman. As for interdimensional travel Superman can do that through technology. Anyway I really think Superman is a better package, the fame and the immortality the NAME has only is enough for me, not to mention the endless line of descendants that would follow my example and the power and fame my family tree will have.

ssj3gohan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By ssj3gohan007

@ssj3gohan007: Yeah I definetely want Thor's world the endless cycle of death and rebirth again and again and again... And I definetely don't want to be the greatest hero the world has ever seen being praised million years after my life, and NO I MEAN NO WAY I would like to find my soul-mate at a young age and fell in love with her and live together.

Sorry for being sarcastic but that only makes it easier for me to decide Superman. As for interdimensional travel Superman can do that through technology. Anyway I really think Superman is a better package, the fame and the immortality the NAME has only is enough for me, not to mention the endless line of descendants that would follow my example and the power and fame my family tree will have.

What do you mean by finding a soul-mate at a young age, why do you assume that you cannot do the same with Thor's package? Why do you assume that you won't be praised as the greatest hero with Thor's package in the real world. You can be just as great a hero with Thor's powers. All of what your saying can be accomplished with Thor's powers. It seems your comparing Superman's lore rather what actually will happen. Remember in the real world, you will be considered the worlds greatest hero regardless of who's powers you have because YOU HAVE NO COMPETITION. There is virtually no difference in that department. A guy with Thor's powers can become just as famous and legendary as the guy with Superman's powers. The guy with Thor's powers can also have children and a family who would all be not only powerful/famous but worshipped as Gods and Royalty. In the real world, a guy with Thor's powers can just as easily call himself Superman if he wanted because it doesn't make a bit of difference what his name is. Same goes for the one with Superman's powers. It's your heroic acts and accomplishments that will make your name immortal, not the name itself. Because your kinda starting from scratch here, and there were no previous superman who did amazing feats or anything. If your going to be famous its by your deeds alone.