Posted by PayneInTheAss (8870 posts) 3 months, 13 days ago

Poll: Who is your favorite member of the Iluminati (Marvel)? (47 votes)

Black Bolt 15%
Namor 9%
Reed Richards 15%
Iron Man 15%
Beast 2%
Doctor Strange 23%
Black Panther 21%

No Caption Provided
#1 Posted by the_wspanialy (2907 posts) - - Show Bio

T'Challa obviously.

#2 Posted by Arrsenal (326 posts) - - Show Bio

The guy who assembled them

#3 Posted by DirtyTree333 (3574 posts) - - Show Bio

Matthew Murdock.

#4 Posted by mrmonster (9547 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Strange

#5 Posted by Millanine20 (355 posts) - - Show Bio

The man who had the balls to Kill World's and T'Challa.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
#6 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (3537 posts) - - Show Bio

@undefined: I just read time runs out for a second time and shouldn't we include agents of the illuminati like amadeus Cho or Susan storm-Richards? Anyway black panther had 1 top notch line in the book. Don't like him still.

OT: It's defo Dr. Strange

#7 Posted by SonicDoom (76 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel(Carol)

#8 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (3537 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by SonicDoom (76 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_living_tribunal_24: Here in about 2 years if not sooner. Marvel will announce the Illuminati will take the Avengers place as the new HUD team of the MCU after Avengers4. This team will be a big deal because Marvel will use this team to announce to the world they got all there characters back. The first time we see MCU Xavier and Reed will be in the Illuminati promotions. Captain Marvel will be on this team because no comic movie team these days will ever get made without a female and a minority moving forward. She'll still have sequels in the theaters to. Which we'll boost sales for her film and the illuminati. Kinda like how Avengers cross with the Marvel solo films.

#10 Posted by death2heretics (6242 posts) - - Show Bio

Donald Trump and Putin

#11 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (3537 posts) - - Show Bio

@sonicdoom: comicbook characters, and she hasn't even been in a single movie

#12 Posted by adamTRMM (7344 posts) - - Show Bio

Pro X

#13 Posted by PayneInTheAss (8870 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_living_tribunal_24:

If anything I was tempted to add Hulk and Cap Britain as of later in the run

But I decided to stick to this specific lineup

Since it was the first in Hickman's run

#14 Posted by Darthjhawk (4031 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther: The King of Wakanda

No Caption Provided

#15 Edited by TheDeathstroke (2856 posts) - - Show Bio

Where’s Xavier?

#16 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (3537 posts) - - Show Bio

@payneintheass: they were pretty much useless during time runs out, hulk got captured by susan while fighting an enraged amadeus and Brian... well Brian was just there.

#17 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (3537 posts) - - Show Bio

@undefined: but I did like the idea of bringing the protector of realities and a smart strong man into the team.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
#18 Posted by ITouchedTheBoat (2790 posts) - - Show Bio

wow, so I'm not alone in saying Black Panther is my favourite?

damn, and here I thought I was a unique individual

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#19 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (11106 posts) - - Show Bio

T’challa

Avatar image for _kingoflatveria
#20 Posted by _KingofLatveria (14242 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Bolt

#21 Posted by StormShadow_X (14593 posts) - - Show Bio

Reed

#22 Edited by KrleAvenger (24891 posts) - - Show Bio

Favorite character who happens to be a member of the Illuminati or the favorite member of the Illuminati team overall? If it's the former, it's Tony Stark because he's my favorite character out of these guys. If it's the latter, I would go with Reed Richards or T'Challa, just because I think they influenced the team more than any other member every did. You are also missing Charles Xavier/Professor X. Come on man, he was one of the original six. Black Panther and Beast were not.

#23 Edited by destinyman75 (11638 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange

#24 Posted by PayneInTheAss (8870 posts) - - Show Bio

Favorite character who happens to be a member of the Illuminati or the favorite member of the Illuminati team overall? If it's the former, it's Tony Stark because he's my favorite character out of these guys. If it's the latter, I would go with Reed Richards or T'Challa, just because I think they influenced the team more than any other member every did. You are also missing Charles Xavier/Professor X. Come on man, he was one of the original six. Black Panther and Beast were not.

The latter, yeah.

Where’s Xavier?

@adamtrmm said:

Pro X

I know , it´s just that I went with this specific lineup since I find it more engaging.

I should have mentioned it in the title.

#25 Posted by adamTRMM (7344 posts) - - Show Bio

@payneintheass:

But Beats was a complete non entity. There was a rumor that Hickman just stuck with him as he wanted Mags or Emma instead but was denied by Bendis because they were his exclusives.

#26 Posted by SaviorSorrow (720 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor.

#27 Posted by PayneInTheAss (8870 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm said:

@payneintheass:

But Beats was a complete non entity. There was a rumor that Hickman just stuck with him as he wanted Mags or Emma instead but was denied by Bendis because they were his exclusives.

You know, I wasn´t sure myself of Beast at the beggining, but he eventually grew on me, the more the run advanced , he felt more usefull.

But now, I would have loved Magneto there, or even Cyclops (not too sure of Emma tbh)

I was really pleased when I saw Cyclops making some appearances in Hickman´s Avengers run , showing us that Sunspot and Beast still feared him. he even got the Phoenix egg, he was prepared for the big picture himself.

Despite him being too full of himself I think he would fit with the rest of this Illuminati lineup.

As for Magneto, it´s been a while since I read his Bunn solo, but being in the Illuminati would been more interesting that whatever he was doing at the time. IMO

#28 Edited by adamTRMM (7344 posts) - - Show Bio

@payneintheass:

I mean, I remember all the stuff that what was going with Strange, from Ebony Maw ownage to becoming the leader of Black Priests; Panther/Namor tensions were central; Black Bolt's involvement from Inhumanity to aligning himself with BP; Reed... lol it's Hickman, his Reed hard on is well documented, so no need to further explain; Stark had a very specific arc going on for him that was completely ruined by Remender's Inversion crap, there was some major fallout in plans for the whole Avengers World initiative because of that (the arc, not the Inversion) that would've been much better with the actually broken Tony; hell even Amadeus, Cap Britain and Banner all had some memorable things to do while being added much later on, but ask me about Beast? Nothing. It's like his presence was obligatory or something.

Yeah, back in the day when it was still an ongoing, we've been speculating on the X-forums about that and were all losing our shit from the entertaining the thought alone (Mag/Emma instead of Beast), it were also the Bendis times so people weren't satisfied with the "revolution" and Hickman's Cyclops was so much cooler than his with just his like 3 appearances in his books. Though his credibility was shaken I'd say when he mindlessly threw him under the bus to wank his precious Doom in SW, but knowing that Doom is yet another one of Hick's hard ons I guess that was ok lolz

I agree, Bunn's Magneto while OK hadn't have all that much to it to say I wouldn't have prefered Hick's take on Mags with Illuminati in one of the best titles of Marvel back then.

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
#29 Edited by ProteusXManRxis (4263 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange.

#30 Posted by Pipxeroth (8246 posts) - - Show Bio

Just in general, Strange. But I prefer Panther in the context of them as members of the Illuminati.

#31 Posted by Emperorb777 (10034 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther

#32 Edited by EmpressOfDread (7187 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Bolt.

#33 Posted by PayneInTheAss (8870 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm: Well you are spot on with the issue of Beast not having any important plot point as the others.

°And yes lol, I was very disapointed when Doom killed Cyclops like that, Thanos suffered a similar fate, but he at least spoke some shit to Doom and we know that Thanos was very important in the whole run.

°Speaking of Thanos, do you remember the issue when Him and the Cabal were destroying another Earth which happened to be guarded by Charles and the X-Men?

And Thanos was very sadistic, forcing Charles to beg him to kill him. It was kinda unsettling to me. Which led me to think "Maybe Hickman really hates these X-characters lol"

I hope someday we can have his version of Reed/Doom but with Charles/Erik or Cyclops

°Also, in Secret Wars I liked that X-Villains like Apocalypse, Sinister or Pryor were portrayed as important people of Doom, with some cool little moments. But then I was like "Ok maybe Hickman is portraying them as Doom b*tches?"

But again, I feel like Hickman could write some of these X-villains really well and go to some interesting places.

#34 Posted by King_Krown (996 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by adamTRMM (7344 posts) - - Show Bio

@payneintheass:

°And yes lol, I was very disapointed when Doom killed Cyclops like that, Thanos suffered a similar fate, but he at least spoke some shit to Doom and we know that Thanos was very important in the whole run.

Actually, was he really? He was there just to convince Ben "The Wall.. I mean, The Shield" Grimm to tear himself down. Crap, I'm starting to recall how many problems Hick's storytelling actually had lol

°Speaking of Thanos, do you remember the issue when Him and the Cabal were destroying another Earth which happened to be guarded by Charles and the X-Men?

And Thanos was very sadistic, forcing Charles to beg him to kill him. It was kinda unsettling to me. Which led me to think "Maybe Hickman really hates these X-characters lol"

Yeah, and one of the Cabal was holding two Xorn skulls and made them kiss. I was surprised they didn't censor it actually, but I kind of loved it lol I didn't think of meta until you talked about it, I interpreted it as a symbolic kind of anti-sendoff to all ideas of hope and dream that Xavier somewhat represented. It was poetic, but in a effed up way. But you maybe right lol

I hope someday we can have his version of Reed/Doom but with Charles/Erik or Cyclops

I'd love to see him write Mags and Chuck!

°Also, in Secret Wars I liked that X-Villains like Apocalypse, Sinister or Pryor were portrayed as important people of Doom, with some cool little moments. But then I was like "Ok maybe Hickman is portraying them as Doom b*tches?"

I thought about it this way exactly! And I'm still undecided.

But again, I feel like Hickman could write some of these X-villains really well and go to some interesting places.

Can't argue with that. But I already went into extra detail about all of my concerns and interests regarding it in a relevant thread that you created in the X-boards. ;)

#36 Edited by Yassassin (6932 posts) - - Show Bio

Reed, though I despise the Illuminati.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0845740eb0b
#37 Posted by deactivated-5b0845740eb0b (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange, definitely.

#38 Posted by Amonfire1776 (1540 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man