• 142 results
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Back in June, Marvel announced a new series from Greg Pak and Frank Cho called TOTALLY AWESOME HULK, set to hit shelves this fall. Many people speculated that because of the blacked-out parts that Hulk was actually Amadeus Cho. Today, Marvel released another image which makes it seem like someone else.

No Caption Provided

So, is the new Hulk actually Iron Fist? Be on the lookout later this week for more teasers of the new series that will have everyone guessing who the new Hulk is before issue #1 hits this fall. From the image above, who do you think the new Hulk is?

[UPDATE] Another new image was released from Marvel.

No Caption Provided

Is this Maestro? What's going on here?

tchalla3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Before I even read the post, I was thinking Iron Fist based on the pic. Hulk is already arguably the strongest hero. You add fighting skill, and that would make him a broken character. I don't know about this.

mrBlonde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Way overpowered.

MK5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

Whoa. If it's Iron Fist, hand is blacked out because it's charged with chi. Imagine him teaming up with Luke Cage now. Or Luke Cage having to stop him from destroying too much.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

The first that comes to mind in that image is Iron Fist.

BUT It is way too random. And the creative team are linked to Amadeus.

Maybe they released that just to throw people of.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is everything a mantle nowadays? Didn't this "What if Iron Fist was the Hulk?" stuff used to be reserved for "What If?" books?

I'm not knocking it where it's shown potential, but the trend kind of turns me off of alot of this stuff.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Lol. I would love to see a Hulk Chi punch.

STARGRAVES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Professer X. Duh. They have to figure out someway to bring him back.

Maglor360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe They are misleading us like with the female Thor

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is any different from the promo art with Thor's helmet in the silhouette.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By dernman

Not buying it. I know Marvel has done some incredibly stupid things recently but I just don't see it. I still think it's Cho until I see evidence otherwise. Not that Cho being Hulk isn't stupid.

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Why is everything a mantle nowadays? Didn't this "What if Iron Fist was the Hulk?" stuff used to be reserved for "What If?" books?

I'm not knocking it where it's shown potential, but the trend kind of turns me off of alot of this stuff.

It's not something new. Even Iron Fist is a mantle. Green Lantern was a mantle for decades, Robin as well.

superhoodie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's Ben Tennyson and are hiding his left arm to make reference to the Omnitrix.

Kennethmaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Before I even read the post, I was thinking Iron Fist based on the pic. Hulk is already arguably the strongest hero. You add fighting skill, and that would make him a broken character. I don't know about this.

didn't he learn martial arts previously when in his doc green persona

Nolidoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hiddeninhell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This definitely looks like Iron Fist, but it's way too obvious so I'm betting its another attempt to rickroll fans, like with that wolverines 13 cover with Deadpool.

Plus I think in the first promo they said that the Totally Awesome Hulk LOVED being a\the Hulk which doesn't make much sense in regard to Iron Fist.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#17  Edited By The Impersonator

The title is still silly. What happened to "The Incredible?"

jas0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's Ben Tennyson and are hiding his left arm to make reference to the Omnitrix.

Comment of the year.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By goonage

Based on some developments (and a couple of other factors), I'm still sticking with the theory that the new Hulk is Amadeus Cho. Having Iron Fist as Hulk makes no sense.

Marvel are probably trying to mislead people, since a lot of fans though it was Cho since the beginning.

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You people are so gullible... They already did this with putting Thors head on Hulk and now they are doing it with Iron Fist and the ONLY reason they are doing this is to get more people to talk about it and throw you off for a loop considering that it is PAINFULLY OBVIOUS that the new Hulk is Amadeus Cho...

Avatar image for isaac_greenwood
Isaac_Greenwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's Electra's brain, in Bruce's body.

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

I agree just write some legit Hulk and Iron Fist stories..why keep switching people around just to be someone else. Its boring and burned out.

Kennethmaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@idontlikebirds: Have you read today's if you did what did you think about the ending

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why?

Isaac_Greenwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or it could be Big Boss. Bandanna, and robot arm...

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for handofprometheus
HandOfPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By HandOfPrometheus

@idontlikebirds said:
@koays said:

It's not something new. Even Iron Fist is a mantle. Green Lantern was a mantle for decades, Robin as well.

I think he is mainly talking about Marvel as DC is known for their heroes being mantles but as in Marvel changing Thor to a woman and calling her that which is someones actual name.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#28  Edited By stormshadow_x  Online

Stupidest thing I've heard. Yet the most awesome thing I've heard at the same time

heavyone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29  Edited By heavyone

There may be another possibility. Hulkling from the Young Avengers had a costume like that at one point. And since he is a Skrull, the right hand may be morphed into something like a dinosaur hand. IJS!

Supi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that we will see a lot of other "heads" in future teasers...Like they did with the (she)Black Panther before it was revealed that the new female panther would be Shuri....

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@idontlikebirds: its not that its new, it's the frequency in which its being used. Thor, Cap, Hulk, Wolverine in themselves aren't bad. But being done so close together within the span of a year is annoyingly uncreative and detrimental to what could've individually been standout moments.

Even Cap, despite long being established as a mantle in universe, really makes this feel over used since even slightly tenured fans have just experienced Bucky as Cap, and newer fans are witnessing 4 other heroes do the same type of story.

Its the current trend of turning everything into a mantle to pass down that bugs me, not the idea that "there must always b

bebe a Cap, Batman, Robin, Green Lantern"

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

If it's Cho then what's up with the blacked out arm? I haven't read anything with Cho for a while so I don't know if something happened to him.

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@idontlikebirds: Have you read today's if you did what did you think about the ending

Not yet. I'll have to get to it when I get off work. I tend to do all my comic reading at the same time in one day. I'll usually do a week or twos worth at the same time. I'll let you know later.

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

While the clues have me thinking that Danny Rand (Iron Fist) is the new Hulk, I think they might be doing this to throw us off. Either way, I am leaning towards Iron Fist.

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@idontlikebirds: its not that its new, it's the frequency in which its being used. Thor, Cap, Hulk, Wolverine in themselves aren't bad. But being done so close together within the span of a year is annoyingly uncreative and detrimental to what could've individually been standout moments.

Even Cap, despite long being established as a mantle in universe, really makes this feel over used since even slightly tenured fans have just experienced Bucky as Cap, and newer fans are witnessing 4 other heroes do the same type of story.

Its the current trend of turning everything into a mantle to pass down that bugs me, not the idea that "there must always b

bebe a Cap, Batman, Robin, Green Lantern"

One can argue that having the same characters doing the same things is boring and uncreative. I see a lot of these things that often enrich and develop the previous character or the legacy overall. I didn't get mad when Doc Ock was Spider-man and figured that in the big picture of things, it would help to make new stories down the line and enrich Peter Parker even further (by showing the contrasting qualities and why we love Peter). I feel the same way with Jane Foster as Thor. I'm enjoying seeing Odinson struggle, conflict makes for a good story. With Cap I wasn't surprised it was going to happen again and soon. Hulk did throw me off, but I have yet to see how it played out, so I can't comment on it. Wolverine felt overused, so I'm glad he's gone for now, and at least the character can get some rest (he deserves it). Comics are also going through a sort of growing pains right now as new things are being tried and they're experimenting with things. There is also an attempt to be more inclusive with heroes instead of everyone being a Caucasian male. I just think Marvel is also now willing to take chances they weren't before. If it's well executed, then I don't care honestly. A good story, is a good story.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

G-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this is Ironfist Hulk, then Hulk will actually have a good fight against Superman in cv battles without Super fanboys saying he'll just speed blitz him.

staphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

could be the winter solider

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking at the head it looks like Ironfist's mask......if they made Iron fist hulk I'm going to be very....very sad.

Isaac_Greenwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo: If you somehow beat the game already, do NOT spoil it for me. I haven't had the opportunity to play for a few hours. Working from home is both a blessing and a curse. LoL.

Snipergallo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stupidest thing I've heard. Yet the most awesome thing I've heard at the same time

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 94

I'm still hoping it's Amadeus.

butters911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's Spider-Man. The arm is blacked out because he is wearing web shooters, and the face because he is wearing his Spidey mask, and the strand coming from the back is webbing that accidentally got stuck to his mask,

Avatar image for currentthor2015
CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#46  Edited By Lvenger

It's clearly not Iron Fist, they had another joke 'reveal' image when they made it look like Thor's head on that Totally Awesome Hulk promo poster. It's still Amadeus Cho, everyone's already guessed it and Marvel are just trying to sway the more impressionable ones. It wouldn't make any sense if Iron Fist was made into the new Hulk.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#47  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Remember when Marvel showed this teaser at Comic Con?

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for victorcheenoanleu
victorcheenoanleu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heavyone: he's in new avengers though, I doubt it's him

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its IRON FIST, look at the tails from the mask to the left of the head, and why else black out the hand?

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers