Who is The Outsider? Here's My Theory! (Trinity War SPOILERS!)

• 96 results
Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Nice findings!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Fantastic post.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impossibilly: So, if we go all the way back to Justice League #1, it's the Outsider speaking to Professor Ivo, right?

impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

@jake_fury: Yes, but it's Justice League #6, not Justice League #1. Unless you mean Justice League of America #1, because the Ivo and Outsider meeting from Justice League #6 is presented there again on page 1.

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By kilowog52

This all seems very likely and all, and I may be wrong, but if I know Geoff Johns, and since so many people are coming to the same conclusion, this will probably be exactly what we are supposed to think, while the actual reveal will be something completely different and startling. I do agree however, that no matter what, the Outsider has some connection to the Joker as evidenced by the not-so-throw-away line you mentioned and his persistent utterance of the word 'Ha!' which I think you may be right in deeming a tic. I would also like to point out that the suit worn by the character who broke into the Batcave, knocked out Alfred and Jason Todd, and stole the Kryptonite ring from the secret sub-basement, looks an awful lot like the suit worn by Bruce Wayne In the 'The Road Home' one-shots between 'The Return of Bruce Wayne' and Bruce reclaiming the mantle of Batman. I'm sure Johns did this on purpose and has a plan to make a revelation about that.

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your theory is very good. Of course its Alfred,just like he silver age outsider. He is not a new or even re imagined villian.ugh! So much for new ideas and a fresh take on things .the new 52 is fast becoming pre crisis dcu . Although I know its gonna be Alfred, I had another theory..he is a white Martian

Avatar image for beppothesupermonkey
BeppoTheSuperMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Perfectly reasoned (and apparently correct) Good detective work!

ThePRez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By ThePRez

bravo sir

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

i caught the joker line which made me think he was an associate or even an apprentice of joker at some point where as others thought he was joker himself. also in justice league before trinity war someone broke into the batcave so we knew the outsider already knew who batman and his protege were. i dont like your theory but if its true its true. you give a very compelling arguement so will see very soon. was hoping that it would be desai but cant win em all equality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jake_fury: Yes, but it's Justice League #6, not Justice League #1. Unless you mean Justice League of America #1, because the Ivo and Outsider meeting from Justice League #6 is presented there again on page 1.

Sorry, meant Vol 1, I was looking at the trade.

ILLO_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By ILLO_29

@impossibilly: Well I just got done reading JL #23 and guess what....

your were right about everything.

VaizD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Well, now that we know you were absolutely spot-on (great work, there, and good work on DC's part planting all the hints in a coherent enough way that it could be pieced together.), we can start theorizing on who their prisoner is, hahahaha.

I'm almost half sorta hoping for Earth 3 Joker. Or Jokester, or whatever they'd call him in the N52.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@illo_29 said:

this

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@impossibilly: You, sir, have made my day. Both with your theory and the Joe reference. I had a similar, evil Alfred theory when I first saw the Outsider and before the Earth 3 announcement.

Avatar image for marcosvergara14
MarcosVergara14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man you are aswome you figured this all alone

MarcosVergara14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@illo_29 said:

this

Agreed

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

I don't think the Outsider could be anyone except Alfred (screw Flashpoint). To me the reveal isn't who he really is, but which world he really came from. Earth 3 seems like a good guess.

ClintsEvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You, sir, are a bad ass. Well done!

impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impossibilly said:

Sorry, meant Vol 1, I was looking at the trade.

No worries. What's funny is that after I read your initial comment, I scrambled to read Justice League #1 again, thinking "What did I miss?! What did I miss?!" :)

anthonygiu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impossibilly After I finished reading the JL23, I had to go "Bravo, Bravo" to this topic

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 the_stegman  Moderator

Bravo, ha.

comicbookfan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By comicbookfan93

@vaizd: I think it's Lex from their world

MarcosVergara14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impossibilly: Hey i was thinking in the photo that shows Superman,Wonder Woman and Batman in the destroyed Gotham maybe they are in earth 3 with the trinity beign transported to there. That would be a really good explanation of why the people thinks that the leagues are dead maye they got there by a boom tube. The sindicate send them there beacuse they know i kould be a risk having them close and ruin theirs plans to conquer the earth.As who was the one to save i have no theory for that

ThomasElliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Between this post and actually reading JL 23, I'm a little more pumped over this story line.

And it just occured to me Forever Evil is NEXT WEEK, so not a long wait!!

I wonder if any Earth 3 heroes pop up to help, and if any become permanent fixtures of Earth Zero.... and cannot wait for the inevitable Earth 2 tie-in/crossover!

Avatar image for superbatspiderclops
superbatspiderclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SPOILER: Yep its owlman's Alfred

impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marcosvergara14: I think that shot of New York City on fire is definitely Earth-3. As to whether that's the main Earth's heroes trapped there in the near future or the Crime Syndicate trapped there in the past remains to be seen. I think we'll get our answer to this question in next week's Forever Evil #1, which after reading Justice League #23, I am very excited for.

I wonder if any Earth 3 heroes pop up to help, and if any become permanent fixtures of Earth Zero.... and cannot wait for the inevitable Earth 2 tie-in/crossover!

I would really love to see some Earth 3 heroes, even if it's just in flashback stories if they've already been killed by the Crime Syndicate. Heroic versions of Ra's Al Ghul, Bane and Sinestro would be at the top of my list.

I'm guessing the Earth-3 Scarecrow looks a lot like this guy... ;)

No Caption Provided

Tara_Kal_Ur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Tara_Kal_Ur

@thecheesestabber:

I show old videos of Carrot Top's standup to children... beat that

xybernauts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By xybernauts

Great article! Truthfully, I just read this article today after reading JL #23 and finding out Outsider was Alfred of Earth 3, but regardless there are so many connections that the article makes that I didn't make while reading the story. This article really did a good job of putting two and two together for me. Also great background info.

The one thing i'm not sure about is the theory regarding the idea that Apokalypse invaded Earth 3's earth. Technically if all the villians in earth 3 are heroes and all the heroes are villians doesn't that mean earth 3 denizeins of Apokalipse are good guys? And if they are doesn't that mean they wouldn't invade and decimate earth 3 earth? Unless of course they invaded earth 3's earth to save it from the Crime Sydicate and something went wrong. Also another possibility is that that it's New Haven that invaded earth 3's earth.

impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great article! Truthfully, I just read this article today after reading JL #23 and finding out Outsider was Alfred of Earth 3, but regardless there are so many connections that the article makes that I didn't make while reading the story. This article really did a good job of putting two and two together for me. Also great background info.

The one thing i'm not sure about is the theory regarding the idea that Apokalypse invaded Earth 3's earth. Technically if all the villians in earth 3 are heroes and all the heroes are villians doesn't that mean earth 3 denizeins of Apokalipse are good guys? And if they are doesn't that mean they wouldn't invade and decimate earth 3 earth? Unless of course they invaded earth 3's earth to save it from the Crime Sydicate and something went wrong. Also another possibility is that that it's New Haven that invaded earth 3's earth.

First, thanks for your kind words.

As for Apokolips, in the New 52, despite there being many Earths, there's only one Apokolips. Apokolips exists in a separate dimension from the multiverse. So while there are different iterations of the heroes and villains throughout the main Earth, Earth-2, Earth-3, etc, there is only one Apokolips, Darkseid, Desaad, Steppenwolf, etc.

mhooks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well written enjoyed it!!!!

Avatar image for herokiller12344
Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well. he's definitely related to the Bat family.

Superbat420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicbookfan93: I think it's Alexander luthor jr. And they're going to redo infinite crisis. All this seems to familiar.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As for Apokolips, in the New 52, despite there being many Earths, there's only one Apokolips. Apokolips exists in a separate dimension from the multiverse. So while there are different iterations of the heroes and villains throughout the main Earth, Earth-2, Earth-3, etc, there is only one Apokolips, Darkseid, Desaad, Steppenwolf, etc.

Oh man, I didn't pick up on that. Is it stated in a specific point ro do they just talked about it a lot? Man, I'm so distracted!

By the way, very nice guess.

impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matteopg: James Robinson has discussed that at various times on the Comic Vine podcast.

Also, Justice League #23.1 - Apotheosis (the Darkseid issue) shows Darkseid travelling from Earth to Earth, beating one Superman after another.

Wilbertus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By impossibilly

From this week's Justice League #24:

No Caption Provided

It's the same scene we saw previously in silhouette in Madame Xanadu's vision in Justice League #22.

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By EnigmaLantern

Excellent points and well written, I probably have to agree with you here.

Avatar image for banestrokelobogrundybatarrow
BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Never would have thought of that!

Assman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I just finished the tpb of the trinity war, and......it was all spot on! Well done.

blh726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GIVE THIS MAN A COOKIE

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blh726 said:

GIVE THIS MAN A COOKIE

kazekaine1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was epic and pretty spot on must be Geoff Johns in disguise

impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was epic and pretty spot on must be Geoff Johns in disguise

Hahahaha. Thank you. This comment made my day. :)