Who is the better character: Sasuke Uchiha or Katsuki Bakugo?

• 85 results
Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By Aros001

Poll Who is the better character: Sasuke Uchiha or Katsuki Bakugo? (103 votes)

Sasuke Uchiha 73%
Katsuki Bakugo 27%
No Caption Provided

Who do you feel is the better character: Sasuke Uchiha from Naruto or Katsuki Bakugo from My Hero Academia?

We can even have the question as multiple aspects, if you'd like.

1. Who is the better rival to the main character of their series?

2. Who has the more interesting background, goals, and ways of doing things?

3. Who do you personally like more?

• 
Wilkins17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Wilkins17

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHF@ckBakugoHAHAHA

HAHAHAH

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MHA is still relatively new. There's still a lot of room for Bakugo's story.

Avatar image for kaijukinggojira
KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KaijuKingGojira

Were talking about a character who has been around for more than a decade ,who has literally aged now who is still having stories written about him and who's character has already been fleshed out in canon, versus someone who is relatively a new character who hasn't really been fleshed out that much.

So far the only explanation given about why Bakugou does what he does is because he acts like his mom and him growing up with a load of confidence and never liking people to help him and so far in the year 2018 his development hasn't gone that far maybe one day we could look back at this thread and have a proper discussion but at this moment in time it's not a fair comparison.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've not finished MHA yet, but myself and my friend came to the realization fairly early on that Bakugo is a the combination of all the worst personality traits of both Naruto and Sasuke.

He's extremely loud, obnoxious, immensely egotistical, and doesn't acknowledge anyone who isn't a potential rival.

That being said, I find him a more entertaining character than Sasuke so far. When Sasuke brushed off others it was played straight, but when Bakugo does it it's played for laughs. Bakugo's cringey personality actually comes off as funny where as Sasuke was a completely serious character with only a few funny moments outside of filler.

Sometimes how other characters react to a character plays a huge role in how we perceive them, and in the case of Bakugo there's usually someone nearby to point out how ridiculously socially inept he is. Sasuke never had that.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Grinningf0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sauce

thatduderox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By thatduderox

This is a mismatch. Sasuke has gone through his entire character arc while Bakugo is from a relatively young series. Of course Sasuke would be the better of the two. I will say, however, that there is a lot more nuances to Bakugo that goes overlooked by most casual fans, especially if you're not caught up with the manga. Bakugo is loud, hot headed, and easily irritable. That's just his personality. But he's also smart; both academically and strategically, can be respectful to a degree, and goes through a lot of self reflection about if he's really going about being a hero in the right way. He idealizes All Might the same as Midoriya, and when he sees the bond the two have built, instead of letting his jealousy take him down a dark path, looking at you Sauce, Bakugo questions what he's missing in himself that made All Might choose Midoriya.

Like I said, Sasuke is the clear winner now, but I can see Bakugo being one of the best developed characters in MHA once the story is completed.

Wilkiins17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Anomalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Who is the better rival to the main character of their series? Bakugo. Sasuke was only a rival to Naruto when they were kids and at the end of shippuden into Boruto. At any other point one of them would have stomped the other in a fight. They weren't really rivals so much as two separate "main" characters.

2. Who has the more interesting background, goals, and ways of doing things? Sasuke

3. Who do you personally like more? Sasuke

Avatar image for deactivated-5eaa273f735bc
deactivated-5eaa273f735bc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bakugo stomps all 3 rounds. Sasuke was pretty awfully written so being a better character than him isn’t much of an accomplishment.

Grace346

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grace346 said:

@aros001: Sasuke is better, hands down. He may have became "evil" or whatever but at least he doesn't tell others to commit suicide just because they don't have something 80% of people do have. And Sasuke is easier to get along with than Bakugo. Bakugo is just an asshole to me, nothing more. But Sasuke, he is cool, diverse, and complex.

No Caption Provided

Bakugo was given a god complex because of the people around him. His mother also created his insecurity by criticizing him for getting caught by a villain. He just had no way to articulate his feelings. Even at his worst Bakugo tried to stop Deku from potentially being killed. bakugo is abrasive but he doesn't mean the stuff he says. Not to mention Sasuke was an asshole from day 1 and has always been one

Grace346

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725:Lol, are you a troll? Bakugo is the true asshole, ever since the first day he got his quirk he started hating others. Also, Sasuke had to see his parents get killed by his brother so Sasuke's actions can be excused unlike Bakugo's. Bakugo's childhood was just about how great he was and all that.

Grace346

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: "Oh Sasuke was an asshole from day one", well at least he didn't tell someone else to take a dive off of the roof, and his past was way worse than Bakugo's perfect little past.

Grace346

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sasuke is better, hands down. He may have became "evil" or whatever but at least he doesn't tell others to commit suicide just because they don't have something 80% of people do have. And Sasuke is easier to get along with than Bakugo. Bakugo is just an asshole to me, nothing more. But Sasuke, he is cool, diverse, and complex

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grace346 said:

@kgb725:Lol, are you a troll? Bakugo is the true asshole, ever since the first day he got his quirk he started hating others. Also, Sasuke had to see his parents get killed by his brother so Sasuke's actions can be excused unlike Bakugo's. Bakugo's childhood was just about how great he was and all that.

Who did Bakugo hate exactly , Deku ? Once again when bakugo was captured he told Deku to not come. Sasuke was jealous of Naruto and tried to kill him on a rooftop and betrayed his comrades if anything is unacceptable it's that. Their worlds arent similar the backstories are not comparable. Even in the scan I showed it shows that Bakugo has changed for the better

@grace346 said:

Sasuke is better, hands down. He may have became "evil" or whatever but at least he doesn't tell others to commit suicide just because they don't have something 80% of people do have. And Sasuke is easier to get along with than Bakugo. Bakugo is just an asshole to me, nothing more. But Sasuke, he is cool, diverse, and complex

Sasuke tried to kill naruto multiple times and threatened to kill Kakashis close ones. While Bakugo is harsh he is just hot air unless it comes to Deku and even then they just had a simple sparring match to let out their emotions. In the manga Bakugo has been a team player in the last arc

Binnk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

1. Bakugou, similar to Vegeta he works hard to surpass his rival deku, someone who he has looked down upon since he was a child, who has now become his equal, and he wants to surpass him through his own power, not accepting an offer from some creepy snake dude

2. Sasuke (Part 1- Early shippuden) since his origin story was he lost his clan and seeks revenge on his elder brother regardless of the means, at this time we thought Itachi was evil so we rooted for Sasuke to kill him, Bakugou doesn't really have a backstory apart from being a bully

3. I prefer Bakugo since he has gone through a lot of developmet throughout MHA currently, and is no longer an obnoxious bully (although he can still be a jackass), his desire to get stronger and surpass All Might is quite inspiring imo, Sasuke throughout most of shippuden really annoyed me, His logic - "My Brother worked so hard to keep Konoha safe, even sacrificing his life to do so" > "Time to destroy Konoha, you know, something my brother died to protect as well as kill my two best friends, the only people in the world to care about me after my clan was killed" (Don't get me wrong, I like Sasuke as a character, but that really does not make sense)

Grace346

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@kgb725: Here is proof that Bakugo told someone to kill themselves.

Grace346

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: And he doesn't even change later on in Season 4. I seen him in season 4 and he is still the same he told Todoroki to "Shut up".

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither I dislike both of them.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Necromancer76

I don't like either of them because they both have terrible personalities but Sasuke has much more inconsistent writing (and he also tried to murder his friends several times and everyone was just ok with it for reasons). Plus, sometimes it can be pretty funny when people make fun of Bakugo and he freaks out.

OG_Guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By OG_Guts

Sasuke stomps as a character to Bakugou. Sasuke is more complex & has more depth than Bakugou. Unfortunately not a lot of ppl understand the character as opposed to Itachi who's a genocidal murderer that was retconned into a martyr, but thats another story.

Bakugou is the most overrated shallow main rival out there (after Yuno). Aside from having the personalty of a 10 yr old fortnite player, Bakugou is constantly jerked off in the narrative without earning it e.g. Aizawa- Deku & Bakugou are both class inspirations. Look, Bakugou is using teamwork like every other student has been doing in s1, BAKUGOU HAS CHANGED!!1!

The entire bullying which could have made Bakugou a more compelling character is swept under the rug because we cant have Bakugou be portrayed in a poor light since he's popular, let's retcon his & Deku's relationship too as AM says "good childhood friends". Bakugou never faces any lasting consequences for his actions, he never reflects on what he did to Deku. He has barely grown as a character. He has no overreaching story arc which is why he's piggybacking off Deku despite having nothing to do with AM Deku & OFA. It's sad really.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grace346 said:

@kgb725: And he doesn't even change later on in Season 4. I seen him in season 4 and he is still the same he told Todoroki to "Shut up".

That's not how character development works. Vegeta isnt a villain anymore and he acts the exact same way towards Goku

Avatar image for deactivated-5f07824e0850d
deactivated-5f07824e0850d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sasuke.

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sasuke

WordWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bakugo by far.

Grace346

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: Says the Bakugo stan lol. Bakugo is a bully, with literally nothing good about him. Sasuke is the one who deserves friends because at least he doesn't tell random villagers to take a dive off the roof lmao.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grace346 said:

@kgb725: Says the Bakugo stan lol. Bakugo is a bully, with literally nothing good about him. Sasuke is the one who deserves friends because at least he doesn't tell random villagers to take a dive off the roof lmao.

You havent even acknowledged the fact Sasuke tried to kill his friends if anyone is the stan it's you. No matter how you spin it what Sasuke did was objectively worse

Grace346

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: And there are actually some good things about Sasuke, unlike Bakugo. Bakugo is just an arrogant bully with the perfect past and Sasuke had a horrible past. So what is so good about Bakugo? Oh let me guess, his looks. Am I right? :)

Grace346

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Grace346

@kgb725: Actually, the only person Sasuke tried to kill was Sakura. And she tried to kill him too so it's an eye for an eye. You trying to make me like Bakugo isn't going to work, it just shows that Bakugo stans like you are toxic. And I am not a stan.

Grace346

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Grace346

@kgb725: And Bakugo did try to kill Izuku with his little explosion quirk in the first season. He said "It won't kill him if it misses", and people even told him to stop but he didn't listen.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grace346 said:

@kgb725: Actually, the only person Sasuke tried to kill was Sakura. And she tried to kill him too so it's an eye for an eye. You trying to make me like Bakugo isn't going to work, it just shows that Bakugo stans like you are toxic. And I am not a stan.

You're a stan you're twisting facts. Pretty sure Sasuke was witn the Akatsuki and was a bad guy when sakura attacked. He planned to kill naruto at VOTE too so what are you talking about?

@grace346 said:

@kgb725: And Bakugo did try to kill Izuku with his little explosion quirk in the first season. He said "It won't kill him if it misses", and people even told him to stop but he didn't listen.

All Might very clearly says he wasnt trying to kill him right after that

Grace346

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: Just stop. You're the one twisting facts. Please go and rewatch My Hero Academia.

ChampionJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bakugo is one of the worst and most overrated and lame characters in all of fiction.

Grace346

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@championjoe: Ikr he is a bully who tells people to kill themselves there is nothing good about him

ChampionJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grace346 said:

@championjoe: Ikr he is a bully who tells people to kill themselves there is nothing good about him

Not just that his wanting for power is so lame. He's so stereotypical.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#39 the_stegman  Moderator

I've tried so hard to see other people's side, but I just can't understand the appeal of Bakugo. He's just a bully forced into a main character role.

MoneyyJunee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sasuke

JoshTaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sasuke is a rather relatable character in the sense that everything he does is what most people in his situation would do.

You want to gain more power? Follow the most powerful ninja you've seen so far (Orochimaru)

You hate your brother and everything he stands for? Don't kill anyone unless you deem them worse than your brother.

You find out you're brother's tragic backstory? Lash out at the ones who caused it to happen.

While Bakugo is just straight up annoying. His god complex is really hard to deal with and while he does get some reality later on, he is still leagues behind sasuke as a rival to the protag. Maybe in a few more years this will change.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grace346 said:

@kgb725: Just stop. You're the one twisting facts. Please go and rewatch My Hero Academia.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The manga itself said he wasnt truly trying to kill him and AM backed it up in the anime too. Sasuke also did try to murder naruto because hes crazy.

Grace346

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: I don't see All Might saying "He didn't try to kill Izuku" anywhere. And no matter what you say I am not going to start liking Bakugo or stop liking Sasuke. And Bakugo tells people to kill themselves and he's not crazy? Lmao. People like you are funny.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grace346 said:

@kgb725: I don't see All Might saying "He didn't try to kill Izuku" anywhere. And no matter what you say I am not going to start liking Bakugo or stop liking Sasuke. And Bakugo tells people to kill themselves and he's not crazy? Lmao. People like you are funny.

No Caption Provided

He literally said no he wasnt trying to kill Deku right before this. The proof is right here. Doesnt matter either hes crazy or not. Sasuke is a psychopath. And you still haven't acknowledged Sasuke trying to kill naruto. It's a bit hypocritical to be mad at Bakugo for saying jump off the roof instead of being mad at the guy who attempted murder

AnimeFreak1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sasuke never tried to kill Naruto on the rooftop the fuck? They just went all out and nearly killed each other in a serious fight when using A Rank+ Ninjutsu, he said he wanted to kill Naruto in the valley of the end to sever his bonds and even then it was only because thats what Itachi told him to do to get strong and after seeing Naruto progress so fast basically surpassing him beating the tar out of Gaara and getting solo'd by Itachi again (really badly), being forced to relive his personal nightmare and getting tempted into power by Orochimaru he still choose to leave Naruto alive because he couldn't do it

His motivation goes beyond simple jealousy

This

Bakugo is a pretty crappy character all in all too

AnimeFreak1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notcensored:

Nah, I get what you're saying

He's just......

One Dimensional I should say

RikuYamaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Who is the better rival to the main character of their series?- i would only give this to bakugou considering Sasuke wasn't technically a "Rival" until they beat kaguya.

2. Who has the more interesting background, goals, and ways of doing things?- sasuke hands down. The more interesting backstory easily goes to sasuke. His parents and clan were killed by his brother he loved, and as such to take revenge for his clan, set off to kill his brother. His goals were still better then bakugou as bakugou has that "I wanna be top hero" goal like alot of characters in his series, while Sasuke had the goal to take revenge on his brother and to get stronger to beat him. And ways of doing things? I shouldn't even explain that. Sasuke easily.

3. Who do you personally like more?-i personally like sasuke a tad bit more then bakugou, mostly because on how sasuke was handled to be a antagonist. And since i am fond or antagonist with interesting back stories, it's a no brainer.

FanFeatRT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both are C tier characters but 1) bakugo 2) sauske 3) sauske