Who is the 'Bane' of Superman? Doomsday or Rogol Zaar?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d45f2a1434a1
deactivated-5d45f2a1434a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Who is?

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

In terms of character I’d say Zod as Bane has been potrayed as a sort of anti Batman like Zod is to Superman

Now in terms of someone who’s broken Clark like bane has Batman then it’s definitely Doomsday

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Worldofthunder

Not a part of the question but I'd like to say Brainiac?

Don't know who Rogol Zaar is, but Doomsday is far from Superman's Bane. The biggest thing Bane has going for him which makes him Bane and dangerous to Batman is his mind. Doomsday is literally a mindless brute meant for nothing else than to pose a physical threat. Bane is a physical and most importantly, an intellectual threat.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Doomsday.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@worldofthunder said:

Don't know who Rogol Zaar is, but Doomsday is far from Superman's Bane. The biggest thing Bane has going for him which makes him Bane and dangerous to Batman is his mind. Doomsday is literally a mindless brute meant for nothing else than to pose a physical threat. Bane is a physical and most importantly, an intellectual threat.

I've liked it. I never tought that way, I have to see for all sides for a better understandiment! I think I like the Idea of Doomsday being, 'cuz he is Taller and Physically stronger and the breakers!

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Brainiac.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Doomsday, what Bane did to Batman, Doomsday did to Superman. It's not about their character's or personalities, it's what they are famous for.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday, what Bane did to Batman, Doomsday did to Superman. It's not about their character's or personalities, it's what they are famous for.

This!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rogol Zaar is just plain trashy in name, appearance and characterization.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8a3b8a2f17f
deactivated-5b8a3b8a2f17f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Doomsday....It is

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@worldofthunder said:

Thats because Batman is a hero most valued for his brains. So his rival who could 'break' him would be somebody who challenges his brains but also won't cry after getting punched in the face...hence Bane.

Superman is most valued for his physicals. The guy can lift, break, and out speed almost anything (figuratively speaking obviously). So the main thing people want to see him take on is somebody who would rival his physicals and lose

Also Rogol Zaar is a new villain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I forgot about Mongul, that in my opinion is on pair with Doomsday.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mxy

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mxy

Mxy is more like Superman's Mad Hatter, or Bat-Mite tbh.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It has to be Doomsday. One of Superman’s central characteristics is his belief and ability to find a solution where no lives have to be lost. To be better than the villains that he fights. Doomsday is the one character that has pushed Superman passed that limitation, and always signifies one of the greatest challenges the Man of Steel has to face. Not just physically, but psychologically. Because Clark knows that Doomsday is never going to stop, unless Clark can desperately find the solution he needs to get rid of him, or Clark puts him down for good. The first time Clark ever encountered this situation, it resulted in his “death.” Doomsday’s presence always represents one of the most dire situations in Superman’s history.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Mongul should really be Superman's Bane but as it stands, Doomsday is technically Superman's Bane for posing the greatest physical threat to Superman being unbeatable by his brute strength or raw power currently as well as being the only being to actually kill the Man of Steel.

@farkam said:

Agreed but so is Doomsday.

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This is Rogol Zarr but i'm going with doomsday since he has more history with superman

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 morpheus_  Moderator

Doomsday's impact is incomparably higher, for better or worse he'll always be remembered as the beast that killed Superman. Rogol will be lucky to survive obscurity once Bendis stops writing Clark.

That being said, a wet mop has more character than Doomsday, Rogol wins that by default.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

@morpheus_: Because I haven't checked the MoS miniseries (or any other book for that matter lately), how did Rogol fare against Superman?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magian said:

@morpheus_: Because I haven't checked the MoS miniseries (or any other book for that matter lately), how did Rogol fare against Superman?

One shotted Supergirl twice and knocked out Superman several times. He's not as powerful as Doomsday but he's clearly portrayed as Superman's superior until separated from his axe.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who is?

Well Doomsday, because like Bane for Batman, he is the first to have killed Superman.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 morpheus_  Moderator

@magian: He didn't have many issues handling Clark in a brawl, but he wasn't as dominant as Doomsday in Jurgens' Action Comics. Lven gave more details about his track record.

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iconically, it's Doomsday.

In terms of actual character and contrast with the hero, Lex has a similar "self-validation through crushing the hero" motivation and Zod I guess would be the dark mirror capable of physically breaking the hero.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

@morpheus_: @lvenger: Hmm... I see. So he is powerful enough. Wish his design was better though. Anyway, thanks guys :)

SpongeGar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday

Eeef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally prefer Mongul to be the bane of Superman.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Mongul should really be Superman's Bane but as it stands, Doomsday is technically Superman's Bane for posing the greatest physical threat to Superman being unbeatable by his brute strength or raw power currently as well as being the only being to actually kill the Man of Steel.

@farkam said:

Doomsday character design is top notch.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:
@lvenger said:

@farkam said:

I guess if you like spiky looking Grey Hulks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
@farkam said:
@lvenger said:

@farkam said:

he is so sexy

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:
@lvenger said:
@farkam said:
@lvenger said:

@farkam said:

he is so sexy

I mean compared to Bendis' rotting flesh alien or the CGI troll that represented Doomsday in BvS he is. Not very high standards though.

EICHHOLTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am going to mix it up a little and say Cyborg Superman... so Bane is Batman's intellectual and wanted to "break" Batman mentally and physically. we are all agreeing Doomsday is just a mindless monster. so I would go Cyborg superman because he literally wanted to destroy his legacy. Henshaw rebooted himself from the Kryptonian matrix and chose to make his appearance look like Clark. he did this purposely and pretend to be a hero and wore the superman shield because he wanted to tarnish what superman meant and how people would see him, as an inhuman monster. now this isn't as physically "breaking" Superman, but blowing up coast City and getting Bill Clinton's approval is pretty bad no matter who you are lol.

EICHHOLTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: So i liked some of Bendis work, but whats the deal with this Zaar jabroni? did he destroy krypton now?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
@farkam said:
@lvenger said:
@farkam said:
@lvenger said:

@farkam said:

he is so sexy

I mean compared to Bendis' rotting flesh alien or the CGI troll that represented Doomsday in BvS he is. Not very high standards though.

My standards are high. Don't insult me bro.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am going to mix it up a little and say Cyborg Superman... so Bane is Batman's intellectual and wanted to "break" Batman mentally and physically. we are all agreeing Doomsday is just a mindless monster. so I would go Cyborg superman because he literally wanted to destroy his legacy. Henshaw rebooted himself from the Kryptonian matrix and chose to make his appearance look like Clark. he did this purposely and pretend to be a hero and wore the superman shield because he wanted to tarnish what superman meant and how people would see him, as an inhuman monster. now this isn't as physically "breaking" Superman, but blowing up coast City and getting Bill Clinton's approval is pretty bad no matter who you are lol.

Hank is Supes's Harvey Dent.

EICHHOLTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: I could see that esp with the half metal face, good call

EICHHOLTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

doomsday = bane

Henshaw = Dent

Luthor = Joker

parasite = croc

just throwing randoms out right now lol

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:
@eichholtz said:

Hank is Supes's Harvey Dent.

Now this I can agree with. Hank is Superman's Two Face, that's a comparison I hadn't thought of before.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday.