User Lists: 0

lol. stalemate

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Diana. She's a curator at the Louvre, and she speaks hundreds of languages (partially demonstrated), neither are things you do or get if you are dim.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Diana, Thor himself acknowledges hes an idiot

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad6141e8751d
deactivated-5ad6141e8751d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diana. She's a curator at the Louvre, and she speaks hundreds of languages (partially demonstrated), neither are things you do or get if you are dim.

must have a pretty skilled tongue ;)

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diana. She was naive in her film, but grew to understand the world better.

Thor was a hot-headed idiot, nearly causing a war for chauvinistic reasons. He did get more calm and thus seemed more intelligent later on, though.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor is a phenomenal dumbass

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CosmoGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diana

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor is maybe wiser by the end of Ragnarok, he's come a long way towards reaching his potential. Whereas Diana was kinda stuck in a rut, at least at the start of JL.

Diana is probably smarter though.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thor has a better knowledge of the universe

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Cosmic knowledge - Thor

Earthly knowledge - Diana

Wisdom - Stalemate, both have been shaped positively by experience

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well said, mate.

Kingyang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not the Bro God.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither has done anything to make me think they were supremely intelligent. Thor is more of a hot head so I guess maybe you could say Diana because of that. I really need to see Ragnarok again to be sure.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor, the technology on his world far outclasses that on Themyscira, and he was able to figure out how to fly multiple aircraft he had never flown before in TDW and Ragnarok. He seems stupid sometimes because he is kind of arrogant and can be a hot-head but that is not the case. He is likely better with tactical intelligence too, given how many wars he has been in and won.

Diana seems to have an average intelligence, maybe above average just due to her age. But she hasn't really done anything to prove it. Thor hasn't done much either, but it is more than Diana has. And I think that being the Odin's son would grant him the best education, in a world with technology centuries beyond Earth's.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@jayc1324 said:

Thor, the technology on his world far outclasses that on Themyscira, and he was able to figure out how to fly multiple aircraft he had never flown before in TDW and Ragnarok. He seems stupid sometimes because he is kind of arrogant and can be a hot-head but that is not the case. He is likely better with tactical intelligence too, given how many wars he has been in and won.

Diana seems to have an average intelligence, maybe above average just due to her age. But she hasn't really done anything to prove it. Thor hasn't done much either, but it is more than Diana has. And I think that being the Odin's son would grant him the best education, in a world with technology centuries beyond Earth's.

This,

Thor is smarter IMO. But Diana has far more Wisdom than Thor.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor he is an advanced alien

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thor actually, he knows stuff about the universe that will make Diana jealous.

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor surprisingly however he have the advantages of coming from an advanced society, more screen time allows for growth.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Thor is smart when he needs to be. Otherwise he can be pretty dumb and naive.

Diana is much more of earthly intelligent.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd said:

Thor surprisingly however he have the advantages of coming from an advanced society, more screen time allows for growth.

However that doesn't make him smarter:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84a212043e5
deactivated-5a84a212043e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Right, but that ship was as alien to him as it would have been to you or me, he'd never seen a dark elf before then, let alone one of their ships.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Right, but that ship was as alien to him as it would have been to you or me, he'd never seen a dark elf before then, let alone one of their ships.

Why would that stop him if he's from an equally ancient civilization?

Not to mention when his much smarter half-brother is actually standing right next to him telling him that hitting the console is not how it works.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85:

Why would that stop him if he's from an equally ancient civilization?

That's like, racist. In all seriousness though, he's a prince and a warrior first, I doubt even being well educated that he'd be knowledgeable in how to fly a spacecraft, let alone a foreign one. Could you handle being dropped in the pilot seat of a Chinese airliner without any prior training?

Not to mention when his much smarter half-brother is actually standing right next to him telling him that hitting the console is not how it works

Well that's just it isn't it? He's much smarter. The solutions to his problems are schemes, not hammers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5abbc73944668
deactivated-5abbc73944668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL. Thor got dumber in Ragnarok.

The one who didn't come up with "Get Help" is automatically considered smarter.

Zepta_Pon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The one that lost a home world and an eye and still jokes around is definitely not smarter.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's like, racist. In all seriousness though, he's a prince and a warrior first, I doubt even being well educated that he'd be knowledgeable in how to fly a spacecraft, let alone a foreign one. Could you handle being dropped in the pilot seat of a Chinese airliner without any prior training?

Well that's just it isn't it? He's much smarter. The solutions to his problems are schemes, not hammers.

RAWG Outrage! :) My point was rather than people assume here that Thor is smarter because he is from an advanced and ancient civilization, yet we never actually see him be that smart. No he might not be able to fly the Dark Elf ship... but he can't drive a normal car either, he had to ask Jane for a lift.

Which is another point. Loki and Thor are opposites of each other, Loki uses his head, Thor uses his fists... thats why Loki gets beat up and Thor ends up outsmarted.

Also, I should bring this back to comparison with Diana. When I said she was the smarter, I pointed to the fact that she has a job at one of the most prestigious museums in the world... I dont think you end up a curator there unless you come with a degree from somewhere, even if she could show up and wing it with her knowledge of the past, she likely isn't getting in.

On top of that I have to point out that, she is one of two people that we know about who used brainpower to figure out that Batman is Bruce Wayne. The other being Lex Luthor, while Superman used his superhearing and Cyborg tapped his communications. Now I am not saying Diana is Lex-levels of smart... but clearly smarter than the average person in the DCEU seems to be.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85:

RAWG Outrage! :) My point was rather than people assume here that Thor is smarter because he is from an advanced and ancient civilization, yet we never actually see him be that smart. No he might not be able to fly the Dark Elf ship... but he can't drive a normal car either, he had to ask Jane for a lift.

I forgot about that...that's hilarious! To his credit though, he did seem to know a lot about physics when he needed to escape Sakaar though "the devil's anus."

Which is another point. Loki and Thor are opposites of each other, Loki uses his head, Thor uses his fists... thats why Loki gets beat up and Thor ends up outsmarted.

It makes it so easy to ship them <3

Also, I should bring this back to comparison with Diana. When I said she was the smarter, I pointed to the fact that she has a job at one of the most prestigious museums in the world... I dont think you end up a curator there unless you come with a degree from somewhere, even if she could show up and wing it with her knowledge of the past, she likely isn't getting in.

She's definitely smart, at least in the sense that she's very knowledgeable about history and linguistics, but she's also got a lot of shortcomings. Spending hundreds of years isolated, she didn't know what holding hands was, or proper attire, or really any normal social convention, though that's not anything she hasn't learned. IMO she's not been in enough for people to fully gauge her intelligence, and on the other hand, Thor's had 5 movies to establish he's a goofus.

On top of that I have to point out that, she is one of two people that we know about who used brainpower to figure out that Batman is Bruce Wayne. The other being Lex Luthor, while Superman used his superhearing and Cyborg tapped his communications. Now I am not saying Diana is Lex-levels of smart... but clearly smarter than the average person in the DCEU seems to be.

Didn't aquaman kinda of just already know who he was?

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diana is pretty stupid when you think about it

Thor is an idiot but he's quite intelligent

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Outside_85

I forgot about that...that's hilarious! To his credit though, he did seem to know a lot about physics when he needed to escape Sakaar though "the devil's anus."

It makes it so easy to ship them <3

She's definitely smart, at least in the sense that she's very knowledgeable about history and linguistics, but she's also got a lot of shortcomings. Spending hundreds of years isolated, she didn't know what holding hands was, or proper attire, or really any normal social convention, though that's not anything she hasn't learned. IMO she's not been in enough for people to fully gauge her intelligence, and on the other hand, Thor's had 5 movies to establish he's a goofus.

Didn't aquaman kinda of just already know who he was?

Wasn't that because he asked?

And many have undoubtedly... meanwhile Sif is crying at a bar with the 2nd bottle of Jack D. :)

I would argue that's not a sign of lack of intelligence, it's the sign that she came from a different culture, not to mention she was literally right off the boat. Like you could compare it a bit to the Maori who still greet certain people with a strange dance involving a lot of shouting. And certainly Thor has had 5 movies to establish he is a goofus... I dont think we are going to see him solve difficult math questions in Infinity War now :)

Only by the way of Bruce practically telling him... kinda like throwing a Batarang at Barry. Considering how he otherwise was, I would say Arthurs lack of 'wow' was simply down to his gruff personality.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85:

Wasn't that because he asked?

What do you mean?

And many have undoubtedly... meanwhile Sif is crying at a bar with the 2nd bottle of Jack D. :)

Poor Sif lol. She's been replaced by Tessa Thompson.

I would argue that's not a sign of lack of intelligence, it's the sign that she came from a different culture, not to mention she was literally right off the boat. Like you could compare it a bit to the Maori who still greet certain people with a strange dance involving a lot of shouting. And certainly Thor has had 5 movies to establish he is a goofus... I dont think we are going to see him solve difficult math questions in Infinity War now :)

Totally, most of her shortcomings were due to just being foreign to the new culture. But! But as far as being the person to solve their problems with math is concerned, I think it's batman and cybrog who are going to corner that market in future films. Thor is definitely not going to be the mastermind in IW. If I had to place money on it, I'd go with Black Panther, Stephen Strange, or Tony Stark.

Only by the way of Bruce practically telling him... kinda like throwing a Batarang at Barry. Considering how he otherwise was, I would say Arthurs lack of 'wow' was simply down to his gruff personality.

It surprised me how nonchalant Bruce was about having a secret identity. In the Nolan films it was always a bigger deal, but I guess it's not that important for this batman ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What do you mean?

Poor Sif lol. She's been replaced by Tessa Thompson.

Totally, most of her shortcomings were due to just being foreign to the new culture. But! But as far as being the person to solve their problems with math is concerned, I think it's batman and cybrog who are going to corner that market in future films. Thor is definitely not going to be the mastermind in IW. If I had to place money on it, I'd go with Black Panther, Stephen Strange, or Tony Stark.

It surprised me how nonchalant Bruce was about having a secret identity. In the Nolan films it was always a bigger deal, but I guess it's not that important for this batman ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, I mean, when he woke up in Hulks flat, didn't he ask Valkyrie how to get off that planet and back to Asgard?

But then again if Thor is being shipped with Loki, I am sure there is room for some Val/Sif shipping too :)

All true. Assuming they survive :)

I think it's important enough. But at the same time, he is perhaps getting sloppy around BvS along with his morals loosening up? Maybe Lex knew it for ages? (Note Lex showed up at Wayne Manor when he was admitted to the comic League without having been told) I am definitely certain Clark was asked (by Lex) to attend the gala just so he could learn that Bruce is Batman. Diana I suspect knew in advance because she knew when and where to get that hard-drive she made off with.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad6141e8751d
deactivated-5ad6141e8751d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

after looking at the post Thor

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1da3ef735f9
deactivated-5c1da3ef735f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

iq wise i give it to Diana, when it comes to how much knowledge they have or have attained over the years then probably Thor in the cosmic sense and Diana in the Earthly sense. Wisdom however is a whole nother thing on its own which can be made cases for either character being wiser in. Then there is also their knowledge in combat that we have to consider as well which is debatable.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e9d095c91dd
deactivated-60e9d095c91dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor He was raised and taught in a 5-6 world. Pretty sure themiscyra is the least undeveloped civilization in earth LOL

@worldofthunder said:

@deltahuman said:

Thor is a phenomenal dumbass

No Caption Provided

What is he?

Avatar image for deactivated-60b590e543be8
deactivated-60b590e543be8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor is wiser and has more knowledge of Space. I assume Thor knows several alien languages

Diana know more earth languages, and probably more knowledgeable on Earth sciences, history, and cultures.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman. No contest

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor is a huge jokester and never demonstrates above average intelligence.

ashrym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor has not demonstrated any special intelligence. Diana speaks every language on Earth, reads dead languages, and curates a museum.

Kymilia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym said:

Thor has not demonstrated any special intelligence. Diana speaks every language on Earth, reads dead languages, and curates a museum.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ed112579360
deactivated-60ed112579360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman is a lot smarter than Thor

Avatar image for deactivated-60b590e543be8
deactivated-60b590e543be8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of these argument for Wonder Woman, is that she know a lot about earth history and culture, but i'm sure Thor knows a lot about Asgard history and culture, as well as the history and culture of the other 8 realms.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e9d095c91dd
deactivated-60e9d095c91dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor is a huge jokester and never demonstrates above average intelligence.

Knowledge of nine reals > Earthly knowledge. Thor/Banner ( some1 with multiple PHDS) both was easily talking about a collapsing neutron stars...

Knowledge of Nine reals and ^ That's average intelligence right? Oh wait I forgot....

"DiaNa iS iMmUnE tO LiGtHnInG"

No Caption Provided