Who is more wise Mcu: Ancient One or Odin

Posted by imsososorry (776 posts) 8 days, 10 hours ago

Poll: Who is more wise Mcu: Ancient One or Odin (40 votes)

Odin 25%
Ancient One 75%

Which Character has given off more words of quality wisdom through the franchise?

#1 Edited by The_Magister (14724 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin is wise in his own right, but the Ancient One is a lot more compassionate/knowledgeable and this adds more facets to her wisdom IMO. Odin's wisdom is more geared for leadership & strategy, while the Ancient One has more than that.

#2 Posted by g2_ (12243 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin is wise in his own right, but the Ancient One is a lot more compassionate/knowledgeable and this adds more facets to her wisdom IMO. Odin's wisdom is more geared for leadership & strategy, while the Ancient One has more than that.

Yes

#3 Posted by Super_ninja (3649 posts) - - Show Bio

Ancient One.

#4 Posted by ByondEon (1732 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin is more wise, however Ancient One have on-screen showings of wisdom Odin don't. But he is still more wise because it's canon he is.

#5 Posted by DannyPhantom (315 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Odin is more wise but ancient one is more knowledgeable, if that makes sense

#6 Posted by nn5 (368 posts) - - Show Bio

Have to say Odin. I don't like Ancient One and I don't think her taking energy from Dark Dimension is a sign of wisdom.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d27d76d4fe99
#7 Posted by deactivated-5d27d76d4fe99 (19 posts) - - Show Bio

@nn5: It's not a sign of wisdom because....?

Odin was dumb. I'm pretty sure he was senile since Thor 1

#8 Posted by Perethorn (6373 posts) - - Show Bio

#9 Posted by RetroMetro (304 posts) - - Show Bio

Being wise is not the same thing as being intelligent. The ancient one was very knowledgeable yes but she completely neglected that that knowledge and drew powers from the dark dimension. Odin has his stubborn moments but for the most part gave great advise to Thor.

#10 Posted by deactivated-5d27d76d4fe99 (19 posts) - - Show Bio

@retrometro: Quote the advice Odin gave to Thor? Wasn't it limited to "you need to smash Sif and stop crying over some weak earth bitch"? Then every other instance is them arguing, right?

#11 Posted by StormShadow_X (17111 posts) - - Show Bio

Ancient One. Odin's biggest anti feat of his wisdom is how he handled Loki which was both of their faults but a good chunk came from Odin.

#12 Posted by nn5 (368 posts) - - Show Bio

@newfreezer: Just because of moral reasons. I think Mordo was right.

#13 Posted by RetroMetro (304 posts) - - Show Bio

@newfreezer:

“That’s pride and Vanity talking not leadership”. When He and Thor were arguing how to deal with their enemies.

Outside of that casting Thor out to teach him humility.

“A wise king never seeks out War”

#14 Edited by deactivated-5d27d76d4fe99 (19 posts) - - Show Bio

@retrometro: The first one wasn't advice though. And it's undermined by the fact that Thor took to right course of action while Odin would've put Asgard into it's last days.

Thor was never truly a king so I guess his wisdom failed. Honestly Hela is better and she's a warmonger

#15 Posted by RetroMetro (304 posts) - - Show Bio

@newfreezer:

How is informing your son the difference between leadership and vanity not good advise. Also no the Frost Giants has no intention in going to war with Asgard until Thor instigated.

What are you talking about... Thor actually learned humility and never sought out a war.

#16 Posted by deactivated-5d27d76d4fe99 (19 posts) - - Show Bio

@retrometro: Because it's not. Just basic junk that any grandma or p.e teacher would say. I assumed that quote came from Thor 2 about the Dark Elves lol. Anyways Thor still didn't learn from that as he loves fighting and constantly goads people into engaging.

He certainly did learn humorty. Humility isn't special but atleast he somehow attained that too

#17 Posted by RetroMetro (304 posts) - - Show Bio

When did Thor go for a fight after Thor 1? In fact there was a moment in Thor 2 where he gave prisoners the chance to go back to their cells rather than Fight them.

You’re second point made no sense.

#18 Posted by MAZAHS117 (13151 posts) - - Show Bio

It should be Odin. He should be older than her and would’ve experienced more and see more, but the way they were written I’d say the Ancient One is the wiser

#19 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16549 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin.

I have no idea why Ancient One is winning the poll.

#20 Posted by Heatforce (6552 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin.

I have no idea why Ancient One is winning the poll.

Never underestimate Aang

No Caption Provided

#21 Posted by Richubs (6546 posts) - - Show Bio

Ancient One understands the world better than Odin. That gives her a better insight into a lot of things.

She has also seen the history of the world multiple times using the time stone with a lot of multiple futures and lives and knows a lot.

Odin is older, yes, but he has not displayed her levels of wisdom.

#22 Posted by Darkthunder (3458 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin

#23 Edited by Heatforce (6552 posts) - - Show Bio

@richubs: Odin has lived for thousands of years and is a space god. I feel like he has vastly more knowledge than Aang. Also, Aang was going to leave strange in the dust. She originally had no intention of helping him. Odin on the other hand stripped Thor of his powers to teach him a leason because (besides being his son) he knows how valuable Thor is to Asgard.

#24 Edited by Richubs (6546 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatforce:

Ancient One had seen all possible futures. She knew what she had to do in order to help Strange.

One would say after Infinity War that Strange was stupid and unwise. But that wasn't the case was it?

#25 Posted by ANTHP2000 (29640 posts) - - Show Bio

The Ancient One for reasons already stated.