Who is more badass: Hawkeye or Green Arrow?

Army2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who is more badass: Hawkeye or Green Arrow? (34 votes)

Clint 38%
Oliver 50%
Starlord solos both by dancing.... 12%

Which of these modern day archers is more badass in your opinion?

I am unsure myself, while I massively prefer Clint as a character Oliver has had his moments as well.

• 
anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 anthp2000  Moderator

Fraction's run was fantastic, one of the best comic books out there. I don't think GA's ever been written as well as this. There is also 'Blindspot', which is the definition of badassery.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we're talking about live action versions, then Green Arrow. However, if we were solely talking about comic book versions, then Green Arrow.

Germandog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Germandog1

Clint is awesome in comics. Oliver is ok.

In live action Clint is most forgetable avenger aling with Vision or Wanda but Ollie in CW is awesome

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

If we're talking about live action versions, then Green Arrow. However, if we were solely talking about comic book versions, then Green Arrow.

This.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 morpheus_  Moderator

Fraction's run was fantastic, one of the best comic books out there. I don't think GA's ever been written as well as this. There is also 'Blindspot', which is the definition of badassery.

Mike Grell's run is arguably better than everything ever written about Clint. Chuck Dixon's is also good but somewhat dated and focuses on Connor instead of Ollie.

Modern times (2010-current) have been more kind to Clint, though.

Avatar image for onlyoneempereor
OnlyOneEmpereor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arrow

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oliver Queen has faced superpowered foes, rapists, drug lords, ninjas, has even fought Batman, Question and others. He has died and come back. He gave the kill shot to Hal Jordan (one of his best friends) when Hal needed to be put down as Parallax. Oliver smashes Black Canary regularly. He's the legit bad ass.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 anthp2000  Moderator

@morpheus_: Thanks for the titles, I'll check the runs out.

I really think Matt Fraction did an amazing job with Clint, it is one of my favorite comic-books in general. What's your opinion on it?

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oliver in Mike Grell's run.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 morpheus_  Moderator

@cosmicbike: I have only read the first ten issues or so, I can't given a fully formed opinion. I liked what I read but I don't regard it as superior to Lemire and Sorentino's run (Immortal Iron Fist copycat as that might had been), or Judd Winick's GA v3. Even though for the latter, his liberal use of Constantine Drakon and Deathstroke might be affecting the clarity of my judgment.

@morpheus_: Thanks for the titles, I'll check the runs out.

I really think Matt Fraction did an amazing job with Clint, it is one of my favorite comic-books in general. What's your opinion on it?

Fraction is generally underrated because he has quirky ideas, focuses a lot on his creator owned work and had a completely average run in Uncanny X-Men. His Hawkeye is genuinely great and a unique, personal take on the character (not much of a surprise after what he did with Iron Man and Iron Fist). However, since this is asking about who is more "badass" I'd hesitate to cite Fraction's Hawkeye as an example, for obvious reasons.

Then again, he didn't hesitate to have Clint face off against Angel and Psylocke by himself in AvX, so it might had just been the nature of the book.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 anthp2000  Moderator

However, since this is asking about who is more "badass" I'd hesitate to cite Fraction's Hawkeye as an example, for obvious reasons.

Yeah, that is exactly why I also mentioned McCan's Blindspot, just felt the need to mention Fraction's run because of how good it is.

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultimate’s Hawkeye

pcris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that Green Arrow is the better character.

I have read Fraction's Hawkeye and though I like it, I wouldn't call him in that badass.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@anthp2000: Green Arrow has had some good runs, his classic Green Lantern/Green Arrow by Neil Adams was dope, then had a good long run by Mike Grell

but in the modern age his Jeff Lemire run with art by Sorrentino was pretty great, and the recent run written by Ben Percy got the character pretty good with rebirth(the stuff he had just before rebirth was interesting character study done in some horror style, it was decent)

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Over the decades, Green Arrow. Over the last five or so years, Hawkeye. Star Lord does solo, though with fancy footwork and fascinating rhythm.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Prefer Roy Harper over both