#1 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

Peak level characters from Naruto.

No Caption Provided

Current characters mpw and future chapters from Bleach.

No Caption Provided

Dragon Ball as in the original manga series people.

Who has the faster characters in speed determine matches?

#2 Edited by Etheral_Dreams (6116 posts) - - Show Bio

Overall?

Dragonball (generally massively hypersonic/lightning speed, some arguably FTL feats, but could be dismissed as outliers) =< Bleach (fastest characters are possibly Mach 11,000 based on feats) < Naruto (fastest characters at their best are lightspeed/low-end FTL)

#3 Posted by Noone301994 (22169 posts) - - Show Bio

Instant transmission >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Everything else.

#4 Posted by thelocust619 (7851 posts) - - Show Bio

DB>Naruto>>>>>>>>Bleach, where Mach 500 is impressive lol

#6 Posted by Etheral_Dreams (6116 posts) - - Show Bio

Instant transmission isn't in the original Dragonball.

Original DB is below Naruto in speed.

#7 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone301994 said:

Read OP herpy derp :)

#8 Posted by XioKenji (3372 posts) - - Show Bio

Naruto > DB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bleach(where speed is inconsistent)

#9 Edited by thelocust619 (7851 posts) - - Show Bio

@etheral_dreams: I thought it meant all of Dragonball, but for the original series...meh. DB has a couple debatable lightspeed feats, Naruto has a definite relativistic feat and no lightspeed feats, so it's pretty close.

#10 Posted by Noone301994 (22169 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Etheral_Dreams (6116 posts) - - Show Bio

@etheral_dreams: I thought it meant all of Dragonball, but for the original series...meh. DB has a couple debatable lightspeed feats, Naruto has a definite relativistic feat and no lightspeed feats, so it's pretty close.

I think, Hulkage explained it well.

Lightspeed in Naruto?

There are actually several instances of lightspeed travel and reaction speed.

The first but most obscure example of a lightspeeder in the Naruto-verse is Minato, the Yellow Flash. People often confuse his speed with just teleportation but they are actually two different techniques: shunshin and hiraishin.

Hiraishin is also the technique know as Flying Thunder God. It is a teleportation technique that operates instantly and allows the user to teleport to wherever a seal (or tag) is placed. For example:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Here we can see him teleport to the tag, here is where the confusion begins. Minato teleports away and back faster than Raikage, who was lightning speed, could move a few inches. That means his reactions are so fast that lightning would seem to be standing still.

Minato did not gain the name Yellow Flash from his teleport technique. Actually he gains it from shunshin which is pure footspeed. The teleportation is instant and leaves no traces, you simply appear at the tag.

His shunshin which was described as "a flash of light" inside of the actual databook is pictured here:

No Caption Provided

But many people like to discredit it as hyperbole so this will not be an actual part of my lightspeed argument.

Example #1:

The first form of lightspeed travel in Naruto that is non refutable is Heavenly Transfer Technique. This is a technique in which a ninja from the hidden cloud can instantly send things at the speed of light.

No Caption Provided

With this technique, Mabui is able to transport objects anywhere at the speed of light. When being transferred, the object is engulfed in light and moves to any desired destination through a narrow beam, reminiscent of a bolt of lightning. In all instances the technique was shown, the object transported was placed onto a sort of platform.

Although typically restricted to inanimate objects, the technique can be used on living organisms as well, including humans. However, as the body is unable to handle the speed involved in the transfer, they would normally be ripped to shreds as a result. Most notably the Third Raikage, with his extreme durability, was thought to be the only person able to endure the technique unharmed.[2] However later on, the Fourth Raikage andTsunade both managed to survive it, although the latter suffered several minor injuries while the former suffered none.

This goes to show that anyone with durability better or equivalent to that of the Raikage should be able to survive lightspeed travel. This isn't lightspeed travel on someone's own accord, but it shows that Naruto characters are durable enough to survive it.

Example #2:

The first time we see an actual lightspeed attack (that can't be called hyperbole) is Might Gai's Night Moth.

Here he is shown bending space as he moves and affecting Gravity:

No Caption Provided

This is evidence of lightspeed movement for a few reasons. In order to truly distort space you have to be at least relativistic in speed. But here Gai does more than just distort it, his mass increases tremendously. We know this because the rod begins to become attracted to him in the bottom mid frame. According to the theory of relativity, if you are 90% of the speed of light your mass would double. That's nowhere near enough for objects, especially as dense as the chakra rods, to become attracted to you. Going lightspeed and increasing his mass to infinite for a short burst of speed is the much more logical explanation seeing as a shift of mass from a hundred something kilos to infinite would indeed cause the space to distort and would call other nearby objects to become attracted to him because of the sudden shift in gravity. Continue'd use of that speed would have caused a miniature black hole.

So now we have a two feats in this scan:

1. Might Gai can travel lightspeed in short burst when he releases the 8th inner gate

2. Madara has lightspeed reactions and perceptions (and honestly it isn't the first time even though everyone likes to discredit this feat):

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Madara reacts to multiple lasers in a jutsu called laser circus. Don't get caught up in the "name doesn't equal power" hype because the only other Storm Release jutsu documented is Madara's light fang which is confirmed as lightspeed.

Example #3:

Naruto, Sasuke, and Lightspeed:

I have already provided evidence of both Gai moving at lightspeeds and Madara moving and reacting faster than light. Now I just have to give proof of Sasuke

First example:

This is the most obvious one, Naruto dodging Madara's light fang:

Sage Art: Storm Release Light Fang (仙法・嵐遁光牙, Senpō: Ranton Kōga)

Ninjutsu - Senjutsu

No Caption Provided

A Ninjutsu used by those who gained the Six Paths power, they emit a beam of light to bisect the enemy. Like a sharp and pointed fang, it cuts all things with the speed of light, making it impossible for the enemy to evade even one swing.

Naruto dodges this attack quite easily. And for those people bringing up Naruto's precog in this feat well you're wrong. Whenever Naruto's precog is in use Kishimoto illistrates it with an exclamation mark and/or a question mark ( !? or ! or !!) For example:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Here we also have Naruto blitzing Madara:

No Caption Provided

Now Sasuke's turn:

No Caption Provided

I can post more evidence but I believe this to be enough.

#13 Posted by 4Shadow (35 posts) - - Show Bio

If you're just talking Dragon Ball then Naruto is the fastest, if you're talking everything Dragon Ball related it's the fastest.

#14 Posted by ValarMelkor (5165 posts) - - Show Bio

DBZ>Naruto>DB>Bleach.

#15 Edited by thelocust619 (7851 posts) - - Show Bio

@etheral_dreams:

Ex1: I find this to be a technique like IT, not their actual speed. A can't run like that. Tsunade can't run like that. Minato can't run like that. It's an active ability, not a passive trait. It's basically teleportation.

Ex2: Relativistic speeds, or sub-light, also bend space. Nothing confirms light speed here. The best anyone can prove is sub-light.

Ex3: The beam is faster than madara's head, evidented in panel. It's already off screen before he even finishes turning his head, so no. Dodging Madara's head, which is slower than a beam of light, is not light speed. Backing it by a statement from a book that claims Susanoo and Temari can bust a universe doesn't really hold any weight at all, especially when contradicted by the actual panel. I mean the beam isn't even curved, as it would be if the object producing it were moving in pace with it.

As I said before: 1 definite relativistic feat and no lightspeed feats (sans a technique that works similarly to Instant Transmission, which doesn't count). I do not disagree that Naruto characters can handle lightspeed travel or the precog bit, though I do disagree with the definity of the method used to prove it in that post without a supporting statement from the author or something.

#17 Posted by makhai (3389 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#18 Posted by Etheral_Dreams (6116 posts) - - Show Bio

@etheral_dreams:

1.There's only one dragonball manga.

2. Vegeta has been shown to be faster than light on botg and db super.

3. Whis has clearly neen shown to fly from one end to the universe to the other in 26 minutes.

4. There's not a single character in naruto who's light speed. You have to be smoking something heavty. Even guy sensai who was considered to be one of the fastest was only stated as having super human speed.

1. I'm aware, but in the US, the start of the Saiyan Saga up until the end of the Buu Saga is considered a different series - Dragonball Z.

2. We're talking about characters in the Dragonball world introduced pre-Saiyan Saga.

3. See above.

4. LMAO. See post #12.

#19 Posted by Etheral_Dreams (6116 posts) - - Show Bio

@etheral_dreams:

Ex1: I find this to be a technique like IT, not their actual speed. A can't run like that. Tsunade can't run like that. Minato can't run like that. It's an active ability, not a passive trait. It's basically teleportation.

Ex2: Relativistic speeds, or sub-light, also bend space. Nothing confirms light speed here. The best anyone can prove is sub-light.

Ex3: The beam is faster than madara's head, evidented in panel. It's already off screen before he even finishes turning his head, so no. Dodging Madara's head, which is slower than a beam of light, is not light speed. Backing it by a statement from a book that claims Susanoo and Temari can bust a universe doesn't really hold any weight at all, especially when contradicted by the actual panel. I mean the beam isn't even curved, as it would be if the object producing it were moving in pace with it.

As I said before: 1 definite relativistic feat and no lightspeed feats (sans a technique that works similarly to Instant Transmission, which doesn't count). I do not disagree that Naruto characters can handle lightspeed travel or the precog bit, though I do disagree with the definity of the method used to prove it in that post without a supporting statement from the author or something.

Ex 1: I agree, remember it's not my post.

Ex 2: Your mass only begins to double once you hit 90% light speed. Gai's official mass is 76 kg, and that doubling to 152 kg is still not enough to attract the surrounding matter (especially the extremely dense chakra rods) towards him.

Ex 3: Madara fired the beam in a linear direction towards Naruto. His head was turned because Naruto hit him with his TSB staff. Naruto attacked Madara from the right before the beam could even travel a distance 5 times that of Madara's head (which if you check the panel before, is not equal to the distance between them.) This would require Naruto moving and attacking before the beam could reach his original position. Anyways, the beam isn't actually off-screen, that's a cropped image in the databook. The length of the beam in the original picture in the manga suggests that it hasn't traveled a distance of even 6 feet. Also, the databook never says that Temari or Madara is a universe buster: a) those were hyperbolic character statements from the original manga b) out of context mistranslations. You also probably think it says that Amaterasu is as hot as the sun (another mistranslation) or that Itachi is invincible (an out of context, hyperbolic character statement.) Still waiting for concrete proof that the databook is unreliable, other wise, I'll take it as what it is, official canon info.

#20 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

Dragonball >> Naruto >> Bleach.

@etheral_dreams:

Backing it by a statement from a book that claims Susanoo and Temari can bust a universe doesn't really hold any weight at all,

1. Databooks haven't said either is a universe buster.

2. Even if they did, common sense dictates it was hyperbole.

3. Your argument is basically 'this book had a few mistakes, no evidence from it is to be taken for sure'... which will end the use of around every book written, ever.

#21 Edited by thelocust619 (7851 posts) - - Show Bio

@etheral_dreams:

Ex 2: I don't disagree with anything here, but keep in mind that this is the undisputed best speed feat in the series and 90% lightspeed isn't lightspeed. 99% lightspeed isn't lightspeed. Lightspeed is lightspeed.

Ex 3: Motion lines confirm Madara's head was moving, and his pole being cut double confirms this. The book statement would triple confirm it, as it states it swings, but I don't find the book to be a legitimate source of information. It's either entirely right on everything in it or it's useless, IMO. The farther an arguement strays from the source material (being the manga/anime) the weaker it is. The Temari bit is in the databook, and the fact it is hyperbolic, which you agree to, is exactly why that book is useless here. Now, everything in the book is questionable, because it already proved you cannot rely on the words within being 100% accurate. What is accurate is the original manga, which shows:

"The length of the beam in the original picture in the manga suggests that it hasn't traveled a distance of even 6 feet."

-yet Madara's head traveled...8 inches? A foot? At most? In the exact. Same. Time. So, there's no way his head lightspeed, unless you're saying madara's head is lightspeed and the beam is even faster. In short: unless the beam has only traveled the length of Madara's head rotation, his head and the beam are not the same speed. The beam, which is lightspeed, got farther, so Madara himself is not light speed. In otherwords, if you take the book as it is, you're taking something that contradicts the manga...multiple times now...over the actual manga. I mean, at that point you may as well throw out the manga and keep reading that book, if that's how you like it :/

Also keep in mind that if that is how the author wanted it, he could easilly have shown naruto dodging the actual beam. It would make all the sense, too, as it'd be a great panel. Bleach does it all the time (a sword closes in on Ichigo's eye, he dodges at a ridiculously late moment n somehow lives), n they steal each other's s**t like it's going out of style. There are many ways for an artist to show such a thing definitively, but instead he chose to show the beam greatly outpacing Madara's turning head. I'm going by what the mangaka clearly wanted to show us, not a paperback wiki.

#23 Edited by thelocust619 (7851 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_warboy: "Which leaves us with kid Goku who was training to be faster than lighting"

-lightning speed stopped being impressive in the beginning of the war arc in Naruto. Becoming invisible is a matter of outpacing the onlooker's perception, not outpacing light itself lol. DB (pre-SS, if u prefer) only has two debatable lightspeed feats, n both are highly questionable. However, by Saiyan Saga it's all but confirmed IMO via the makensapo arguement

#24 Posted by 0ne0f1tall (228 posts) - - Show Bio

In terms of pure speed I don't think theres been anything in either Bleach or Dragonball that contends with partial Kamui.

#26 Edited by thelocust619 (7851 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1:

1. I could have sworn the Temari thing was directly from that databook, unless it was a different one? Iv only seen the entry posted in forums but I do not own it to double check. If I am mistaken here, I will concede and withdraw my arguement on the book's precision.

What it would show, however, is that the author did not take the care to be precise with his wording, is my point. For a precise discussion that just doesn't do IMO. The actual series is a manga/anime, not a databook.

3. Yes, that's my arguement lol. I understand flaws abound, even in the source material, but bringing more information outside of the source material just needlessly complicates things. We have a perfectly usable panel showing us everything we need. If this were a book series I'd get it, but I just don't see how a databook is any different than an official wiki, which is also unusable here.

#28 Posted by gokuss4z (3412 posts) - - Show Bio

Hard to choose :(

#29 Posted by Mooty_Pass (9580 posts) - - Show Bio

@makhai said:
No Caption Provided

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I LOVE YOU for this.

#30 Edited by thelocust619 (7851 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_warboy:

1. Dead guy...the Raikage? Naruto was literally the only guy there who mattered lol the rest were fodder. I'm talking top tiers, like true BM Naruto, EMS Sauce+ Hashirama chakra, Madara, Juubito, Jesus Naruto, Antichrist Sauce, Gai, ect. Impressing fodder isn't exactly impressing the reader lol. It got old during the Itachi fight n was just worn out by the time Naruto dodged A, and then he got his perfect jinchurriki form and became faster so...yea. It stopped being relevant early war-arc.

2. I'm loling cuz you made it sound that way. If that's not the case, then I'm sorry but I misunderstood u. No harm.

3. Yes.

4. When did they cross the universe pre-SS? And yes, dodging lasers is questionable. Captain America dodges lasers. Batman dodges lasers. Hell, Black Star CATCHES lasers and throws them back. In fiction, lasers arn't lightspeed unless stated.

#31 Posted by Etheral_Dreams (6116 posts) - - Show Bio

@etheral_dreams:

1. If you're aware that there's only one manga then why would you bother mentioning hoe it's renamed in the us? It literally doesn't matter. There's only one manga dragon ball. It is not considered a different series. Unless you have a quote from akira laying around somewhere.

2. Then op should have just said pre saiyan saga.

4. I literally just finished naruto 2 weeks ago. No one is ftl or light speed and everything you named are teleporting techniques.

Which leaves us with kid Goku who was training to be faster than lighting with popo and characters who move so fast they're invisible or appear in multiple places at the same time.

Db stomps

1. Because the OP, an American like myself, made a distinction between the two. So I'm addressing the first part of the series, which in the US is called Dragonball.

2. Talk to him.

3. You either overlooked some of the feats or didn't really understand them. Re-read post 12, carefully this time.

4. Being invisible or having after images is a trope in pretty much any manga, and it happened in Naruto part 1. Even Kid Kakashi was faster than lightning; his technique Raikiri (Lightning Cutter) is called that because he intercepted a bolt of lightning and then used that technique to split the bolt. Even Itachi was capable of activating and using techniques before lightning could hit him.

@etheral_dreams:

Ex 2: I don't disagree with anything here, but keep in mind that this is the undisputed best speed feat in the series and 90% lightspeed isn't lightspeed. 99% lightspeed isn't lightspeed. Lightspeed is lightspeed.

Ex 3: Motion lines confirm Madara's head was moving, and his pole being cut double confirms this. The book statement would triple confirm it, as it states it swings, but I don't find the book to be a legitimate source of information. It's either entirely right on everything in it or it's useless, IMO. The farther an arguement strays from the source material (being the manga/anime) the weaker it is. The Temari bit is in the databook, and the fact it is hyperbolic, which you agree to, is exactly why that book is useless here. Now, everything in the book is questionable, because it already proved you cannot rely on the words within being 100% accurate. What is accurate is the original manga, which shows:

"The length of the beam in the original picture in the manga suggests that it hasn't traveled a distance of even 6 feet."

-yet Madara's head traveled...8 inches? A foot? At most? In the exact. Same. Time. So, there's no way his head lightspeed, unless you're saying madara's head is lightspeed and the beam is even faster. In short: unless the beam has only traveled the length of Madara's head rotation, his head and the beam are not the same speed. The beam, which is lightspeed, got farther, so Madara himself is not light speed. In otherwords, if you take the book as it is, you're taking something that contradicts the manga...multiple times now...over the actual manga. I mean, at that point you may as well throw out the manga and keep reading that book, if that's how you like it :/

Also keep in mind that if that is how the author wanted it, he could easilly have shown naruto dodging the actual beam. It would make all the sense, too, as it'd be a great panel. Bleach does it all the time (a sword closes in on Ichigo's eye, he dodges at a ridiculously late moment n somehow lives), n they steal each other's s**t like it's going out of style. There are many ways for an artist to show such a thing definitively, but instead he chose to show the beam greatly outpacing Madara's turning head. I'm going by what the mangaka clearly wanted to show us, not a paperback wiki.

1. No, it's not, especially when Gai isn't even the fastest character.

2. What? Madara's head is moving because Naruto hit it, not because he was already swinging his head. If Madara wanted to cut Naruto with Light Fang, he would've initially angled his head to the side, not directly in front of Naruto. It seemed his intention was to impale Naruto, as opposed to bisecting him in the traditional manner. It wouldn't be the first time jutsus were adapted for different uses.

The beam traveled nearly 5 feet (scaling off of Madara's head, which should be about a 9" for a person of his height, i.e. 5'9"); Madara's head could not have moved more than 10 inches, the approximate distance between his shoulders for a person of his height. In no way does that mean Madara's head turns at lightspeed. Also, you seem to not know what a hyperbole is:

Hyperbole: exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally, often for dramatic effect.

The Temari statement and the Madara statement are both hyperboles (the first wasn't even in the databook, by the way); they are for dramatic effect, and make sense in their context. If I said "I'm so hungry I can eat a horse", I'm being dramatic, and it makes sense in the context that horse represents any large source of edible material. That statement wouldn't mean everything else I say is a hyperbole, especially if I don't contradict myself. I could say "I can jump 3 feet straight in the air." That's not a hyperbole, especially if I've done that in the past.

The description of Light Fang is not a hyperbole, and it doesn't contradict it's source material at all. All other Storm Release techniques in the manga are defined as light or lasers.

And as for why Kishimoto didn't draw Naruto dodging the actual beam, I don't know. However, he does have a history of doing odd things in his manga.

#32 Posted by Etheral_Dreams (6116 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1:

1. I could have sworn the Temari thing was directly from that databook, unless it was a different one? Iv only seen the entry posted in forums but I do not own it to double check. If I am mistaken here, I will concede and withdraw my arguement on the book's precision.

What it would show, however, is that the author did not take the care to be precise with his wording, is my point. For a precise discussion that just doesn't do IMO. The actual series is a manga/anime, not a databook.

3. Yes, that's my arguement lol. I understand flaws abound, even in the source material, but bringing more information outside of the source material just needlessly complicates things. We have a perfectly usable panel showing us everything we need. If this were a book series I'd get it, but I just don't see how a databook is any different than an official wiki, which is also unusable here.

Databooks are largely written by the author, and are published by Shonen Jump. They are specifically meant to provide more detail and knowledge than what was written in the manga. It is official, canon, and is also considered a part of the source material. Also, you're last sentence makes no sense considering there is no official wiki, if what we mean by official is a wiki written by Kishimoto and published by Shonen Jump.

#33 Posted by makhai (3389 posts) - - Show Bio

@makhai said:
No Caption Provided

It's my favorite scene from the Portugal version of Screw Attack. I've been trying to share it with every DBZ vs Naruto thread I can see on the first page of the battles forum.

#35 Edited by 0ne0f1tall (228 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_warboy:

Pretty sure Kamui is a form of Dimensional phasing rather than pure teleportation. By nature of debating speed something that involves manipulating what surrounds you should be considered faster then something that constitutes moving the matter the makes up you. Both instant transmission and partial kamui are instantaneous, but since with the latter there is technically no inherent change in the users existential location on a physiological level, It can be considered faster, as zero is less then one. (The definition of speed here being the shortest amount of time for something to occur )

Theres also the stupidly obvious fact that Kamui Users don't have to reach for their forehead.

#36 Edited by ValorZ (600 posts) - - Show Bio

Bleach characters have 3 digit Mach feats???

#37 Posted by lettsplay10 (20589 posts) - - Show Bio

#38 Edited by thelocust619 (7851 posts) - - Show Bio

@etheral_dreams:

1. I havnt seen anyone outdo his Night Gai in speed. Has anyone else moved so fast they warped space? Id think I'd remember that...

2. Then you are arguing something different than the last guy I discussed this with. Naruto ducked Madara's head, which was shooting the light. The original claim was that Madara turning his head was lightspeed, which was, to my understanding, what this was all about. Now I havnt read the manga in a while n have been going off that scan alone for the previous discussions, but if that is the case then Naruto merely intercepted his initiation of the technique. My point is if there was a beam that Naruto dodged, we would have been shown it, but we weren't. It doesnt make sense to me that the author would forget to clearly specify that Naruto bullet-timed a beam of light. However, you agree Madara's head isn't light speed, good. I'm saying that's what he dodged, not the beam after itself. What i gather is basically "precog says hey, duck when you hit him this time...and Naruto says okay"

3. Ik what hyperbole is, and I'm not saying the databook is retarded or anything, if that's how you're taking it. Its the author's writing preference, which is fine, but it's unusable in a precise setting. I live on jokes, but I can't tell jokes in a serious situation, if we assume this to be one (or at least pretend lol). And I do not doubt the beam itself is light speed, I never questioned that.

#40 Posted by Inhumanly (214 posts) - - Show Bio

@makhai said:
@stormphoenix said:
@makhai said:
No Caption Provided

It's my favorite scene from the Portugal version of Screw Attack. I've been trying to share it with every DBZ vs Naruto thread I can see on the first page of the battles forum.

DON'T REVERSE IMAGE SEARCH THIS.

#41 Edited by Nefarious (35646 posts) - - Show Bio

Bleach.

#43 Edited by thelocust619 (7851 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_warboy:

1. A WEAKER, SLOWER Naruto was the only one who mattered then, yes. Because all else there was fodder, none of the top tiers were even there.

Keeping pace with a faster form of naruto is all that's needed. Your proof, good sir. Common sense really. "Was a faster Naruto than the one that dodged lightning speeds having difficulty keeping pace with Madara? Yes?" We're done here. Glad that's settled.

2. You mentioned it in comparison to a series with sub light speeders, so yea, you did make it sound that way.

3. Wow, u did this to yourself. Now I am laughing at you: "If your answer is yes then you're deluded." I said yes in agreeance with you. What's that make u? How about we keep our personal judgements to ourself from now on, huh? Lmao. This is funny, come on. Don't even be offended, if u don't laugh ur not human.

4. I said pre-SS, which even a small child who missed every day of school would still understand as pre-saiyan saga.

"The comment of lasers arent light in fiction is literally one the dumbest thing ive ever heard."

-then you're gonna hate this place lol, cuz that's the general rule. Everyone here knows it. Welcome to comicvine, noob.

#44 Posted by ValarMelkor (5165 posts) - - Show Bio

@thelocust619:

has anyone moved so fast they were inivisble? Then theyre too slow. Has anyone moved so fast they appeared to be in ten places at once? No. Then they're too slow

Haku did both of those things back at the beginning of part 1.

Appearing invisible to Sasuke's eyes while attacking:

No Caption Provided

Moving fast enough to appear in all of his ice mirrors at once:

No Caption Provided

#45 Posted by TheVivas (19093 posts) - - Show Bio

Some people need to learn to understand what they're reading.

#46 Edited by Etheral_Dreams (6116 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_warboy said:

@etheral_dreams: 1. Because the OP, an American like myself, made a distinction between the two. So I'm addressing the first part of the series, which in the US is called Dragonball.

1. There is none.

2. I'll pass

3. I didnt overlook anything what I don't understand is yout obvious wanking. I don't need to re-read a post. Those techniques are teleportation techniques. And one of them is usually used on inanimate objects.

4. Then you should have no problem posting scans of afyer images and moving so fast you're invisible for naruto characters then. Good for kakashi. He's still too slow. Anything else?

1. In the US, yes there is.

2. What?

3. How is Gai's feat or Naruto's feats of lightspeed movement teleportation techniques?

4. Hold on, I'll get some. Anyways, lightning speed is a joke to current Naruto characters.

@thelocust619 said:

@etheral_dreams:

1. I havnt seen anyone outdo his Night Gai in speed. Has anyone else moved so fast they warped space? Id think I'd remember that...

2. Then you are arguing something different than the last guy I discussed this with. Naruto ducked Madara's head, which was shooting the light. The original claim was that Madara turning his head was lightspeed, which was, to my understanding, what this was all about. Now I havnt read the manga in a while n have been going off that scan alone for the previous discussions, but if that is the case then Naruto merely intercepted his initiation of the technique. My point is if there was a beam that Naruto dodged, we would have been shown it, but we weren't. It doesnt make sense to me that the author would forget to clearly specify that Naruto bullet-timed a beam of light. However, you agree Madara's head isn't light speed, good. I'm saying that's what he dodged, not the beam after itself. What i gather is basically "precog says hey, duck when you hit him this time...and Naruto says okay"

3. Ik what hyperbole is, and I'm not saying the databook is retarded or anything, if that's how you're taking it. Its the author's writing preference, which is fine, but it's unusable in a precise setting. I live on jokes, but I can't tell jokes in a serious situation, if we assume this to be one (or at least pretend lol). And I do not doubt the beam itself is light speed, I never questioned that.

1. Kaguya, Naruto, and Sasuke are all at least as fast if not faster than Gai based off blitzing Madara and there fight against kaguya.

2. I never said that Madara's head turn is lightspeed. Ever. Naruto didn't intercept Madara's initiation of the technqiue, he wasn't even using precognition and he never saw that technique before. It was a plain and simple reaction speed. As for why Kishi didn't show Naruto dodging the actual beam, it's not the first time he did that.

3. Point is, it's perfectly usable here. I don't know why it would be any less usable than other official sources except for out-of-context scans, mistranslations, and trying to use figures of speech to attack its credibility. But I'm glad we're in agreement.

#48 Posted by makhai (3389 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Edited by Shinjiro (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

Not even DBZ is faster than light, or even light speed