Who is doing the best decisions for their comics? DC or Marvel?

CassioAug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who is doing the best decisions for their comics? DC or Marvel? (58 votes)

DC 79%
MARVEL 7%
I just wanna see the results. 14%

So, with the last Captain America and X-Men Gold controversies, as well as the Rebirth DC series ongoing, I was wondering who's doing the decisions overall for their characters and universes. Of course I understand that Marvel is much more than Captain America and X-Men, and I also understand that there are meny people enjoying Secret Empire story besides all.

I am quite new to this universe (just recenlty started reading comics) and am honestly asking myself what people think about the recent news regarding this matter. Before jumping in, with the general acceptance and success of Marvel movies (doing better than DC's) I would never imagine to bump over these recent polemics.

That said, what do you comic readers think about that? For you, which of them, Marvel or DC, is doing the best decisions regarding their characters and universes?

• 
Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Currently.....DC Comics.

FearSinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FearSinestro

DC atm

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Marvel.

Bendis ended his GotG run. Can there be any better decision than that?

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

Valiant is technically winning, all of their recent comics have been winners, literally all of them.

Marvel.

Bendis ended his GotG run. Can there be any better decision than that?

firing Bendis and canceling any and all books hes written then have them reboot with much better writers. After that fire the hack Nick Spencer, and return their characters to their true selves.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Valiant........

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This shouldn´t even be a question, a dog shit makes better decisions than Marvel is currently doing.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC. Voted Marvel by mistake...

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC. I'll only read a new Marvel title if there are two certain words on it.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

DC is good. Marvel has been pretty self-destructive lately.

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC all but admitted they screwed up and brought fan favorite Wally West back, which is slowly winning its way back into my wallet.

Marvel is changing too much and by attempting to stay "politically correct" and perpetuating Social justice into every single story is killing their fans. Change is necessary but done improperly it alienates the faithful fans that love the content and/or escape the real world, not find themselves enveloped by it through overt parallels meant to be veiled; albeit it thinly. DC learned it's lesson, will Marvel? Absolutely, but it's going to cost them a lot at this point.

Rant over

lukum123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lukum123

DC all the way. They've gotten some real experienced writers going for them, as well as consistently top-tier artwork, as opposed to Marvel's unqualified SJW writers that seem to be dumping on any and every white, male character by replacing them with such blatant PC-friendly characters. I LOVE diversity in comics, and the first few of these new characters, like Miles Morales Spiderman and Kamala Kahn Ms. Marvel, were fun and seemed harmless, but then punches in characters like AMERICA Chavez, who is so ironically OFFENSIVE that it makes me think Marvel won't be able to recover. I love the Gwenpool series, which is an even funnier deconstruction of the genre than Deadpool is, and I've heard good things about Marvel's other silly stuff, but every thing else is just so politically charged. Marvel isn't attractive at all at the moment. DC on the other hand, has some really fun stuff on the horizon, and I think they might make a comeback.

Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rebirth is mostly excellent. I haven't heard many good things about Marvel, but I wouldn't know as I don't keep-to-date with any of their titles currently. Their Star Wars stuff at least seems solid.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Marvel had an awful year in 2016, Civil War 2 was one of the worst story arcs I've ever read.

The only good Run they had is with Old Man Logan, either than that most of their stand alone titles were equally bad if not worse than Civil War 2. (IMO)

DC made the best decision when they launched Rebirth, having really excellent writers and Consistently amazing artworks.

Marvel just have dumb feminist writers who just seem to sideline and Male character and just replacing them with Female characters that are completely out of place. Caroll Danvers leading the Pro Side in CW 2 is just... i swear she says some cringe worthy dialogue.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@xwraith said:

DC. I'll only read a new Marvel title if there are two certain words on it.

... Star Wars?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@xwraith: even if the creative team was Brian Michael Bendis and Greg Land?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator
Thesenate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Thesenate
Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Yassassin

There both pretty shit; if it isn't stagnation, it's unnatural, clumsy development. You can't win with these two.