#1 Edited by JasonChrist (2 posts) - - Show Bio

In terms of charecteristics, way of talking, abilities and age.

#2 Posted by Saberscar223 (4423 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue beetle is who I thought

#3 Posted by Magian (151722 posts) - - Show Bio

Sideways. He was based on him anyway.

#5 Posted by Gracetrack (4677 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Spider.

#6 Posted by camilopezo (2034 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick Grayson

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
#7 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (9343 posts) - - Show Bio

Ted Kord or Sideways

#8 Posted by JediXMan (42702 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock.

Fight me.

#9 Posted by Nucleon (3463 posts) - - Show Bio

The Creeper, also created with Steve Ditko.

#10 Edited by MetalJimmor (6539 posts) - - Show Bio

I think a case could be made for Wally West. Starts out a teenager and grows into an adult hero. Quippy and kind of a goofball at times but takes on greater responsibilities after his mentor figure dies. In Wally's case he was left with a mantle to fill where as Peter just wants to live up to his uncle's expectations.

As for abilities, they both have the speed/agility to beat most common threats without really struggling, which gives them time for light hearted banter.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8317971872
#11 Edited by deactivated-5cc8317971872 (278 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Spider, Sideways and Bluebettle are the best fits imo

#12 Posted by GateOfBabylon (4366 posts) - - Show Bio

I think a case could be made for Wally West. Starts out a teenager and grows into an adult hero. Quippy and kind of a goofball at times but takes on greater responsibilities after his mentor figure dies. In Wally's case he was left with a mantle to fill where as Peter just wants to live up to his uncle's expectations.

As for abilities, they both have the speed/agility to beat most common threats without really struggling, which gives them time for light hearted banter.

Agreed.

#13 Posted by Reactor (4385 posts) - - Show Bio

DC really doesn't have a definitive answer to Spider-Man. It's kinda like the situation where people ask what Marvel's answer to Wonder Woman is; some can fit the bill, but there really just isn't one.

Now that being said, personally I always saw Static or Blue Beetle as being viable candidates.

#16 Posted by camilopezo (2034 posts) - - Show Bio

If we talk about equivalence in power, I think none.

Despite being officially street level, Peter is really too powerful for that category. But he is far from being at the level of types like Aquaman or similar.

Peter is a fish too big for street level, but too small to be considered "powerful".