Who is better at stealth: Solid Snake or Sam Fisher?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

gamiz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By gamiz7

fisher doesnt have a cardboard box and snake has octocamo sometimes

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Solid, definitely Solid.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Solid Snake

Pulls off using dirty magazines and cardboard boxes as ways to get around without being seen.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Sam and it's obvious.

Snake gets spotted and even snuck up on a LOT of times. Even not counting boss fights.

As I said earlier today, in the game, Sams stealth has only failed him one single time, and it required the enemy to prep the battlefield, and only have one point of entrance.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By renamed040924

@allstarsuperman said:

Sam and it's obvious.

Snake gets spotted and even snuck up on a LOT of times. Even not counting boss fights.

As I said earlier today, in the game, Sams stealth has only failed him one single time, and it required the enemy to prep the battlefield, and only have one point of entrance.

That's not true. Name me these instances where Snake is spotted. I guarantee he wasn't actually trying to be stealthy at the time. The only times in the whole series he was legitimately ambushed were by Sniper Wolf and Vamp, and he got his vengeance on both of them anyway. Every other time characters have tried to ambush Snake, even sniping him from thousands of feet away or approaching while he's asleep, he has sensed them and they failed.

Meanwhile let's keep in mind Snake is operating in infinitely more impossible circumstances, with enhanced super soldiers physically similar to himself as his canon fodder and advanced technology and booby traps littering every step of his path, while he himself begins the mission completely emptyhanded and has to make supplies out of whatever objects he comes across (cardboard boxes, playboy magazines, empty bullet cartridges, and ketchup bottles are what Snake uses for sneaking). The Splinter Cell operatives who Sam faces are equivalent to Next-Generation Special Forces, BEFORE they received gene therapy and were granted enhanced senses and other attributes. Never mind the nanomachine-enhanced PMCs with hive-minds that Snake was contending with AS AN OLD MAN.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Sam IMO

Waxonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snake

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mimisalome

I havent played all of their games so i dont know if this is entirely true.

Sam, as far as i knew of him, is always superior in skills compared to his enemies which often times acts dumb and moves predictably. He is also often put in a more favorable situations in which his presence is not expected and therefore security isnt oriented to hunt him down (more like reactionary defense than active pursuit)

Snake have to beat enemies who knew exactly what he thinks, how he behaves, how he operates and is pretty much expecting him... thats a pretty great disadvantage to start with.

So i guess i'll give this one to Snake at least as far as what i knew about them is concern.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sam.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MonsterStomp

@mimisalome said:

Snake have to beat enemies who knew exactly what he thinks, how he behaves, how he operates and is pretty much expecting him... thats a pretty great disadvantage to start with.

Snake would also have superior tech to counter this apparent disadvantage. That octocamo device seems pretty OP.

EDIT: And I haven't really gotten into the MG games, but if Snake's enemies know him, I assume he knows his enemies well too. So it kind of cancels out, if that be the case.

OneWithReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Id say Snake..the MGS games seem way more stealth driven than the Splinter cell games.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Look, obviously I'm giving this to my boy Sam.

There isn't really a certain way to calculate how stealthy they are. Taking Sam's feats from Conviction as a baseline, seeing as he was pretty much limited on tech, and operating on his own, yet still manages to infiltrate heavily fortified military bases, and even the White House with an army of g'd up spec ops in its defence. That's pretty dope.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mimisalome

@mimisalome said:

Snake would also have superior tech to counter this apparent disadvantage. That octocamo device seems pretty OP.

EDIT: And I haven't really gotten into the MG games, but if Snake's enemies know him, I assume he knows his enemies well too. So it kind of cancels out, if that be the case.

1. In metal gear solid, Snake only has his anti-freezing peptides and some ability enhancing nano-machines that every mooks in the game possessed (iirc). Other than that he got binoculars and some cigarettes, the rest he had to scavenge around the area.

2. The only thing he knows about his enemies is the information he received during the briefing which is nothing much to go on with.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mimisalome: That's not true. Outside of a boss fight here or there they didn't really prep for him and even then he's stumbled onto a boss

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Look, obviously I'm giving this to my boy Sam.

There isn't really a certain way to calculate how stealthy they are. Taking Sam's feats from Conviction as a baseline, seeing as he was pretty much limited on tech, and operating on his own, yet still manages to infiltrate heavily fortified military bases, and even the White House with an army of g'd up spec ops in its defence. That's pretty dope.

@mimisalome said:

Snake only had OctoCamo during MGS4, which was a crutch as he was an old man who realistically shouldn't even be standing anymore, let alone infiltrating crowded battlefields of nanomachine-enhanced super soldiers.

Otherwise Snake is limited on tech too. As in, he literally begins every mission completely empty-handed, and has to scrounge for whatever resources he can. Snake is the only character with the ingenuity to turn cardboard boxes, empty cartridges, playboy magazines, and ketchup bottles into deadly tools of stealth. If Sam took ANY tools at all with him in Conviction, then he was beginning with a tech advantage. And it's true that Snake has access to incredibly advanced technology on occasion, but it's never standard. Things like the Stealth Camouflage, Infinity Bandana, and Solar Gun are unlockable extra items. The Railgun is a scripted scene weapon, Snake only uses it once. The only mission that he began with more than a pack of cigarettes was MGS4, where he had OctoCamo, but again, it was a crutch due to this being his most impossible mission yet, while he was in the worst shape of his life. Fisher infiltrated the White House guarded by Splinter Cells? Snake infiltrated a nuclear weapons disposal facility that was secretly being run by DARPA to develop the most powerful weapon man had ever known, with the most advanced security equipment and booby traps including surveillance cameras, spotlights, electrified floors, gas chambers, trap doors, stealth landmines, and key card restricted doors, being guarded by Next-Generation Special Forces who had undergone gene therapy to gain superhuman senses and physical abilities similar to Snake himself.

Prospero_Locke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weren't the first 3 or 4 splinter cell games an automatic failure if you were spotted or left traces you were there? Doesn't that mean that canon wise Sam was only spotted in very very specific circumstances like boss fights and cutscenes if that?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weren't the first 3 or 4 splinter cell games an automatic failure if you were spotted or left traces you were there? Doesn't that mean that canon wise Sam was only spotted in very very specific circumstances like boss fights and cutscenes if that?

The Metal Gear lore states the same thing about FOXHOUND's modus operandi. Snake isn't just responsible for accomplishing his goal. A successful mission is judged by whether or not anyone ever even knows he was there at all. He isn't allowed to leave behind one trace of his presence, that includes weapons, cartridges, footprints, blood, sweat, or bodily waste. The higher difficulty levels reflect this and give you a game over for being spotted, which I'm pretty sure is the same way Splinter Cell did it, because I played the first game and it definitely wasn't game over when I got spotted on normal mode.

SnakeEyes4597

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SnakeEyes4597

Sam's better at stealth, Snake' s better at everything else.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sam is.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Everyone knows about the benefits of the box.

No Caption Provided

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sam's better at stealth, Snake' s better at everything else.

What makes Sam better at stealth? Take into account everything we talked about above.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snake has a cardboard box, so him easily.

Avatar image for emperorxhadesx420
EmperorxHadesx420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like this thread. I did see a guy go through a whole MGS game without killing one person. Damn bro!!

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sam

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DanMarshall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DanMarshall

@emperorxhadesx420: without killing anyone is simple, now if he didnt disturb any of their routines now thats quite a feat.

Snake is a better infiltrator, Sam is every run of the mill generic spy

Avatar image for emperorxhadesx420
EmperorxHadesx420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danmarshall: Is that right??? I assume you have a playthrough of doing either???

Avatar image for dontrundontslip
DontRunDontSlip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fisher is more stealthy. Not only is possibly equipped to be more undetectable he's also infiltrating bunkers that are to a degree more difficult. Dealing with lasers,cameras etc. Also Snake is close but he's more of a stealth in the wilderness, I hadn't seen him infiltrate banks, buildings etc. Only seen him infiltrate maybe 2 military bases so far that was utterly flat in comparison to what Sam is infiltrating. And also Sam canonically used a suit that darkness and deepens shadows while snake canonically used more Ghillie type of camouflage, blending into surroundings entirely. It wasn't until he became big boss in ground zeroes where I Canonically seen him wearing a stealth suit that wasn't wilderness oriented.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Ghostodoofus2

Sam, Snake's comical ways of avoiding detection won't work in real life. The MGS enemies are morons.

Avatar image for dontrundontslip
DontRunDontSlip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmaooo