#1 Edited by GXrevs06 (4911 posts) - - Show Bio

You often see people saying that "X is an A lister or D lister". Which characters are A,B,C listers? I know characters like Superman, Spider Man and Batman would be A listers. What about B,C and D?

#2 Posted by ByondEon (1529 posts) - - Show Bio

Popularity ABC listers or powers ABC listers?

#3 Posted by APEX_pretador (21292 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk, Thor (for most of his career), Iron Man, Silver Surfer, Nova (post annihilation), Adam Warlock etc are A listers

Gladiator, Firelord, Eros, Beta Ray Bill, moondragon, Black Bolt, Drax etc are B listers

Rest of Imperial guard, most inhumans, all Asgardians except Bor family and sif, Heimdall, warriors 3 are C listers

#4 Posted by BloodsunXL (988 posts) - - Show Bio

A-List: Superman, Batman Wonder Woman, Flash, Joker, Captain America, Thor, Wolverine, Hulk Spider Man, Iron Man, Punisher etc. Basically characters that are easily/instantly recognizable by the general masses.

B List: Plastic Man, Deadshot, Zatanna, Superboy, Black Canary Etrigan, Beta Ray Bill, Quicksilver, Blade, Hobgoblin, Adam Warlock, Red Hulk etc. Basically characters who are popular to people who are into comics, but the average joe down the street may have little to no knowledge.

C-List: Hyperion, Hawk and Dove, Alan Scott, Elongated Man, Shang Chi, First generation Guardians of the Galaxy, etc. Characters who are obscure to even some comic fans but still have fanbases.

#5 Edited by Saberscar223 (4457 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_pretador: wtf Nova and Adam warlock are DEFINITELY not A listers I’ve never heard of Nova until ultimate Spider-Man show and I’ve never heard of warlock until the Gotg2 theory’s.

A list is like Spider-Man, Hulk Superman and Batman level. You really believe warlock and nova are anywhere near that?

And I have never even heard of some of those b listers before yet you say they are more popular than Hiemdall and lady Sif.

#6 Posted by Super_ninja (3613 posts) - - Show Bio

A-List: Superman, Batman Wonder Woman, Flash, Joker, Captain America, Thor, Wolverine, Hulk Spider Man, Iron Man, Punisher etc. Basically characters that are easily/instantly recognizable by the general masses.

B List: Plastic Man, Deadshot, Zatanna, Superboy, Black Canary Etrigan, Beta Ray Bill, Quicksilver, Blade, Hobgoblin, Adam Warlock, Red Hulk etc. Basically characters who are popular to people who are into comics, but the average joe down the street may have little to no knowledge.

C-List: Hyperion, Hawk and Dove, Alan Scott, Elongated Man, Shang Chi, First generation Guardians of the Galaxy, etc. Characters who are obscure to even some comic fans but still have fanbases.

#7 Posted by APEX_pretador (21292 posts) - - Show Bio

@saberscar223: wtf Nova and Adam warlock are DEFINITELY not A listers I’ve never heard of Nova until ultimate Spider-Man show and I’ve never heard of warlock until the Gotg2 theory’s

Ofcourse you don't read comics. I had never heard of Thanos 6 years ago.

Warlock and Nova have both been more important/bigger characters than almost anyone else whenever they appear.

A list is like Spider-Man, Hulk Superman and Batman level. You really believe warlock and nova are anywhere near that?

In household popularity? not even close. In regard to how they are written? Yes

And I have never even heard of some of those b listers before yet you say they are more popular than Hiemdall and lady Sif.

I said all asgardians except bor family, sif, heimdall and warriors 3. Which means these aren't C listers.

#8 Edited by Havenless (3173 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel is tricky now, because when **100 million** people buy tickets to go see a movie starring Mantis, Corvus Glaive, and Wong... that pretty much trumps anything Flash or Green Lantern have accomplished up to this point in their storied history.

A-list has always meant that someone who doesn’t follow comics knows who they are because they’re so much bigger than that. A lot of soccer moms today know who Drax the Destroyer is. They know who Pepper Potts is. They know who Korg the Kronan is. Do they know Green Lantern’s secret identity?

So this is kind of an outdated question, but it used to be: A-list is someone a lot of people will know who don’t know the comics, B-list is characters below A-list who get their own series and are vital to the bottom line of the company, C-list are characters who are side guys in A list books and might get a short mini-series every 5-10 years.

#9 Posted by Stormdriven (17953 posts) - - Show Bio

@apex_pretador: In-universe standing has no relevance to A-listers. Adam Warlock and Richard Rider can be written spectacularly for their entirety of existing, and they’ll still be considered gnats in comparison to the likes of Superman or Batman in terms of popularity.

An A-lister is a character that you could pick literally anyone off the street, and they’ll know who you’re talking about. Superman is the best example. I could pick LITERALLY ANYONE in the entire world, and guarantee they know who the Man of Steel is. Can the same be said for the likes of Warlock, Nova, Surfer? Hell, even your B-listers wouldn’t be considered that at all. That goes more towards the likes of Robin, the X-Men (could maybe even argue Wolverine being included with them), Punisher (his popularity comes from his symbol), etc.

#10 Posted by Supermanthor (21355 posts) - - Show Bio

A list batman and spiderman

B list rest of all

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
#11 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (4619 posts) - - Show Bio

A list: Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, Wonder Woman, Hulk, Captain America, Iron-Man, Thor, Wolverine and Flash

B list: Aquaman, Green Lantern, Black Panther, Shazam, Captain Marvel, Supergirl, Green Arrow, Batgirl, Nightwing/Robin, Deadpool, Harley Quinn, Daredevil and Punisher

C list and below: everyone else