Who is a better hero? Spider-Man or All Might or Superman or Goku

• 51 results
Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who is a better hero? Spider-Man or All Might or Superman or Goku (95 votes)

Superman 53%
Son Goku 9%
All Might 19%
Spider-Man 43%
No Caption Provided

OR

No Caption Provided

Or

No Caption Provided

OR

No Caption Provided

Which iconic hero is better in terms of abilities,personality,deeds,stories and anything else in their life

• 
bouncyhippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By bouncyhippo

All might stands out the most. He is the hero everyone wants to be. He is also a teacher and is always trying to save everyone. This is ever since he was young. After all, he is the symbol of peace.

Superman is almost like this except he sucks at teaching people how to be a hero. He pretty much just saves people and that's it.

Goku cares about fighting more than saving the world.

Spiderman is hated by a lot due to his vigilante acts.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman. I’m stuck between Spiderman and All Might with who’s the better hero. Goku doesn’t belong here.

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Superman and Spiderman easily

Superman always strives to be the best of us all even in his darkest moments

Spiderman always strikes me as an endearing character who always wants to do right.

Goku is far too reckless and bloodthirsty for a fight as opposed to actually ending conflict

All Might's arrogance is astounding, believing he needs to lie about who he is in order to hold society up. Also the fact he keeps going back into to action knowing he's a liability after a while is not enjoyable. (Why is the story written like that anyway?)

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman and Spiderman easily

Superman always strives to be the best of us all even in his darkest moments

Spiderman always strikes me as an endearing character who always wants to do right.

Goku is far too reckless and bloodthirsty for a fight as opposed to actually ending conflict

All Might's arrogance is astounding, believing he needs to lie about who he is in order to hold society up. Also the fact he keeps going back into to action knowing he's a liability after a while is not enjoyable. (Why is the story written like that anyway?)

Is he wrong? I mean, if the world knew their "unstoppable hero" was vulnerable then I doubt crime rates in japan would only be at 6% as opposed to other places that have it far higher. And once all might was no longer able to be a hero things did get far worse than while everyone has him as their pillar.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb
deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why would u say that ? I believe he cares about his friends and he likes to fight with good opponents so that he could become a better fighter . I can't really see how u characterize Goku like that .

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Spider-Man. He's the ultimate underdog and was one of the few superheroes I actually found interesting. Having him struggle with paying rent and other worldly problems was a breath of fresh air compared to the unnaturally perfect Superman and the dull and undramatic Goku. I haven't watched My Hero so I can't comment on All Might.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DeathandGrim

@thewatcherking: I believe so. It places far too much weight on All Might in general and devalues his allies. He believes in his own hype and will go to any length to protect his reputation, despite many in the pro hero community already knowing he was a ticking time bomb. (Which is also troubling because no one bothered to step up to be the number 1 hero) It's self destructive, far past altruistic; his allies clearly don't want him to get killed so when his powers conk out he has to be rescued.

Continuing with that theme that he lead everyone on to believe that he was still the top hero when he's actually terminal, now there's no plan in place for his downfall. Since he let people believe he was A-OK, they didn't have a backup plan to fill in his place should he suddenly be unable to act. (Something they address during the provisional exams) Because he lied and made people think that would never happen. Now they have to deal with the chasm wide hole he left in their plans of "rely on All Might" that could have been avoided if he just stopped lying.

In other words, he damned everyone by leading them on with false hope. All for (one) his ego.

This is terrible.

A similar parallel is during New 52 when Superman contracted the Doomsday Virus and had a death aura around him destroying all life and yet the idiot kept trying to come back and play hero anyway which ended up doing more harm than good (yes I love Superman but man this was an awful arc for him)

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku doesn't belong anywhere near these three in terms of being a hero. As for between them it's hard but I'mma say Peter, just because he tries to be a hero no matter how much his life goes south. He juggles that responsibility and the responsibility of being a hero, whereas Supes and All Might don't or do so to a lesser degree.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DeathandGrim2: Other heroes knew about it though. They knew that All Might's power has been diminished and that he couldn't stay in his muscule form for long periods of time. The only thing other heroes didn't know about was the origin of his quirk, which is hardly relevant to his being terminal. I simply don't see how it can be all his fault when his weakened state was pretty much kept from mostly the public. Of course you are right about a few things but I don't think it can be chalked up as All Might being arrogant.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DeathandGrim

@biswaboxz said:

@DeathandGrim2 said:

Why would u say that ? I believe he cares about his friends and he likes to fight with good opponents so that he could become a better fighter . I can't really see how u characterize Goku like that .

Why does good opponent have to mean planet threatening space monster?

Also Goku threw his young son into the ring with Perfect Cell and gave Cell a Senzu bean. I repeat he gave a beast with intent to destroy all life on the planet a full healing Senzu, so he could fight his son at full strength because he wanted to live vicariously through his son fighting. And said this

No Caption Provided

When the Earth or at the very least Earth's inhabitants are at stake. He does this crap all the time it's like he doesn't have a damn brain.

Say what you want about him caring about his friends and what not but don't overlook the fact that he'll sell everyone out on a gamble for his love of fighting.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m a huge western comics fan, but I think all might wins here, he sacrificed his own power, his social image, risked his life and even when he’s powerless and a skeleton he still dedicates his life to teaching the next generation of heroes. When he shows up you know things are ok

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DeathandGrim

@thewatcherking: I'm not sure everyone knew. Endeavor for instance. His encounters with All might never played out like he knew that All might was weakened. And that was later enforced by his rage at All Might's retirement like it was new thing to him. If he was aware of AM's weakened state then his retirement wouldn't be a shock. It was clear the UA staff knew about his weakened state because of the principal but outside of UA I'd venture to say that that information would spread fast to the wrong ears. Considering people like Stain, who was once a hero, exist.

And I would chalk it up to arrogance or at the very least, stupidity. The fallout from his fall from grace could have been avoided if he had just stopped lying about being injured. It's such a simple thing to do yet he couldn't bring himself to do it.

Again I don't find much of that heroic

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb
deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biswaboxz said:

@DeathandGrim2 said:

Why does good opponent have to mean planet threatening space monster?

Also Goku threw his young son into the ring with Perfect Cell and gave Cell a Senzu bean. I repeat he gave a beast with intent to destroy all life on the planet a full healing Senzu, so he could fight his son at full strength because he wanted to live vicariously through his son fighting. And said this

No Caption Provided

When the Earth or at the very least Earth's inhabitants are at stake. He does this crap all the time it's like he doesn't have a damn brain.

Say what you want about him caring about his friends and what not but don't overlook the fact that he'll sell everyone out on a gamble for his love of fighting.

If u think believing in his son that he would be a better fighter and person(who cares about his friends) than him is wrong then my friend I don't know how can I explain to u how much he loves and respect his friends that he was willing to gave up his life when Cell was going to blow himself up .

And for the record Cell challenged a Martial Art tournament , therefore he had shown courtesy towards his opponents whether they blood thirsty and cunning or not .... ....

Goku was not a perfect character because he was reckless and somehow that cost him his friends sometimes but that was the point of becoming hero that they should have flaws is that they would become a better person and fighter .

Goku always realized that before hand therefore he respected all of his foes whether they are planet eating monsters or not .....

Avatar image for deactivated-5c830d4e319e6
deactivated-5c830d4e319e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All Might.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

Spider-man is the best person. Superman is the most heroic.

mega6382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman solos

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Superman. Best person and Best hero. He's the guy everyone wants to be like morally and something to aspire to.

Peter, the guy the most people can relate to.

All Might, Superman but he doesn't hae the 75 years of being a character to express why he's such a phenomenal hero outside of his verse. I honestly see why ALL Might is amazing in his universe where all the other Pro heroes aren't as powerful as him and the two top heroe sunder him are a asshole (Endeavor whose toned down) and Hawks ( A Slacker) but throw him inside DC or Marvel and I think he'll lose some shine. I think thats the point he's the most wester comic booky streyotype of a hero in his world.

Goku....I don't hate the guy and I think he can be considered a hero but he does what he does for his own reasons.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All might stands out the most. He is the hero everyone wants to be. He is also a teacher and is always trying to save everyone. This is ever since he was young. After all, he is the symbol of peace.

Superman is almost like this except he sucks at teaching people how to be a hero. He pretty much just saves people and that's it.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

All Might for sure.

FangDaNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone that's not goku.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@thewatcherking: I believe so. It places far too much weight on All Might in general and devalues his allies. He believes in his own hype and will go to any length to protect his reputation, despite many in the pro hero community already knowing he was a ticking time bomb. (Which is also troubling because no one bothered to step up to be the number 1 hero) It's self destructive, far past altruistic; his allies clearly don't want him to get killed so when his powers conk out he has to be rescued.

Continuing with that theme that he lead everyone on to believe that he was still the top hero when he's actually terminal, now there's no plan in place for his downfall. Since he let people believe he was A-OK, they didn't have a backup plan to fill in his place should he suddenly be unable to act. (Something they address during the provisional exams) Because he lied and made people think that would never happen. Now they have to deal with the chasm wide hole he left in their plans of "rely on All Might" that could have been avoided if he just stopped lying.

In other words, he damned everyone by leading them on with false hope. All for (one) his ego.

This is terrible.

A similar parallel is during New 52 when Superman contracted the Doomsday Virus and had a death aura around him destroying all life and yet the idiot kept trying to come back and play hero anyway which ended up doing more harm than good (yes I love Superman but man this was an awful arc for him)

No Caption Provided

In some fairness, we see throughout MHA how much of an impact All Might had on the world's safety. Crime rates dropped, organized crime like the Yakuza became practically non-existent, numerous people wanted to be heroes because they were inspired by his ideal, and, though he suffered a crippling injury from it, he did destroy everything All For One built up. There was definitely hubris in trying to still be the number 1 hero while he's slowly getting weaker, but I'd argue that was due more out of fear than ego. All Might felt like the safety and security of the world rested on his shoulders, mostly because that was his goal since he was a teenager, to be the pillar. It was a burden he told the world he and he alone would take on. In his fear of failing, instead of doing as you said he should and not letting the world go on with false hope, which is certainly one way that fear could lead him, he tried even harder to not fail.

All Might had a flawed mentality, but it's not one I'd call un-heroic.

He wasn't hiding his injury out of fear of losing his reputation, his position, or having other heroes surpass him. He hid it because he didn't want to let the world down and shatter that sense of safety and security. Yes, that still happened after his final battle with All For One, that's why it's a flawed mindset he had. But his reasons still matter.

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes and Spidey. Out of all of them Spidey. His heart seems to be the most pure and he seems to always want to do what right.

EdgeLord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmao at Goku being a hero. It’s Superman>All Might>Spidey.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey because he is a vigilante

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: Most if not all Superheroes in DC or marvel are vigilantes including Superman or Flash

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: Most if not all Superheroes in DC or marvel are vigilantes including Superman or Flash

Well, I just see Spidey with a more vigilante attitude than Supes, Goku isn't one, and, from what little I've seen, I don't think AM is a vigilante either.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaoron said:
@bouncyhippo said:

How does Superman suck at teaching? All Might isn't the best reacher either, though it was a gag he was reading a book on how to teach and before that it was very clear he didn't know how to help Desk without Gran Torinos help

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: Heroes in the hero academia are certified by the government, but Superman is just as much a vigilante as spider man and honestly the whole the city hates Spider Man sthick died down a bit ago

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: Heroes in the hero academia are certified by the government, but Superman is just as much a vigilante as spider man and honestly the whole the city hates Spider Man sthick died down a bit ago

Don't you think Batman has more of a vigilante attitude than Supes?

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: Being a vigalnte isn't about attitude, it's about taking the law into your own hands something every member of the JL do. And even than its debatable as Batman and Spider Man work openly with the police force and other law enforcement agencies

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: Being a vigalnte isn't about attitude, it's about taking the law into your own hands something every member of the JL do. And even than its debatable as Batman and Spider Man work openly with the police force and other law enforcement agencies

Well I guess we have different views about what Vigilantism encompasses

SHEMMY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superman

Avatar image for deactivated-5be9a9d48ee87
deactivated-5be9a9d48ee87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku is a horrible hero.

I know it's mostly plot, but there really shouldn't be much street/mid level crime with Superman around. Gotham being the way it is shows that he isn't doing nearly enough with the amount of power he has.

Don't know much about comic Spiderman

All Might it is.

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man

Avatar image for hey_thatsmildlyadequate
Hey_Thatsmildlyadequate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman for sure

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormshadow_x said:

Well, I just see Spidey with a more vigilante attitude than Supes, Goku isn't one, and, from what little I've seen, I don't think AM is a vigilante either.

All Might's definitely not a vigilante since the Hero Agencies in MHA are approved and funded by the government. His work is deemed legal while vigilantes was typically defined as groups or individuals who undertake law enforcement in their community without legal authority.

So yeah, by definition Superman is about as much a vigilante as Spider-Man (heck, this technically means Gohan is one too). But the police and government don't bring up that bit of law breaking when it comes to Superman mainly because they prioritize all the good he does first and he's shown a great willingness to cooperate with them over the years. While he's technically breaking the law, the police know they can trust and rely on him and thus don't make a big deal of it. While Batman and Spider-Man wear masks and will act more however they see fit, thus why the vigilante argument is brought up more with them.

m2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-man. Just seems like a real G!

Omega_kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
xMangog__Beastx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sabracadabra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman.

Doofasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-man: Self sacrificing, easily to relate to, a good person, is actually in danger during almost all of his hero work, hated by some for the greater good, genius level intellect.

Superman and All-might: Compared to Spider-man, Superman is less self sacrificing, intelligent and often ridiculously stronger then his opponent. All-might is a tad arrogant, less intelligent and also usually ridiculously stronger then his opponent.

Goku: Is self sacrificing but incredibly stupid and too busy looking for worthy adversaries to be considered a top notch hero.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f36de50edb16
deactivated-5f36de50edb16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is Goku even here?

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman, with Spider-Man close behind. Don’t know who All-Might is.

Goku isn’t a hero. Only in the English dub does he sound heroic. He just always wants to test his limits and loves to fight.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kal> Peter > All Might

Goku isn't a hero.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman then Spidey > All Might.

Goku doesn't even belong here at all as he is not a hero, there's seriously something wrong with him.

Avatar image for hoboswagginssidekick
HoboSwagginsSidekick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I vote for All Might. Unlike Superman and Goku, All Might is not invincible or unbeatable, he makes a more compelling character than them. He feels human emotions like fear and doubt while Supes and Goku really don't, making his story archs more important as he not only overcomes his own obstacles, but the villan aswell. I understand that Spiderman also feels all these emotions, but the difference between All Might and the rest of these characters is he knows that he won't be around forever, and he tries to prepare people for a life without him, while Supes and Spidey make people rely on them to save the day. Oh, and Goku ain't a hero, he's just a dumbass who likes fighting people

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man for me.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can tell people here don't read Superman comics.