Who in the Mcu and Dceu could survive snapping the Infinity Gauntlet twice?

• 61 results
imsososorry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Thanos survived snapping the gauntlet twice which had the power to "light up a continent" but was left in a pretty messed up state. Who else could survive snapping twice if anyone could?

-Higher level being dont count so no Surtur, Ego, Odin and Eson

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Doomsday is the only guarantee due to his ability to absorb energy and he’s not weak to radiation it seems either and he’s physically one of the most powerful to boot.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smh "lightning up a continent" is so vague and clearly doesn't make him continental. There is no real correlation between light emitted from the Snap and damage done to Thanos anyway, and the light didn't blind any of the Avengers present, meaning it wasn't that bright. Thor wasn't damaged, and all of the nearby Avengers survived.

So here are the facts: the damage done to Thanos clearly was so concentrated that it hurt NOTHING except for Thanos himself, so much to that people inches away from him (Thor) and the ground beneath him was unharmed. The light emitted was also too weak to blind humans in the area, and it didn't even disorient them. That means flashbang>gauntlet light. Moreover, there is literally no correlation that can be made that can tie the "continental light" to the gauntlet's damage towards Thanos in a quantifiable way at all.

So anyone more durable than Hulk can tank it. This isn't really a good feat for Thanos at all.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

If it really is about radiation maybe Superman, maybe cyborg due to hi mechanical body but thats just a wild guess.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No real way to know since we don't know exactly how durability factors into it. Banner mentioned something about gamma rays making it easier for him to do it.

Doomsday is probably the best answer. He absorbs energy so there is a strong chance he'd become unbelievably more powerful doing it the same way he became significantly stronger after being hit by the nuke.

Maybe Superman as well. His body was "strong" enough to absorb the energy of the Mother Box which was said to have planetary levels of energy output. The whole "stronger than a planet" line, while vague and not really applicable to a battle format, seems like it should be relevant here.

Cyborg is another possibility due to his messing around with the Mother Box and the adaptive nature of his body. Even then though I'd say he is a long shot at best. If it came down to a choice between the Justice League and Superman wasn't around he'd be my hopeful choice.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@stormshadow_x: the inorganic life thing checks out, but only if it's Thanos' regular snap, the one that wiped out half of all organic life, anyone in a robot just might get to live

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smh "lightning up a continent" is so vague and clearly doesn't make him continental. There is no real correlation between light emitted from the Snap and damage done to Thanos anyway, and the light didn't blind any of the Avengers present, meaning it wasn't that bright. Thor wasn't damaged, and all of the nearby Avengers survived.

So here are the facts: the damage done to Thanos clearly was so concentrated that it hurt NOTHING except for Thanos himself, so much to that people inches away from him (Thor) and the ground beneath him was unharmed. The light emitted was also too weak to blind humans in the area, and it didn't even disorient them. That means flashbang>gauntlet light. Moreover, there is literally no correlation that can be made that can tie the "continental light" to the gauntlet's damage towards Thanos in a quantifiable way at all.

So anyone more durable than Hulk can tank it. This isn't really a good feat for Thanos at all.

By "light up a continent" Tony might have meant to blow it up, like when he says "Light em up Rhodey" and then War Machine carpet bombs a whole area.

TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thespartanb345t said

By "light up a continent" Tony might have meant to blow it up, like when he says "Light em up Rhodey" and then War Machine carpet bombs a whole area.

Wait, this is a movie quote? I only watched Endgame once so that explains why I didn't remember but I do now lol.

I still think that, IIRC, it is unquantifiable as a statement. Several issues come up:

1. We don't know what Tony meant by "light up a continent," since it could mean explode or literally light up with light.
  2. We don't know if he exaggerated or was just explaining the perceived power level of the gauntlet.
  3. Hulk is clearly not continental. Hulkbuster KO'd him, as did a few dozen Chitauri blasts. Thor was knocking him around as well.
  4. Iron Man has no reason to believe that Hulk is continental in power, and so if he was serious he wouldn't have told Hulk to do it, either. Tony can't just assume that Hulk can tank a Tsar Bomba like that, because canonically he's never done anything that's even city level. And yeah, there is some room for knowledge that Tony has that we don't, but that's another assumption on top of solving the 3 others that you'd have to make above.

So I don't accept it.

Keep in mind that I now believe the statement was when Tony was talking to Thor and Hulk about the gauntlet and who would wear it and that I didn't bother to check if I was right; if this makes no sense then I'm probably wrong.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thespartanb345t: Great post. How do you think this statement lines up with Ross's statement in Civil War about Hulk and Thor being walking nukes?

Avatar image for asgardianweapon
asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

By "light up a continent" Tony might have meant to blow it up, like when he says "Light em up Rhodey" and then War Machine carpet bombs a whole area

He could also mean to output the energy that is equal to the output of a continent decreasing the feat a lot.

Even then this was when the gaulet was not being used.it is a enourmous feat for thanos doesnt matter how you see it.

I mean yeah we know the snap was not planetery in output, but many of the gems have being sayd to be in this level: aether,power gem, space gem etc...

Makes the light up a continet a lot belieaveble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The light up a continent line is to the energies just flowing through the gauntlet itself before even snapping, we see Hulk, Tony and Thanos all in pain when they first were it but only Thanos doesn’t get burned and can tank it and continue to use it from there on in.

Remember Thanos second “snap” was also destroying the gems them self and not a normal usage, Rocket was able to trace the energy signature from planets away whatever that means for the feat lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d39a38bf2071
deactivated-5d39a38bf2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darksied, since he has the omega effect that allows him to dimension hop he could escape to another dimension before his body is completely turned to ash. Also anyone with a mother box that knows how to use it could do the same thing, but most people wouldnt be able to escape quickly with it.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk can do it. His damage wasn't incredible and that was when he took too long to snap because he wanted to get Natasha back.

If he was to quickly snap twice he would survive but not have a very functional arm.

In the DCEU we have Doomsday, Superman and other adapted Kryptonians who can do it.

Jordan1Kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I can only think of two, and they’re both very big maybe’s.

Doomsday, and Captain Marvel. Especially if she goes binary. Her powers were caused because of one of the Stones, and her strength seems to be on a similar level to Thanos.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ede7a8106dc9
deactivated-5ede7a8106dc9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman WOULDN’T be able to do it due to the large amount of Ionizing Gamma radiation. This was explicitly shown in Dawn of Justice where the nukes radiation nearly killed him.

Also light up a continent more than likely means power it. Not to far of a stretch considering the power gem alone could destroy a moon.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday can't

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman WOULDN’T be able to do it due to the large amount of Ionizing Gamma radiation. This was explicitly shown in Dawn of Justice where the nukes radiation nearly killed him.

Also light up a continent more than likely means power it. Not to far of a stretch considering the power gem alone could destroy a moon.

On the other hand Superman was also instantly revived by a little bit of direct sunlight.

If he did the snap during a bright, sunny day he probably wouldn't suffer from radiation poisoning. At least not long enough to actually kill him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor:

Possibly but if he was in the Avengers compound which was completely shielded from Sunlight then that would be an issue.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d489a021333f
deactivated-5d489a021333f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How long between snaps?

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Superman, Zod, Doomsday, Captain Marvel.

Juggerman40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Juggerman40

MCU Celestials.

Avatar image for the-finger-snap
The-Finger-Snap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for the-finger-snap
The-Finger-Snap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday, Captain Marvel, Cyborg?, Ultron?, Vision? And the Kryptonians

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None probably.

Juggerman40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Maybe Superman and Captain Marvel.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday, CM and celestials

Lol at everyone who said Clark.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anybody a few tiers above Hulk, like Thanos was, should be able do it. This should include Superman, Doomsday, Captain Marvel, Hela etc.

I have some doubts on Thor being able to do it twice though because in the MCU, Hulk and Thor are probably on the same tier although Thor would beat Hulk soundly. A healthy Thor could probably do it only once and get gravely injured like Hulk. Endgame Thor was a few pounds overweight. It shouldn't really make him any less durable than a healthy Thor and they clearly said that Thor wouldn't be able to survive even a single snap. I'm willing to give him benefit of the doubt and say that healthy Thor can do it once without dying but suffering massive injuries in the process.

The Stark gauntlet having the power to light up a continent could be a hyperbolic statement unless people want to believe that Hulk channeled that much power through his body. I mean, If only statements are to be taken as truth than DCEU Superman could do it as many times he wants since Batman clearly stated that even his corpse has the power to tank the Mother Box and Cyborg said that he confirmed it through calculations, which makes Superman planetary. I think we shouldn't take these statements as the word of God in every situation. The "light up a continent" statement could also mean that the Gauntlet could channel enough energy to power up a continent at a time. That would be nowhere near continent busting energy.

The gamma radiation emitted by the stones also weren't lethal as many people here like to believe. Humans like Hawkeye and even Rocket was able to be near the gauntlet and survive with no issues. It probably emitted low level of gamma rays that was detected by Hulk and because of that he thought he'd survive the snap since he had already survived a lethal dose of gamma rays before, when he experimented on himself while becoming the Hulk.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only Superman

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday, Clark, Zod. Thats it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deltahuman:

I only think the radiation was a problem when coming into direct contact with Infinity Stones. As we can see the radiation didn’t start doing significant damage until Hulk put on the Gauntlet. Not to mention the snap generated enough energy to be traced to a planet outside of our solar system.

If this was just a large amount of energy being produced by the gauntlet I would say yeah Supes could take it since he is more durable than the Hulk. But giving the emphasis on how much power it generates, ie. being traced to another planet and the powering a continent statement, I would say that it is in fact generating a large amount of radiation and given the fact Supes is vulnerable to ionizing radiation it could do the same thing the nuke did to him.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By deltahuman

@retrometro:

I don't think putting on the gauntlet kicks in so much radiation that it makes even the Hulk wail in pain or else Tony would've instantly died while wielding the gauntlet. I don't know if it's legit or speculation but I've seen certain people claiming that Hulk struggled to put on the gauntlet but Tony didn't because Hulk was trying to bring back Natasha. I don't know if it's true. Nonetheless, I don't think the gamma radiation emitted by the gauntlet will have any drastic effect on Superman. The level of ionizing radiation emitted by an upper atmospheric nuke detonation which is said to have KOed Superman will be of much much higher intensity. It won't be comparable to the gauntlet's radiation.

Also regarding the Avengers being able to track the energy signature of a snap from light years away, It's worth noting that we're talking about fictional satellites and technology that are considerably more sensitive and powerful than real life ones. The humans on earth in the MCU have tech to converse with beings several light years away instantaneously. That's not possible in real life. We don't know how the Avengers detected the snap, what spectrum was analysed or how they did it. It's not possible to speculate or determine the intensity of the energy signature of the snap from that statement at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU: Thanos, Captain Marvel, Hela

DCEU: Probably only Doomsday because of his energy absorption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmonster:

Right. Superman, the guy that was knocked TFO by a nuke, is gonna survive 2 universal level energy surges?

Lmao, please explain.

WhyZoSerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday, Prime Thor, Hela, Hulk and Carol. Can't think of anyone else.

Avatar image for chuggachugga170
chuggachugga170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By chuggachugga170

@luminoushydra: tbh dceu batman can too if he tried his hardest, if he uses the armor since it resisted superman for a bit

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmonster:

Right. Superman, the guy that was knocked TFO by a nuke, is gonna survive 2 universal level energy surges?

Lmao, please explain.

Apart from Captain Marvel, a nuke would disintegrate all of MCU characters. The snap being universal means absolute horseshit, the damage output done to the user is unquantifiable apart from scaling it to Thanos or Hulk himself who are not that impressive.

You're gonna wank city level durability/striking Thor and star level Thor, aren't you? My god.... You know what? Not even gonna bother addressing it in case you're not gonna mention it. Seeing how confident you are about MCU characters being superior to DCEU's, and even implying them to be universal without any shreds of doubt, I'm confident you're one of the star level Thor believer though.

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Captain marvel
  • Cyborg
  • Doomsday
  • Nebula (probably)
  • Superman
kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone who doesnt die from the first snap. Theres no proof it stacks whatsoever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These threads always start off well then the bitter and annoying start to creep in

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3d87c405c1a
deactivated-5d3d87c405c1a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Hulk actually had his regen factor and durability then he could do it... But they had to nerf him into oblivion.

On this topic, shouldn’t the gamma from the gauntlet have amped the Hulk up to insane power levels rather than injure him? This never made much sense to me, seems like they just wanted to handicap the character.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan:

About the snaps meaning "horseshit", keep in mind that they produced enough energy for the Avengers to detect them across space when Thanos snapped the second time.

Well... you just provided the evidence for me. Thor can tank the force of a white dwarf star, and Superman doesn't have feats to put him above that in terms of durability but sure... (and in case you really don't think that Thor's star feat puts him above Superman in terms of durability, here's a calculation of the force he took: https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/mcu-thors-star-feat-calculation.706657/)

IDK why you are so salty. You haven't even explained how Superman could tank the snaps.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Shinne

@wolverinebatmanftw:

About the snaps meaning "horseshit", keep in mind that they produced enough energy for the Avengers to detect them across space when Thanos snapped the second time.

I'm aware of that, but that doesn't say anything about its sheer destructiveness, which is why it's horseshit to me. More like a stupid reasoning to come with that conclusion, I think the statement itself is fine.

Well... you just provided the evidence for me. Thor can tank the force of a white dwarf star, and Superman doesn't have feats to put him above that in terms of durability but sure... (and in case you really don't think that Thor's star feat puts him above Superman in terms of durability, here's a calculation of the force he took: https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/mcu-thors-star-feat-calculation.706657/)

That's Aquatic Pianist, he actually has an account here. I don't see why didn't you post his CV post instead. His last calculation put Thor as a 44 billion tonner if I recall correctly.

So we're talking about the star beam itself? It all depends on how the dyson sphere works, and its limit. Whether it's a star, power stone, nuclear fusion, or any other random energy source at its core, it doesn't really matter. It's about how they're used, and channeled. About it being a stated to be full force of a star, specifically... It's pretty clear that the star didn't run out of energy or actually disappear once its used, since it's implied that it has been used multiple times, so this one is a clear hyperbole to me. This is not really different than taking Superman's heat vision, or Star Fire's full powered energy blast. It's not even quantifiable to begin with since we have nothing to scale from, so I don't believe this calculation, since it involves a LOT of assumptions. I don't even want to argue about its weird, unexplained behaviors that do not resemble a neutron star whatsoever. I mean, if the production team is so lazy that they didn't bother to replicate the way neutron star actually behaves, I don't see why should we assume that it has the same quality as an actual neutron star.

This could also just be massive outliers. Do you actually feel that he was star level when you watch his fight scenes? Most of the times, he looks like a glorified street leveler with a very powerful weapon. It's a similar to street levelers dodging lightning bolts for example, they're usually clear outliers because we never got the same portrayal of speed in a normal condition.

IDK why you are so salty. You haven't even explained how Superman could tank the snaps.

Like I said, the damage output done to the user is unquantifiable apart from scaling it to Thanos or Hulk himself who are not that impressive. Superman should be able to take it, because he has better durability feats than both of them, particularly energy durability feats. Sorry for sounding salty anyway.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@thespartanb345t: @the_hajduk:

Tony's exact quote as I remember it was "The glove is channelling enough energy to light up a continent", and it was delivered as a warning to everyone. This was just the energy channeling through the gauntlet, not the energy emitted from snap.

This could mean two things:

• Power to blow up a continent - which would be far greater than all man-made weapons combined, and I think Tony would have focused much more on the words "blow up".
  • Power to power-up a continent which imo seems more likely. Because "light-up" and "power-up" are used synonymously in many places.

So I think TOny means that if the power flowing through the gauntlet is connected to wires, and fed to the supply chain, it could power-up or "light-up" a continent.

As for hulk surviving the snap, it was specifically mentioned that it was mostly gamma radiation, and Banner was "made for this". Still, as soon as he puts on the glove, he is down on the ground, reeling in pain, his skin seared and even his muscles visible and burning. This level of damage is something Hulk has never seen, it was on the same level or even worse than Thor handling the star beam, which is estimated to be country-to-continental levels ad far worse than how Thor handled sokovia exploding in his face. When we factor in these things, Tony's note does seem consistent.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m confused. Just because snapping the gauntlet can potentially destroy a continent, doesn’t mean that it exerts the same power on the user

TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TheSpartanB345T

@apex_pretador: Like I said, enough energy to light up a continent is so vague that it can't be quantifiable. It could have been hyperbole, and beyond that the actual damage from the gauntlet doesn't really have any correlation to the actual emitted energy.

And there is no way Thanos is continental if things like Iron Man, Spider-Man, Star Lord's blaster, and Drax's knife all cause him to wince or be knocked back.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: agree with a lot of what you said tbh. It’s always gonna be a bit ambiguous though and since they never intend these things to be debated in forums.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Doomsday with ease.

Superman.