Who hits harder, Endgame Thanos or DCEU Superman.

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who hits harder, Endgame Thanos or DCEU Superman. (322 votes)

Superman. 60%
Thanos. 35%
Results. 5%
 • 
Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos' striking is embarassing

Hellespont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Superman.

el-kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelanddcfan24: so drawing blood and knocking out Thor, hulk iron man is emabrassing

Same Thor who can go through scrapper sized ship which no sold reentry like dey were not even Dere,same Thor who took a 2km land mass destructing and only had a bruise

Hulk litterly had 100ft+ building dropped on him and he didn't even feel it

Stark had a 1k ton rock coming at reentry and it didn't keep him down long, yet thanos knocked out all dis guys with 4-10blows and u say his striking feat is embarrassing because marvel doesn't show characters flying 50ft and sonic booms doesn't mean its trash

Not talk to onshotting drax with stood reentry and super sonic slam in a Forrest for over 1km and laughed or putting carol out for 10 seconds with a single throw

baph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman stomps.

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
RampageTheFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman. This ought to be a joke.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only way you could think it's Superman for even half a second is if you ignore basically all the high tier feats in the MCU, Hulk wailing on Thor for an extended period couldn't take him out, Thanos had him bruised and bloody in a handful of hits. Given Hulk alone has better striking feats than Clark this question is dumb as hell.

Jordan1Kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Definitely Thanos. Look at the feats of the opponents he destroyed.

BelmontoBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes sends you flying but doesn't seem like it does much to his opponents. You can see and hear the damage thanos does to his opponents faces.

Lucano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos has beaten oponents that can hit harder than him for many reasons, and none of them are "him, hitting harder". Skill, versatility and others, but not better striking feats. Superman surely has the meaner punch.

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am surprised that people still try to adale high tier DCEU characters to major MCU powerhouses after Thor tanked that star. That feat pretty much tells us how durable the higher level characters are, and how much tougher they are considering that Superman still got knocked by a nuke. I say Thanos because Thanos HAS to hit harder.

Avatar image for darthvaderrocks
darthvaderrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By darthvaderrocks

Two ways of looking at it.

Superman sends people away much farther with his strikes and creates "muh shockwaves".

Thanos on the other hand doesn't do that so we have to view his striking by what it does to his opponents and he's the king in that department. Had Thor bloody in only 3 face shots, broke Hulk's nose with a knee, one casual punch from him scratched Iron Man mask even though later on Iron Man's armor no-sold Mjolnir being whacked by Stormbreaker. No dents or scratches.

So by visually Superman is the better striker. But by feats of actually knocking out/damaging people with good durability Thanos easily.

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@belmontoblitz: maybe just maybe his opponents are just that much durable. He didn't seem to have that problem with steppenwolf

Superman hits slot harder, most of mcu high tiers have blunt force durability on the level of steppenwolf. Thor got heavily damaged by a boulder being thrown into, superman brushed off falling through the top of a mountain and a fall from orbit. Trying to claim his hits not damaging the kryptonians for the mcu guys is extremely faulty logic. For some reason its only when it concerns the mcu that distance doesn't matter

Matthew660

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Matthew660

Not sure tbh. Superman’s punches definitely LOOK stronger. But thanos does more with his punches. Superman seems to just send people flying around and breaking stuff rather than killing/harming them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Visually Superman.

Though I’m voting for Thanos due to his ability to take out opponents quickly or rock them in a few hits notably -

IW :

Not accurate but likely battered Thor at the beginning of IW.

KOs Hulk in a few seconds after being surprise attacked.

Starts to be serious and casually tearing apart MK50.

Not as impressive but can casually oneshot Cap and Black Panther with his suit powered up with energy.

EG:

Batters Thor and rocks him with barely any hits, then KOs him with a kick after grappling.

Can send Cap flying and hurt him by striking his shield which no one? Else has been able to do.

One shot Iron Man with an elbow.

One shot Thor with a headbutt.

One shot Worthy Cap with a grounded punch.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos hits like a toddler by comparison.

Avatar image for captainsweatpan
CaptainSweatpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CaptainSweatpan

This is the same as the Zod vs Thanos striking comparison thread

The people Thanos has stomped if you take their durability feats into consideration is more impressive to me, he effortlessly ripped off Ironmans mask that protected him from a meteor

Superman just hits you far away

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Shinne

Superman, and it's not even close. This lowballing has to stop, Superman is a hero who doesn't kill unless absolutely forced to and his villains are just that durable. Thanos is a ruthless villain who fights live action mid-tiers. Superman would have no problem replicating any of Thanos' striking feats, Captain Marvel would be more comparable to Clark.

Superman's World Engine busting bullrush >>>>>> any of Thanos' striking feat, and he was weakened.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only way you could think it's Superman for even half a second is if you ignore basically all the high tier feats in the MCU, Hulk wailing on Thor for an extended period couldn't take him out, Thanos had him bruised and bloody in a handful of hits. Given Hulk alone has better striking feats than Clark this question is dumb as hell.

Or if we don't wank them like you do.

Not sure tbh. Superman’s punches definitely LOOK stronger. But thanos does more with his punches. Superman seems to just send people flying around and breaking stuff rather than killing/harming them.

He's a hero, not a villain, so duh. Why is it an anti-feat for Superman if his opponents could take his attacks? Zod is supposed to be his equal, and Doomsday is supposed to be superior to him. He was clearly pulling his punches in Justice League, so really, I could never understand this point.

CaptainSweatpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CaptainSweatpan

@lan_fan: Superman going head first into something isn't a striking feat

That would mean Thor casually flying into outsider ships is a better striking feat than Thanos' feats

WhyZoSerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos took numerous punches by Hulk and Thor - they did nothing to him. Thor and Hulk alone got better striking feats than Superman. You got to be deluded by the bad directing of the DCEU to say Superman.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Shinne

@captainsweatpan: Of course it's striking feats, why do you think people think highly of his bullrush? Yes, I think Thor has better striking than Thanos as well. That's supposed to be the thing he excels at.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get why a lot of MCU fanboys are so close minded, and ignorant when it comes to things like this. I don't mean our difference in opinion, I'm referring to the "huh, you think that? You must be a dumb, deluded bigot" kind of behavior. All of these are certainly debatable, and there is nothing wrong with having different opinions on something this subjective and irrelevant. Honestly, you are ruining the experience for everyone who just wants to discuss civilly.

CaptainSweatpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By CaptainSweatpan

@lan_fan: if you think a punch is the same as a bullrush then okay

Okay to thinking Thor strikes harder than Thanos too

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By buildhare

@lan_fan:

don't get why a lot of MCU fanboys are so close minded, and ignorant when it comes to things like this.

Because the alternative is watching the movies with your eyes shut.

I don't mean our difference in opinion, I'm referring to the "huh, you think that? You must be a dumb, deluded bigot" kind of behavior.

Put Hulk's striking feat (you and everyone else knows the one) and Supermans striking feat (you and everyone else also know the one) side by side, one is objectively better in terms of every metric (scale/stopping power/what it actually destroyed). You cannot expect to be taken seriously when you deny that basic reality in favor of posting "Oh how everyone else oppresses my enlightened views with their boorish arguments"-esque garbage. No one should have to deal with that or you throwing a hissy-fit because you resent how weak or powerful a fictional character is portrayed.

Honestly, you are ruining the experience for everyone who just wants to discuss civilly.

All of these threads have been done and recycled many times over the years, any and all points have been touched on. No one is changing their mind and that "civility" is just the pretense to reuse the same debunked shit you and everyone else has been using for years.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainsweatpan: They're different, but both are striking. It's not Superman's fault that Thanos can't bullrush people like Superman can. Flying at hypersonic speed obviously increases striking power by a large margin, and it's mainly why I think he hits harder than Thanos.

Okay to thinking Thor strikes harder than Thanos too

Yep, don't mistake this as me saying Thor can punch harder than Thanos.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos easily he fodderizes characters with better fears than anyone in Dceu

darthvaderrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: Problem with the "flying at hypersonic" thing is while it is true it also isn't really that big of a deal. Comic Superman is hypersonic in combat speed yet objectively 616 Hulk is the better striker on average and definitely by his high end feats. So really it's gonna have to be a bit more than "well he punches at hypersonic speeds so he's obviously the better striker".

This also isn't me saying Superman is worse at striking than Thanos or not btw.

CaptainSweatpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: striking feats have always been punching feats according to my knowledge in this site

When you think of someone striking you what do you think? A punch or someone flying into you?

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Shinne

@buildhare:

Because the alternative is watching the movies with your eyes shut.

Why would I do that? I watched the movies properly, and I came out with my own conclusion, just like you did. I don't see why that's so hard to understand.

Put Hulk's striking feat (you and everyone else knows the one) and Supermans striking feat (you and everyone else also know the one) side by side, one is objectively better in terms of every metric (scale/stopping power/what it actually destroyed)

The leviathan feat? The same leviathan that couldn't dent a car or building when they fell on to them? Hulk's punch didn't even stop the momentum, it was his strength at the end. It doesn't matter if he closed his fist or not. The punch merely knocked its head onto the ground, the rest was just strength feat.

You cannot expect to be taken seriously when you deny that basic reality in favor of posting "Oh how everyone else oppresses my enlightened views with their boorish arguments"-esque garbage.

What are you even talking about? I just wanted to point out that all of you are ignorant bigots, who ironically call other people ignorant bigots for not agreeing with you. It's not about being a victim, it's about calling out your hypocrisy.

There is no such thing as "basic reality" in fictional debate, there's just your garbage close minded attitude.

No one should have to deal with that or you throwing a hissy-fit because you resent how weak or powerful a fictional character is portrayed.

This particular post has nothing to do with our opinions on this topic, it's about your childish, immature behavior.

All of these threads have been done and recycled many times over the years, any and all points have been touched on. No one is changing their mind and that "civility" is just the pretense to reuse the same debunked shit you and everyone else has been using for years.

After all those years of debating, is it hard to respect other people's opinion instead of calling everyone who disagrees with you as ignorant?

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: striking feats have always been punching feats according to my knowledge in this site

When you think of someone striking you what do you think? A punch or someone flying into you?

That entirely depends on the character of course. I just think of their best striking feat, whether it's bullrush, kick, headbutt, or regular punch.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Shinne

@darthvaderrocks:

Problem with the "flying at hypersonic" thing is while it is true it also isn't really that big of a deal. Comic Superman is hypersonic in combat speed yet objectively 616 Hulk is the better striker on average and definitely by his high end feats. So really it's gonna have to be a bit more than "well he punches at hypersonic speeds so he's obviously the better striker".

Depends on which version of these characters, I guess? Of course, I don't think like that. Speed obviously increases one's striking power, but I won't discredit other characters striking feat because they cannot punch at that speed.

This also isn't me saying Superman is worse at striking than Thanos or not btw.

I understand.

CaptainSweatpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: if you were to search what is striking and check out threads where striking feats are being compared and videos you'll see that your opinion of taking bullrushes into consideration probably wrong

Does Superman not have enough punching feats to only use those?

Escrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you look at visual stuff like shockwaves and other eye candies, then Superman.

If you actually looked at feats and scaling like a logical person, then Thanos.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainsweatpan: I don't think I've ever seen that type of logic until now, honestly. It's certainly an interesting view.

Nearly all of Superman's striking are backed by the momentum of his flight, all I can think of right now is him staggering Diana, and punching Arthur, which are not that impressive. I also think of Nam-Ek and Faora who knocked out Superman with 2 slam attacks, a kick, and a punch. Those are not Superman though, they're obviously better at doing that kind of stuff than a farm boy, which is why he had to rely to his flight and heat vision to win.

darthvaderrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By darthvaderrocks

@lan_fan: For Superman and Hulk? Superman's always been consistently hypersonic in combat to my knowledge except maybe back in 70's and stuff when they didn't care about consistency at all. And as far as their striking in regards to versions of their characters (comic wise), Hulk doesn't have a reboot or something like Superman and 90% of the DC does. Immortal Hulk right now is basically the same Hulk that's always been around. So even his dumb feats like punching time itself (I think?) still happened. Superman is a bit more complicated because he's been rebooted and does have versions that aren't the same. Maybe only pre-crisis Superman was a better striker than Hulk but you'd have to really look at his high end feats rather than than consistent one's because he was inconsistent.

But for the rest of your comment understandable and I would agree.

CaptainSweatpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: check out the definition of striking someone and other threads

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainsweatpan: In my head, I usually go with this definition.

Come into forcible contact with...

I don't think this matters anyway. Don't you think bullrush is a viable physical striking tool for Superman to use in a fight? I don't see why it should be ignored. Agree to disagree, this isn't an important debate.

CaptainSweatpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: no debate on comicvine is important

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LuminousHydra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By LuminousHydra

Imagine unironically thinking that Thanos, who cant kill Cap with mere punches, hits harder than Supes.

Lord_Titan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos' striking is embarassing

Sad but true, his comic counterpart launches his opponents across space on a test match

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@luminoushydra: I don't think he cared about killing Cap... That's like downplaying Superman because his backhand didn't kill Batman. They both obviously can do better than that.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I swear, there was a thread with this premise like a month or two ago...

LuminousHydra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: Thanos was bloodlusted in the Endgame final fight. He literally slices a wizard in half during that fight without a second thought.

He later punches a laying down cap and all it does is knock him out, not outright kill him. If Thanos had Superman-level striking power and were bloodlusted, he'd have no issues turning cap into paste.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reactor said:

I swear, there was a thread with this premise like a month or two ago...

That was Zod, lol.

@lan_fan: Thanos was bloodlusted in the Endgame final fight. He literally slices a wizard in half during that fight without a second thought.

He later punches a laying down cap and all it does is knock him out, not outright kill him. If Thanos had Superman-level striking power and were bloodlusted, he'd have no issues turning cap into paste.

Hmmmm, hard to argue with that. I still think he can do better than that though.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matthew660: because Superman opponents are seemingly more durable against blunt force.

darthvaderrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@luminoushydra: Thanos never sliced the wizard in half. He used the blunt part of his sword to hit him, not the sharp part.

And Cap had Thor's physicals when Thanos hit him.