Who has the faster live action combat speed/reaction times, CW or MCU?

• 179 results
Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who has the faster live action combat speed/reaction times, CW or MCU? (135 votes)

CW 65%
MCU 35%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

MCU Restrictions

• All canon sources
  • No one above Thor
  • No speedsters

CW Restrictions

• Street level only
  • All canon sources
  • No speedsters

Which verse has faster feats?

• 
TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Green Arrow solos

liqmidiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My boy Ollie is pretty good at reacting to stuff. Loki has arrow catching feats but that's it, overall I would give the edge to CW, but it's not a stomp, MCU has aim dodgers too.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean. CW has multiple speedsters who have some pretty insane reaction time and combat speed feats when they aren't made into jobbers.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This whole thing is really stupid. This is like saying DCEU dead shot can lift more than MCU captain marvel just because captain marvel hasn't made an appearance but you can pretty much guarantee that won't be the case.

Shazam99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

liqmidiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saberscar223: He can. She hasn't shown any feats yet. Lol. That's just how it works. MCU is a different universe from 616 so there's no reason to think that just cause they are really strong there, they're strong here as well. We determine power levels by feats. Otherwise MCU Thor would have been looked at as someone powerful and not a joke lol

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liqmidiq: so MCU black widow is officially stronger than DCEU black Adam and Shazam.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@liqmidiq: so MCU black widow is officially stronger than DCEU black Adam and Shazam.

yes

he just said until they get feats we can't say anything about their strength, except they probably will be stronger when they get feats

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saberscar223:

Those characters don't really exist yet as they haven't had an appearance. That's kind of a silly comparison to try to make.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Street Levellers CW, they have more street levellers who can react to arrows and the like.

Go up a bit and it's MCU with people like Iron Man and SW reacting to things way faster than that.

Obviously CW's speedsters are faster.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: just like saying just because we haven't seen Spider-Man catch an arrow doesn't mean he can't.

Shazam99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: just like saying just because we haven't seen Spider-Man catch an arrow doesn't mean he can't.

Except we have no evidence Spidey can catch an arrow right now. We go by feats. And Oliver's speed feats are better than anyone except Quicksilver/Yo-Yo in the MCU.

That's like saying that just because DCEU Superman hasn't shattered a moon doesn't mean he can't. That's technically true, and based on other media adaptations, but there's no evidence to suggest he can in-universe.

Maybe Spidey'll be faster by Homecoming, but right now he doesn't have the feats.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shazam99: I really think you should listen to your self. Say outloud green arrow has better reflexes than Spider-Man.

TheWorthyThor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CW Oliver Queen has the best reflex feats of any street leveler/peak human from either universe, and it's not even close.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shazam99: I do understand what you are saying though but it just doesn't make sense. We know what his basic power set is we may not know the limit but you guys are making it sound like you'd bet money that arrow has better reflexes. Hell I could probably do what arrow did with enough practice.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shazam99: I really think you should listen to your self. Say outloud green arrow has better reflexes than Spider-Man.

Say out loud that Superman is stronger than Thanos. Not true in comic book, but completely true when comparing DCEU Clark with MCU Thanos. And yes, Green Arrow does have better reflexes than Spiderman until and unless shown otherwise.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: Ok guys I think it's ridiculous to think Spider-Man doesn't have fast reflexes. Just because I haven't got an a plane and went to Asia doesn't mean I don't have the ability to. But I'll hush up now sorry for seeming a fool.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't there a scan of MCU Spider-Man dodging bullets from an official tie in comic?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't there a scan of MCU Spider-Man dodging bullets from an official tie in comic?

Yes. He was aim dodging though. And Falcon is not best of the shots.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for don_higashikata
Don_Higashikata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: @saberscar223: @DammeFavour: @thesuperor: @liqmidiq: @shazam99: @theworthythor:

Would it be possible to get some feats posted? Some links to high end feats would be nice. I can get around to making gifs of them eventually

I was hoping we could compile all the feats in one place to directly compare them

No, of course it's not possible. You dare claim that VineForce Ollie doesn't have FTL+ reactions, and couldn't stomp movie Ozymandias, MCU Daredevil and DCEU Batman all at the same time? You dare?!?!?!?!?! It's common knowledge!!!!

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:
@uugieboogie said:

How can you tell he was aim dodging?

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll say CW because of crossover Savage and Steel.

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll say CW because of crossover Savage and Steel.

I think Steel's very far above street-level, but Savage is a good point.

If Ollie doesn't solo this, which I think he certainly does, Vandal should no question.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:
@uugieboogie said:

How can you tell he was aim dodging?

That's the default assumption unless the scan says otherwise.

TheBeigeArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Savitar71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CW Oliver Queen has the best reflex feats of any street leveler/peak human from either universe, and it's not even close.

Definitely this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: how can you call something aim dodging if the person isn't even looking at the shooter?

They literally drew SM with his eyes turned away from Falcon while flipping around automatic/rocket launcher fire

No Caption Provided

Also Falcon is not a bad shot

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for captaincanada37
CaptainCanada37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think anyone but the MCU speedsters can even match Oliver. So I geuss he solos this pretty easily.

That's without Vandal Savage, who's even faster. I'd also put Damien Darhk and Prometheus above anyone in the MCU but the speedsters.

If we went beyond street-levelers Steel, Ragman, Firestorm, Grodd, Dr Light, and many others are much faster. Then obviously most of the CW Speedsters are infinitely faster than anyone in the MCU, including their speedsters. Though both these scenarios are off-topic.

Overall, CW Street-Levelers are faster than anyone in the MCU but speedsters by a good degree.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Saberscar223

My god Oliver is overrated I don't remember when Oliver became a speedster but sh*t I guess he is the fastest man alive. I wonder if the writers purposely focused on his reaction time just for comic vine

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@webinyoureye11: Peter is swinging and Sam is missing. You don't have to look at shooter to aim dodge.

As for Sam, he's pretty unimpressive when compared to other live action shooters. Tagging a stationary guy with an Uzi is not impressive at all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

Peter is swinging and Sam is missing. You don't have to look at shooter to aim dodge.

What if the bullets on the right were shot first when Pete was closest to Falcon, and the shots from the left were bullets fired after Pete made it more to the right of the panel?

I feel like those should be considered after images, cause it's not like they are drawing those for everyone

As for Sam, he's pretty unimpressive when compared to other live action shooters. Tagging a stationary guy with an Uzi is not impressive at all.

His target may have been stationary, but Sam wasn't. I don't recall many people drawing while turning, and hitting a target all in about a second, while also flying backwards

(edit) watching it again, the guy Falson shot was moving

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Green Arrow. He reacted to Flash so he is as fast as him GG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@webinyoureye11:

What if the bullets on the right were shot first when Pete was closest to Falcon, and the shots from the left were bullets fired after Pete made it more to the right of the panel?

I feel like those should be considered after images, cause it's not like they are drawing those for everyone

That's a whole lot of speculation. It possible that Peter could have been bullet timing, but its not a confirmation.

His target may have been stationary, but Sam wasn't. I don't recall many people drawing while turning, and hitting a target all in about a second, while also flying backwards

And here both Sam and his target was moving. And pretty unpredictably.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: so if both Sam and his target are moving unpredictability, wouldn't hitting him be an accuracy feat?

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: so if both Sam and his target are moving unpredictability, wouldn't hitting him be an accuracy feat?

Yeah, but I don't remember Sam ever hitting anyone as agile as Peter.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Saberscar223

@rbt: he punched ant man when he was ant size in mid air so hard he turned back big I don't think anyone else has done that.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By RBT

@rbt: he punched ant man when he was ant size in mid air so hard he turned back big I don't think anyone else has done that.

I am pretty sure he had a tech helping him track Scott.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saberscar223:

Different adaptations have different abilities. Spiderman from the comics is a LOT faster than Spiderman from "Spiderman and his Amazing Friends". Batman from the DCAU is a far better fighter than Batman from Dark Knight. The Joker from The Batman was a high end martial artist that could go toe to toe with Batman thanks to his inhuman strength, but the Joker is rarely portrayed as a major physical threat.

Judging a character's abilities purely based on what they've done in other mediums is completely illogical. Different verse, different feats, different rules. Therefore we have to assume the character can do what they've shown they are capable of, and anything they have not shown is not something they can do until proven otherwise.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: still you would have to react and punch pretty fast to catch something that small even if you can see it. Try punching a fly that's buzzing around

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: so right now you don't believe Spider-Man can catch an arrow or bullet time and that is beyond his ability?

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saberscar223:

I am pretty sure we've seen him dodging bullets in the trailers but I can't recall. If he hasn't then no, I do not believe he can do something he's never shown to be able to do.

Do you believe Superfriends Aquaman can perform all the feats his comic counterpart can do?

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: well I'm not comparing him to his comic book counterpart now. But in context we've heard him say that his senses have been dialed to 11 and he dodges a sighn from behind that Bucky threw. Just because we haven't seen superman lift a Ford Focus specifically doesn't mean he can't.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MetalJimmor

@saberscar223:

Then that's an entirely different situation. If Spiderman has feats comparable to catching an arrow then obviously he can. But you can't say he is any faster than that until we see him move faster than that.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: still you would have to react and punch pretty fast to catch something that small even if you can see it. Try punching a fly that's buzzing around

I am pretty sure catching an arrow is more impressive than swatting a fly with vision assistance.