Who has the better rouges gallery Spider-Man or superman

• 56 results
Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who has the better rouges gallery Spider-Man or superman (71 votes)

Superman rouges gallery 31%
Spider-Mans rogues gallery 70%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man stomps, although a properly written Lex Luthor solos Peter's entire Rouge's Gallery in awesomeness.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

There are 3 heroes, IMHO, with great rogues galleries. Batman, Flash and Spider-man. Superman falls into the next tier. Luthor, Doomsday and Brainiac can compare with Spidey's rogues, but none of the others can.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey by far.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer Superman's.

Rockette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman has the more powerful roster overall, imo.

Spidey has the most diverse roster of the two.

I think Spider-Man gets my vote this time.

Venom, Scorpion, Vulture, Shocker, Electro, Mysterio, Doc Ock, etc.

Too many good ones.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Yassassin

Lex is enough.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter stomps

LordWhiskers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes for me.

Avatar image for general_disarray
General_Disarray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

supes rogues are good but spidey's are better imo

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lord-Parallax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Lord-Parallax

I can't decide.

On one hand, Darkseid, Doomsday and Hank Henshaw.

On the other, Green Goblin, Venom and Carnage.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider's.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By destinyman75

Most powerful Superman

Coolest Spiderman

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Gotoucanario

I like them both for different reasons

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey. His baddies are only 2nd to Batman imo

Super_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Super_ninja

Spidey.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man, especially with Venom, Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, and Carnage.

Bardockdiaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bardockdiaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman easily, Brainiac, lex luthor and Bizarro are far more known than any spiderman villain.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey' s and it's not even close.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Between the two, I'll say Spider-Man. But, Batman definitely has a better rogue gallery.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By just_sayin

Spider-man has the better overall rogues gallery,

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey easily

Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness said:

@manwhohaseverything: Doomsday isn't a top 3 Superman villain, he's not even a character, he's a plot device.

Yeah..I can see why folks say that, but IMHO, that's not true, or even close to true.Seems I'm in the minority so far, but a plot device is something used to advance the story and nothing else. For example if a detective is looking for the bad-guys hangout, but can't find it, than some guy comes up and says "pssst, buddy, for a price I can give you the info you need." This info allows the detective to find the bad-guy hang-out and advance the story. The guy that gave the info and is never heard from again, than he is a plot device. Doomsday going on a rampage is providing Superman an antagonist to his protagonist role. That makes him a character. I'd also say if you're going to define plot device as something that merely gives the main character something to do, than all villains in comics are plot devices.

quantum-savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman. I feel like his is more exclusive to him than most or Superman's. Like Spiderman has Lizard, Green Goblin, Mystereo,Vulture,Venom/Carnage,Doc Ock etc etc etc. All to himself for the most part. But Superman's RG usually aren't coming just for him, like Darkseid, Braniac etc are coming for the Planet more than just him

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Gracetrack

You know, I used to think Spider-Man had the second best rogues gallery of any superhero... and I would've laughed if someone said Superman's rogues were better... but, over the years I've really grown to appreciate Supes' villains a lot more, to the point where I think I actually prefer them over Spidey's now. Both have some great villains, but Superman's just resonate with me more these days.

Revive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man.

Bardockdiaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The only hero who has a better rogues gallery than Spider-Man is the Batman. In my mind, it's Batman then Spider-Man and finally The Flash. After that, all other heroes' galleries blur together in quality and infamy.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

FangDaNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man has a lot more in terms of number of well written villains. Superman has third best written villain of all time after Joker and Magneto...But, clearly Spider-Man still amount of in depth rouges trumps what Supes has.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man on average though Lex is far better than any of them individually.

rahiem9123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man better villains

Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:
@ready_4_madness said:

@manwhohaseverything: Doomsday isn't a top 3 Superman villain, he's not even a character, he's a plot device.

No Caption Provided

Yeah..I can see why folks say that, but IMHO, that's not true, or even close to true.Seems I'm in the minority so far, but a plot device is something used to advance the story and nothing else. For example if a detective is looking for the bad-guys hangout, but can't find it, than some guy comes up and says "pssst, buddy, for a price I can give you the info you need." This info allows the detective to find the bad-guy hang-out and advance the story. The guy that gave the info and is never heard from again, than he is a plot device. Doomsday going on a rampage is providing Superman an antagonist to his protagonist role. That makes him a character. I'd also say if you're going to define plot device as something that merely gives the main character something to do, than all villains in comics are plot devices.

Sigh.at least KNOW what a plot device is folks.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manwhohaseverything:

He's only there to kill superman and advance the plot to Superman being dead, therefore he is in fact a plot device. His sole creation to a means to and end. When you write a story a plot device doesn't have to help the protagonist it actually can be something that weakens them. Kyptonite is a plot device, its conveniently weakens Superman so that writers can make Superman vulnerable. There's a long list of different types of plot devices. Doomsday isn't a fully well fleshed out character with a whole lot of depth. DC wanted to kill superman and tell a story of Superman being dead, but didn't want to deal with the complications of a villain having actually killed Superman and the amount of sh**storm that would rain down on that villains head if he actually killed off the world's most beloved hero.

Blacksmith_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know, I used to think Spider-Man had the second best rogues gallery of any superhero... and I would've laughed if someone said Superman's rogues were better... but, over the years I've really grown to appreciate Supes' villains a lot more, to the point where I think I actually prefer them over Spidey's now. But have some great villains, but Superman's just resonate with me more these days.

^This

Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@manwhohaseverything:

He's only there to kill superman and advance the plot to Superman being dead, therefore he is in fact a plot device. His sole creation to a means to and end. When you write a story a plot device doesn't have to help the protagonist it actually can be something that weakens them. Kyptonite is a plot device, its conveniently weakens Superman so that writers can make Superman vulnerable. There's a long list of different types of plot devices. Doomsday isn't a fully well fleshed out character with a whole lot of depth. DC wanted to kill superman and tell a story of Superman being dead, but didn't want to deal with the complications of a villain having actually killed Superman and the amount of sh**storm that would rain down on that villains head if he actually killed off the world's most beloved hero.

Have to disagree. (BTW, thanks for disagreeing civily) To me, plot device has a very specific meaning and neither Doomsday or Kryptonite qualify. To be a plot device means to move the plot and do nothing else. Doomsday killing Superman was the result of the story, not the plot of the story. Plots aren't defined as merely "what the story is about." It's the events that make up the story. So the plot of the Original "Superman dies" story wasn't "Doomsday Kills Superman" It's Doomsday crashing on earth, rampaging and when the JLA fails to stop him , Superman intervenes and fights him in battle that leads to the death of both combatants. The "plot device" in that storyline was really the JLA. Why did Superman have to fight Doomsday one-on-one? Because of the failure of the JLA to stop him. Granted that's why Doomsday was created but he didn't "advance the plot" of Superman being dead. He was the means to the end, but since the story couldn't be a 3 page story of Doomsday fights Superman and they die, they needed to come up with ways to make that happen through a series of events. A plot device is there to get a story from point A to point B. Simply put: If something is a major part of the story, it, by definition can't be a plot device. It's part of the plot, of course, but not a device. Devices show up and disappear, that's what makes them devices. If it's there at the end of the story, it's not a plot device. By the definition folks in this thread are using Superman is a plot device, because the only reason he was in that storyline was to die. In fact, every hero in every story isn't a character but rather a "plot device" by the definitions folks are using here. Why was Spider-Man in the "Gwen Stacy's Death" storyline? He was there to advance the "plot" of Gwen dying by not rescuing her in time. He's a plot device! Of course, Gwen Dies was not the plot of the story) How well "fleshed out" the character is, is irrelevant. (FWIW, I think the original Doomsday was pretty well fleshed out in "Hunter/Prey". New Doomsday, not as much.) Now I agree Kryptonite is a gimmick, but to me that's different from a plot device.

JasonBourne_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman has a more epic and powerful rogues gallery than Spidey. Luthor is only good when written well. I prefer Brainiac, Darkseid, Lobo and Faora to most Spidey villains. Not to put Spidey down bc his rogues is awesome too.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By modernww2fare

Superman