Who has the best rogues gallery?

• 53 results
NerdAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who has the best rogues gallery? (104 votes)

Batman 32%
Spiderman 29%
Superman 4%
Fantastic 4 4%
Avengers 3%
X-Men 12%
Green Lantern 3%
The Flash 7%
Daredevil 2%
Wonder Woman 1%
Aquaemane 0%
Other/Results 5%

Who do you think has the best rogues gallery? Please explain why in comments. My vote goes to Batman, Fantastic 4 being second.

• 
kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By kiba

Bats

Spidy

Xmen

Supes

NerdAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By NerdAttack

@kiba Which one of the 4 you chose would be your top one? And why?

Avatar image for celestialarcher
CelestialArcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say Spidey.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@kiba said:

Bats

Spidy

Xmen

Supes

Flash villains > Superman villains.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

Titans.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman>Flash>Spider-Man

GladeusEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman has the best retinue of villains. They all embody something man struggles with elevated to the highest, which makes them instantly more relatable and detestable at the same time. Better yet, is when they have motives that actually resonate like Mr Freeze and Poison Ivy.

X-Men come next, as they were regular people given powers. The sheer diversity of overall backgrounds is remarkable for both their heroes and villains, and they naturally make team interesting teams, especially when they work there powers in unison. Magneto goes down as one of the most iconic, potent and compelling villains of all time.

There really isn't a third for me, though Thor's Asgardian threats across the nine realm would probably the next.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The X-Men.

BabyDarkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bats

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Superman or Spiderman for me.

exav3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By exav3n

while Batman is the obvious choice i feel like Green Lantern is often overlooked

Sinestro, Atrocitus, Black Hand, Larfleeze, Nekron, Parallax, Krona, Star Sapphire, Manhunters, Grayven, Relic, Arkillo, Bleez, Volthoom, Lyssa Drak

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-men, when they are used correctly.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Batman and Spider-Man have the best villains. X-Men would be third best.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Batman, Spider-Man & the X-Men without question.

Wonder-Woman and Aquaman probably have the least developed, least interesting rogues i've ever seen.

thebustman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash then batman and finally spider-man

Avatar image for deactivated-6021b09dd509c
deactivated-6021b09dd509c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers have a large array of Rogues from Loki , Thanos , Red Skull to Doc Doom and Ultron , so them followed by Batsy , Flash , Spiderman and X-Men.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Only Ultron is actual Avengers villain from that list.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57
deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bats and Hal Jordan.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf
deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spiderman stomps

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man

X-Men

Batman

Fantastic Four

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Supermanforever

1. Batman

2. Superman close second

3. Spider man close third

4. Lantern villains.

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

Only Ultron is actual Avengers villain from that list.

Even Ultron is technically a Hank Pym villain first and an Avengers villain second.

Blaredevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil and GL

Mr_FudgePacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman, this isn't even up for debate.

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 the_wspanialy  Online

Batman for reasons stated in previous posts.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

My list is totally subjective. It's what I like the most.

1. Spider-man and The Flash
  2. Green Lantern
  3. Fantastic Four
  4. Avengers
  5. Batman
  6. X-Men
  7. Superman
  8. Daredevil
  9. Wonder Woman
  10. Aquaman
destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman and Spiderman afe gives other then that.

Thor

Hal Jordan

Wonder woman

Superman

Silver surfer

Fantastic Four

Avengers

JLA

X-men

BornToLose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Men.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Bruce>F4>Superman>The Flash

I don't care about the rest

NerdAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay! So far, Batman and Spider-Man are destroying the polls. I wanna know out of these two, who has the best rogues gallery of all time?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman > Spidey ... > the rest

Avatar image for deactivated-59c2e274d52ff
deactivated-59c2e274d52ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thats a hard one really.

i think batman has more complex villians but spidermans ones has a more emotional connection.i mean joker for sure like a villian is great the opposide of batman.on the other hand we has the green goblin aka norman osborn a dangerous man even without the serum that really was a menace even for the avengers he also has a double life one like a father and a rich man and one liks villian just like spidey on top of that he is the dad of spiderman best friend.there many more good villians from both character but i will go with spidey cuz his one are more relatable and intersting for me.so the order

1 spidey

2batman

3supes(just really cool to watch them and lex is very intersting)

4x-men (magneto apocalypse and humans at all)

5 daredevil(yeah he has many cheassy villians)

6flash(the most colourful of all)

7green lanter(sinestro is awesome)

8 finally fantastic 4(their villians are somekinda threat for everybody so they dont really have owns)

NerdAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paolodonchev: Hey, I thought your point was very interesting. You said Spidey has a more emotional connection to his villains. You then gave the example of the Green Goblin... Let me think of a few more... The Lizard (Such a weak emotional connection, it's literally just one of his teachers, doesn't really count), Venom (A dude he screwed over accidentally, not exactly emotional..), please name some more or give an argument for a few... Let me give you a list of emotional connected villains for Batman...

Two-Face, they were friends and Batman saw himself in Harvey Dent, when he saw how Harvey was corrupted he looked back at himself. (I'm not a fan of this character tbh)

Ra's Al Ghul, oh come on! Norman Osborn versus Ra's... Norman was his best friend's dad, and the secondary father figure for Spidey. While Ra's trained Batman, became his teacher, his father, and his life. Bruce had to stick to his morals to fight this man he so dearly respected.

Catwoman, you can argue she isn't a villain... but she commonly is. She has such an emotional connection to Batman that even though he knows she's a villain he still loves her.

Black Mask, an extremely in layered and underrated character, me explaining his backstory wouldn't do the character justice.

Hush, an old friend of Bruce's as a child, lots of complex things happened, where he then became one of his greatest rogues.

Red Hood, his old apprentice turned villain.

These are just a few, and I would say each one of these has more of an emotional connection to Bruce, then Green Goblin has to Spidey, with the possible exception of Two-Face. However Two-Face isn't a good villain because of his emotional connection to Batman. Also, just having an emotional connection doesn't necessarily make a character a good or bad villain. Venom and Doc Ock are both great villains without having an emotional connection. As well as The Joker, Bane, Poison Ivy, Mr Freeze, Scarecrow, The Riddler, Harley Quinn, Hugo Strange, The Penguin, etc, etc.

Heretic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man.

Avatar image for emperorxhadesx420
EmperorxHadesx420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The average person wouldn't even know who Green goblin is. Lol. Bats and Supes stomps hard!

GonnaGetThat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man.

Avatar image for masterskywalker
MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers and GL.

Echo221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Genuinely like Superman's. Only fault I can see in his rouges gallery is about 3-4 of their designs are just evil versions of him.

BlindingLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man, imo.

Avatar image for deactivated-5caa8c47e8598
deactivated-5caa8c47e8598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man villains > Batman villains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdattack: hey!I completly agree that the emotional connection dont make a good villain but IMO makes him alot more intersting and give alot more the superhero itself.Maybe i said it wrong maybe personal connection suits alot more than emotional to spidey.Look at venom litteraly a villian created by peter parker and spiderman himself all that hate and anger only for spidey so idk but that in my opinion is a personal connection or maybe emotional and thats only in 616 in the ultimate universe they were even closer.For lizard he is not only his teacher he is even one of his friends later spidey always felt that connection between them and he always try to do his best to save him from himself.Kinda same with the jackal(the man that created the clones)but there the connection is kinda weaker for me but still that obsession with gwen and spidey(im not a big fan of him).For dock ock ohh i will bring one not so famous story for a time he was dating aunt may he was litteraly like his father for that time but i suppose that dont count.You said about green goblin i just wanna say that there is alot more connection with spidey here cuz he is not only somekinda his father but after issue 50 they knows each other identities so that makes the thing even harder for peter he cant kill his best friend dad that really bring another level of pressure IMO.i said for Norman now i need to say about harry litteraly peters best friend becomes his biggest enemy its really emotional for both i can say more but i dont think theres a need.You said bout catwoman so i know that balck cat is her copy but the connection feels the same but i dont think that theyre both can be consider like a villians.

there are so many more like manace even elektro sometimes and others but now i only can think about these.how i said i respect you opinion for jason ras but still i think the connection in spidermans comics is bigger.Nearly 50% of spideys villians are connected to peter parker in some kind.But how you said that dont make a good villian and thats not the only reason i prefer spidermans villians.Most of them start like a good person like peter itself but the difference is that he will always has his responsibly.Like elektro for example.Some just arent capable to handle that responsibly like the lizard (i mention him alot ??)he isnt a bad man too even he is good person with family that that stupid lizard part tears apart.Same with dock ock.Even sand man has some good moments.i respect batmans villians really how i said theyre alot more complex and theyre very intersting too.Two face the joker the penguin the riddler every has something to offer to batman.For this i place them second.But for me the spidermans villians are alot more realatable like spiderman himself.but thats all my opinion i respect your???.have a nice day!?

NerdAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paolodonchev: You made some decent points. I happen to be a huge fan of both Spider-Man and Batman (Spider-Man is my favourite superhero). However, it's hard to deny Batman has the greatest rogues.

You never argued against any of the Batman villains I mentioned, except for Catwoman.

Catwoman and Black Cat are not the same. Catwoman is often considered and shown to be a villain (90% of the time). Black Cat is much much less so! With being a villain 10% of the time and an anti-hero or hero 90%.

Harry Osborn, Green Goblin, Doc Ock, The Lizard, Venom, Hobgoblin, Alistair Smythe, Scorpion. Those are the villains I can think of that have some connection. With Harry, Green Goblin, Doc Ock, The Lizard, and Venom having real connections. That's 5 villains. Compared to Batman's many many. And you said all Spideys villains have some sort of a connection... well yes... usually a lame one. All of Batman's villains also have a connection to him.

Let's look at the different relatableness... Green Goblin who can possibly relate to him? Harry... yes! My favourite Spidey Villain. Doc Ock... Relatable I think not. The Lizard, yes relatable in a Wolfman kind of way. Venom, very relatable, my second favourite Spidey villain, the rest... are D class villains. So from that list id say 2 are relatable.

Let's compare this to Batman's rogues: The Joker, our desire for chaos, everyone has thought of what it's like to be in a zombie apocalypse, we do this to imagine a scenario where there was no order. The Joker acts the same way, but in modern society. Two-Face, showing how people are multi-layered and that even the greatest of hearts can be corrupted. Catwoman, relatable to us because we see things we want but know we shouldn't have. Ra's al Ghul, I desire for order in our own image. Black Mask and Hush, the jealousy of non equal outcome. Red Hood, to show that even if we make the right decisions bad things can still happen. Those are just to name a few. I could go on. Overall i'd say there are at least 25-40 SOLID Batman villains. While Spidey has about 6-14.

Crimz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Crimz

I'm basing it on likelihood of people at least knowing who the majority of them are:

1. Batman's

2. Spider-Man's

3.Flash/Fantastic four's

Personally:

1. Fantastic Four's

2. Batman's

3. Spider-Man's

The Fantastic Four's gallery are so good that they are used often by other characters. While Batman's are iconic outside of comics too.

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Batman's

Spaceace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who's Aquaemane?

Puny_Banner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdattack: How i said everybody has an opinion and thats really normal.I completly understand why you prefer batmans villians really many people do like many people prefer spidermans too or even xmens or fantastic four.Its comon that the battles is between spiderman and batman both are great both has very good villians but everybody has different taste.You like batmans rogues more i like spidermans more.Even i think spideys wins the poll right now but that really doesnt matter cuz that cant say which has better villians.I see why you like them but that does not means that i must like them too.For example i ever liked ras or penguin or even catwoman or bane.There are spideys villians that i dont like too like for example shoker or black cat and some others. Just they arent so intersting in my eyes.Ras want to world to be in his own image,ok i understand his motives but i dont finds it intriguing really many villians want the same IMO.Most of the batmans villians have mental issues even not so clear they have.For example two face a guy with litteraly two faces who decide everything with a flip of a coin ,he is cool yeah one of my favorite batmans villian but come on where in the streat you can see a person like this i know he has a reasons to do this but idk i cant imagine someone like that.I know that its impossible too to see a human size lizard in the streats or a little fat man with metal tentacles but at least they work like a real villians.Batmans villians are cool really and really intersting but thats only cuz nearly everyone has some mental issues how i said two face zzas calendar man the Ventriloquist i can go on and on cuz there are so many of them.I know that they looks scary but with the time you see that they arent so good or at least i do.A man that kills only in the hollydays i dont find it so intersting really.The writer always try to make the batmans villians so comlex and thats the problem imo cuz in the end theyrent even humans.I dont feels them as a humans as a real people i know that there are some people in the real world like them probably but come on thats not normal a normal person do not think like them.Even if i has a reason why i will kills only in the hollydays really thats my opinion.thats my personal preference.

I cant say that spieys villians are perfect too.I agree that there are many d list villians and overall very silly one in his rogues gallery.But at least they are people IMO.In my opinion the spideys villians motives are more normal possible and relatable.we all feels hate for someone and sometimes we really want to beat the crap out of that person but we just dont have the power even spidey sometimes feels it (when the goblin kills gwen he want to kill him) or oppurtunity just like eddie brock who found that power and we see what he do.Thats alot more normal and real to me than a man shich life depends of one coin.i know that spidey has some really complex villians too like kraven for example who really looks like a batmans villian he is cool really it really intersting to see ONE villian in ONE or TWO storylines in the spideys world really just makes thing fresh and he isnt that comlex.If any batman villian was complex would be perfect but theyre not, some are but not anybody.

you wanted to say some relatable spidermans villians ok.Many of the spideys villians are just thung and gons and i dont really think thats a bad thing i mean the bad people in the real world are thung too so that make him alot more realistic than batmans crazys one.they all overall are very simple like most of the people in the world they think like thief.Even morlun who is not even a human has a pretty realisctic and relatable reason to being bad he just wants to eat nothing more just like the nature itself.Simple and clear nothing more represents a real thing in many ways.Sand man a thief a thung when he found his power he use them for robbing banks and stuff many of us probably will do the same thing but with the time he starts to want to change that.Again simple and just realistic what a normal person would do and the change its just a sing that he grows up like a character.They are villians but they are humans in the same time that the reason i like spideys ones more they are like peter a human but a superhero.Even the hate of eddie which was even bosted from the simbiote didnt last so long cuz like in the real world.there are many more example like vulture elektro and others if you want i can say more reason why i prefer spideys but i feel like i fone enough.But how i said i see why you liked the batmans more really i do i agree you made some good point really i respect them just our opinion arent equal and thats even a good thing.Its good to see someone with different opinion on some sudject with some really good point!!:D