• 61 results
Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who has superior striking power? WODC Superman or FOX Quicksilver (24 votes)

WODC Superman 79%
FOX Quicksilver 21%

Am currently having this discussion in another thread. Wanted to ask the vine to see your answers.

Who punches harder between these two?

• 
Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flat-footed punch? I don't know if Quicksilver has displayed a strike where he wasn't building up momentum.

At 1:00 that's *technically* a punch:

Loading Video...

A punch he continues and the follow-through sends Doomsday into orbit. I don't think Quicksilver did anything like that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@havenless: Any type of striking.

Well, escape velocity must exceed 11.5 Km/s to free itself from gravitation forces, or 25,000 miles per hour. This is a very short hand number, but any slower than that, and Superman and Doomsday would have begun falling back to Earth early. Obviously Superman is using his flight to supercede this force, but that flight is happening while his fist is still in contact with Doomsday, implying whatever force he's using to levitate himself is also within the force of the punch.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Superman stomps.

Quicksilver has the speed, but not the mass. By feats, he actually stroke way, way less harder than he should be able to, but a direct evidence like that can't be denied.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_shazam0920: Really? Was this necessary for you to do? All you are going to get is "Superman is stronger than Quicksilver so he punches harder" arguments multiple times from more then one person.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal: I just wanted the opinions of the other Viners. That’s all. I know that I’m not the only crazy one to believe that QS doesn’t have the capacity for a 1,530,000 ton punch. That’s all.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: We are arguing FOX Apoc’s durability. And he was stating that QS was hitting him with 15000000000 newton punches (1,530,000 tons). And I was trying to argue that obviously real life physics don’t apply for that particular scenario.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman, obviously

X

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@lan_fan: The calculated speed of Quicksilver in the scene where the X Mansion was his highest showing of speed. Based on dimensions of the building, explosion speed and the number of times that he was moving in and out of the location, he would be travelling at a speed of 38,595,840 m/s. If we multiply that by the amount of mass in the average hand of a human (406 kg) then we get 15,669,911,040 newtons of force in one punch. I believe that he can punch this hard if he needs to based on his displays of abiding and defying the laws of physics.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Shinne

@mr_shazam0920: Nah, if Quicksilver strikes that hard, even with just a mere gesture from his hand like in his first slow motion scene, the dude's head should've exploded. Plus, he has regular human's durability, so if he stroke Apocalypse that hard, he would've broken his own hand.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal: His power is shown to defy law of physics in multiple occasions though, especially regarding his striking.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Superman obviously. It is pretty clear from watching those FOX movies that Quicksilver doesn't generate anywhere close to as much force supes does

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@lan_fan: He doesn't actually have normal human durability. If he did then he would break his legs by running and catch on fire due to the air friction.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Shinne

@mister_surreal: Exactly why his power defies law of physics, because that should've happened to everyone he rescued on that mansion as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: I was trying to argue that, and his rebuttal was that QS can “choose whether or not to obey the laws of physics”.

We got a pretty nice debate going on in the Apoc replaces Thanos in Titan battle thread if you want to check it out.

Skrskr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@havenless: how are you counting that as a punch? He just flew him upward the whole way.

But Superman has way better striking feats so he wins.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#18  Edited By Supermanthor
Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_shazam0920: @lan_fan:

Loading Video...

This is obeying the laws of physics.

Loading Video...

Everything in this scene has Stephen Hawking turning in his grave.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: The calculated speed of Quicksilver in the scene where the X Mansion was his highest showing of speed. Based on dimensions of the building, explosion speed and the number of times that he was moving in and out of the location, he would be travelling at a speed of 38,595,840 m/s. If we multiply that by the amount of mass in the average hand of a human (406 kg) then we get 15,669,911,040 newtons of force in one punch. I believe that he can punch this hard if he needs to based on his displays of abiding and defying the laws of physics.

But it is countered that even though he is moving this fast, he may not be able to deliver such a punch. If you're on a high speed train, and you stand on top and try and punch a stop sign flying by, your entire hand and arm are likely shattered. Just because you can withstand the force of being on that train in no way implies you can strike a solid object with said force.

Case in point:

At 0:45 seconds, Quicksilver catches Apocalypse unguarded. He is not resisting, blocking, or making any attempt to equalize the force. Quicksilver is only able to knock him about 10 feet, which is consistent with his kitchen scene in DoFP.

Loading Video...

Until proven otherwise, this is the limit of Quicksilver's punching feats. Catching the most volatile foe in X-Men history unguarded, where the only positive result would be to outright kill him. Now Apocalypse is extraordinarily resistant to damage, as these punches would have likely caused your or my heads to explode, but the only way he could have dampened the overall force of the punch is with sheer weight. He would have to weigh millions of pounds for what you say to be accurate, which clearly he doesn't.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: I was trying to argue that, and his rebuttal was that QS can “choose whether or not to obey the laws of physics”.

Yeah, that's horsecrap. Plus, Mystique literally harmed Apocalypse after that, and so did Magneto when his defense was down.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@havenless: This point was made before. I believe that Apocalypse caught his fist by stopping the motion of his fist via manipulating its atoms like he had done before to many different strictures and people.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@lan_fan said:

@mr_shazam0920 said:

Yeah, that's horsecrap. Plus, Mystique literally harmed Apocalypse after that, and so did Magneto when his defense was down.

Hey, be nice. Besides logic of these movies isn't exactly consistent.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@havenless: This point was made before. I believe that Apocalypse caught his fist by stopping the motion of his fist via manipulating its atoms.

No, I'm speaking about every punch before that where Apocalypse had no idea what was happening, and only flew a few feet at most. You didn't even watch the video or read my comment.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@havenless: I did, the matter was that I misunderstood what your point was.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@havenless: I did, the matter was that I misunderstood what your point was.

I do understand your point, and yours is entirely based on guessing that he can do it. I don't believe you can establish a proper feat analysis by assuming tit for tat, especially when Quicksilver has performed feats for tat and they were all considerably lacking.

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:

Superman stomps.

Quicksilver has the speed, but not the mass. By feats, he actually stroke way, way less harder than he should be able to, but a direct evidence like that can't be denied.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@havenless:

Loading Video...

My point wasn't purely based off of guessing, it is actually based off of something that has been demonstrated before. In one seen in the movie Apocalypse destroys and entire city along with the people inhabiting it by using his matter manipulation ability. He not only atomizes the city but also the people inside of it. Which is why there is my theory of him catching Quicksilver's fist by manipulating the atoms in his body.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Shinne

@mister_surreal: Force = acceleration * mass

But I think it's pretty consistent within fiction that they tend to mix up mass with strength. Hence why characters like Hulk can strike really hard without being that fast. That said, characters that are strong and fast at the same time tend to strike harder than their strength suggests. Characters that are all fast but weak also tend to strike way less than they should be able to.

I think this is pretty consistent despite not being inline with real world's physics. The physics of speed is the one thing that gets really messy in fiction, especially when you see a lot of speedsters going mach 50+, punching things at that speed while having normal human durability.

In the end, I still believe that with speed, characters can strike really hard (that's really the way it should go), but that's unless it's contradicted by direct feats, which is absolutely the case for Quicksilver. When he pushes certain things in that speed, even with casual strength, he should've made them explode to pieces with force like that. I'm talking about when he pushed bullets, slapped people, kicked a table, etc.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanthor said:

@mister_surreal: I am sure his mutation gives an extra dubalilty

That is what I believe.

That would also make him more durable than DCEU Superman, MCU Thor and Hulk. Do you really believe that as well?

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: nope we never said he was that durable but he has something within his power sets that allows him to tun this fast without any harm

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@lan_fan: I understand what you mean, but he is actually very still inconsistent. He has shown that he is able to shatter what we can assume is maxi glass by vibrating his hands at a high enough frequency. He shortly afterwards shows that he is able to send gaurds flying by running past them. Later on, he knocks a man out by poking his cheek. Then he comepletley forgets evething when it’s convenient for the plot of the script. Based of what happened in Days of Future Past, he should have killed everyone in the X Mansion. I think he either has PIS feats when it comes to speed or that he is able to bend the laws of physics the way he chooses to.

Avatar image for deactivated-61215780523f9
deactivated-61215780523f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman.

QS doesn't punch with the amount of power you would expect him to have, given his speed.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@lan_fan: @supermanthor: There are mutants who can teleport, control the weather, blast seemingly impossible amounts of energy from their bodies and call upon comics forces that give them power beyond comprehension. It isn’t crazy to believe that Quicksilver has something that allows him to defy the laws of physics.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Shinne

@supermanthor said:

@lan_fan: nope we never said he was that durable but he has something within his power sets that allows him to tun this fast without any harm

Doesn't matter if stated or not. If his limb is durable enough to punch something at mach 11.000+, he's automatically more durable than any of those 3 characters I mentioned. Remember when Mr. Surreal said " Quicksilver produces 15,669,911,040 newtons of force in one punch"? Yeah, his hand needs to withstand the same impact.

@mister_surreal said:

@lan_fan: I understand what you mean, but he is actually very still inconsistent. He has shown that he is able to shatter what we can assume is maxi glass by vibrating his hands at a high enough frequency. He shortly afterwards shows that he is able to send gaurds flying by running past them. Later on, he knocks a man out by poking his cheek.

Still, that's ridiculously tame compared to what his speed suggests. Like way, way below the destruction he should've made at that kind of speed, whether he actually went all out or not.

I think carrying things or people in super speed without harming them is common in fiction. But I'm talking about his actual striking feats where he pushed, kicked and slapped things.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: look here genius unlike some other superheroes mutants are born with super powers so there is really not a logical explanation how powers work it's just way it is . It's there mutation that give them Powers

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanthor: That doesn't explain shit. If it's not logical then why are you calculating his striking power the logical way?

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Supermanthor

@lan_fan: I never calculated anything read carefully then talk

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanthor: Then why are you here? Aren't we supposed to be debating Superman vs Quicksilver's striking power?

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Supermanthor

@lan_fan: I am talking with another guy you are replied first

plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He never was that durable!

Loading Video...

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Supermanthor
plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@plotweapon16255: did I said anything different ?

Ur saying he can produce more force then his body can handle!

Where apocalypse disagrees!

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@plotweapon16255: no man I am referring why unlike flash he isn't have a clear explanation on why he doesn't harm him self when running fast where I said it maybe something to do with his secondary mutation