Who has more heroic properties MCU Iron Man or DCEU Superman

• 66 results
Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who has more heroic properties MCU Iron Man or DCEU Superman (90 votes)

Iron Man 56%
Superman 41%
Results 3%

Who shows better acts of heroism and selflessness

• 
Malzahaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony.

He's a man who has every and risks it all to save a bunch of people who seemingly hate him for no reason, he's also just a human.

I don't consider Superman as "heroic" he's insanely powerful of he didn't use that power for good he'd just be a asshole.

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Superman literally sacrificed his life to save the same people who rejected him so , I guess you know the obvious answer

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman. He's a man who's spent his whole life putting the needs of others before his own, and has never developed an ego while doing it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7 krisbishop  Moderator

Well Superman literally sacrificed his life to save the same people who rejected him so , I guess you know the obvious answer

Superman. He's a man who's spent his whole life putting the needs of others before his own, and has never developed an ego while doing it.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 anthp2000  Moderator

Clark is more heroic.

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark risked his own life against Doomsday while Tony created Ultron.

Avatar image for deactivated-61215780523f9
deactivated-61215780523f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, 2008 Tony was a bit of a tw@t and had few heroic properties during that time, but he is shown to have improved on this trait a whole lot by the time Thanos shows up. In fact he went from an arrogant asshole to someone who was willing to sacrifice himself for the well being the the universe.

Based off of their two most recent movies, I'd say they're roughly even. The fact that Tony slowly went through a change from 2008 to 2018 does make him more interesting though imo.

Avatar image for deactivated-62aed95594e07
deactivated-62aed95594e07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman.

Voice_of_Death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Richubs

The argument that Supes sacrificed himself isn't good enough because Tony did that too in Avengers.

When he went through that wormhole he had accepted his death.

After Avengers his only mission was to save the world from any future threats. In Iron Man 1 you could see how he was affected when he was hearing the news about the survivors and refugees.

Even though Tony was initially an ass in Iron Man 1 his character changed drastically and he was now a proper hero.

I'm not saying Supes is not its just that when he's fighting he's too oblivious of what he's doing to his surroundings.

Tony however tries to save everyone and even though he acts like he doesn't care, he does care.

In terms of what we have seen in the movies so far I'd say Tony but they could probably be equally heroic after more DCEU movies come out.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

#15  Edited By KrleAvenger

The one who's not a reckless and depressed city-buster with lack of confidence.

The only reason why Tony wanted to create Ultron is to protect the world, which by itself is better than most Live Action heroes who just jump in when the danger comes instead of trying to rid the world of danger completely. Superman giving up his life to beat Doomsday is no different than sending a nuke into blackness of space unknown to us. Superman sticks out more just because he died, and his death was so forced, it doesn't even make a difference.

IchiNiSanji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC's superman barely has a consistent character.

He's just.... there, as a superpowered plot device.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Shinne

Superman, duh. Literally killed the last of his own kind for humanity, not afraid to give his life if it means saving humanity. He's not even one of them for god sake!

Bear in mind that he did all of those despite the fact that humanity hated Superman, they wanted him gone, even after the military arrested him for no reason and freaking nuked him after. That's after they saved them over and over again. Why did he get all these hates? Because of his identity? Because he protected earth from Zod? He still didn't lose his way to protect this planet (even sacrificed his life twice) after all of that.

Even after being confronted by a guy like Batman (who beat him up pretty badly) and Lex Luthor (who kidnapped his mother and made a monster out of a kryptonian). What did he do to them? He protected them, saved them, sacrificed his life for them. That's called selflessness and heroism.

I don't think Tony would stay on the right path if he got the same treatment as Superman. He wanted to stop becoming a hero just because Avengers got bad rep after they destroyed a building? Gimme a break. This isn't even remotely close.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Saberscar223

I’m just going to say the scene where tony helped the guy who crashed in IW made me vote him. How often in these movies do we see the heroes stop what they are doing to help something like a random car accident when aliens are invading.

IceHeart_30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even though Tony is egoistic there is no way he could turn into tyrant like Superman did in possible future.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Shinne

@iceheart_30 said:

Even though Tony is egoistic there is no way he could turn into tyrant like Superman did in possible future.

If you or I were Superman, we'd probably went tyrant right after MoS. There's no way ordinary people would protect Lex Luthor from his own creation after all the things he did or help the dude that just beat us up and sacrifice our life to people who mocked and nuked us. Think about it.

Tony never got this kind of treatment from humanity.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m just going to say the scene where tony helped the guy who crashed in IW made me vote him. How often in these movies do we see the heroes stop what they are doing to help something like a random car accident when aliens are invading.

Thankfully, Tony had allies to handle the aliens while he was doing these kind of things. Superman didn't have any, it was 3 aliens vs 1.....

Gamer-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superman has properties?

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Saberscar223

@lan_fan:

Well even so it was nice to see him helping out random people in a moment like that

Also When Iron Man saved Peter Parker during the Hammeroid Attack In I2 he didn’t have allies and was outnumbered but he still helped out the kid.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Shinne

@saberscar223: Superman was saving soldiers, who were shooting at him in the same battle.

What Tony did was nice but very few people are more selfless than Superman.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: yeah and even my Peter example wasn’t really what I’m saying. If the Villian you are fighting is about to kill someone you expect the hero to try and save them. But tony seeing a car accident completely indirectly caused by the Villians is just something I loved to see. It was tony helping out a random Joe Shmoe who needed help and really had nothing to do with who tony was facing.

Clark did have some good moments like the fire in BvS and the beginning of man of steel though.

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCEU Supes is no different from a device now and whose sole purpose is to provide feats for his fanboys to wank the living s**t out of him. Iron Man on the other hand is an actual character

Malzahaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Tony.

The only argument people are making for Clark is something Tony does in most of the movies he's in.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Shinne

@malzahaar: Yeah, did you see how Superman protected Lex after everything that he did? Wasn't that a selfless act? Look at how Tony reacted to brainwashed Bucky killing his parents. Sure, he was reacting like a normal human would, but Superman is more than that.

I'm pretty sure IM wouldn't be a hero if the people hated him like they hated Superman. Tony seems like a smart guy who wants to do the right thing, but Superman is outright selfless.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Saberscar223

@lan_fan: Did you see how Superman reacted when he just saw pictures of his mom in distress.

There is no doubt in my mind he would have slaughtered Lex if he was shown a video of Lex Strangling His Mom to death.

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Gokluma

@saberscar223: No offense Sabercar223 but i have to agree with Lan fan and tell me could Tony stark ever handle someone powerful as zod,faora & nam-ek as a team in any film without the Avengers even after US military try to shoot him or still trying to help others even after the loss of million people was killed by lex's suicide bomb.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: Did you see how Superman reacted when he just saw pictures of his mom in distress.

There is no doubt in my mind he would have slaughtered Lex if he was shown a video of Lex Strangling His Mom to death.

Yeah, he didn't kill him.

I agree, but the difference is, Tony's case already happened a long time ago, and the fact that Bucky was brainwashed also matters a lot.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokluma: Bringing power levels isn’t fair Superman is FAR more powerful than iron man. And Iron Man fought his best friends because he wanted to make sure people didn’t get hurt because of the avengers.

He stopped his Whole weapon operation because he saw how it killed innocents even when everyone else was against him doing that.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By deltahuman

The correct answer is, Both are heroic. But Superman has always been heroic and good. Tony was a maniac until Civil War.

Tony was a egoist eccentric person who did stuff only for him. Up until Civil War, he was a flawed character. Now he's reformed. He seems to know what his purpose is. He is certainly very heroic now.

Superman has always been good. He didn't hesitate for a second to destroy his own people just to let earth live. He was unstoppable and could've created a Kryptonian utopia over here on Earth. And the argument that he doesn't save people is wrong. He saves people all the time. Watch MOS and BVS closely. It's just that due to his power set, and the people he fights, there's more collateral damage.

This is not even an argument when you consider the fact that Tony didn't even hesitate to create Ultron and didn't ask the team. The world came close to global extinction. Superman has almost single handedly saved the world from global extinction thrice now. He killed his own people to save the world the first time. He sacrificed his own life for people who dragged him to court and maligned him the second time. And he didn't hesitate to join the third time after being brought back from the dead a few moments before.

People will find every reason to hate Superman because he's not as grounded as Tony is, because he is a God among men. But he has always been heroic and self sacrificing. Tony was a egoist maniac who almost killed the entire human race and almost killed an innocent war criminal up until Civil War.

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Gokluma

@saberscar223: I know just saying Superman always one who risked his life against many foes like highly trained aliens was from his species & an adapting monster and did many heroic deeds would even impress MCU heroes.

Didn't Tony create Ultron aka a villain who nearly killed so many people?

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voted tony but someone pointed out that Superman killed his race for humanity i think that's sacrifice

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don’t think the killing his own race argument is worth that much. He was raised on earth and humans are basically all he grew up around. The only Kryptonians he met were dicks who wanted to destroy earth for themselves if he joined them or helped them in any way he’d be a straight up villian.

Now if he tried to help them find another planet to live on or something like that then that’d be a whole League of heroic but him stopping them was his only option unless he wanted earth destroyed and stopping them meant destroying his race.

That’s like saying Goku should have joined raditz and destroyed earth because that’s his brother.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very similar as they both have it all and are ready to throw it all away for the common good

Superman is actually a little more heroic as he helps whenever there is a tragedy and Tony has this inner complex that its his job to save the world and hes the only one who can

ironbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

Avatar image for deactivated-5b4b7f5b5385c
deactivated-5b4b7f5b5385c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony sacrificed himself to take out the Chitauri, and again to save Strange. He's all about protecting Earth, even Steve Rogers called him Earth's Greatest Defender.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Superman. He is motivated simply because he is a good guy. Tony is motivated because of his ego... like the reason he starts doing heroic things in Afghanistan is because his name happens to be on the weapons everyone uses.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman, there would be that one feat that Tony wanted to sacrifice himself to save the city but Superman was the exact same case under the idea that people were resenting him/trying to kill him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8a3b8a2f17f
deactivated-5b8a3b8a2f17f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Avatar image for deactivated-6081fb94189dc
deactivated-6081fb94189dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malzahaar: Powerful doesn't mean that isn't heroic.

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By macleen

Superman by a mile. Ironman saves humans because he has to. Initially it was to clean up his/ his father's legacy but slowly began saving the world because otherwise he'd be dead.

In Ironman 1, he turned a new leaf after realizing his weapons were killing a lot of people. IM 2 he was a dick about it and decided to privatize world peace(basically interfering with world politics). IM 3 he had ptsd after doing something that wasn't for his own benefit( nuke scene) and he was so f***** up he came close to ending the world himself. In civil war he realized his blunders and pretty much step down a notch by relinquishing his ability to save people to the whims of the government.

Superman on the other hand is an alien, he also doesn't have to expose himself to a world which as he grew up in, he knew they would reject and fear him. Also pretty much all the threats he's faced he had a choice to save humanity or destroy them(at the very least help). And with that much power he chose the former. That's about as heroic as it gets, not to mention it took his death for the humans to actually accept him unlike IM they pretty much accepted him from the start.

I highly doubt Ironman could handle what SM did. One saved the world while being loved by them while the other was hated to the point where he got bombed/ protested/nuked by the very same people that he had no reason to help.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Superman, Tony often mentions how he saved the world, Superman never does that. Superman didn't want to kill Zod after he killed so many people in Metropolis, Superman killed the last of his kind in order to save humans, he sacrificed himself to stop Doomsday. Tony also uses his suit to party and also braggs about his suit, whereas Superman made a separate identity to keep people safe that he knew. Iron Man just told everyone and even gave terrorists the address to his house. So the clear answer is Superman.