• 178 results
Posted by Gamer-Guy (3354 posts) 10 months, 25 days ago

Poll: who has better piercing durability thor (IW) or superman (DCEU) (72 votes)

thor he was casually surfing on the rings of Nidavellir 32%
superman he took high calibre bullets without a scratch 68%
#1 Posted by thanosii (3131 posts) - - Show Bio

Eqaul but Thor has regen

#2 Posted by Amcu (16612 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor hasn't clearly tanked bullets. But if you consider him tanking the crystal shards at the edge of the Bifrost beam as piercing than they are at worst equal.

#3 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1931 posts) - - Show Bio

SUPERMAN DID NOT BLEED ONCE BY NON-KRYPTONITE WEAPON

nuff' said.

People keep forgetting this. No non-kryptonian ever made made the man of steel bleed.... hell, even his grooming is perfectly fine after every battle.

#4 Posted by BruceVeidt (3570 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman tanked heavy machinery 50 cal. bullets without a single scratch.

Thor got stabbed with a tiny knife by Loki.

#5 Posted by Batman242 (11520 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman edges out here. I don't see how they're equal, although I admit Thor has went up against more other worldly objects.

#6 Posted by Amcu (16612 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never understood the tiny knife thing. If a weapon can cut you it can cut you. Weather it's a tiny knife doesn't seem relevant to me.

#7 Posted by DammeFavour (8335 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman easily. Thor doesn't have much in piercing resistance feats

#8 Posted by incursion2 (1925 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruceveidt: He also was stabbed multiple times by Hela but was still fighting...

#9 Posted by Batman242 (11520 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:

I've never understood the tiny knife thing. If a weapon can cut you it can cut you. Weather it's a tiny knife doesn't seem relevant to me.

Don't know how relevant it is, but bullets work to that effect. Just because you tank a 20mm round does not mean you can withstand a 30mm.

#10 Posted by BruceVeidt (3570 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:

Because being pierced by a tiny thing at an arms reach is bad piercing durability. Didn't even have momentum.

#11 Posted by BruceVeidt (3570 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruceveidt: He also was stabbed multiple times by Hela but was still fighting...

I know, but still got stabbed.

Regen or HF is not what we're arguing here.

#12 Posted by Farkam (12025 posts) - - Show Bio

The guy who couldn't accidentally get killed by Sif :P

#13 Posted by Amcu (16612 posts) - - Show Bio

Because being pierced by a tiny thing at an arms reach is bad piercing durability. Didn't even have momentum.

It's likely a special blade. But my main point was the "tiny knife" thing. The size of the blade simply doesn't seem relevant to me. Being cut by a tiny knife isn't different than being cut by a large sword. It's just that one will do more damage due to being larger.

And I don't see how such a feat can be bad. We have no clue what kinda knife that was or what it's capabilities are. It would make sense for Loki to use weapons that can hurt his brother. Otherwise why even fight him.

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
#14 Posted by DarkPsychicLord_Prime (4076 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll have to see the Nidavellir feat again, but i'm thinking Superman for now.

#15 Posted by Heatforce (6149 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I want to say Superman but Thor did get an upgrade soo I dunno. Pre- Rangarok Thor got pierced by Loki's asgardian knife while it took Doomsday to pierce a weakened superman with his bone spear. Maybe they are about the same post-raganrok?

#16 Posted by macleen (3426 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman, Thor has been cut by things Superman wouldn't believe was possible.

#17 Posted by RBT (27754 posts) - - Show Bio

How is this even a question? Superman. Not close.

#18 Posted by BruceVeidt (3570 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:
@bruceveidt said:

It's likely a special blade. But my main point was the "tiny knife" thing. The size of the blade simply doesn't seem relevant to me. Being cut by a tiny knife isn't different than being cut by a large sword. It's just that one will do more damage due to being larger.

And I don't see how such a feat can be bad. We have no clue what kinda knife that was or what it's capabilities are. It would make sense for Loki to use weapons that can hurt his brother. Otherwise why even fight him.

Yup i get your point. And yeah, that was maybe a blade made of some special metal.

But then again, we're speculating here. Superman on the other hand, was only ever pierced by a kryptonite spear.

#19 Edited by Worldofthunder (5055 posts) - - Show Bio

There's only blunt force durability in which Clark has a ridiculously large superiority in. Clark has all around better durability than Thor.

#20 Posted by Amcu (16612 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruceveidt: Yeah I`m just not sure how we can use that feat when we know don't have any way to know how impressive or unimpressive that is blade is. That's why I don't consider it.

#21 Posted by BruceVeidt (3570 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:

@bruceveidt: Yeah I`m just not sure how we can use that feat when we know don't have any way to know how impressive or unimpressive that is blade is. That's why I don't consider it.

Ok

#22 Posted by Rebake (3943 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruceveidt: Can you prove the knife is unimpressive though? It's alien weaponry. Size doesn't necessarily make something more or less deadly.

#23 Posted by MoTM (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

This isn't even a question, the guy that can stand and tank high caliber bullets has better piercing durability than someone who dove behind desks like a civilian.

Superman.

#24 Posted by BruceVeidt (3570 posts) - - Show Bio

@rebake said:

@bruceveidt: Can you prove the knife is unimpressive though? It's alien weaponry. Size doesn't necessarily make something more or less deadly.

But being alien weaponry doesn't automatically make it an uber-strong/resistant metal either.

#25 Posted by Rebake (3943 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by BruceVeidt (3570 posts) - - Show Bio

@rebake said:

@bruceveidt: never said that

I know. But isn't that the implied argument? That it pierced Thor because it's alien weaponry (therefore it must be far stronger than any Earth metal).

I mean, he got pierced from like 20cm away. There's not enough lenght for the blade to build up momentum. And as far as i remember, Thor has never shown any kind of piercing resistance. So Loki's knife being just an ordinary knife isn't that far from being true.

#27 Posted by strangetales (1731 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruceveidt: I haven't seen AoS myself but I have heard plenty of times people talking about the superiority of asgardian weapons and armor so I don't know why people still talk about this Loki knife stab thing as being unimpressive. Apparently it was show asgarian armor to withstand conventional earth ammunitions but being pierced by asgardian weapons(swords or something iirc)

OT: superman and I don't know why someone needed to ask the question

#28 Posted by BruceVeidt (3570 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruceveidt: I haven't seen AoS myself but I have heard plenty of times people talking about the superiority of asgardian weapons and armor so I don't know why people still talk about this Loki knife stab thing as being unimpressive. Apparently it was show asgarian armor to withstand conventional earth ammunitions but being pierced by asgardian weapons(swords or something iirc)

OT: superman and I don't know why someone needed to ask the question

I have seen a couple seasons but i don't recall hearing that.

Still, IIRC, Thor has never shown piercing resistance to ordinary bullets, or ordinary Earth weaponry (as in taking a shot or a stab to the flesh and tanking it) for us to say he was stabbed by Loki only because that was Asgardian weaponry, and not because he just doesn't have piercing resistance.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#29 Edited by buttersdaman000 (22718 posts) - - Show Bio

@motm said:

This isn't even a question, the guy that can stand and tank high caliber bullets has better piercing durability than someone who dove behind desks like a civilian.

Superman.

#30 Posted by DrPepperMan (6288 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

#31 Posted by Rebake (3943 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruceveidt: you compared it to bullets earlier. I'm just saying that doesn't work. Use a better comparison.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
#32 Posted by TheSpartanB345T (3989 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman tanked heavy machinery 50 cal. bullets without a single scratch.

Thor got stabbed with a tiny knife by Loki.

Do you know how bullets work?

Those weren't 50 cal, and definitely not a BMG.

#33 Edited by TheyCallMeBT (1019 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor got stabbed by an ASGARDIAN knife, keyword A S.G.A.R.D.I.A.N. Why in the world would a natural unmodified person of a certain race be immune to a weapon made by that race?

It was shown in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. that earthly knifes can't even penetrate a working class everyday Asgardian's skin. So it's clear that Asgardian weaponry is much tougher than earthly versions.

By the way, people bring up the fact that Thor dove behind that desk are forgetting A. Thor was weakened from Odin's dark energy in The Avengers and B. Since when does dodging something automatically means it can hurt you? Thor is a warrior dodging should be instinctual, he also dodged normal Iron Man's punches and we see in the very next scene they can't hurt him.

#34 Posted by jashugan (6262 posts) - - Show Bio

@theycallmebt: characters are immune to things made by their own race.

#35 Edited by TheyCallMeBT (1019 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still leaning towards Superman, but to be honest he hasn't come up against the odd things Thor has. Superman has only faced convential earthly piercing weapons, we don't know how he would fair against piercing weapons made by similarly powerful beings.

#36 Posted by TheyCallMeBT (1019 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan: Not naturally though, there are super powered humans who are immune to human weapons but only after being experimented on and given super powers.

Thor is a natural unmodified member of his race, also Asgardian weapons are literally made to harm exceptionally powerful beings. Earthly weapons are made to harm humans and animals.

#37 Edited by TheyCallMeBT (1019 posts) - - Show Bio

But Thor has no piercing durability feats...…..

Holler at me when a bullet can decapitate a 60 foot fire dragon.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

#38 Posted by DammeFavour (8335 posts) - - Show Bio

@theycallmebt: don't know if you're aware but only the initial impact has a cutting effect. We literally seen fodder asgardians run through the bifrost while it was still on

#39 Edited by jashugan (6262 posts) - - Show Bio

@theycallmebt: very naturally. Thor is special amongst his race, has always been.

What are these gifs supposed to mean?

#40 Edited by TheyCallMeBT (1019 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour: They ran through the Bifrost while it was dropping them off, Thor has also thrown his weapons while being dropped off. Clearly there's resistance when Hela is holding against the Bifrost, there was no such resistance when the Asgardians were running through the Bifrost.

Look at those shards hitting Thor, those weren't evident when the Asgardians were exiting the Bifrost. Also Asgardian warriors should have decent piercing durability, an average working class Asgardian is immune to being pierced by earthly knives.

#41 Posted by TheyCallMeBT (1019 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan: In the comics his mother is Gaea, in the MCU his mother is Frigga he's 100% Asgardian in the films.

I never said he wasn't special, I said he was "natural" and hasn't been experimented on.

#42 Posted by jashugan (6262 posts) - - Show Bio

@theycallmebt: being experimented on isn't the only way to gain powers in fiction and be "immune" to weapons of their race

#43 Posted by Zepta_Pon (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

@theycallmebt:

Loki is not an Asgardian. The Bifrost wall almost acts like Thor's lightning cloak, it only affects fodders.

No Caption Provided

#44 Posted by titing2101 (1205 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki knife is different. Watch AOS. Damn that argument.

#45 Posted by macleen (3426 posts) - - Show Bio

@theycallmebt:

Loki is not an Asgardian. The Bifrost wall almost acts like Thor's lightning cloak, it only affects fodders.

No Caption Provided

lmao

#46 Posted by Transformaa (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

How's this even debatable?..Superman tanked 30mm and .50cal bullets to the face while Thor jumped from gun fire twice..!

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
#47 Posted by plotweapon16255 (7686 posts) - - Show Bio

How's this even debatable?..Superman tanked 30mm and .50cal bullets to the face while Thor jumped from gun fire twice..!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c30485311cf6
#48 Posted by deactivated-5c30485311cf6 (1211 posts) - - Show Bio

How's this even debatable? Thor tanked the bifrost beam shards that decapitated Surtur's dragon. Now, feats for .50 cal bullets again?

No Caption Provided

#49 Posted by Transformaa (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

@bleidd: Loki tanked the same beam lol..get real son

Avatar image for deactivated-5c30485311cf6
#50 Edited by deactivated-5c30485311cf6 (1211 posts) - - Show Bio

@transformaa said:

@bleidd: Loki tanked the same beam lol..get real son

So what? That's a durability feat for Loki, not an anti-feat for Thor. Try again son.