Posted by Morgatu (308 posts) 3 months, 15 days ago

Poll: Who has better comics: Justice League or The Avengers? (38 votes)

Justice League 63%
The Avengers 37%

I vote Justice League because of runs by Grant Morrison, Mark Waid and Geoff Johns.

#1 Posted by BruceRogers (17297 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally prefer the Avengers, especially the older stories. But that's just me.

#2 Posted by Supermanthor (18671 posts) - - Show Bio

AVENGERS FOR ME

#3 Edited by LawCol (710 posts) - - Show Bio

That one is impossible for me to choose since it changes based on how I feel. Avengers feels more connected to their world and history. While Justice League stories have a timelessness about them. So if I'm in the mood for some quick and action packed reading, then I'll grab a Justice League arc. However, if I want something more interconnected with other comic books (and usually having cross overs) often with a hint of politics, then I'll read Avengers.

#4 Posted by Voice_of_Death (639 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League in my opinion, Grant Morrison's work is legendary.

#5 Edited by biswaboxz (3642 posts) - - Show Bio

Well most(majority or almost all lol) of my favorite characters came from Avengers . There are some really good runs from 2000s , like Bendis's as well as Hickman's run . Therefore by default Avengers comics for now . Otherwise as far as I heard from good readers , general consensus is JLA . I have only read Morrison's run , it has been really good run but I was having difficulties to comprehend Morrison's ideas and concepts and my lack cognition for many DC characters has created more problems for me tbh .

#6 Posted by Morgatu (308 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Michaelbn (2350 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League had much better and more stories than Avengers, it had better writers and artists. Before 2000's X-men was the team of Marvel not Avengers.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#8 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (15801 posts) - - Show Bio

JL

#9 Posted by Tyger (2824 posts) - - Show Bio

Having been reading both on and off since the 80's, and reading back issues and trades after that, I am going to say it really depends on the writing. not just the writer, but also what the writer is allowed to do or required to do by editorial dictate. (The latter of which can save or destroy a run.)

#10 Posted by Morgatu (308 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#11 Posted by Lan_Fan (13072 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Supermanthor (18671 posts) - - Show Bio

I made a similar poll but also added x men and .... Well 90 % guys voted for mutants

#13 Posted by godzilla44 (7354 posts) - - Show Bio

JL easily imo.

#14 Posted by Michaelbn (2350 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanthor: Because pre-2000's X-men was a lot better than JLA and Avengers combined.

#15 Posted by Supermanthor (18671 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by kroczilla (1817 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice league imho

#17 Posted by MAZAHS117 (12525 posts) - - Show Bio

I’ve always preferred JLA stuff personally.

#18 Edited by RabumAlal (4956 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like old Avengers stories, and I feel like the modern stuff is better than JL until Rebirth. New 52 JL by Johns was pretty good imo with ups and downs. Current Avengers (any team post Secret Wars) is really all over the place and terribly written tho.

#19 Edited by Helloman (29574 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League.

#20 Edited by Gracetrack (4638 posts) - - Show Bio

Currently? I'm only reading current Justice League, so I can't say. That said, Snyder and Tynion's run has been great so far and keeps getting better. I will say, I didn't care much for the first issue of Aaron's Avengers. Not sure if it got any better.

All time? Gotta go with JLA thanks to Morrison and Waid.

#21 Posted by XLR87T3 (9817 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmao

#22 Posted by rahiem9123 (1562 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League

#23 Posted by Voice_of_Death (639 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like old Avengers stories, and I feel like the modern stuff is better than JL until Rebirth. New 52 JL by Johns was pretty good imo with ups and downs. Current Avengers (any team post Secret Wars) is really all over the place and terribly written tho.

Well said, Aaron's writing isn't doing any justice to the avengers, which is why I stopped reading them.

#24 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16108 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers for me

#25 Edited by Blackdog2009 (3737 posts) - - Show Bio

no competition... The Justice League is … leagues above.

#26 Edited by Mister_Surreal (10088 posts) - - Show Bio

Currently it would be Avengers for me.

#27 Edited by Havenless (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League is historically DC’s strongest book. Avengers is arguably one of Marvel’s weakest before the movies. X-Men has been better for a few decades, some of the X-Men spinoffs like Wolverine/Cable/X-Factor, Spider-Man, I even have preferred FF to Avengers. It’s part of the reason they killed them off with Onslaught and tried to start fresh.