Who has better comics: Hulk or Fantastic Four?

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Ghostodoofus2  Online

Poll Who has better comics: Hulk or Fantastic Four? (20 votes)

Hulk 55%
F4 45%
 • 
takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 takenstew22  Moderator

I enjoy Hulk more. Also can't help but feel sorry for both Banner and Hulk when they get into all sorts of trouble and don't want any harm.

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both are pretty hit and miss tbh. I enjoyed hulk more when I was younger and enjoy f4 more as an adult

Avatar image for deactivated-61bb614177c44
deactivated-61bb614177c44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk from what i recall.

Avatar image for sar_annihilator
SAR_Annihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

F4 for me.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk i think.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e9d095c91dd
deactivated-60e9d095c91dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk

Avatar image for bardadwondergal
BardaDWonderGal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonathan Hickman's F4>>> any hulk book I have personally read including immortal hulk

Combo-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Combo-Man

Both have maintained a pretty high standard over the years. I think the two titles offer something different, FF is at it's best when it's not messing with the Lee & Kirby formula too much, whereas Hulk's comics have really had more of a journey where they've been reinvented for each new era.

all of the classic FF runs (with the exception of Byrne's run) Lee & Kirby, Roy Thomas & John Buscema, Roy Thomas & George Perez, Marv Wolfman & Kieth Pollard, Tom DeFalco & Paul Ryan were all great because they preserved the identity of FF but still told new adventures. it was like a show that ran for 40 years with the same cast.

Hulk doesn't have the same feeling of continuity that FF had but that's what makes it great, Hulk comics have been kept fresh because Marvel were not afraid to make changes. each decade Hulk comics would incorporate ideas from other genres ranging from horror to sword & sorcery never abandoning it's original concept but building upon it.

Stan Lee's 60s Hulk was a pulp-sci-fi comic about top secret tests, aliens and government espionage. in the early to mid 70s Roy Thomas and others included themes of space adventure into Hulk's comic, introducing important aspects in Hulk's world such as K'ai and Jarella it also presented Hulk as a monster comic with giant Godzilla-sized monsters such as Klaatu or Betty transforming into Harpy or simply epic fights between Hulk and the Abomination or Hulk and Wendigo. in the late 70s Roger Stern introduced more mature ideas about philosophy and psychology which have remained a hallmark of Hulk as a character to this day. in the 80s Bill Mantlo's run introduced Sword & Sorcery into Hulk's comics with the Crossroads story arc. in the late 80s-90s Peter David's run introduced horror, humor, explored the Hulk-family aspect of Hulk comics and expanded on the psychological themes.

I will have to say I prefer Hulk's comics overall, they've had more variety, explored more genres and styles of visual storytelling.

elvinisaev42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

F4.

Avatar image for sar_annihilator
SAR_Annihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers