Who has a faster Travel Speed MCU Ironman or BVS/MOS:Superman?

• 72 results
jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jumpstart55

I honestly cant tell from watching the films. Iron-man is definitely supersonic given how he was able to outrace those F22 raptors and was able to make sonic booms. And Supes based on his feats in the film is -hypersonic at the very least he traveled from the Indian Ocean to Metropolis in only a minutes time. But maybe i missed something, because given how much more advanced and powerful his armors haven gotten over the course of his three films and the two Avengers films to adapt to and face a number of different and sometimes greater threats i figured its quite reasonable that his speed has drmatically increased aswell. And Iron-man is shown cruising at very fast unspecified(possibly hypersonic or barley supersonic) speeds throughout the MCU films. So i,m not quite sure what the upper limits of Tonys speed are. But Anyways what do you guys think.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Iron Man wasn't that much faster than a jet. Superman was stated to be the only thing fast enough to reach the other side of the earth.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4 the_stegman  Moderator

I'm gonna say Superman, as he went from ground to space in what appears to be seconds.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

MoS Superman by far. He went trans-atmospheric in about 15 seconds, then made a sub-orbital flight to the complete other side of the Earth in (rough estimate, based on other events happening in the movie..just watched it last night) about 45 min to an hour. That's roughly 5 times the speed of sound. (VERY rough calculations)

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman went to the Indian Ocean (if my memory is on point) to deal with the terraformer and came back to Metropolis in a short time. I don't believe Stark has any feats that beat that.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man's best speed feat was outspeeding F-22 Raptors which is around 1,500 mph.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jumpstart55

@fallschirmjager said:

@jumpstart55: iron man is not hypersonic.

Taking all the Iron-man films and Avengers into consideration. There are many scenes in which Iron-man is traveling extremely fast at unknown speeds. Now you may well be right, because besides the first film( which was supersonic at best)his speed is never really quantified. So he could be just as fast as hypersonic or much slower. But can you say with absolute certainty that he isnt hyper-sonic? Any prof and or evidence would be appreciated.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Just_Banter

Has Tony ever made a sonic boom when flying? I can't remember him ever doing it. Of course, Marvel might just not want to show them, so he could be mach 5000 for all we know, but going off of feats and how both studios really put effort into having realistic looking films, we know for a fact Supes is at least mach 4, and Tony hasn't really proven himself as that fast.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Clark

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@jumpstart55: the proof is that he's never went hypersonic.

"Very fast" doesn't mean anything. You can't just label someone whatever you please without proof

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Overmonitor

@jumpstart55: What? By eyesight you believe you can determine the difference in hypersonic vs. supersonic?

That's quixotic. What visual indicators are there to determine when an object exceeds supersonic enough to become hypersonic? I am genuinely interested.

EDIT: Having done a little research I came up with this:

"While the definition of hypersonic flow can be quite vague and is generally debatable (especially due to the lack of discontinuity between supersonic and hypersonic flows), a hypersonic flow may be characterized by certain physical phenomena that can no longer be analytically discounted as in supersonic flow. The peculiarity in hypersonic flows are as follows:

Shock layer

Aerodynamic heating

Entropy layer

Real gas effects

Low density effects

Independence of aerodynamic coefficients with Mach number."

So you are telling me you analyzed each scene for the above factors somehow and were able to determine that they each possibly were moving hypersonically vs. simply supersonically?

Or maybe you just made that up and you should be the bigger man and admit it.

Krisboyuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman by far. He appears to be able to circuit the planet in no time at all

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MOS

VashtaNerada88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone301994 said:

Iron Man's best speed feat was outspeeding F-22 Raptors which is around 1,500 mph.

welllll in Avengers after the missile is launched at NYC; Ironman has time to not only see the missile pass him but loop around the bridge and catch up with it in a few seconds. and unless im mistaken most missiles travel around mach 5-7..meaning Ironman is prolly nearing mach10 (perhaps) in order to catch it in time.....although i still agree supes is quicker

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: I,m not saying hes Hypersonic, i,m saying its possible that he could be hypersonic as there are many scenes where his speed is unspecified. You have zero proff that he isnt Hypersonic, Your just speculating for the most part.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jumpstart55

@overmonitor: Iron-man was proven to be Supersonic(Just means faster then the speed sound) in Iron-man 1 when he outraced those Jets and made a Sonic Boom in flight.Superman made a number of Sonic Booms in Man of Steel aswell. Now considering how much more advanced his Armors have become since the first film, I find it quite possible that Ironman could be Hypersonic( Mach 5 or above) Superman is definitely hypersonic at worst given his ability to travel from Continent to continent in a matter of minutes.But as for Ironman case I really Dont know which is why i made this thread in the first place. Maybe someone had a better read of the films then i did, maybe they saw scenes that i missed or forget about.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman is faster.. no contest.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vashtanerada88: Well every missile varies in speed and we really have no idea how fast it was traveling in Avengers. I just looked up the missile itself which is called an "AGM-154 JSOW" and according to my sources, they fly at subsonic speeds. Unless you can find a source that says otherwise, it wasn't a hypersonic feat.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone301994: where'd you get the model number? I looked it up and the jettison speed is .001M so they come off the plane at Mach 1, for Tony to see them pass him in the opposite direction then turn and catch them is a good speed feat. Superman smokes him in a race for sure but that's nothing to scoff at imo.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Noone301994

@wavemotioncannon: Pause at 0:21. Tony's scanners confirm the model number.

Loading Video...

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Supes seeing as how he hasn't tested his potential.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Iron Man wasn't that much faster than a jet. Superman was stated to be the only thing fast enough to reach the other side of the earth.

I'm gonna say Superman, as he went from ground to space in what appears to be seconds.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone301994 said:

welllll in Avengers after the missile is launched at NYC; Ironman has time to not only see the missile pass him but loop around the bridge and catch up with it in a few seconds. and unless im mistaken most missiles travel around mach 5-7..meaning Ironman is prolly nearing mach10 (perhaps) in order to catch it in time.....although i still agree supes is quicker

ICBMs go as fast as mach 5-7, not regular cruise missiles. Even the fastest cruise missiles are barely the speed of sound, let alone mach 5.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

mos

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes.

KodaChan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman -_-

Dark-Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Dark-Magic

I guess I don't need to explain why man of steel superman.

Transformaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I determined mach 980+..my calculations..Now the earth distance is around 24,860 total miles..The world engine was directly on the other side of the earth directly right under metropolis..feeding off each others gravity..So half the distance from earth is around 12,430 miles..Superman traveled from the Indian ocean to Metropolis in one min according to plot.. I took some seconds off since he was still charging from the sun after the scene cut..But it was around one min in time. Also the c 17 was only a few miles from the Kryptonion ship. So one 1min seems about right.Than i converted 12,430 miles per min to mph. The number came out to be 745,795 mph..So than i did 745,795 mph to mach speed conversions and it came out to be mach 980..How about my calculations?

VashtaNerada88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By VashtaNerada88

@petey_is_spidey said:
@vashtanerada88 said:

@noone301994 said:

ICBMs go as fast as mach 5-7, not regular cruise missiles. Even the fastest cruise missiles are barely the speed of sound, let alone mach 5.

AGM-114 hellfire missles travel mach+, AGM-88E HARM mach +

most AGM (air to ground missile) are relatively slow but most are also near mach speed if not more so. ICBMs can go faster than mach 5. The Federation of American Scientists states that the LGM 30 Minuteman III has a Speed of 15,000 mph at burnout. Air-to-Air missiles are all around faster, as they need to usually be able to tag fast targets (jets).

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheBeardOfZues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark

Chazzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stupid questions deserve stupid answers.

Iron Man.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does this exist.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Amcu

Is this a joke? Superman by miles and miles. The difference is like comparing a small pebble to a mountain.

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Worldofthunder

Clark has casually walked multiple times faster than Iron Man's ever flown.

Let that sink in.

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kal-El by far

Avatar image for larcadedragneel
LarcadeDragneel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By LarcadeDragneel

Clark has casually walked multiple times faster than Iron Man's ever flown.

Let that sink in.

When did that happen?

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@amcu said:

Is this a joke? Superman by miles and miles. The difference is like comparing a small pebble to a mountain.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman...

Did anyone actually argue for Iron Man?

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By macleen

The guy that flies across the globe saving people from disasters at a moment's notice