Who else from the MCU can deflect Mjolnir?

• 116 results
Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who else from the MCU can deflect Mjolnir? (80 votes)

Hulk 19%
Thor with lightning 30%
Thanos 58%
Hela 71%
Captain Marvel 38%
Ultron 11%
other 20%
No Caption Provided

• 
Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sufferedtoker:

Maybe you have me confused with someone else.

Show me a video or gif of Hela hitting Thor with punches and failing to KO him or otherwise don't tag me again. Back up your statements with evidence.

Where did I say Thanos can't replicate Kurse mljnoir feat? Stop embarrassing yourself and read my posts as I never said anything about most of the things you are arguing about.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f34b01dd81ff
deactivated-5f34b01dd81ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@johndeyvido:

Show me a video or gif of Hela hitting Thor with punches and failing to KO him or otherwise don't tag me again. Back up your statements with evidence.

Throne scene.

Where did I say Thanos can't replicate Kurse mljnoir feat? Stop embarrassing yourself and read my posts as I never said anything about most of the things you are arguing about

Your first message.

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#104  Edited By Lilbroomstick

Thanos with his sword, Iron Man with his shields, Worthy Cap, normal Cap, Hela, Dormmamu...

Maybe Thor with lightning

Avatar image for deactivated-5f34b01dd81ff
deactivated-5f34b01dd81ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#106  Edited By Lilbroomstick

Lol at Hulk being equal to Thanos in strength

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johndeyvido: About first hammer strike on arena - I'm not saying Thor's strength wasn't relevant, just that at the point Hulk was before getting his rage boost so strength gap wasn't big (if there was any).

And Thor/Thanos fights are really non-comparable. Thanos overpowered Hulk with his strength alone when Hulk pressed him to ship wall. Thor needed his lightning Power because before he got it, he was just laying there, unable to respond to the punches (and slowly losing conviousness).

Kurse landed 13 strikes on-screen (if I counted correctly), including 9 punches to Thor's head. Thor was only dazed by this. Thanos hit Thor 7 times, including only 3 times to the head and Thor was comparably dazed (I don't even count the final kick that took him out for a minute or so her). You don't see a gap here, even if skill played a part (though Kurse isn't a mindless monster, from the fact he was Dark Elf warrior before tranformation it's logical to expect at least some skill from him)?

Same goes for Hulk who got (from the point he caught hammer strike) 13 hits on Thor, inc. 9 to the head. Thor got his helmet during first 6 so to be fair that might help a bit but still after whole that series of strikes he was in fighting condition.

On Hulk vs. Thanos statement, I disagree with directors because the feat entirely contradicts what they say, not other way round. I mean, how can you say that only skill made the difference while Thanos straight up overpowered Hulk's arms in that scene. And Russos aren't consistent with what they say about it, sometimes they claim Thanos is stronger than Hulk.

About Surtur, the feat for Hulk is that he could make marks on Surtur's skin without hurting his own fists. Spider-Man or Quill didn't damage Thanos so not sure why you bring it up as analogy. And where I said Surtur isn't super durable, he is insanely durable, just that based on this one comparison he's less durable than Hulk (though heavier & stronger). I don't discredit Surtur tanking shockwave, I actually meant that director didn't thought out well giving such a good feat to Hulk (and that it might be an outlier for Hulk).

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nn5:

I must confess at this point that I don't even know what you are arguing about. I already agreed hulk is stronger than Thor so I don't know what you want me to say.

I don't know why you brought up Kurse, Kurse is also like the Hulk just brute force no skill. Being a warrior(which I doubt) in your previous life does not imply your skill will transfer if you are turned into sth else. Zod's intelligence and skill didn't transfer to DD, Bruce banner's intelligence didn't transfer to Hulk until recently. A professional boxer will hits harder than an untrained guy in the same weight class because of skill and that explains why Thanos needed fewer hits than Kurse or Hulk to KO Thor.

The only time the director said Thanos was stronger than Hulk was before the movie but after the movie they explained clearly that wasn't the case, Thanos was just a smarter, more skillful version of Hulk. Thanos overpowered Hulk that's undeniable but people on the same tier of strength can overpower each other often, BP did the sth similar against Bucky's metal arm when Bucky was choking him out.

Surtur was made of lava hence why hulk punches left marks but that doesn't mean Hulk was hurting him or hulk is more durable than Surtur based on that. Surtur had no uniform layer of skin so any serious hit at all will produce marks. My analogy was also correct, Quill and Parker hit Thanos and their bones didn't break nor did they hurt themselves the same way Hulk didn't hurt himself punching Surtur. BTW why do you think that before you can be said to be more durable than someone the someone must hurt themselves hitting you? It makes no sense, even Jane was able to slap Thor and not hurt her hands does that make Thor not durable.

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johndeyvido: We're arguing about how big strength gap between Thor, Hulk and Thanos is. About Kurse, well, on what are you basing your opinion that Kurse isn't inteligent? Like e.g. he normally talked to Malekith and said that he saw Loki as prisoner in Asgard. We have zero reasons to assume his transformation changed his presonality/intellect, and given he was one of the survivors from the army that fought Bor, why you doubt him being a warrior? He isn't as skilled as Thanos by feats but saying he's mindless brute that hits with no skill is hard lowball.

And why I brought up Kurse? He's another character that dominated Thor in physicals, like enraged Hulk or Thanos but according to you he's probably barely stronger than Thor, I guess. Even though Thor apparently couldn't do much with his two arms against his one when he tried to wrestle a bit during the fight.

Situation in which Thanos just takes off Hulk's arms for his neck (at the moment when Hulk was pressing him to the wall and had clear advantage) while Hulk is visably shocked by what's happening, and also the fact how quickly he Thanos did it, shows they aren't close. There is literally no way to even interpret that the scene in a way it would fit the statement. Also Thanos being only smarter, skilled Hulk is wrong concept which ignores his far superior durability for example, but let's leave it.

If Jane e.g. made Thor bleed with her slap while her hand stayed unharmed, then it would be correct analogy. It didn't happen so it's irrelevant. Same for Quill and Spidey. The lone fact of someone hitting someone obviously doesn't mean anything in terms of durability. But when two different materials collide, one is damaged and the other isn't, then which one is more durable by logic? And you saying that Surtur is made of lava so it's easier to damage him only proves my point.

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nn5:

I have already admitted that thanos>hulk>thor in stats just that the difference between one from the other on the scale isn't as big as you would want.

You are beginning to toll the path of dceu fanboys by ascribing feats that characters don't have. Kurse isn't a skilled fighter because he didn't show skill onscreen and Thanos is a skill fighter because he showed it onscreen plus directors statement, it's a simple matter. He also isn't a warrior before his transformation because he wasn't shown fighting but as an advisor to Malekith.

Kurse is stronger than Thor but not to the degree you are arguing for.

Thor never used his two arms against his one arm and what actually made Kurse more impressive than he actually is, was his ability to ignore pain so he actually wasn't tanking Thor's attacks just ignoring them. This is shown by his ability to keep fighting when he was impaled by a sword by Loki and the other Kurse also ignoring 3 separate spears to the abdomen until he was overwhelmed by the asgardian soldiers.

Thanos might be more durable than Hulk but not FAR more durable which is why we are having this discussion. you keep overrating Thanos than he actually is while simultaneously underrating every other high-tiers. Thanos has no feats that say he is far more durable than Hulk aside the unscallable snap feat.

Using your awkward logic, Iron Man is more durable than Thanos because he punched Thanos and Thanos bled while Tony armor didn't damage therefore using your "two different material colliding" theory then Tony armor is more durable than Thanos since Thanos was damaged and Tony's armor was fine from their collision. If you can apply your Surtur/hulk analogy to tony/ Surtur situation then I agree with you otherwise you have lost this portion of the argument.

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johndeyvido: I'm not saying Kurse is exceptionally skilled, just that you're notion that he is mindless beast with no skill is incorrect. He was present on battlefield, wearing armor but sure he was harmless civilian advisor lol. Malekith wasn't actively fighting most of time either yet he was a warrior.

Got to admit that you're right about two hands vs one struggle as Kurse indeed grabbed Thor with his hand, and then Thor grabbed him with two but after watching it again I'm not sure whether Thor really wrestled with him cause he quickly went for a punch. Nad yeah, Kurse's pain tolerance is impressive but do you really think that it explains Kurse throwing Thor away all the time while Thor had no good answer to it? In the end Kurse was pounding him while Thor could do absolutely nothing, until Loki saved the day. (while, by what you assume Kurse is barely stronger than Thor, like 10-20 %)?

Again Thanos overpowered Hulk with such an ease and speed that it rules out unnoticeable gap of 10 % imo. Thor, without his lightning and/or hammer couldn't offer much resistance either - look at the moment when he gets disarmed of Stormbreaker during trinity fight. Thanos grabs him, Thor uses at least one hand to grab Thanos' arm and counter (I can't clearely see what Thor's other hand is doing as it happens quickly but it looks like he grabs Thanos' arm with it as well though not sure) yet Thanos swiftly lifts him off despite Thor trying to resist and throws him away. Even if Thor used only one hand here, Thanos wasn't even bothered by it (and Thor has 80 % of Thanos' strength by your concepts).

On the other hand, Thor using two arms (and lightning - but let's ignore it here) was overpowering Thanos one arm very slowly.

Durability - reasons why we can't compare Thanos & Hulk via snap? I don't even talk about Thor here cause he was going to się by Banner's statement. And no, I'm not 'underrating every other high-tier' because I think there are a few people in MCU that are as physically strong or durable as Thanos (and some even more). Just saying that Thor or Hulk aren't one of them.

I knew you'll bring drop of blood sooner or later but again that doesn't fit. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we don't see what happens to Stark's gauntlet he used to punch Thanos as a result of collision and the next time we see jis arm, it isn't there. Pretty sure it was damaged even more so than Thanos' cheek given Thanos breaks Tony's helmet and hand blade with bare fists easily in the same scene. In Surtur's case we clearely see that after Surtur throws him away Hulk's hands aren't bloodied or his fingers aren't broken or anything, and that's a feat for him.

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nn5:

If Kurse is skilled produce his skill feats, simple. He was unarmed while standing besides Malekith nothing indicates he was a warrior. Malekith actually fought, the guy in question didn't so it's up to you to produce feats why you think he's a warrior and skilled not me.

You don't need to big stronger than someone to punch the person far distance. Kryptonian punch each other far distances, Thor also did that to Hulk who I already agree is stronger than him so your arguments of Kurse punching Thor far distance doesn't mean he's far stronger.

EG clearly showed that Thanos isn't far stronger than Thor so you are just disagreeing with feats onscreen. Thor overpowered Thanos 2/3 times in a strength contest but yet to you Thanos is 1.5X stronger. Another mistake you keep making is assuming that Thanos using his one arm is their final confrontation implies he used half his strength. In a strength contest like that, mass plays a big role and Thanos has 5X more mass compared to Thor so Thor bringing him down to his knees is very impressive since Thanos was stronger, has more mass, bracing and not having the same leverage as Thor due to using one arm isn't enough reason for him to lose if he was indeed 1.5X stronger. Just for giggles, Thor brought Thanos to his knees faster than Thanos could overpower him to stab him with the axe.

The snap has no established scale just like no scale exist for determining who's worthy of mljnoir. Cap marvel is more durable than Thanos or Hulk yet she can't snap so using the infinity gauntlet as a criteria for durability is flawed for the same reason. So produce any scalable feats and you will be shocked to know that Thanos isn't far durable than than Hulk or Thor.

Now you are clearly lying to protect your flawed logic, Tony's suit was fine after punching Thanos. Tony formed a weapon from his armor which he used to hit Thanos and it didn't shatter against Thanos check. You are clearly aware that each time he forms a weapon from his nanites, they return back into his suit after use. Example of these instances abound in the movies so you can't wiggle your way out of your bad logic. Tony's armor is more durable than Thanos based on your logic. If his armor indeed shattered it would have done so as it made contact with Thanos body not later.

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johndeyvido: Again, I'm not saying he's really skilled (as much as average soldier would be I guess) but your 'he's dumb brick with no combat experience' opinion isn't true. If you're ignoring context of someone standing on the battlefield in armor (while we don't see if he doesn't have some daggers or something), then okay.

It's good you agree that Kryptonians sent 'each other flying cause in Thor vs. Kurse fight Thor was the only one that was kept getting punched away lol. Unlike in e.g. Zod vs Superman fight. But sure, about equals (within 10, 20 % range according to you) fought there.

When Thanos used his second hand, he easily slapped Stormbreaker down, away from his neck, so no, it wasn't legitimate strength contest with him using only one.

You didn't refer to Thanos ragdolling Thor easily in first trinity fight - when, after disarming him, he lifts Thor with one arm even though Thor tries to counter that by grabing Thanos' arm and resisting (looks like he does it with both arms after watching in slow motion, though even if with one, then one would expect more resistance with someone that has 80 % of Thanos' strength).

Not sure if I should bother commenting snap being compared to worthiness because it's pretty obvious it depends on energy durability. In EG they talk about energy it generates ('light up a continent') and decide that Hulk is the only one who can wield ot due to his gamma absorbtion (and that Thor has no chance to survive). Thanos wielded it far better without any known resistance to it. Him dealing with Thor's lightning much better than Hulk did in Ragnarok only shows consistency here. And about Carol, they said that they don't know if she can't do that. Plus her far superior durability feats are limited to blunt force (headbutt). Base on Power Stone punch moment, she and Thanos seem about even energy-wise.

About Iron Man, my point is that we don't see the gauntlet after the strike (whether it was more damaged than Thanos' cheek or not, not saying it was fully shattered cause it doesn't look like it broke into small shards during the hit) and Thanos broke the same armor 4 times during the scene easily. In Surtur's case we see (after Surtur throws it away) that Hulk didn't broke his fingers, hurt his hands badly or anything.

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nn5 said:

@johndeyvido: Again, I'm not saying he's really skilled (as much as average soldier would be I guess) but your 'he's dumb brick with no combat experience' opinion isn't true. If you're ignoring context of someone standing on the battlefield in armor (while we don't see if he doesn't have some daggers or something), then okay.

So someone standing in a battle field implies that person is a warrior? The dark elves aren't even skilled since Loki demolished 3 of them in a fight and they were clearly fighters. If you say Kurse is skilled then produce evidence otherwise he isn't skilled. No one is calling DD a skilled fighter because he metamorphosed from Zod.

It's good you agree that Kryptonians sent 'each other flying cause in Thor vs. Kurse fight Thor was the only one that was kept getting punched away lol. Unlike in e.g. Zod vs Superman fight. But sure, about equals (within 10, 20 % range according to you) fought there.

It's like you don't bother to read my arguments through before responding. How is Thor supposed to send the guy flying if he never punched Kurse? Thor didn't punch Kurse so he can't send him flying but if Thor can send Hulk flying why can't he replicate that against Kurse.

When Thanos used his second hand, he easily slapped Stormbreaker down, away from his neck, so no, it wasn't legitimate strength contest with him using only one.

You didn't refer to Thanos ragdolling Thor easily in first trinity fight - when, after disarming him, he lifts Thor with one arm even though Thor tries to counter that by grabing Thanos' arm and resisting (looks like he does it with both arms after watching in slow motion, though even if with one, then one would expect more resistance with someone that has 80 % of Thanos' strength).

Ragdolling someone means nothing nor implies you are stronger for a high tier. Iron man ragdolled Thor in Avengers 1 so by your logic he is 1.5X stronger than Thor because of that. Tony also lifts Thor so lifting and ragdolling is about mass and Thor weighs 5X less than Thanos. Mcu high-tiers are in the million tonnes range so how difficult is it for a million tonner to ragdoll or lift a guy that weighs about 100kg(Thor)?

Not sure if I should bother commenting snap being compared to worthiness because it's pretty obvious it depends on energy durability. In EG they talk about energy it generates ('light up a continent') and decide that Hulk is the only one who can wield ot due to his gamma absorbtion (and that Thor has no chance to survive). Thanos wielded it far better without any known resistance to it. Him dealing with Thor's lightning much better than Hulk did in Ragnarok only shows consistency here. And about Carol, they said that they don't know if she can't do that. Plus her far superior durability feats are limited to blunt force (headbutt). Base on Power Stone punch moment, she and Thanos seem about even energy-wise.

You have missed my point totally. I'm not saying the two feats (worthiness & snapping) are comparable just the process for each of them is unclear. No one has explained how the snap works exactly; like how much energy is the user exposed to for the snap, if the dwarves version is better than tony Tony's version of the gauntlet etc point is, the snap is unquantifiable . Tony also took the pain of using the gauntlet better than Hulk are we to assume he's far more durable than Hulk and Thor? Thor only struck Thanos with lightning on the chest while Hulk took it to the chin and head a far more deadly place to to struck by an attack so it wasn't exactly the same.

The directors expressing doubts if she could do it implies that she probably can't otherwise why the cloak and dagger. She's simply more durable than Thanos by feats, she tanked the sanctuary exploding, Krees warheads etc and that's better than any energy durability Thanos has done asides the snap which can't be quantified.

About Iron Man, my point is that we don't see the gauntlet after the strike (whether it was more damaged than Thanos' cheek or not, not saying it was fully shattered cause it doesn't look like it broke into small shards during the hit) and Thanos broke the same armor 4 times during the scene easily. In Surtur's case we see (after Surtur throws it away) that Hulk didn't broke his fingers, hurt his hands badly or anything.

You keep drowning yourself further with your bad logic. The gauntlet de-materialized into his suit after he struck Thanos on the cheek. He used that same gauntlet to ram Thanos into a wall of some sort and it was fine so it didn't suffer any damage from drawing blood from Thanos. Surtur is simply more durable than hulk because he has better feats than hulk the same way Thanos is more durable than tony despite tony causing him to bleed.

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By nn5

@johndeyvido: Someone standing on battlefield in armor but if you belive he isn't a soldier then okay. Loki's feat shows that he's above average Dark Elf soldiers and I'm not saying Algrim was on Loki's level lol. I just disagree with you comparing him to Hulk who indeed is a brick with no skill.

Thor punched Kurse and it only moved his head, then Kurse threw Thor away and threw the rock on him. Hulk's strength changes with his rage level - no reason to belive he was much stronger than Thor (as he clearely was only after getting his rage boost) or even that he was stronger at the time fight began.

Ragdolling means nothing, lifting Thor when he was applying force to counter it and used (apparently) two hands to do so is a strength contest. Also you didn't refer to Thanos easily breaking out of Thor and Cap's lock when he used another hand and slapped SB down.

We know how it works and that it's dependant on energy durability (as that was the thing Avengers considered when they found out Banner is the best due to his gamma energy absorbtion). You'll going contrary to what movie established. And Tony's suit is pretty simple as it absorbs energy (I mean, he absorbed Thor's lightning bolt during trinity fight and fired that energy as repulsors - can Hulk or Thanos take Thor's lightning blast without pain?). Seems that snap itself was too much for the suit's AoE to handle though.

We can compare Hulk and Thanos by how they wielded IG in Endgame - one was brought to his knees, other stood while feeling some pain. Thor striking Hulk to the chin matters of course but Thanos took full lightning blast from bloodlusted Thor/Cap and not just a punch.

I can't agree about Carol having better energy durability feats - what implies that other high-tiers wouldn't survive/tank these ships exploding as well? With Thor's Sokovia feat and Thanos scaling from it, pretty sure they might. Her only feat that puts her way ahead other MCU high-tiers is headbutt which is pure blunt force. At the same time, she was KO'd by Power Stone punch which didn't damage Thanos hand so they clearely are in the same tier energy-wise.

Not sure why you keep mentioning nanites coming back to the suit. They do that but my point is we don't see what exactly happened to the piece of suit that hit Thanos. Given Tony didn't use it again (even though it for some effect on Thanos), it's likely that it might have been damaged though. The strike that happened earlier on wasn't hard enough to draw blood from Thanos either so it doesn't matter that the piece of suit didn't break there.

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nn5:

It is quite simple, provide proofs Kurse is skilled or more skilled than hulk or admit he isn't. I won't talk about Kurse again if you can't provide skill feats for Kurse.

Thor didn't punch Kurse maybe re-watch the scene he blocked the punch from Thor. You keep saying "no reason to believe " when there is, Hulk was ragdolling Thor just fine before the rage boost.

It's like you have never been in a fight before, you cannot be actively fighting and bracing at the same time. Thanos was attacking Thor and then lifts him, Thor was trying to get out of his grip not stop himself from being lifted. He broke out of Thor and Cap's hold by punching the weapon not overpowering it, there is a difference. His punch shakes Thor's hold which he took advantage of.

All that comparison proves is that Thanos can handle pain better than Hulk not that he is far more durable than Hulk. Kurse can handle stabbing better than Thanos so he must be more durable than Thanos then.

Now I'm sure you will say anything to defend Thanos including saying iron man armor absorbs energy, a blatant lie. Tony built a specific function that allowed him to absorb lightning and that does not in any way imply his suit can absorb energy.

Since you know how the snap works, perhaps you can answer some questions accurately. According to onscreen evidence, Thanos snap was 5,380 megatons of energy so explain how much of that Thanos was exposed to, how much the gauntlet was exposed to and how the gauntlet released that amount of energy without any environmental damage.

A punch plus lightning to the head is more powerful than lightning alone to the body that Thanos took. Captain Marvel clearly has better energy feats than Thanos. Thanos best energy feat feat was Thor's lightning and Tony's missiles and none of them compares to the kree warhead. The Power stone also damaged his hand, go back and watch him returning the stone to the gauntlet after punching Cap. Marvel away. They might be in the same tier but Carol has better feats.

The nanites returns back to the suit after they formed a gauntlet to punch Thanos. Tony didn't use it again because after the bruise Thanos took him more seriously and he didn't get that chance. The earlier one was to the chest and even had more momentum to it, it just wasn't at a soft target like the cheeks.