Who else from the MCU can deflect Mjolnir?

• 105 results
Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who else from the MCU can deflect Mjolnir? (71 votes)

Hulk 21%
Thor with lightning 30%
Thanos 62%
Hela 73%
Captain Marvel 41%
Ultron 13%
other 20%
No Caption Provided

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hela 100% should be able to considering she can also stop it dead in its tracks.

Thanos should be able to by his better stats than Kurse though he mostly chose to dodge it, same goes for Cap Marvel and Hulk.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos, Hela, and Captain Marvel...

WhyZoSerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor, Thanos and Hela....

Namebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Namebk  Online

Only Kurse and Hela.

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hela, Thor, Thanos and likely Captain Marvel

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanda

RajjarsAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmao that is enough to one-shot Iron Man. No one is deflecting that shot, not even Hela.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultron is a great suggestion, never considered him but he is perfect for the job. I say he might be able to do it.

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only feat I can think of for a returning Mjolnir is knocking over the Destroyer. I don't see why anyone but Ultron would fail to do that.

And Hela crushed Mjolnir, so you can't really say that she can't do it.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also MCU Cap...

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Wanda

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nn5  Online

At least Thor (with lighting powered punches) and Thanos hit harder than Kurse, Hela maybe as well. So they can, probably the rest too, with some more difficulty than Kurse.

Abdulboriy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos and hela

WordWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just Hela and Thanos due to...having feats of basically doing that.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: given the fact that she already was able to destroy the hammer. your statement makes no sense. Hela was the reason that thor had to get that hammer from his past self in endgame.

christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are Hela and thanos there since they already did that?

RajjarsAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RajjarsAlt

@rajjarsalt: given the fact that she already was able to destroy the hammer. your statement makes no sense. Hela was the reason that thor had to get that hammer from his past self in endgame.

Deflecting the hammer requires physical force beyond compare. She can catch the hammer and crush it, but that's a lightning + Mjolnir at like 100ft/sec velocity. It's a far superior shot.

christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: what the heck are you talking about? That makes absolutely no sense. It’s a lot easier to deflect something than actually catch it and physically crush it.

RajjarsAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: what the heck are you talking about? That makes absolutely no sense. It’s a lot easier to deflect something than actually catch it and physically crush it.

Do we know if Hela crushed it with pure-strength? I mean, VFX and all that's how it happened, but let's just consider Prime Hela's powers and magic.

Independently, the lightning+Mjolnir sent at Kurse has many times more kinetic energy than what Thor hit at Hela

christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By christianrapper

@rajjarsalt: you are just using head canon. You literally saw her crush the hammer. There is no way that you can judge thor’s power output in either scene.

RajjarsAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: you are just using head canon. You literally saw her crush the hammer. There is no way that you can judge thor’s power output in either score.

So she has the physical strength to crush the hammer. If that's your claim, it still doesn't mean her striking power is up to boot. I mean, Karathen tunnels through a lot of rock and has tremendous strength from size alone but you don't see her striking Aquaman beyond the bounds of what a Kryptonian could replicate.

RajjarsAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RajjarsAlt

@cocacolaman said:

The only feat I can think of for a returning Mjolnir is knocking over the Destroyer. I don't see why anyone but Ultron would fail to do that.

And Hela crushed Mjolnir, so you can't really say that she can't do it.

Yeah, but isn't it dubious if that is an entirely stats-based feat? If otherwise, her stats get a big, big jump and I concede everything. IIRC the VFX suggests it's a physical crush, but she is very skilled with magic and her signature pwr is weapon manip. I'm not exactly sure what to think.

Plus, that's like a 100 ft/sec shot with imbued lightning. I dunno if Hela has the striking power to boot, since nothing suggested that Kurse could repel it, until he did. Same goes for Aether Malekith, who blocked a lightning + Mjolnir with his arms. That may be the actual problem for me, tho, as I was scaling Kurse up for slapping away something like that.

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hela, Thanos and Carol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5ec9790d01218
deactivated-5ec9790d01218

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultron is a great suggestion, never considered him but he is perfect for the job. I say he might be able to do it.

If we consider what Kurse did as a strength feat then yeah Ultron can do that as he is stronger than Kurse.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hela Thanos prime surtur

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nn5  Online

Thor with lightning punch, Hela & Thanos all have better strength stats.

Captain Marvel does it comparable to Kurse or with more effort.

Hulk does it with more effort.

Ultron probably can't do it but he won't be damaged in any way.

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nn5:

I agree with you.

For fun sake, what would happen if these characters were blocking the only path mljnoir could possibly take since the hammer looks for the path of the least resistance.

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hela, Thanos, Surtur (Prime), Odin (Prime), Dormammu, and possibly Thor.

SufferedToker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just Hela and Thanos due to...having feats of basically doing that.

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 nn5  Online

@johndeyvido: I don't think that Mjolnir normally has momentum big enough not to get pushed/punched away by top high-tiers. Like e.g. when Thor is striking, I doubt that the hammer seeks lowest resistance cause it would make it useless. And e.g. Thanos managed to stop lighting-charge Mjolnir sent by Stormbreaker by hitting it with Iron Man's body.

But if Mjolnir is crossing distances between planets at MFTL speeds (like in TDW), then I'd assume it might kill high-tiers if it doesn't change its path.

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nn5:

Maybe you didn't get my question. If Thor calls back his hammer from a distance and one of mcu high-tiers is blocking the only path of the hammer, what would happen?

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 nn5  Online

@johndeyvido: I think I got it and it would be just getting blocked IMO (until someone gets tired). As I said Thanos could even stop Mjolnir which was lightning-charged and had the force of Thor hitting with Strombreaker behind it. Cause of that I think he or other strongest high-tiers can exert much more pushing force than what only returning Mjolnir can do normally).

If you consider Hela's feat, to be pure strength as well (which I doubt but that's another matter), then it pretty much isn't debatable at all as the only way for the hammer to return to Thor was to get out of Hela's fingers, yet it didn't happen.

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nn5:

In the Thanos scenario, Thor didn't throw the hammer nor was it returning so it doesn't fit my question. BTW Thanos didn't stop the attack at all he used Tony as a shield and the hammer struck tony, one-shots him and moved forward and dropped to its default landing position.

You didn't get my question, I'm asking if those high-tiers just stood in the path of a returning mljnoir from distance not them trying to stop it with their arms.

Hela's scenario isn't also applicable as she was actively stopping the hammer but seriously nothing indicates she didn't use her strength to break it it's as clear-cut as Thanos tearing through Vision's head to remove the stone or maybe you don't think she should be that strong.

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 nn5  Online

@johndeyvido: How is the scene different than Thor throwing it with hand other than that he used two arms and additional weapon to pack more force?

Thor hit Mjolnir at the height above his head, it reached Thanos at the height of his arms so roughly the same, yet all of sudden it dropped few meters behind Thanos. IMO the hit clearely slowed down its momentum.

If they aren't braced or anything, Mjolnir hit would make them collapse and fly to Thor IMO. If they are and block it with their bodies (just not using hands), I think they can hold off Mjolnir (as even direct strikes to the head didn't make Thanos or small Surtur collapse).

About Hela, I don't think other feats indicate she's that strong. It's possible that she's stronger than Thanos but to easily shatter Mjolnir (which repeated blows can kill Thanos by statements) she would need to be many times stronger than him (which doesn't seem likely at all looking at their scalings from Thor).

RetroMetro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kurse and Hela. You saw what Mjolnir did to Thanos.

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nn5:

If Thor throws the hammer at an opponent and doesn't call it back the hammer hits the foe and drops down to its default position so I don't know what you were expecting after the hammer strikes Tony.

About Hela, she didn't have enough striking feats or any feat that contradicts the 'hammer breaking scene' so I don't know what else you need to convince you.

Avatar image for money_brings_happiness
Money_Brings_Happiness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CM, Thanos, and Hela can do it for sure as all should hit harder than Kurse.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawkeye, with a bow and arrow.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scarlet Witch destroys it midair

Hela destroys it midair

They can probably deflect it too

Avatar image for chuggachugga170
chuggachugga170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 nn5  Online

@johndeyvido: If Thor wasn't calling the hammer or anything, I'd expect it to fly far away (as it didn't change the height it was flying at from the moment Thor hit it to the moment it reached Thanos so we can't say it was going to land on ground any time soon). The fact that Mjolnir landed on the ground so quickly after the hit means that it lost lot of momentum after Thanos blocked it with Iron Man.

In throne room fight Hela stalemated Thor's two hand with her one without effort but needed second hand to easily disarm him. I think it puts her strength at 2.5-3.5 times Thor's strength - which can't be miles above Thanos. Plus her getting floored by lightning whip from Thor when Thanos could keep himself on his feat for a while after Cap hit him with first sky blast directed at him with Mjolnir, and then again keeping himself from getting floored when Thor was pressing him with Mjolnir & SB while lightning from SB constantly hit his chest. I know energy resistance =/= strength but that's one more thing that shows Hela isn't miles above rest of MCU high-tiers (even though she's one of/the most powerful).

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Johndeyvido

@nn5:

Thor 'batted' the hammer towards Thanos and it hit the target ' and landed meters away from Thanos so I don't know the distance that would have been satisfactory to you.

We've discussed this particular issue many times and I'll repeat what I said then.

1) we don't know how strong you need to be to break the hammer casually but we know it's above Thanos pay grade but not Hela's.

2)bracing for an incoming hit matters whether you are moved or not. Thor lifted her with his lightning and struck her mid air with another lightning so I don't know how she could have resisted that attack.

Thanos was aware of cap's first lightning attack since it started cracking the ground away from Thanos before moving towards Thanos. Hela was lifted the same way Wanda lifted Thanos, there was nothing she could do.

SB aura with sparks of electricity isn't the same as lightning blast which he was using Vs Hela that could reach Hela meters away.

What I found the most impressive about her was her OP regen and her weapons that's unstoppable according to mcu. She might be miles above other high-tiers or not no one can say for sure and I don't think anyone has ever said she was miles above everyone in stats.

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 nn5  Online

@johndeyvido: When Mjolnir reached Thanos it was on roughly the same height above ground on which Thor hit it with Stormbreaker. Adding to that, it doesn't look like Thor batted it upwards, meaning it likely flew at the very same height for the whole distance between Thor and Thanos. Why would it suddenly going to slow down and lose the height that it kept for 50 meters or so (depending how far away Thor was from Thanos), other than facing resistance from Thanos hitting it with IM armor?

Based on Hela's and Thanos' scalings from Thor there is no gap between the two big enough so that Hela can easily do what's way above Thanos' paygrade. Hela's stalemated Thor with one hand (but needed second one to disarm him), Hulk did the same in arena fight. We can argue he used more effort (based on his facial expressions while Hela wasn't really exerting herself) but then again Thanos is good bit above Hulk.

Hela was paying attention to Thor so it's not like she couldn't brace even if Thor's move was quick. And no, it's not the same as Wanda lifting Thanos cause Thor used concentrated blast that pushed Hela while Wanda's energy TK surrounded Thanos' whole body.

Stormbreaker's electricity isn't the same because? Both are displays of Thor's lightning cloak coming out of the weapon.

Yes, she is very OP but tbh I don't think 'unstoppable' blades statement means anything (just that they're very strong which we already know). To easily crush (using pure strength only) the hammer that is more durable than any other high-tier she would need to be miles above them.

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Johndeyvido

@nn5 said:

@johndeyvido: When Mjolnir reached Thanos it was on roughly the same height above ground on which Thor hit it with Stormbreaker. Adding to that, it doesn't look like Thor batted it upwards, meaning it likely flew at the very same height for the whole distance between Thor and Thanos. Why would it suddenly going to slow down and lose the height that it kept for 50 meters or so (depending how far away Thor was from Thanos), other than facing resistance from Thanos hitting it with IM armor?

I don't know what you were expecting TBH, the hammer hit Tony hard enough to one-shot him and still had juice to land meters away from Thanos and Tony. Yes Thor didn't bat it upwards, it slowed down because it hit both Tony and Thanos(it moved Thanos out of the way) and you keep mentioning Thanos hitting the hammer with Tony, that didn't happen he used Tony as a shield and the hammer still KO'ed Tony and rocked Thanos out of the way .

Based on Hela's and Thanos' scalings from Thor there is no gap between the two big enough so that Hela can easily do what's way above Thanos' paygrade. Hela's stalemated Thor with one hand (but needed second one to disarm him), Hulk did the same in arena fight. We can argue he used more effort (based on his facial expressions while Hela wasn't really exerting herself) but then again Thanos is good bit above Hulk.

I don't know about this kind of scaling, everything Hela did was effortless against Thor despite not giving it her 100% best. Hela is just above Thanos, simple I don't want to get into the nitty gritty of that. Thor wanted to kill Hela, he didn't want to kill Hulk so scaling the two fights isn't going to be accurate.

Hela was paying attention to Thor so it's not like she couldn't brace even if Thor's move was quick. And no, it's not the same as Wanda lifting Thanos cause Thor used concentrated blast that pushed Hela while Wanda's energy TK surrounded Thanos' whole body.

Stormbreaker's electricity isn't the same because? Both are displays of Thor's lightning cloak coming out of the weapon.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Just compare the two gifs and anyone would notice the two scenes doesn't scale at all.

Yes, she is very OP but tbh I don't think 'unstoppable' blades statement means anything (just that they're very strong which we already know). To easily crush (using pure strength only) the hammer that is more durable than any other high-tier she would need to be miles above them.

I think the 'Unstoppable' kinda refers to their piercing abilities atleast according to the mcu guidebook. Well if you think she needs to be miles ahead to crush the hammer then she is because she did so on screen and nothing indicates she used anything other than her strength. Even if you think she used some sort of hax then it's all the same since it's still her power that now means she has hax that can shatter on the most durable weapons in the mcu.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scott Lang

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 nn5  Online

@johndeyvido: So that's what I meant about the hit. It was full-force strike (sent by two hand SB strike + having lighting charge) and it was slowed down after hitting IM's armor, and not sure if Thanos was that much rocked by it (given he also turns because he wanted to throw away Tony), Im pretty sure Thanos or other top MCU high-tiers can stop returning Mjolnir which has neither Thor's strength behind it nor is (usually) charged with lighting.

About Hela - yes she did everything effortlessly. She overpowered Thor's two arms but needed another arm to easily disarm him. How much stronger than Thor she can be based on that? 2.5 times? 3 times? It doesn't matter if she's stronger than Thanos or not (she clearely might be), what I'm arguing that her feats indicate she isn't much above him or other high-tiers (except for Mjolnir feat which doesn't fit the rest IMO).

And Hulk feat is completely applicable. The fact that Thor wasn't trying to kill him doesn't mean he didn't use full strength in this particular hit. He jumped and swinged the hammer which clearely indicates he wanted to strike harder. Thor knows how though Hulk is and that one hit won't kill or badly damage him (given he already took Mjolnir strike in Avengers).

Visually there is obvious difference as the Ragnarok bolt is larger. Aside from visual side, nothing logically indicates that it's different - both instances are lighting directed at the enemy from Thor's weapon. If you don't think it's the same, then Thanos has Cap feat which is better.

I meant statements like unstoppable, unbeatable, etc. shouldn't be really taken seriously IMO, it's usually a hyperbole meaning something is impressive and nothing more.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chuggachugga170: No, no males because Scarlet Witch and Hela can produce more force than any of them

Not even debatable really lmaooo

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@retrometro: and we saw Thanos punch it twice and moved it each time even though it was actually being held. He has no problem hitting solid uru with his fists. He also hit Stormbreaker on the flat side. A returning Mjolnir shouldn't be an issue for him to swat away.