Who do you like more: Superman or Iron-Man?

• 93 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5f34b01dd81ff
deactivated-5f34b01dd81ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Poll Who do you like more: Superman or Iron-Man? (111 votes)

Superman 59%
Iron Man 41%
 • 
Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Iron Man.

It depends on the creative team, but conceptually, I prefer Iron Man.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman always

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron man. The concept of Superman is interesting but I like stories about characters like iron man who tend to be a jack ass.

Hulk_Like_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman. In live-action, it would obviously be Iron Man.

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The one that is not a Mary Sue and created a cinematic universe instead of destroying it

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef04e3274ed3
deactivated-5ef04e3274ed3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman, by far.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never liked Superman. Iron Man easily.

TheDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man def

Avatar image for deactivated-5f07824e0850d
deactivated-5f07824e0850d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Lilbroomstick

Sometimes Superman, but Iron Man is generally more interesting and cool to me. Him Hulk, Spider-Man, and Thor. I mean I prefer the concept of a guy who created his own superpowers, being a powerhouse that represents what humanity can accomplish vs a perfect alien from space that protects the Earth. Superman is definitely more iconic though. The Flash and Batman on the otherhand are different cases. Batman has some great stories!

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman. No contest.

loyngulpany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes. I'm surprised to see Iron Man winning here.

OG_Guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

The one that is not a Mary Sue and created a cinematic universe instead of destroying it

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman. In live-action, it would obviously be Iron Man.

Henry Cavill is pretty cool. IDK about DCEU Superman though

MoneyyJunee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman but it’s close

Rythik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman easily.

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Eri_Joni  Online

Iron Man.

Avatar image for meandyourgirl69
MeAndYourGirl69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman on his own bores me, I like him better as part of the Trinity or JL. The same with Ironman actually, I don't remember reading a Ironman comic, I like him in Avengers stories. Why are the Guardians of the Galaxy never brought up in these discussions?

Avatar image for deactivated-64456b84cf5e8
deactivated-64456b84cf5e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Conceptually you mean those generic Iron Man and Avengers comics?

Iron Man.

It depends on the creative team, but conceptually, I prefer Iron Man.

infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vishop_:No, I mean the general notion of the character since the topic creator didn't ask based on specific interpretations.

If this is being judged by their source material, then I'd think I'd have to judge them based on their initial creative runs or their continuities. I don't keep up with any characters' continuity, but based on what I read from their origins, I found Tony Stark's struggle to manage his heroics while watching for the shrapnel getting to his heart more interesting than Superman's struggle for his heroics.

Adaptation-wise, as much as I like the characterization for Tony Stark in the first Iron Man movie, I didn't care much for him later on (I hate that he went with Superhero registration. I'm Team Cap.). I remember the Smallville interpretation of Clark Kent was more interesting than any adaptation of Iron Man, so Superman would win on that end.

As a concept, I prefer the concept of a broken man seeking redemption, and falling along the way on his heroic journey but fighting to get back up, than the general concept of Superman.

Iron Man's application of his incredible gift to help save the world with his technology and his internal battle with control and addiction makes him a more compelling concept.

When I think of technological progress, this horrifying notion comes to mind:

Loading Video...

It's why I generally hate the notion of technology. When I was younger, I dreamed of living a simple life, raising a family on a farm away from a lot of technological advancement, but I recognize the need for it, especially with the competition around the world, and the need to defend people's nations' borders, which is why the Iron Man concept is interesting because he's dealing with territory where he could lose his soul and hurt a lot of people.

Tony's involvement with the military to defend his nation with his technology is more interesting than Superman.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Simple

LA Tony

Comic/tv shows(animated) superman

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 cocacolaman  Moderator

Clark.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@infantfinite128:

No, I mean the general notion of the character since the topic creator didn't ask based on specific interpretations.

There are no specifics for interpretations of this character. Actually there are several. His character in comics is a lot more different than movies and anything that is close to similar in both mediums was his origins.

If this is being judged by their source material, then I'd think I'd have to judge them based on their initial creative runs or their continuities. I don't keep up with any characters' continuity, but based on what I read from their origins, I found Tony Stark's struggle to manage his heroics while watching for the shrapnel getting to his heart more interesting than Superman's struggle for his heroics.

Meh if you are only basing this off with Tony's Stark's origins then you might say he is close to heroism. Other than that guy is subjected to alcoholism, siding with the villains, destroying planets, being an active playboy billionaire who can't control his felatio, exiling Hulk with Illuminati, killed Goliath with Thor clone etc. He is nowhere close to a superhero in comics.

Superman, on the other hand, IS the definitive superhero of all time and it's not like he didn't struggle for his heroics as an individual hero and leader.

Adaptation-wise, as much as I like the characterization for Tony Stark in the first Iron Man movie, I didn't care much for him later on (I hate that he went with Superhero registration. I'm Team Cap.). I remember the Smallville interpretation of Clark Kent was more interesting than any adaptation of Iron Man, so Superman would win on that end.

As a concept, I prefer the concept of a broken man seeking redemption, and falling along the way on his heroic journey but fighting to get back up, than the general concept of Superman.

Iron Man's application of his incredible gift to help save the world with his technology and his internal battle with control and addiction makes him a more compelling concept.

Adaptation wise RDJ Iron Man is FAR more of a superhero than Iron Man in comics. I like Cap but I absolutely hate MCU Cap because MCU Cap became the exact opposite of what Captain America believed in during the MCU Civil War.

The character was never redeemed in comics continuity. He never changed. I suggest you reading more comics before coming to a conclusion because it seems like that you are trying to resonate with Batman and Iron Man.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ghostodoofus2  Online

My Avatar should answer your question.

infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vishop_ said:

@infantfinite128:

No, I mean the general notion of the character since the topic creator didn't ask based on specific interpretations.

There are no specifics for interpretations of this character. Actually there are several.

The topic creator didn't pick a single interpretation, so I chose liking the concept of Iron Man over Superman, but you might be right that I was making Iron Man more of a Batman character.

Iron Man doesn't sound like much of a boy scout based on your description. lol

I've probably read around 300 comics with Superman and 100 comics with Iron Man, but I don't remember much, and comic creators have broken my trust to want to get invested in the continuities anymore. I hated Batman because of Tom King's run.

It's why it's difficult for me to like superheroes beyond concepts or their original characterizations.

I haven't read the entirety of Superman's or Iron Man's original run because they didn't hold my interest, so I went with the concept.

I haven't read Batman's either, so I might vote for him based on the concept as well in a poll.

I've read all of Spider-man's original run though. I think I've read around 800 Spider-man issues.

Once again, thanks for your follow up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@infantfinite128:

The concept of Iron Man in comics not close to a hero as you think it to be. It's is a fact. Reading 300 issues of Superman is not bad but reading Bryne's Superman and Morrison's ALS will alone surpass IronMan in terms of quality.

Btw if you have evident heroics of Iron Man in comics then I gladly like to know what are they because rationally speaking he is most infamous or popular for his wrongdoings.

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A character with flaws that becomes a hero through his own hardwork and creatvity while other didn't earn it and simply born with the power of photosynthesis which make him a God like being. Lol

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A character with flaws that becomes a hero through his own hardwork and creatvity while other didn't earn it and simply born with the power of photosynthesis which make him a God like being. Lol

Well said

Odimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Odimm

Hmmm, the alcoholic, misogynist, oppressive, billionaire playboy, or the literal symbol of hope and justice, the first superhero to become big in the public consciousness, and the one who basically put comic books and comic characters on the map nationally.

Tough choice but I'm gonna go with Superman.

OG_Guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#35  Edited By OG_Guts

@odimm said: Hmmm, the alcoholic, misogynist, oppressive, billionaire playboy, or the literal symbol of hope and justice, the first superhero to become big in the public consciousness,

oppressive, misogynist? we get it, you don't like layered flawed characters who became a hero through sheer hardwork as opposed to a boring, overpowered, mary sue who woke up one morning and found out they had powers.

This is also the same character who's movies were benched because the company had no faith in making him 'modern/relevant' lol

@vishop_: I dont know what you're talking about, Iron man's been a superhero in the comics. Has he made some morally questionable actions? Sure, but so has Cyclops, Reed, Cap Marvel, Batman. Using an event as an example where everyone acts out of character is not a good example to define them by, it just means they had bad writers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@og_guts: Meh It wasn't just Civil War. He has been through alcoholism, playing the field with his felatio, everything cynical around Illuminati, and not everyone was acting out of character during the Civil War. If that defines him as a superhero then I really don't care.

Avatar image for krypticwarbeast
KrypticWarBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man

Avatar image for deactivated-64969837cbeff
deactivated-64969837cbeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark.

DrakoTheGhoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DrakoTheGhoul

I like Superman more. That's not to say i didn't enjoy Iron man or his movies.

If it was Superman or Spider-man then it would've been a harder decision as i grew up reading and watching both of them but Iron man wasn't that big for me even as a comicbook reader.

sabracadabra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman and its not even close.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread really helps prove the theory I had about CV...

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Bayman007

Superman.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman. Iron Man works well in a team, but on his own he is boring and uninteresting. RDJ made LA Iron Man great, it wasn't from the character's own merit

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reactor said:

Superman. Iron Man works well in a team, but on his own he is boring and uninteresting. RDJ made LA Iron Man great, it wasn't from the character's own merit

You could say the same thing about Superman.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vishop_ said:

@infantfinite128:

There are no specifics for interpretations of this character. Actually there are several. His character in comics is a lot more different than movies and anything that is close to similar in both mediums was his origins.

Meh if you are only basing this off with Tony's Stark's origins then you might say he is close to heroism. Other than that guy is subjected to alcoholism, siding with the villains, destroying planets, being an active playboy billionaire who can't control his felatio, exiling Hulk with Illuminati, killed Goliath with Thor clone etc. He is nowhere close to a superhero in comics.

Superman, on the other hand, IS the definitive superhero of all time and it's not like he didn't struggle for his heroics as an individual hero and leader.

Adaptation wise RDJ Iron Man is FAR more of a superhero than Iron Man in comics. I like Cap but I absolutely hate MCU Cap because MCU Cap became the exact opposite of what Captain America believed in during the MCU Civil War.

The character was never redeemed in comics continuity. He never changed. I suggest you reading more comics before coming to a conclusion because it seems like that you are trying to resonate with Batman and Iron Man.

Iron man isnt a villain. He just makes bad decisions. Pretty much everything you said all happened in a short time period which he hasnt acted like before or since then. As for mcu cap cap always believed in fighting for the right thing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:
@vishop_ said:

@infantfinite128:

Iron man isnt a villain. He just makes bad decisions. Pretty much everything you said all happened in a short time period which he hasnt acted like before or since then. As for mcu cap cap always believed in fighting for the right thing

Who said he is a villain. But being branded as a hero doesn't even make him remotely close to being a hero. And NO some of the things like alcoholism, being a playboy with his felatio, siding with villains like Kang have been part been his character even before the last couple of decades. Either way, he is no hero and that is a fact and get over it because that's not gonna change that he is mostly popular in comics for his wrong deeds.

@kgb725 said:
@reactor said:

Nah Superman doesn't need star power to say the fact that he is the most iconic hero of all time. Iron Man was a far more unpopular and generic character before RDJ.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:
@reactor said:

To an extent, you probably could; it all depends on personal taste. There difference between the two is that Superman has many more great stories centric, or even exclusive to him. To put it another way;

Superman got too many classic storylines, Iron Man doesn’t even have 10.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vishop_ said:
@kgb725 said:
@vishop_ said:

@infantfinite128:

Who said he is a villain. But being branded as a hero doesn't even make him remotely close to being a hero. And NO some of the things like alcoholism, being a playboy with his felatio, siding with villains like Kang have been part been his character even before the last couple of decades. Either way, he is no hero and that is a fact and get over it because that's not gonna change that he is mostly popular in comics for his wrong deeds.

@kgb725 said:
@reactor said:

Nah Superman doesn't need star power to say the fact that he is the most iconic hero of all time. Iron Man was a far more unpopular and generic character before RDJ.

Having sex and being an alcoholic doesnt mean hes not a hero what a weird thing to complain about. Those wrong deeds that happened in civil war ? I just said that

Who cares who's more iconic ? This isnt a popularity contest. Superman is the literal definition of generic good guy.

ninetoadclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In movies Iron Man.

In everything else, Superman.

Even when he is being his best, tony is still an arrogant tool with a massive ego. Tony is a hero because he doesn’t think anyone else is smart enough to do it as good as he can.

Clark is just a good farm boy from Kansas who does things because he knows he should be cause it is duty to do everything he can to help.

I hate what the MCU has done to Tony.

Before all this is you asked Marvel fans to list the top 5 smartest people on earth, Tony would probably not even make the list for most of them.

Now though he has been pushed higher and has been given credit for tons of things because he is popular.

Same with Batman in DC, popularity fuels his ability to do stupid things outside his league.