Who do you guys consider Transcendent tier?

• 69 results
BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

After having a very GOOD discussion with the homie @lord_spectrum in his Doctor Strange Issue 383 thread, I decided to create this thread. Since Comicvine LOVES discussing power level all the time. Yet, I have surprised that the majority of Comicvine posters are not familiar with this power tier. It seems mostly the veteran powers are but still only a few of them. This term which is used quite frequently on other comic sites. We know what high heralds and skyfathers are? But what about transcendent tier beings?

To put it simple. Transcendent(or trans for short) tier beings in comics are those between the level of high herald and skyfather. Characteristics of trans tier beings:

1. They are mostly villains for the most part, although there are some hero ones.

2. They are usually team busters.

3. Compared to high heralds they can take on skyfathers.

4. They have potential to be multi planet/solar system busters.

5. Like I said they are on the border of skyfather.

The two most iconic trans tier characters are Thanos and Darkseid. However, they include Classic Dr Strange, Desporo, Adam Warlock/Magnus, Superboy-Prime(without PIS), Marvel Hell-Lords, King Thor, Tyrant(Depowered), Onslaught, Amazo and even potentially the Sentry(I KNOW many are gonna have my head for that one lol... But @lord_spectrum made some good points. I'll let him speak on that one).

Anyways, like I said trans tier beings are multi-planet/solar system busters. To me this is a high end trans tier feat. Here we have Magnus during Thanos Imperative TELEPORT 18 PLANETS and then destroy them like nothing!

However, in that same series he was no match for Lord-Marvell who Thanos on the other hand gave a challenge. That shows just how powerful trans tier beings are. They are basically sub-skyfather level beings. But who do you guys consider trans tier and why? Give good reasons too.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Marvel Hell-Lords operate on a tier above Trans-tiers, plus they possess certain powers like reality warping but more powerful than you would see someone on trans-tier to wield.

But anyways back to your list...since i have certain complaints. XD

I'll start with Thanos Imperative Magus, he is not really trans-tier, while his feat was impressive, it is still within capabilities of someone like Surfer to accomplish, but when Magus faced a real trans-tier he got horribly rekt and died.

Darkseid is also not trans-tier, specifically N52 (whose own bio states confirms that he is = Superman) and Pre-52, and to his feats which people consider high-end there are contexts attached to them explaining those instances.

Despero is known for his telepathy, but his physicals are unimpressive actually (lost to Supergirl, lost to Superman and so on...), so not exactly trans-tier, as for his feats during Virtue and Vice = Team was weakened, Diana was knocked out by magic lightning of Cap Marvel empowered by Wizard and previously weakened while fighting Surtur, Superman was near-solar chargless since he was previously in another dimension fighting Surtur and so on...

Amazo, well this one is a bit tricky, it depends what JLA member's powers he has.

Same with Superboy-Prime, he is not even a legit planetbuster, lol. He is above Superman, but the difference in their power is not as big as people make it out to be.

As for the Sentry, i'll wait till the recent Dr. Strange arc ends to give final opinion on this one.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_spectrum:

I think Marvel Hell-Lords operate on a tier above Trans-tiers, plus they possess certain powers like reality warping but more powerful than you would see someone on trans-tier to wield.

Hell-Lords are tricky, confusing and annoying. In their realm they can take on Galactus. Outside of it they can get beat by any herald or lower. Just to let you know the Hell-Lords I am referring to are Mephisto, Satan, Lucifer(I know in Marvel Lucifer and Satan are DIFFERENT), Black Heart, Hela, Nightmare, Hellstrom.

Shuma Gorath and Dormammu for example are not Hell-Lords. And never been counted as such, thats if you were thinking of them.

But anyways back to your list...since i have certain complaints. XD

I'll start with Thanos Imperative Magus, he is not really trans-tier, while his feat was impressive, it is still within capabilities of someone like Surfer to accomplish, but when Magus faced a real trans-tier he got horribly rekt and died.

I have never seen Silver Surfer or anyone that is High Herald do anything close to day. Unless I am missing something.

Either way current Adam Warlock is a complete beast and is definitely trans tier.

Darkseid is also not trans-tier, specifically N52 (whose own bio states confirms that he is = Superman) and Pre-52, and to his feats which people consider high-end there are contexts attached to them explaining those instances.

I don't care about New 52 Darkseid(as he is a joke to me), pre-Flashpoint Darkseid is definitely trans tier and has the feats to back it up.

Despero is known for his telepathy, but his physicals are unimpressive actually (lost to Supergirl, lost to Superman and so on...), so not exactly trans-tier, as for his feats during Virtue and Vice = Team was weakened, Diana was knocked out by magic lightning of Cap Marvel empowered by Wizard and previously weakened while fighting Surtur, Superman was near-solar chargless since he was previously in another dimension fighting Surtur and so on...

Never knew this. What about Flame of Py'tar?

Amazo, well this one is a bit tricky, it depends what JLA member's powers he has.

I consider him trans.

Same with Superboy-Prime, he is not even a legit planetbuster, lol. He is above Superman, but the difference in their power is not as big as people make it out to be.

Superboy-Prime did this.

No Caption Provided

Which i consider above planet busting. Call it PIS tho. He also did other things above planet busting imo.

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought this subject was gonna be about transexual characters

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought this subject was gonna be about transexual characters

Uh... No.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Lord_Spectrum

@king_stranglehold_da_first:

Hell-Lords are tricky, confusing and annoying. In their realm they can take on Galactus. Outside of it they can get beat by any herald or lower.

Just to let you know the Hell-Lords I am referring to are Mephisto, Satan, Lucifer(I know in Marvel Lucifer and Satan are DIFFERENT), Black Heart, Hela, Nightmare, Hellstrom.

That depends, Blackheart outside of his dimension is capable of this (he holds a pocket universe, which has galaxies in it and then destroys it with ease).

No Caption Provided

In short what i am trying to say, that their powerlevel outside of their dimensions vary.

Shuma Gorath and Dormammu for example are not Hell-Lords. And never been counted as such, thats if you were thinking of them.

Not really.

I have never seen Silver Surfer or anyone that is High Herald do anything close to day. Unless I am missing something.

Surfer created black holes, as well showed other type of similar insanity.

Either way current Adam Warlock is a complete beast and is definitely trans tier.

That is true.

I don't care about New 52 Darkseid(as he is a joke to me), pre-Flashpoint Darkseid is definitely trans tier and has the feats to back it up.

Not exactly.

Pre-52 Darkseid had 8+ fights with Superman, and all of them pretty much showed them as equals, that consistency of decades.

I guess you think of FC feats of him doing multiversal mumbo jumbo, you see he simply affected vibrations (string theory for reference) of Earth Prime, which as chain reaction created a wormhole and affected vibrations of other Earth's thus causing multiversal havoc, in short Flash and Superman can do that, hell Superman has actually done a better feat, he saved DC omniverse, by affecting vibrations of Prime Earth.

Never knew this. What about Flame of Py'tar?

Thos instaces were after FoP absobtion. If a character has decent telepathy resistance and Superman-level/Wonder Woman-level stats, he/she would wreck the hell out of Despero.

I consider him trans.

To be fair, i wouldn't really categorize him as trans, he has speed of Flash and physical stats of Superman, that by default negates that whole trans argument he has not physical prowress of trans-tier and his energy powers are not impressive enough, plus Green Lantern Kyle has defeated Amazo on his own.

And the infamous instance of Jordan nearly one-shotting him.

No Caption Provided

And as we know GLs are herald-tier.

Superboy-Prime did this.

Not really useable feat, plus he was in another dimension, which allowed him to affect the world, on top of that this pretty much like Hulk punching time feat, sound cool but overall irrelevant.

Which i consider above planet busting.

Except it is not, and if you analyze it, those feats are not even comparable.

Call it PIS tho.

Wouldn't call it, i call it Hulk punching time-esque time.

He also did other things above planet busting imo.

He didn't do anything above planetbusting, his physicals alone were not that much above Superman, hell even in 1v1 pure physical fight he couldn't stomp Superman in their all fights, just shows how low is the difference between their stats, and Superman himself is not planetbuster and needs lightspeed mass boost to bust moons.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Yassassin

Man, I entered this thread on bated breath.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think most people on this site just call them teambusters

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_spectrum:

That depends, Blackheart outside of his dimension is capable of this (he holds a pocket universe, which has galaxies in it and then destroys it with ease).

In short what i am trying to say, that their powerlevel outside of their dimensions vary.

1. Is the universe he's holding even the same as a regular? Not really familiar with the concept of pocket universe.

2. Blackheart outside his realm has been taken down by metas and street levelers. Because yeah it DOES vary to the point Daredevil and Spider-Man being able to give him problems.

Anyways, where is that scan from?

Not really.

According to Marvel they're not Hell-Lords i.e "devils." They're actually a tier above. Dormammu is not a demon or devil but a powerful entity from the dark dimension. His "realm" is not hell but instead the dark dimension. Shuma is again NOT a Hell-Lord but a being (Old-Ones) who is multiversal and has existed well before many of the Hell-Lords.

Surfer created black holes, as well showed other type of similar insanity.

We don't have much clues on how powerful Surfer's black holes are. Black holes can be very big(some scientist claims they can take out an entire galaxy!) or some very insignificant ones that are "micro."

That is true.

Don't even get me started...

Ridiculous.

Not exactly.

Pre-52 Darkseid had 8+ fights with Superman, and all of them pretty much showed them as equals, that consistency of decades.

I guess you think of FC feats of him doing multiversal mumbo jumbo, you see he simply affected vibrations (string theory for reference) of Earth Prime, which as chain reaction created a wormhole and affected vibrations of other Earth's thus causing multiversal havoc, in short Flash and Superman can do that, hell Superman has actually done a better feat, he saved DC omniverse, by affecting vibrations of Prime Earth.

Superman shouldn't even be a match for Darkseid outside of PIS.

To be fair, i wouldn't really categorize him as trans, he has speed of Flash and physical stats of Superman, that by default negates that whole trans argument he has not physical prowress of trans-tier and his energy powers are not impressive enough, plus Green Lantern Kyle has defeated Amazo on his own.

And the infamous instance of Jordan nearly one-shotting him.

Wasn't that Amazo weakened? Either way Hal should not be able to one-shot him.

Not really useable feat, plus he was in another dimension, which allowed him to affect the world, on top of that this pretty much like Hulk punching time feat, sound cool but overall irrelevant.

Hulk wasn't altering reality like Prime was. Unlike Hulk, Prime was said to be weakened. And how does him being in another dimension play a part? And if I remember correctly Prime did destroy a planet. Earth-15. Either way the majority of his feats puts him at trans as they are high tier. From teambusting a bunch of herald level beings, reality altering, destroying planets, etc.

He didn't do anything above planetbusting, his physicals alone were not that much above Superman, hell even in 1v1 pure physical fight he couldn't stomp Superman in their all fights, just show how low is the difference between their stats, and Superman himself is not planetbuster and needs lightspeed mass boost bust moons.

Didn't he do this to Superman?

No Caption Provided

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lord_Spectrum

1. Is the universe he's holding even the same as a regular? Not really familiar with the concept of pocket universe.

Remember when Franklin Richards created pocket universe? Same thing here, inside it is the same as our universe the only difference is that they are smaller than regular universe, but as shown in the scan, that pocket universe had 2 galaxies in it for sure. And that's Blackheat and he is weaker than Mephisto.

2. Blackheart outside his realm has been taken down by metas and street levelers. Because yeah it DOES vary to the point Daredevil and Spider-Man being able to give him problems.

Really man? I mean common sense would tell you that DD and SM is WIS, and not only that Spider-Man instance was written by BENDIS, that should already ring some bells.

Anyways, where is that scan from?

From 2017 Falcon solo series.

According to Marvel they're not Hell-Lords i.e "devils." They're actually a tier above.

Most definitely.

Dormammu is not a demon or devil but a powerful entity from the dark dimension.

Yep, he was originally a mortal from different dimension, basically an alien, who became uber powerful

His "realm" is not hell but instead the dark dimension.

True, but sometimes writer rank him as Hell-Lord, while obviously he is more powerful than any of them, he does have status of Hell-Lord.

Shuma is again NOT a Hell-Lord but a being (Old-Ones) who is multiversal and has existed well before many of the Hell-Lords.

I know man, i read a lot of Doctor Strange comics. :D

We don't have much clues on how powerful Surfer's black holes are. Black holes can be very big(some scientist claims they can take out an entire galaxy!) or some very insignificant ones that are "micro."

A black hole is still a black hole, plus a weaker herald of Galan ie Nova busted a star, that's a feat above Magus's one.

Don't even get me started...

Ridiculous.

To be fair, it was during the time he had power of entire universe absorbed inside him, he lost it otherwise.

But he still has power to one-shot the likes of Quasar and Surfer.

Superman shouldn't even be a match for Darkseid outside of PIS.

Not really, the only time he was above Supes was during Jack Kirby run, when he originally planned that New Gods were continuation of Marvel's Thor, where Thor and Old Gods died during Ragnarok, thus Highfather was essentially Odin reborn and Darkseid was Surtur reborn and with Omega Force/Eternal Flames, Darkseid was planned to be Surtur-level, a galaxy buster, but that didn't happen, as we know what happened with Kirby. :(

Lightray was also essentially Baldur, even the Raganork of New Gods started with the death of God of Light just like in Thor mythos, coincidence? I think not.

But anyways post-Kirby At that point him being Superman-level became consistent, even Pre-Crisis Darksed's bio states that he is = Superman. That is literally DECADES of consistency

Wasn't that Amazo weakened? Either way Hal should not be able to one-shot him.

No, he was full power.

Well, he didn't one shot him, but he did showcase that power of Lanterns are too much for Amazo, and given it happened more than once, it is consistent.

Hulk wasn't altering reality like Prime was.

And? It doesn't change the matter that it is not useable feat.

Unlike Hulk, Prime was said to be weakened.

When?

And how does him being in another dimension play a part? And if I remember correctly Prime did destroy a planet. Earth-15.

It was SuperMAN-Prime, and he did so by flying through the core of planet which destabilized it, Invicible (i hope you know who this guy is) literally did the same thing, yet his stats are below the likes of Thor.

Either way the majority of his feats puts him at trans as they are high tier

They don't actually. He can't stomp Superman or Martian Manhunter in 1v1 fight, while legit Thanos-tier character one-shot the likes of them.

. From teambusting a bunch of herald level beings,

Except, most of the teams were just plain fodder literally, the rest were minor and the likes of Alan Scott weren't using their full capabilities and the overall high-tier were low in amount, and the likes of Martian Manhunter and Superman were still capable of giving him hell in 1v1 without getting stomped, showcasing his superiority is not big enough.

So no i just don't see Prime above heralds, when he is barely above regular Superman, when Superman came to fight he destroyed his armor and easily damaged him solidly, then Supergirl and Power Girl (and Superman level beings like Black Adam have shown to one-shot PG/SG/WW level beings) punched him which also did solid damage, and he was rather helpless against them or when Sodam Yat who is near Superman-level in stats was holding his own against SBP just on pure physicals and lost due to lead weakness and so on... Though he does have one cool power in form of heat vision which cuts people on atomic level. So what i am saying here, he is not that powerful, just wanked as hell.

eality altering,

Ehh...not useable feat, as mentioned previously.

destroying planets, etc.

Different version and was done via destabilzing the core fo the planet.

Didn't he do this to Superman?

Do what, lol? :D

Look at the scan, Superman is literally physically unharmed, not even a single scratch, remember the instance of Magneto blasting Sentry away which did no damage to him? Same thing here.

But since you mentioned that fight how about posting the rest of it, when Superman held his own against Time Trapper Prime and Superboy held his own against regular Prime, as well as some other scans.

Superboy/Conner in all their fights has managed to damage Prime, you can call it PIS, but let's be real when things happen on consistent basis, then it is consistency.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Next is Krypto, who also was consistently harming Prime.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

How about Sodam Yat, a daxamite, using his near Supes-level strength to make Prime bleed,

No Caption Provided

Or Superman destroying his armor plus making him bleed, as well as punch from both Power Girl and Supergirl harming him. Prime even feared and evaded attack that from PG, and according to Power Girl, it would have turned him for Superboy Prime into Supergirl Prime. :D

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

PC Supes also fought Time Trapper variaton of Prime(who logically should be more powerful) and did pretty well damage, while SB fought SBP.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I usually think of "transcendent" as a really powerful, immaterial being.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The 13th Heaven was completely shaken. Countless Outsiders had black smoke emanating from their heads, which then swirled around them and bored into their eyes, ears, noses, and mouths. Their eyes went wide, shining with pain. Soon, they began to topple over to the ground as they were killed by the Mountain and Sea Realm cultivators in their own memories!

This was the same magical technique that Meng Hao had dealt with when fighting the will of Allheaven in the form of Chen Fan. That, of course, was before he had reached Transcendence. He had never faced anything like that before, and it affected him deeply. After Transcending, his own cultivation base allowed him to understand how the technique worked.

Transcendent cultivators… were omnipotent!

All they had to do was think of something, and it could be done!

It was a Realm occupied by the Immortal, the God, the Devil, the Ghost, and the Demon!

Meng Hao waved his hand, and the 13th Heaven collapsed. The souls of the dead Outsiders were extracted and thrown into the sea of flames to burn.

This is the first thing that comes to my mind when someone brings up the word transcendent.

As for the term in use in battles? I'm still not clear where the exact definitions lie.

I have similar issues whenever someone asks for only Herald level characters.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The 13th Heaven was completely shaken. Countless Outsiders had black smoke emanating from their heads, which then swirled around them and bored into their eyes, ears, noses, and mouths. Their eyes went wide, shining with pain. Soon, they began to topple over to the ground as they were killed by the Mountain and Sea Realm cultivators in their own memories!

This was the same magical technique that Meng Hao had dealt with when fighting the will of Allheaven in the form of Chen Fan. That, of course, was before he had reached Transcendence. He had never faced anything like that before, and it affected him deeply. After Transcending, his own cultivation base allowed him to understand how the technique worked.

Transcendent cultivators… were omnipotent!

All they had to do was think of something, and it could be done!

It was a Realm occupied by the Immortal, the God, the Devil, the Ghost, and the Demon!

Meng Hao waved his hand, and the 13th Heaven collapsed. The souls of the dead Outsiders were extracted and thrown into the sea of flames to burn.

1. This is the first thing that comes to my mind when someone brings up the word transcendent.

2. As for the term in use in battles? I'm still not clear where the exact definitions lie.

3.I have similar issues whenever someone asks for only Herald level characters.

1. Damn, Meng Hao is OP, too OP for this tier.

2. Basically the tier of power that Thanos operates, he is pretty much the character that defines the said tier.

3. Depends what herald - level, high herald level is essentially Silver Surfer, since he is the one who defines that tier, though we have regular heralds, and those are essentailly Green Lantern tier.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Majin buu

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What about Shaman Nate Grey, Legion and Genis Well? Can we count them in that tier?

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_spectrum:

Remember when Franklin Richards created pocket universe? Same thing here, inside it is the same as our universe the only difference is that they are smaller than regular universe, but as shown in the scan, that pocket universe had 2 galaxies in it for sure. And that's Blackheat and he is weaker than Mephisto.

I remember that. I remember White Crown Phoenix doing the same thing.

Really man? I mean common sense would tell you that DD and SM is WIS, and not only that Spider-Man instance was written by BENDIS, that should already ring some bells.

I'm referring to this.

No Caption Provided

From 2017 Falcon solo series.

Heard that solo has some good stories but just don't like Falcon because he's so boring to me.

True, but sometimes writer rank him as Hell-Lord, while obviously he is more powerful than any of them, he does have status of Hell-Lord.

But he's not based on origins.

A black hole is still a black hole, plus a weaker herald of Galan ie Nova busted a star, that's a feat above Magus's one.

I maybe exaggerating the feat but I consider teleporting and destroying 18 planets more high end then destroying a star. And from what i read the size of the black hole does have an effect.

When?

He wasn't at full power.

Anyways I'll just agree-disagree with the Prime part(don't even care for Prime), as I can't address the majority of your post atm as I'm in a rush. Overall, good discussion as always.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What about Shaman Nate Grey, Legion and Genis Well? Can we count them in that tier?

1. Legion should be above.

2. Nate Grey? I know he's powerful but not very familiar with his true extent.

3. Genis Vell depends on which version. Insane? Well above it. Regular? Probably just herald.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0845740eb0b
deactivated-5b0845740eb0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first: @lord_spectrum:

There's a perfectly reasonable explanation for his instances with Daredevil and Spider-Man, btw. Blackheart was just recently CREATED by Mephisto back then and was still learning about his powers/full-potential, in fact, they only lasted so much because Blackheart was completely confused about everything around him...He was, in all the senses, a "scared child" during that time:

No Caption Provided

This was made pretty clear multiple times. Heck, Blackheart didn't even want to live anymore in those instances and only desired to die alone:

It's a total different Blackheart from today. Despite all that, Matt still couldn't faze him as well:

Against Miles Morales was PIS since happened when BENDIS wrote the comic and the guy has a higher opinion about the character. This can be seen(And ignored by most people) that while Blackheart lost to Spider-Man, still had defeated the Avengers(With some heavy-hitters) off-panel and in the same comic:

Yeah, it's not that of a big deal anyway. After all, even Cyttorak himself was said to be a Hell-Lord/Demon-Lord before while under certain writers(Uncanny X-Men#542, for example):

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for masterskywalker
MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos, Ultron, Monarch, Starbreaker, maybe Kang

the Conqueror, Amazo

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember that. I remember White Crown Phoenix doing the same thing.

IIRC, she held legit universe, not pocket one, so did Legion, when he put 616 Universe inside the box, or when Molecule Man took out Pre-SW Omniverse from the box. The size doesn't matter as to how it appears to us, but on spatial level, they have different sized, the Legion's and Jean's feat was legit universe, MM's feat was the omniverse, as for Franklin's and Blackheart's feat it was just a pocket universe, small but still has galaxies in it.

I'm referring to this.

I think a fellow user, already adressed this one for us. :)

Heard that solo has some good stories but just don't like Falcon because he's so boring to me.

Well, his current solo is not that bad, it is readable enough IMO.

But he's not based on origins.

Well, that is true, but they consider him Hell-Lord, because he has his own "Hell" dimension ie Dark Dimension, sorta innacurate though.

I maybe exaggerating the feat but I consider teleporting and destroying 18 planets more high end then destroying a star.

Destroying a star is solar system - level power, destroying 19 planets is not really comparable, while still impressive as hell. Even if we go by size 19 planets would even be as big as half of the star, the difference in size between stars and planets is astronomical.

And from what i read the size of the black hole does have an effect.

Well, the black hole of Surfer was powerful enough to be noticed by the mighty Thanos.

No Caption Provided

He wasn't at full power.

I would suggest to read the scan, Luthor Jr. gave his energy to Prime to the point Prime felt that he could do anything, that's more than just full power, that's an amp.

Anyways I'll just agree-disagree with the Prime part(don't even care for Prime),

Sure, no problem with that.

as I can't address the majority of your post atm as I'm in a rush.

That's my bad, should have made my post shorter and clearer.

Overall, good discussion as always.

Cool. :)

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By Chimeroid
Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Lord_Spectrum

@chimeroid said:

@king_stranglehold_da_first: we basically just call the tier "teambusters" nice post though. It might influence the vine :)

Which is bit inaccurate if you look at it closely, since Thor is a teambuster so is Superman, as well as Magneto and so on.., yet none of them are trans-tier.

FiendishMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FiendishMind

Which is bit inaccurate if you look at it closely, since Thor is a teambuster so is Superman, as well as Magneto and so on.., yet none of them are trans-tier.

I never got the term either.

I think Surfer said it best when Tyrak was boasting about how he single-handedley defeated the Avengers.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for dextersinister1
Dextersinister1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comicvine posters are not familiar with this power tier

That's because it's hard to define power levels, past high tier it becomes very tricky, even Skyfather is only popular because it's tied to a well known character (on comic vine) not because it makes any concrete sense.

We already have posts that with people who can't agree on how powerful a character is.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fiendishmind:

I never got the term either.

I see, that's why i prefer the word trans-tier, rather than teambuster.

I think Surfer said it best when Tyrak was boasting about how he single-handedley defeated the Avengers.

Damn, Surfer has a lot of sas, but he is right though, just busting team doesn't make you trans-tier, except if that team is the Annihilators.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skyfather tier:

1. Odin
  2. The Original Green Lantern (Starheart)
  3. Mephisto
  4. Thanos
  5. Guardians of OA

Transcendent tier:

1. Darkseid
  2. Lord Mar-Vell
  3. Superboy Prime
  4. Larfleeze
  5. Dr Strange/Fate
  6. (Probably) Saitama

Herald tier:

1. Silver Surfer
  2. Fallen One
  3. Loki
  4. GL Alan Scott
  5. Zeus
  6. Thor/BRB
  7. GL Kyle Rayner

High Tier/Planetary:

1. Juggernaut
  2. Superman & Captain Marvel
  3. Godzilla
  4. Hulk
  5. Wonder Woman
  6. Named Green Lanterns
  7. Boros
  8. Hercules
  9. Lobo
BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_spectrum:

IIRC, she held legit universe, not pocket one, so did Legion, when he put 616 Universe inside the box, or when Molecule Man took out Pre-SW Omniverse from the box. The size doesn't matter as to how it appears to us, but on spatial level, they have different sized, the Legion's and Jean's feat was legit universe, MM's feat was the omniverse, as for Franklin's and Blackheart's feat it was just a pocket universe, small but still has galaxies in it.

Okay now I know the difference. Thanks.

Destroying a star is solar system - level power, destroying 19 planets is not really comparable, while still impressive as hell. Even if we go by size 19 planets would even be as big as half of the star, the difference in size between stars and planets is astronomical.

But was the solar system even destroyed once Nova destroyed the star? And why did he do it?

Well, the black hole of Surfer was powerful enough to be noticed by the mighty Thanos.

Still not really saying much.

I would suggest to read the scan, Luthor Jr. gave his energy to Prime to the point Prime felt that he could do anything, that's more than just full power, that's an amp.

Thanks for the correction.

@chimeroid

Thanks but being a trans tier is MUCH MORE than just being a team buster.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Lord_Spectrum

Okay now I know the difference. Thanks.

No problem, understanding how reality warping character work and what they do is a big pain honestly.

But was the solar system even destroyed once Nova destroyed the star? And why did he do it?

*activates feminazi mode on*

Nova is a woman, lol. :D

But anyways there were no planets around it, just one star. But what i am trying to say that stars are way bigger than planets, thus busting star would still be superior feat compared to busting 19 planets.

I mean this is how big our star/sun is compared to Earth.

No Caption Provided

Still not really saying much.

Heh....maybe. :D

Thanks for the correction.

You are welcome, though no need of thanking really. :)

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@king_stranglehold_da_first: This tier is usually called "Teambuster". When I hear "transcendent" I usually think of massively powerful dimension lords or cosmic entities who have grown above Skyfather and are comparable to abstract entities while still being mostly corporeal in nature. So basically Dormammu, Galactus, Shuma Gorath, Cyttorak, and so on.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
deactivated-5b728068f211c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trans levevl:

Hit ( Time-Stop and his speed gives him the edge against most herald-level characters )

The Shrike ( Speed that puts a bloodlusted Flash to shame, time clones, quantum level cutting, high level immortality but can't beat Skyfathers like Odin who can warp reality )

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I now comfortably consider Sentry/Void trans tier.

GodSaveMeNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman, if given enough time and resources to prepare for.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first: I don't understand why people think that the Magus was the one who blew up the 18 planets in that scan. There's nothing suggesting that he didn't have bombs in them or something which is more obvious to me.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Lord Mar-Vell

Doomsday operating at his best

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

@king_stranglehold_da_first: I don't understand why people think that the Magus was the one who blew up the 18 planets in that scan. There's nothing suggesting that he didn't have bombs in them or something which is more obvious to me.

I thought he was amped with belief energy?

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@kevd4wg said:

I saw nowhere that hints he had bombs on the planets otherwise the writer would have shown them in the story. And lets not also forget the fact that he teleported them.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based on what I am seeing Doctor Strange is definitely transcendent tier...

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

thanos, adam warlock, magus, bloodlusted surfer, tyrant and no one else

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanos, adam warlock, magus, bloodlusted surfer, tyrant and no one else

I need to see more from Bloodlusted Surfer. Also Darkseid especially pre-Flashpoint can be added. So can Superman-Prime, Monarch, Onslaught and Tyrant(Depowered and more powerful than Thanos) would like a word.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first: I also consider people like Adam warlock(with soul gem), Magus, Ultron, Lord Mar-vell, Darkseid, and some others in this tier though I normally call the tier teambusters

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

@king_stranglehold_da_first: I also consider people like Adam warlock(with soul gem), Magus, Ultron, Lord Mar-vell, Darkseid, and some others in this tier though I normally call the tier teambusters

Curious for Ultron because I find that to be an interesting pick. Lord Ultron?

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first: no just normal Ultron. From what I’ve seen he’s insanely durable especially stuff like Final Form. He can consistently stomp the avengers and generally just gets more powerful. Directly he might not be as powerful as Thanos or Darkseid, but his great durability as well as his ability to reform make him extremely powerful. Some other people I would add Odin-Force Thor(Post-Ragnarok he was actuallty amped all of his Odin-force time pre-ragnarok), Gorr, Mangog, Destroyer Amror.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

@king_stranglehold_da_first: no just normal Ultron. From what I’ve seen he’s insanely durable especially stuff like Final Form. He can consistently stomp the avengers and generally just gets more powerful. Directly he might not be as powerful as Thanos or Darkseid, but his great durability as well as his ability to reform make him extremely powerful. Some other people I would add Odin-Force Thor(Post-Ragnarok he was actuallty amped all of his Odin-force time pre-ragnarok), Gorr, Mangog, Destroyer Amror.

The reason why I do not use the term "teambuster" and instead "transcendent" is because in comics we've seen many characters especially tiers like herald(below this tier) be teambusters many times. World War Hulk was teambusting like crazy during that arc but neither of us would be crazy to put him in this tier. Another thing is does it depend on what tier the team they are stomping is?

Anyways, I KINDA agree with Odin-Force Thor. kinda. But Destroyer Armor and Mangog(especially silver age) I do see. As for Gorr... Reading your CAV I believe you did a good job showing why Gorr belongs in this tier. Good &^%*.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first: that’s fair about team buster that’s just the term I see the most and I think the most people understand even if it’s not the most accurate. As for Odin-Force thread he might be more of a high herald level character post ragnarok and just on the border while pre-ragnarok he might reach into sky father. As for gorr thank you, I made a few mistakes but I’m pretty happy with it

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

@king_stranglehold_da_first: that’s fair about team buster that’s just the term I see the most and I think the most people understand even if it’s not the most accurate. As for Odin-Force thread he might be more of a high herald level character post ragnarok and just on the border while pre-ragnarok he might reach into sky father. As for gorr thank you, I made a few mistakes but I’m pretty happy with it

Yeah, I understand that the term would be much easier for laymen to grasp compared to "transcendent." As for the bolded keep up the good work.