Posted by RBT (25839 posts) 12 days, 6 hours ago

Poll: Who did their 100th episode better? (22 votes)

The Flash 5x08 What's Past is Prologue 64%
Arrow 5x08 Invasion 36%

Out of these two Arrowverse shows, which show did their 100th episode better? Which episode did you enjoy more?

#1 Edited by Helloman (25182 posts) - - Show Bio

The Flash.

#2 Posted by Black_Arrow (10189 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash for the sole reason that It wasn't a dream sequence and didn't complete ruin the flow of the Crossover.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c08073ad6c36
#3 Posted by deactivated-5c08073ad6c36 (65 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Edited by The_Hajduk (4984 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't watched The Flash but Arrow's 100th episode was one of the best in the show imo.

I remember a lot of fan service in terms of action and emotional character beats. Very, very important loose ends in Oliver Queen's character were tied up. His journey here is critical towards his S5 character arc, and is relevant today with the way he treats Black Siren.

#5 Posted by Eobard21 (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash but it's close

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b19c56d708
#6 Posted by deactivated-5c0b19c56d708 (624 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash

#7 Posted by dirtytree332 (414 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash.

Also Gotham will be 100 episodes in total by next year, and will include Batman in the final two, so it'll be interesting to see how that goes.

#8 Posted by The_Kidd (11214 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrow.

Flash is winning due to recency bias however The 100th is my favorite episode since season 2.

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
#9 Posted by xMangog__Beastx (3802 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash

#10 Posted by Super_ninja (3435 posts) - - Show Bio

The Flash.

#11 Posted by Veshark (10443 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrow by far. Might still be the best 100th episode of any LA superhero show for my money.

#12 Posted by mrmonster (12884 posts) - - Show Bio

The Flash

#13 Edited by jashro44 (50900 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrow did it better. Flashes episode just made a convenient excuse for them to go back in time so Barry would have to revisit all the speedsters he faced. And aside from Nora kind of seeing Iris' contribution (all though Nora has already realized the type of person Iris is), there wasn't really anything to it until the ending. The only thing that is interesting about episode 100 of flash is the connection between Nora and reverse flash. But I need to see where that goes. Like future events could make flashes 100th episode better but for now I am waiting to see more from that dynamic before I judge it. The scene with Nora calling Barry an old man was cute as well.

Other than that flash wasn't that impressive or emotional. Arrows was actually quite emotional and it didn't feel like seeing the past villains was contrived specifically for that episode 100. It felt natural on arrow because there was a reason. Like this one scene from the arrow episode 100 is better than any scene in the flash episode 100 IMO:

Loading Video...

Also why did they have to travel back in time to get the syringe Zoom injected himself with.....Did they seriously not just keep it? I don't really remember season 2 but did something happen to it at some point? I don't see why it was necessary to travel back to season 2....

Flash episode 100 was good but it wasn't amazing to me.

EDIT: I think my biggest issue is you can tell they wrote this plot to revisit old events because that is what arrow did rather than to write something that was special. It could have been a lot better if the writing wasn't so forced.

#14 Posted by MrClarky1 (196 posts) - - Show Bio

Very surprised so many people are saying Arrow, for me it was denitiely The Flash. The new Eobard Wells scenes on their own do it for me. They were literally that good.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#15 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (6512 posts) - - Show Bio

Both terrible

#16 Posted by jashro44 (50900 posts) - - Show Bio

Very surprised so many people are saying Arrow, for me it was denitiely The Flash. The new Eobard Wells scenes on their own do it for me. They were literally that good.

I think Tom Cavanagh did well in those scenes. I thought he lost his touch at the Earth X crossover but this episode proved he still had it. Even so I don't really see how those scenes added to the story aside from Nora's story, but we don't really know what that means yet.

#17 Posted by MrClarky1 (196 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: yeah agree 100 percent, I thought he was really off in the earth X crossover so much so that I thought it wasn't the same Eobard until he said he was. The music in the scene where Barry and Nora go to him for help as well as the expression on Nora's face just brought that terrifying ominous feeling back to the character

#18 Posted by Eobard21 (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrow wasn't even that great tbh like it was good but i feel like being part of the crossover kinda ruined it imo