Who did it better - Black Panther or Black Canary?

• 58 results
modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who did it better - Black Panther or Black Canary? (85 votes)

Black Panther 55%
Black Canary 45%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-59c71b4425224
deactivated-59c71b4425224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm biased, so Black Panther.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#52  Edited By dernman

@black_arrow: Well I don't think it's a sign of bad writing if it is consistent because it's just setting up the rules of this universe (making it possible for normal humans to be part of the Justice League).

That's where we part ways because I think that IS bad writing. There are other ways to make it possible. Like doing other JL things that don't require that enhancement.

Not every mission is going to need super powers and not every mission only relies on brawn.

I would understand your argument if you said this was WIS because in Batman TAS, Batman was more grounded than this and both of this shows take place on the same universe, so they are breaking their internal consitency (this also works on your Superman example

and yet that is how it went down with the with tas so you can't even rely on internal consistency.

Except they admitted that they were wrong with SUperman. Not because it broke consistency but because of it. THey themselves said they went to far and made him weak by consistently making being taken down by everything.

I don't know how Captain America's capabilities are relevant to Batman's capabilities.

I used them as a comparison because they're always compared in physical capabilities. In conception Cap should be written superior but Batman is written is such a way that he's physically equal in many cases. When in fact Cap starts where Batman ends.

Do the events that happen in Cap's books matter to the events on Batman's stories?

Not the point and you know it. Lets not be disingenuous here. Up until now we've been having a nice discussion.

No because they are on two different universes with their own separate rules.

Which exposes more of the problem. Humans should be written as human. Unless they have an enhancement. Like with Iron Fist who has chi. Batman doesn't have that.

If the comparation was done between Cap and Daredevil then it would make sense but this doesn't.

Of course it would If I remember correctly Dardevil was enhanced early on. Not much but some. Even so if he wasn't enhanced there are times that he has been compared to Cap which only proves my point. It doesn't matter if it's Batman, Daredevil or someone else. It just matters that it does happen.

Arguing that Batman is from another universe is pointless when it happens in his own universe. It smakes of just trying to find faults in an argument just to win instead of actually dealing with the subject at hand.

Batman doesn't make sense NOT because he's from another universe. Because they portray a normal human as something more. It's a universal concept no matter where you go. If you go beyond normal boundaries then they can no longer be considered normal humans. If you said that every human in the DC universe can lift 2 tones. THat means they're not normal humans. When you do that it underminds the concept of a normal man who becomes a hero to save people.

Edit: I'm done. I feel this discussion has been blown out of proportion

ChildoftheAtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: yea based in nature. As a natural badass! Haha I do suspend my disbelief as soon as I look at a comic or watch the tv. these are superheroes and villains. They have an X factor. I remember for sure in batman stories maybe in marvel ones there could be these random thugs that are MASSIVE I mean like 8 feet tall. Now they might be using venom but it's not stated. These people would have borderline superhuman strength and provide a physical challenge in the road for batman. I love ridiculous feats of strength as long as they don't go too far. First time I saw daredevil reflect a bullet it blew my mind but he has powers and mysterious ninja speed.

If black canary deflected a bullet I would say thats PIS because that is just too fast. Now if she ducked for cover faster than anyone in the real world could get out of line of sight of a machine gun then that's cool. It looks awesome. Creates tension and shows just why these people can dress up and fight crime with the best.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Black_Arrow

@dernman: Yeah argueing against 4 people can be overwhelming, so I am going to post this to clarify my position.

My main problem is the simple fact that a normal human no matter how trained, cannot be a super hero. We simply cannot do it, our bodies can handle the amount of punishment that even some of the most "realistic heroes" can take and we cannot fight 6 people if you do it's a miracle. So if you are ok with the fact that a normal human can be a super hero, then you cannot say that human capabilities should be realistic because if you can accept that fact then you are accepting that humans can't be super heroes (except if you are Iron man of course).

There's also the problem that many superheroes abilities are supposed to be scientif, yet in our natural world, they would be flat out impossible. The explanation given by the writers of Superman powers, can't simply work in our concept of physics and that a set thing. It's as much of a universal concept and as human capabilities are, so clearly their physics and their humans are different than ours, in some ways.

ChildoftheAtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: precisely if you want to look at from a very scientific point and an alternate universe with simply put, different rules and standards especially at thier stated "peak human" although I look at it as I just want to see something cool haha

Now that that's out of the way the black panther one looks cooler bc it's live action and done very well. The black canary throw is from a show that is becoming quite old now

Trixie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Black Canary of course. Not much can touch JLU.

FangDaNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BP made a bigger dent.