Who can replicate MCU Daredevil's showing against Elektra?

• 86 results
DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@deltahuman: Francis had super reflexes to go with his pain tolerance. And a apparent side effect of being enhanced in that manner was low level super strength. He was casually lifting a full grown man with one arm and could ragdoll Deadpool with ease.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mcu Mack. He could just tank everything

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ras, Oliver, adn possibly others might do it. As far as beating her, you probably need to give them equipment or superhuman stats.

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now I'd say that strictly unarmed, from the MCU, May, Morse and Natasha are more than capable of doing it and easier, but I have a hard time seeing anyone else doing so.

Tbh, I'm not sure if anyone else in LA can do it right now, there definitely will be more, but I'm not seeing anyone from DCEU, CW, and the likes doing it atm.

I really don't think anyone is more skilled in the entire MCU than Matt. Not sure why everyone thinks the best Agents of SHIELD have a good shot at doing this.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@anthp2000 said:

Now I'd say that strictly unarmed, from the MCU, May, Morse and Natasha are more than capable of doing it and easier, but I have a hard time seeing anyone else doing so.

Tbh, I'm not sure if anyone else in LA can do it right now, there definitely will be more, but I'm not seeing anyone from DCEU, CW, and the likes doing it atm.

I really don't think anyone is more skilled in the entire MCU than Matt. Not sure why everyone thinks the best Agents of SHIELD have a good shot at doing this.

Because I personally think the 3 I listed are more skilled unarmed fighters than Matt... May and Bobbi can absolutely do it, they have similar showings against metas. Widow is closer to Matt's level, but her showings against Clint are more than enough.

They have high end feats as good as those, as well as a wide collection that arguably outdoes Matt's own, so there's practically no reason why they can't do it.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally can't see anyone in the MCU doing that. I was going to say Stick but than I remembered that Stick is so old. I think he has more than enough skill but not the physicality. Maybe Oliver (though it wouldn't surprise me if he failed too).

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By slimj87d

I'm going to argue that IF can and technically already did. He just didn't have an office to use like Matt did. In an open environment, there a lot more sword techniques one can use like in these sewers. In that office, a sword user would become limited to sword certain sword combos they could pull off. Matt used his environment well.

Loading Video...
rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 rogueshadow  Moderator

@iamthelaw said:
@anthp2000 said:

Because I personally think the 3 I listed are more skilled unarmed fighters than Matt... May and Bobbi can absolutely do it, they have similar showings against metas. Widow is closer to Matt's level, but her showings against Clint are more than enough.

They have high end feats as good as those, as well as a wide collection that arguably outdoes Matt's own, so there's practically no reason why they can't do it.

None of the people Bobbi and May fought have a feat anything like this:

Loading Video...

10 sword wielding Hand ninja in 10 seconds while starting unarmed in pitch black darkness.

Hand ninja can do this:

No Caption Provided

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@rogueshadow: This is really overrated as a skill feat.

Yes, the Hand ninjas are elite fodder, and yes it was 10 of them, and yes she took them down in 10 seconds. How is it something that someone like May couldn't replicate? All they'd have to do is disarm one and take down the other through superior skill and speed, since she one shotted all of them with the swords.

Darkness doesn't really make this fair considering Elektra probably has enhased senses - also, Elektra has enhased strength, which would help more with disarming them. May took down 3 of Russo's men in 5 seconds while stabbed and tortured.

If you're talking about general combat feats - not specifically skill - Vin Tak would destroy most street levellers in the MCU, and Bobbi had a very even fight with him for a minute and could've kept going (she just didn't need to).

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: This is really overrated as a skill feat.

Yes, the Hand ninjas are elite fodder, and yes it was 10 of them, and yes she took them down in 10 seconds. How is it something that someone like May couldn't replicate? All they'd have to do is disarm one and take down the other through superior skill and speed, since she one shotted all of them with the swords.

Darkness doesn't really make this fair considering Elektra probably has enhased senses - also, Elektra has enhased strength, which would help more with disarming them. May took down 3 of Russo's men in 5 seconds while stabbed and tortured.

If you're talking about general combat feats - not specifically skill - Vin Tak would destroy most street levellers in the MCU, and Bobbi had a very even fight with him for a minute and could've kept going (she just didn't need to).

It's not overrated at all imo. It was there specifically to show us how OP she is. It displays insane combat speed as they all attacked her simultaneously from 10 different angles and she was completely unarmed. There's nothing to indicate that Elektra has superhuman senses as far as I can recall. In my opinion, May hasn't done anything comparable to fighting an opponent who can kill 10 armed and skilled enemies simultaneously in such a short time-span and in complete darkness.

The fact that Matt could keep up with her for 65 seconds when he is inferior in basically every physical regard and was unarmed is a testament to his incredible h2h skill. Nobody in the MCU has fought that well against somebody with that level of skill + a stat advantage + weapon advantage rolled into one.

I don't think Vin-Tak would have much of a chance against Elektra (not sure if that's what you're implying).

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@rogueshadow: Unless you think Elektra is on the Lady Sif/elite Asgardian tier, Vin-Tak should beat her decisively.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@the_magister said:

@rogueshadow: Unless you think Elektra is on the Lady Sif/elite Asgardian tier, Vin-Tak should beat her decisively.

Sif defeated Vin-Tak though, she only lost because she hit his nitrogen pack in what would have been a victory blow but then he exploited the moment she took to pause because she didn't realise and struck her. I don't think Vin-Tak was supposed to be Asgardian tier.

Aka_aka_aka_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From the MCU: maybe no one, Danny and Stick have a very good shot at being able to, Romanov, May and Morse may too, but personally I think probably only Danny (other than Matt) can do it somewhat consistently.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@rogueshadow: I mean, are we just going to assume that she faught at all different angles? It's not like she couldn't move a bit around the place. Plus, if you wanna talk insane combat speed - yes it's insane, but so is bullet timing, which is crazy in live action given how grounded these universes are. May has faught bullet timers and outreacted them. She also landed a clean hit and performed well against a master of precognition, that's pretty insane in terms of a combination of skill and speed too.

Wether she has enhansed senses or not, the darkness does not talk martial skill.

Vin Tak operates on Lady Sif's tier. That's barely street level if at all.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aka_aka_aka_ak: Danny already has done well against her. So he definitely can if he had an office to hop around and use objects and the environment to limit her striking.

The opening of the defenders had Danny do quite well against her when he was calm. It was out in the open though, so she had more range and more combos she could do with her sword.

Their second fight had context. He wasn't well rested, tied to a chair for days and beaten. Sleeping from being koed does the opposite of well resting you. In addition, he fights terrible when he's angry.

Zen mode Danny can survive as long as Matt did in the office. Stupid mode Danny can't.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@anthp2000 said:

@rogueshadow: I mean, are we just going to assume that she faught at all different angles? It's not like she couldn't move a bit around the place. Plus, if you wanna talk insane combat speed - yes it's insane, but so is bullet timing, which is crazy in live action given how grounded these universes are. May has faught bullet timers and outreacted them. She also landed a clean hit and performed well against a master of precognition, that's pretty insane in terms of a combination of skill and speed too.

Wether she has enhansed senses or not, the darkness does not talk martial skill.

It's actually not an assumption, rewatch the video and note their position when the lights go out, they are a couple of feet away at most and attacking from all different angles. The lights come back on 10 seconds later and she's in the exact same place that she started. She had to have engaged them from those angles to begin with at the very least.

I don't know which bullet-timer you're referring to, but Elektra is arguably a bullet-timer herself, but I consider Elektra's feat above to be more directly applicable to actual combat speed. May's feat against Ben's telepathy was good, but it was only one shot in the end, I don't think it's enough to justify lasting 65 seconds against an armed Black Sky.

We can extricate the darkness aspect and assume it's owed to intensive sensory training and not directly applicable to her melee skill if you want but it doesn't diminish the quality of the feat imo.

Also, just to clarify because I don't think I have; I don't think May gets insta-dropped, but I still don't think she lasts as long as Matt.

Eh, the way I see it, Vin-Tak was skilled enough to hang with Asgardians the way skilled humans are good enough to hang with Kree imo. He was still defeated in the end if not for the nitrogen pack.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@anthp2000 said:

It's actually not an assumption, rewatch the video and note their position when the lights go out, they are a couple of feet away at most and attacking from all different angles. The lights come back on 10 seconds later and she's in the exact same place that she started. She had to have engaged them from those angles to begin with at the very least.

I don't know which bullet-timer you're referring to, but Elektra is arguably a bullet-timer herself, but I consider Elektra's feat above to be more directly applicable to actual combat speed. May's feat against Ben's telepathy was good, but it was only one shot in the end, I don't think it's enough to justify lasting 65 seconds against an armed Black Sky.

We can extricate the darkness aspect and assume it's owed to intensive sensory training and not directly applicable to her melee skill if you want but it doesn't diminish the quality of the feat imo.

Also, just to clarify because I don't think I have; I don't think May gets insta-dropped, but I still don't think she lasts as long as Matt.

Eh, the way I see it, Vin-Tak was skilled enough to hang with Asgardians the way skilled humans are good enough to hang with Kree imo. He was still defeated in the end if not for the nitrogen pack.

She could've still maneuvered around the place.

Absorbing Man is who I'm talking about, sure it's not as good as Matt's showing against Elektra - it's May's whole collection of showing that justifies her replicating it. For one, she was stated to be more skilled than Black Widow - which I think puts her directly above Matt given Hawkeye has semi replicated Matt's showing through his fight with Panther, and we know Widow is better than Hawkeye.

I mean, if Vin Tak is so amazingly skilled that he can fight Asgardians + has superhuman physical attributes, this is a godlike skill feat for Bobbi. But we actually saw him overpowering Sif on-screen in a strength contest, and that's only the on-screen part.

Avatar image for theonewhopullsthestrings
TheOneWhoPullsTheStrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Jet Li, whatever the name of the character he played in Hero, has a chance here. In fact, a great chance. He wasn't super-powered in the stat department, but one might say he possessed an inhuman level of skill, taking on dozens like they were less than nothing with a sword, and being not at all worried about arrows, etc. He died in the end, but his feats stand for themselves. I think he counts as street level, no powers.

He would probably beat her outright I think. If not, his other characters Huo Yuanjia - who could do almost the same type of crap, but actually in a 100% realistic setting outside of the age of ancient china mythos, beating up on dozens unarmed, fighting swordsmen, etc and making them look like beginners - even without his sword for a little bit. Or Danny.

I might take Achilles. But granted, he has little H2H feats, but has absurd levels of skill in sword-play, which would probably work to his advantage here, going up against them.

CosmoGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ollie and Sara. Matt would have been a tad better here if he was in t-shirt than suit.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 rogueshadow  Moderator

@anthp2000: The swords were surrounding her as they struck, they are in mid-swing when the lights go off and they were striking her from every angle. Pretty cut and dry imo. IIRC Absorbing Man activated his power faster than the sniper round could reach him, but I don't think he dodged it or anything. I could be forgetting. I don't remember his actual combat speed being enhanced.

She was stated to have more black-belts, not quite the same thing, and I am not really convinced that Widow is better than Hawkeye given that her only victory over him involved him stopping fighting due to "cognitive recalibration" when he'd been brainwashed and we know that people under the same influence fought against the control and the second time they fought they were even when Clint was pulling his punches.

Ultimately, neither Vin-Tak or Sif have a feat of speed and skill like Elektra's that justify Bobbi/May being able to last for so long against her imo, fighting tankier characters like that isn't the same thing imo, Elektra is not only superhuman, but has a one-shot weapon and is one of the most skilled characters in the MCU.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@anthp2000: The swords were surrounding her as they struck, they are in mid-swing when the lights go off and they were striking her from every angle. Pretty cut and dry imo. IIRC Absorbing Man activated his power faster than the sniper round could reach him, but I don't think he dodged it or anything. I could be forgetting. I don't remember his actual combat speed being enhanced.

She was stated to have more black-belts, not quite the same thing, and I am not really convinced that Widow is better than Hawkeye given that her only victory over him involved him stopping fighting due to "cognitive recalibration" when he'd been brainwashed and we know that people under the same influence fought against the control and the second time they fought they were even when Clint was pulling his punches.

Ultimately, neither Vin-Tak or Sif have a feat of speed and skill like Elektra's that justify Bobbi/May being able to last for so long against her imo, fighting tankier characters like that isn't the same thing imo, Elektra is not only superhuman, but has a one-shot weapon and is one of the most skilled characters in the MCU.

He didn't dodge it, but he didn't react to May's kicks - like he did with the bullet.

I mean, if they weren't to suggest that May is more skilled than Widow, why would they make such statement comparing their black belts? As for Widow and Hawkeye, Clint made a damn near superhuman shot while 'brainwashed' to blow up the Hellicarier. I'm more than sure his skills weren't affected. And she faught him while he was bloodlusted and she was holding back. As for the airport, she seemed to be edging it out eventually until Wanda intervened - and they were both pulling their punches, I find the Hellicarier fight much more credible than a friendly match.

I mean, it's not like Elektra had the same mindset against Matt as she had against the ninjas to be fair, she let him lying on the ground for more than 10 seconds when she could've killed him. I don't think the showing is so insanely impressive at last.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7a615764198
deactivated-5a7a615764198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a short list. She managed to disarm one of those ninjas, slice through the rest, while blind and surrounded, without being tagged.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:

He didn't dodge it, but he didn't react to May's kicks - like he did with the bullet.

I mean, if they weren't to suggest that May is more skilled than Widow, why would they make such statement comparing their black belts? As for Widow and Hawkeye, Clint made a damn near superhuman shot while 'brainwashed' to blow up the Hellicarier. I'm more than sure his skills weren't affected. And she faught him while he was bloodlusted and she was holding back. As for the airport, she seemed to be edging it out eventually until Wanda intervened - and they were both pulling their punches, I find the Hellicarier fight much more credible than a friendly match.

I mean, it's not like Elektra had the same mindset against Matt as she had against the ninjas to be fair, she let him lying on the ground for more than 10 seconds when she could've killed him. I don't think the showing is so insanely impressive at last.

Eh, not a great parallel imo, I don’t think Creel was supposed to have any kind of superhuman combat speed, when they want to show that kind of combat speed on AoS they move like Vijay or AIDA. I think he was just able to activate his power before the bullet hit him, I don't think he has multi-mach combat speed at all.

Because he was fighting somebody he cared about deeply. Selvig showed that unconsciously/sub-consciously they fought against Loki’s influence. The fact that this was a legitimate plot-point makes this a possibility for me.

Or to indicate her extreme experience.

They seemed even to me. Clint had her in a lock, stopped to chat and she got out of it then was about to strike him. There was no clear disparity or victor despite Clint pulling his punches. It's also pretty shaky scaling in general

She was trying to kill him for the entire fight, it isn’t until he says her name that she really pauses, and even then she tries to kill him, the man Elektra loves -- and it was shown throughout the Defenders she was not willing to kill him when in her right mind.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7cd4cfd3328
deactivated-5a7cd4cfd3328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bobbi and Oliver for sure. May has a chance. But that's pretty much it.

Avatar image for theonewhopullsthestrings
TheOneWhoPullsTheStrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is pretty much everyone restricting this to great H2H MCU and CW fighters? The OP said nothing about the CW, MCU or CB based live action media that I was aware of, and I would say a lot of fighters outside of the MCU have a great chance to be at least as good, if not better & win, with no extra-human stats.; like the few I mentioned.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@anthp2000 said:
@rogueshadow said:

Eh, not a great parallel imo, I don’t think Creel was supposed to have any kind of superhuman combat speed, when they want to show that kind of combat speed on AoS they move like Vijay or AIDA. I think he was just able to activate his power before the bullet hit him, I don't think he has multi-mach combat speed at all.

Because he was fighting somebody he cared about deeply. Selvig showed that unconsciously/sub-consciously they fought against Loki’s influence. The fact that this was a legitimate plot-point makes this a possibility for me.

Or to indicate her extreme experience.

They seemed even to me. Clint had her in a lock, stopped to chat and she got out of it then was about to strike him. There was no clear disparity or victor despite Clint pulling his punches. It's also pretty shaky scaling in general

She was trying to kill him for the entire fight, it isn’t until he says her name that she really pauses, and even then she tries to kill him, the man Elektra loves -- and it was shown throughout the Defenders she was not willing to kill him when in her right mind.

No, not combat speed - reactions. If he was fast enough to activate his power when the bullet was on its way, he should be able to activate his powers when May's kick was on its way, but she outmaneuvered him rather easily and hit him before he could do anything. Anyways.

Agree to disagree I guess, at the end of ther day we've only seeing Widow edging Clint out in CQC, and I think it'd be clsoer than their fight in the Hellicarier - but he shouldn't be exactly on her level.

She stopped and walked aorund for 10 seconds while she could've killed him, then he said her name. Clearly she was trying to slice him up and stuff - a blade is her weapon of choice that she had there, but I can't see her being bloodlusted there. She would have killed him straight up and the difference in situations between 10 armed ninjas surrounding you and a peak human unarmed can explain this difference in mindset. Her life wasn't even directly under threat at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-6081fb94189dc
deactivated-6081fb94189dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

V from V for Vendetta

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Ollie, Ra's and maybe Bobbi

Avatar image for deactivated-61762a22bedaa
deactivated-61762a22bedaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A fully focused Danny Rand potentially can, lol at clint and nat replicating it

GAS777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shang chi and his whole family can lol

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one from MCU movies. No one from AoS.

Netflix high tiers can. CW mid to high tiers can.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr Strange can rep

Xverify___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Danny already did. Can't think of anybody else.

DarkRealm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Multiple characters could do it in my opinion

• Black widow
  • Captain America
  • Shang chi
  • Wenwu
  • Shang chis mother
  • Xialing

Thats all off the top of my mind

Xverify___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL at Nat of all people replicating it.

Xverify___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Xverify___

Danny already did. Can't think of anybody else.