#1 Edited by daviddv0601 (258 posts) - - Show Bio

I am going to be honest and admit that I am more of a DC fan than a Marvel fan. My knowledge on the DC universe is much more stronger than my knowledge on the Marvel universe. I am maybe even a DC fanboy (Just not one of those types of fanboys that would try to do everything in their power to attack Marvel because I love both) since I love DC so much. However, I have been getting a lot of questions by people I know that ask me who are my favourite superheroes in the DC Universe.

No Caption Provided

Well here is my top 15 list of my favourite DC superheroes of all time:

15. Doctor Fate:

No Caption Provided

Kent Nelson, aka Doctor Fate is pretty cool. He is a powerful sorcerer of the DC universe and one of those characters that introduced me to magic. He can perform many magic spells and stuff like that. He has his own pocket dimensions. Kent Nelson is the best Doctor Fate (There was more than one host) since Kent could also perform sorcery, just not as powerful when he has the Helmet of Nabu. I really hope he gets his own movie as the Sorcerer Supreme of Earth. He is definitely one of the most powerful beings in the DC Universe.

14. Red Hood:

No Caption Provided

Jason Todd, aka the second Robin aka the Red Hood is a very cool character. he was trained by Batman but turned into DC's version of the Punisher. He is also a sympathetic character. He had no parents to care for him and was a juvenile who stole tires from cars to live. Batman took him in an trained him to become the second boy wonder. But since Batman didn't agree with what did since he was a more brutal Robin, Jason went to search for the Joker to kill him, only to get himself kidnapped and brutally beaten and murdered by the Joker. Jason came back from the dead and became the antihero vigilante known as the Red Hood.

13. Green Lantern - Hal Jordan:

No Caption Provided

Hal Jordan was not the first Green Lantern I got introduced to since the first Green Lantern I have heard of was John Stewart but still. I love this guy' character and how awesome he is. He is brave and filled with will power.

12. Green Arrow:

No Caption Provided

Oliver Queen, aka Green Arrow is the comic relief of the DC universe in my opinion. He is funny, serious and so cool. If there is any other great superhero that has special powers, it's Green Arrow! His arrows are all filled with a lot of surprise resources.

11. Wonder Woman:

No Caption Provided

Diana Prince, aka Wonder Woman is my favourite female superhero of all time. She is confident, strong and hot! She is an experienced warrior who has been around longer than the human race has. She was brought to life by Zeus which is pretty cool! She also has the lasso of Truth, which makes you tell the truth no matter what. Also, if you want a good reason to love Wonder Woman so much, watch the 2009 animated movie, Wonder Woman. It really gives you a reason to love Wonder Woman.

10. Superman:

No Caption Provided

He may be overpowered but he is the first ever superhero I have heard of. In the beginning he was my favourite superhero since he was basically the most powerful superhero in the DC universe. He is one of the most powerful superheroes in the DC Universe. However, as a kid, I have loved his character. Everytime he saved the day in the comics or TV shows or movies, I always cheered him on. He has super strength, super speed, flight, heat vision, cold breath, etc. And as much as I hate to admit it, if Batman never had prep time to beat Superman, he would've been long dead. Nobody can beat this guy, unless Batman has prep time to take on him. He has numerous weaknesses such as the infamous Kryptonite, red sun radiation, nuclear radiation, magic.

9. Shazam:

No Caption Provided

Billy Batson, aka Shazam or Captain Marvel, has one of the coolest powers in the DC Universe. He is basically a ten year old boy who only needs to say one magic word to turn him into a magical superhero with the power of six gods! The wisdom of Solomon, the strength of Hercules, the stamina of Atlas, the power of Zeus, the courage of Achilles and the speed of Mercury. He is more of a boy scout than Superman ever was and that is okay because he basically IS a boy!

8. Beast Boy:

No Caption Provided

Beast Boy is the comic relief of the Teen Titans with one of the coolest powers. He can transform into any animal in the animal kingdom, even dinosaurs and microscopic creatures! He is cool and would be a great character to have as friend and if you want to explore more reasons to love Beast Boy, watch the original Teen Titans show. He is simply amazing and that's why he hit the spot in my list of favourite superheroes of all time!

7. Flash - Wally West:

No Caption Provided

Wally West as the Flash was amazing. He is filled with heart and kindness. His role in Justice League: The Animated Series was excellent. He was the youngest yet the coolest. He was definitely the heart and soul of the team. He is also just as powerful as Barry Allen. He can run faster than the speed of light and so much more.

6. Nightwing:

No Caption Provided

Dick Grayson was the first Robin who became known as Nightwing! He was the leader of the Teen Titans and was trained by the Batman! He is basically a Batman that smiles! He has many cool gadgets and can take on many dangerous foes that Batman can take out.

5. Green Lantern - John Stewart

No Caption Provided

John Stewart was the first Green Lantern I heard about and ever since then he has been my favourite. The first time I saw Green Lantern - John Stewart was in Justice League: The Animated Series. He was awesome. He was so awesome that I started reading his comics. While I would vote for Hal Jordan to be the leader of the Green Lantern Corps, John Stewart would play an excellent role as the team player. Seriously, he is awesome.

4. Aquaman:

No Caption Provided

Arthur Curry, aka the King of Atlantis or Aquaman, is one of the best superheroes in the DC universe. He has been mocked for years until they made him a badass character in Justice League: The Animated Series, as well as in the New 52 and DC Rebirth. Now they are using a badass actor Jason Momoa to cast Aquaman in the DC Extended Universe. I can't wait. If you don't know, Aquaman can telepathically communicate with all marine life, swim really fast under water, survive water pressures, breathe underwater, has super strength, excellent eye sight since they are so adjusted to seeing underwater, he has hydrokinesis, his senses are more advanced than an average human such as hearing, smelling, etc, he has the Trident of Poseidon and Neptune which is one of the most powerful weapons in the DC universe and he owns a Kraken. Yeah, I know.

3. Flash - Barry Allen

No Caption Provided

Barry Allen is the first an original Flash. He is lighthearted and cool. His backstory is also sympathetic. His mother was murdered. He would also play the role as the heart and soul of the Justice League. He is kind, loyal and a great team player. He has the third or second biggest rogues gallery in the DC Universe such as Professor Zoom, Captain Cold, Spin Top, Mirror Master, Captain Boomerang, Gorilla Grodd, etc. However, none of them can catch him because with the Speed Force, Barry Allen is the Fastest Man Alive!!!

2. Cyborg:

No Caption Provided

Cyborg is a very underrated character unless you know him from Teen Titans. A lot of people really hate the idea of making Cyborg the founding member of the Justice League instead of the Martian Manhunter. I prefer Cyborg a lot more than the Martian Manhunter. He is the youngest member of the Justice League and also another sympathetic character. His father never paid enough attention to him but after a freak accident, he was cybernetically enhanced by his father. The most popular origin at the moment is him being joined with a mother box which allows him to communicate with all technology in the entire universe. As Cyborg, he can communicate, manipulate and more with technology. He has special weapons, he can self-repair and he also looks so cool. He also has quite a sad story at the moment which is being written in the Cyborg: Rebirth story about where he finds his father's old recording which says that his father thinks he has saved Victor Stone and has really made him half-man half-machine or Cyborg could just be a replica machine who is programmed to think and feel like the original Victor Stone, who could be really dead already. And also Cyborg lacks of a rogues gallery but if you want to see Cyborg in action with a few rogues gallery, watch Teen Titans. He actually has really awesome villains such as Atlas and the awesome archenemy Brother Blood who steals his blueprints and becomes a Cyborg himself. Vandal Savage would also be a cool nemesis of Cyborg since Cyborg represents the future and Vandal Savage represents the past. Plus the future vs past and organic immortal vs tech immortal is interesting. I really can't wait until his debut in the DC Extended Universe and his own solo movie.

1. Batman:

No Caption Provided

Was the ever any doubt? Of course Batman was going to come first! He is perfect example that you don't need any special superpowers to be one of the world's greatest superheroes. He has the best rogues gallery out of the entire DC Universe and Marvel Universe since he has the Joker, Riddler, Two-Face, Deathstroke, Poison Ivy, Penguin, Catwoman, Hush, Scarecrow, Hugo Strange, Ra's Al Ghul, Killer Croc, Scarface and the Ventriloquist, Mad Hatter, Mr Freeze, Harley Quinn, Deadshot, Black Mask, Court of Owls, Owlman and so much more! He owns the cool Batmobile, Batwing, Batboat, Batbike, Bat Computer, Bat Cave, Gadgets, and many more. He is also intelligent and always outsmarts his enemies, no matter how powerful. With prep time, he can take on literally anyone, even the entire Justice League. He also comes with most of the best stories, comics and his own hit video games such Batman: Arkham Origins, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Batman: Arkham City and Batman Arkham Knight. Not to mention the amazing prequel show Gotham. Batman is the world's greatest detective and for excellent reasons. He created many members of the Bat Family such as Nightwing, Red Hood, Red Robin, Batgirl, Batwoman, Batwing, Black Bat, Misfit and many more. He is also a founding member of the Justice League. While he is pretty anti social and the only member the Justice League fears, he would make a great leader or co-leader since he can outsmart literally anybody. Seriously, Batman is without a doubt the greatest superhero ever. He has no powers but is a perfect example that you don't need special powers to be one of the greatest superheroes of all time and the perfect example that proves that brains always beat brawn.

Well, that was my top 15 list of my all time favourite DC superheroes. What did you think of the list and who are your favourite DC superheroes and why?

#2 Edited by ThePreface (1436 posts) - - Show Bio

Just heroes? No villains?

Superman

Cyborg

The Flash (Barry)

Zatanna

Black Canary

Batman

Wonder Woman

Dr. Fate (Kent Nelson)

Simon Baz

John Constantine

Saint Walker

Entrigan the Demon

Katana

The Flash (Wally West II)

Jessica Cruz

#3 Edited by SpatialZero (102 posts) - - Show Bio

Kent Nelson (Dr Fate) - He was so powerful he was taking on gods and even put up a fight for the Spectre

Kyle Rayner (Hand Of God Ion) - Again my love for powerful beings

Anyone on this list - http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/van_cere/lists/dc-tiers-list/53871/

Azrael also

#4 Posted by SilverPool (4562 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick Grayson

Hal Jordan

Barry Allen

Clark Kent

#5 Edited by Yassassin (7701 posts) - - Show Bio

Guy Gardner

Damian Wayne

Superman

Starman(Jack)

Martian Manhunter

#7 Posted by King_Nomarch (2115 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally West

Dick Grayson

Deathstroke

Wonder Woman

Cyborg

Martian Manhunter

#8 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Superman

2. Batman

3. Hal Jordan

#9 Posted by storm-is-life (854 posts) - - Show Bio

women:

Zatanna

Vixen

Wonder Woman

Black Canary

Jade

Raven

Starfire

Mera

Men:

The flash

Doctor Fate

John Stewart

Black Lightning

Cyborg

Shazam

#10 Edited by BlueHope (2681 posts) - - Show Bio

My list is always changing a little but Superman,Batman,Static,Wally West and Raven are almost ever in my top 10.

#11 Posted by MBCB2001 (1398 posts) - - Show Bio

@daviddv0601: my favorite is probably batman, then green lantern, flash or wonder woman.

#12 Posted by casper4690 (704 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#13 Edited by Hyperion_X (366 posts) - - Show Bio

As a comic collector from the early 90s until now i don't really care for any DC chacaters in the New52 Prime Universe so all my favorite heroes are either from pre-Flashpoint or alternare Earths:

1)Superboy (the 90s metahuman clone version)

2)Hal Jordan

3)Azrael (Jean Paul Valley)

4)Captain Atom

5)Superman

6)Superman (Calvin Ellis of Earth-23)

7)Black Adam

8)Overman (New52 Earth-10 version)

9)Eradicator

10)Powergirl

11)Alan Scott

12)Mon-El

13)Wally West

14)Sodom Yat

15)Guy Gardner

Avatar image for deactivated-5a853424245e3
#14 Edited by deactivated-5a853424245e3 (4168 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Wonder Woman
  • Superman
  • Zatanna
  • SA Lana Lang
  • SA Lois Lane
  • Constantine (he counts yeah?)
  • BA/TAS Supergirl
  • Martian Manhunter
  • Spectre
  • Phantom Girl
  • Dream Girl
  • Wally West
  • Mon-El
  • Shrinking Violet
  • Shadow Lass

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
#15 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (7657 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing

Jon Stewart

Hal Jordan

Martian Manhunter

Mon-El

Calvin Rose (Talon)

Sinestro ( He's my hero)

Black Lightning

Blue Devil (bring him back)

Blue Beetle ( Ted Kord)

Captain Atom

#16 Posted by HeroUp2112 (18333 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

Nightwing

Black Lightning

Wonder Woman

Jon Stewart

Black Canary

John Constantine

Zatanna

Katana (at least back when I used to read her)

Superman

Cyborg (again back when I used to read him)

Flash (typically)

Barbara Gordan (mainly as Oracle)

Green Arrow (sort of)

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#17 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (16630 posts) - - Show Bio

1: Superman

2: Batman

3: Flash (Barry Allen)

4: Aquaman

5: Green Arrow

6: Wonder Woman

7: Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

8: Black Canary

9: Martian Manhunter

10: Nightwing

11: Shazam

12: Green Lantern (Jon Stewart)

13: Cyborg

14: Huntress

15: Flash (Wally West)

#18 Posted by BruceRogers (17459 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman, Superman, Flash, Wild Cat, John Constantine, Constantine Drakon, Black Canary

#19 Posted by Eto (5312 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Wayne

Jason Todd

Hal Jordan

Barry Allen

Damian Wayne

Alfred Pennyworth (to me he is a hero :p)

#20 Posted by SpatialZero (102 posts) - - Show Bio

Constantine

Deadman

Animal-Man

Animated BB

Omac (pre-52)

Outsiders

Cosmic boy

Just to add a few to my original list

#21 Posted by larfleezy (687 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

Damian Wayne

Azrael (both versions)

Kyle Rayner

Superman

Martian Manhunter

Stephanie Brown

#22 Posted by Shepard-Croft (1940 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman, Wonder Woman and Barbara Gordon are my top three.