• 60 results
#51 Posted by FaradaySloth (10023 posts) - - Show Bio
#52 Posted by shroudofsorrow (6001 posts) - - Show Bio

@faradaysloth: Ah, OK. What makes Envy so polarizing in one but not the other?

#53 Posted by FaradaySloth (10023 posts) - - Show Bio

@shroudofsorrow: Envy was a great character/antagonist in Brotherhood but he did some evil stuff and people hated him for it. 2003 Envy wasn't that remarkable and the writing was kind of dumb at times.

#54 Posted by shroudofsorrow (6001 posts) - - Show Bio
#56 Posted by shroudofsorrow (6001 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#57 Posted by phisigmatau (1972 posts) - - Show Bio

Carol Danvers
Cyclops
Scarlet Witch

#58 Posted by shroudofsorrow (6001 posts) - - Show Bio

@phisigmatau: Yeah, those are all polarizing alright. Though for Carol, I think it's mostly modern Carol and MCU Carol. Ms. Marvel/Warbird era Carol Danvers seems to be less so.

#59 Posted by phisigmatau (1972 posts) - - Show Bio

@shroudofsorrow:
True but you can say the same about Cyclops and SW, they weren't really polarizing until the 2000's

#60 Posted by shroudofsorrow (6001 posts) - - Show Bio

@phisigmatau: Cyclops wasn't polarizing before? I always thought one of the reasons people professed to hate Cyclops is because he's too much of a boring Boy Scout. But that applies much more to classic Cyclops then it does to modern Cyclops, who was often made more ruthless and morally gray.

#61 Posted by phisigmatau (1972 posts) - - Show Bio

@shroudofsorrow:
he isnt ruthless and morally gray
he was taken over by a phoenix force that he didnt ask for. Remember stark shot the phoenix and it chose 5 random ppl outta 6 billion on earth and voila bad writing they were all X-men.
The phoenix force is evil we know that.

When he was a "stiff" he was just that no one was particularly offended it wasn't until Avx. He was still a face of the franchise in the height of the X-men popularity from 92-the early 2000's.

#62 Posted by shroudofsorrow (6001 posts) - - Show Bio

@phisigmatau: I suppose that makes some amount of sense. But even so, in my experience, many Cyclops haters are that way for the same reason many people are Superman haters; too much of a boyscout.