Which villain would you like to see Superman go up against in Man of Steel 2?

• 53 results
Avatar image for randybutternubs
RandyButterNubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Which villain would you like to see Superman go up against in Man of Steel 2? (62 votes)

Lex Luthor 11%
Brainiac 48%
Mongul 11%
Metallo 6%
Doomsday (The real one) 5%
Manchester Black 6%
Lobo 8%
Parasite 3%
No Caption Provided

• 
TheOmniDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brainiac

And don't forget, the featzzz :)

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Box office

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brainiac. Introduce supergirl

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By reactor

@kgb725 said:

Brainiac.

This

@kgb725 said:

Introduce supergirl

Ehh... maybe

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brainiac, it’s long overdue.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brainiac!!! A movie inspired by Superman: Brainiac would be a sick watch.

RIKR2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Brainiac ... Mongul would be cool also

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vyndktvx, portrayed by Zack Snyder.

Viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brainiac. Been a long overdue.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Darkthunder  Online

BRAINIAC

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Quinlan58

I'd say Brainiac because he's long, longoverdue a film appearence, but that would be too many aliens for DCEU Superman to fight. That leaves me with Metallo, Manchester Black and Parasite, and of the 3 Manchester Black seems like he would have the most interesting contrast with this version of Superman (actually, Metallo would, but BvS already did everything they could do with Metallo).

SufferedToker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

camilopezo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brainiac

Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ready_4_Madness

Can’t believe Mxy’s not listed, they can get very creative with him.

Vishop_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rikr2 said:

Brainiac ... Mongul would be cool also

RandyButterNubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RandyButterNubs  Online

@ready_4_madness: I didn't add him because i don't find him appealing to be in a solo Superman film, the tone of the film would just be silly and obnoxious. This is only DCEU Superman's second film, he needs to be more fleshed out and have his more well known villains introduced.

Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randybutternubs: you can have a villain that doesn’t take themselves too seriously in a mature toned film. It done wonders for Joker and John Doe. With a few tweaks here and there. Mxy could actually a top tier cbm villain.

RandyButterNubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RandyButterNubs  Online

@ready_4_madness: Joker is already an established and well known character though, much different from Mxy. It would just be Superman flying around trying to catch the bugger while Mxy does his usual immature tricks and games and to think it would just take Superman saying his name backwards to defeat him would be kinda lame. It could be done but it's highly unlikely. It would be too soon to have someone like Mxy being in a DC film let alone a Superman film.

Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ready_4_Madness

@randybutternubs: it’s not like Joker just became established out the blue, he was placed in multiple films, tv shows, games etc. Thanos, Kilmonger, Loki etc are all villains that weren’t established to the masses and now they’re fan favourites.

Anything these villains bring to the table has been done, Mxy’s completely unique. The premise of a battle between Superman vs Mxy sounds lame at first glance, that I do agree. But that’s where creativity comes in to do something that’s never been done before. That’s just my perspective.

RandyButterNubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: I meant Joker already had a large enough fanbase and popularity to where directors would already know people would go to movies to see him. Sure characters like Mongul or Parasite aren't as well known as Joker but at least they are known as some of Superman's greatest foes, Mxy doesn't show up as often as they do. I would just like to see them before we get the more obscure characters that casuals aren't familiar with in Superman's rogue gallery.

Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blueshoecant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

Brainiac. Introduce supergirl

This.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brainiac

I'd pick it! It would be amazing way to showcase Superman's intellect and instill the notion that he's more than muscle.

BubblegumMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BubblegumMan

@infantfinite128 said:

Brainiac

@ready_4_madness said:

I'd pick it! It would be amazing way to showcase Superman's intellect and instill the notion that he's more than muscle.

he doesn't seem interesting tbh. theres way better villians to choose from.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@infantfinite128 said:

Brainiac

@ready_4_madness said:

he doesn't seem interesting tbh. theres way better villians to choose from.

Your list is great, but I think a Mxyzptlk movie would make make for one of the most amazing escapist movies since Mad Max Fury Road, and a family friendly film that kids can enjoy.

Have you seen the Superman Animated Series episode "Mxyzpixalated"? It's one of the greatest pieces of animation. I think it was pretty close the Mxyzptlk comic from the 1940s

Loading Video...

Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bubblegumman: the only Superman villain I’d like to see over him on screen is Brainiac. Lex has already been done, Manchester Black could work and the rest would just lead to a generic superhero film. No other CBM villain I can think of is anything like Mxy and that’s interesting to me.

Odimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brainiac. He's been overdue for a big screen appearance.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By christianrapper

Bluto

The_Gaurdian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By The_Gaurdian

For MOS 2 or Supergirrl I'd like a combo of Mongul, Brainiac and Lobo against Superman, Supergirl, Martian Manhunter and The Green Lantern Corps. Have them fight an intergalactic war to prevent Braniac from harvesting cities and Mongul from terrorizing planets with Warworld. Introduce Lobo as a bounty hunter and eventual gladiator challenge.

If not this a roster of his classic villains would do just fine too. Toyman, Livewire, Bozzaro, Luthor and Parasite would be excellent.

StormShadow_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 23

The fact that ok doomsday has been on the big screen before Braniac is a crime.

Braniac deserves his chance.

Mrsportsguy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Mrsportsguy13  Online

The fact that ok doomsday has been on the big screen before Braniac is a crime.

Braniac deserves his chance.

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lop, the amount of viners who is stupid enough to believe their is gonna be a Man of steel 2

ChaosHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i still don't think there will be a man of steel sequel, but if there would be one then i would say Brainiac and possibly a starting scene with Lobo

OG_Guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Brainiac, if it means killing Superman off for good this time and replacing him with a actually good character like Connor.

mossbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A non generic brick type like Brainiac would be really out of left field for Warner to go with.

DrakoTheGhoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DrakoTheGhoul

For me, i want to see Mongul fight superman. After seeing that recent fight in the comics between them i want to see it on the big screen. Just a straight up brawl like Zod vs Superman in MOS.

I want to see them destroying each other across space, smashing into planets and stars. Brainiac would be cool second pick though or hell why not both of them in the same movie.

RandyButterNubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By RandyButterNubs  Online

@drakotheghoul: Agreed but i'd like to see Superman end up on War world and having to fight off some of the most fiercest warriors in the galaxy to earn the right to take on the tyrannical ruler himself.

minorincon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love a Superman film focused around him trying to stop crime and save people all over the world and for it to happen at such an extreme rate that he has a difficult time keeping up until eventually he spreads himself too thin and becomes too focused on the world and does not have any regard for his own safety and Lobo comes out of nowhere and attempts to assassinate him.

The plot twist is that Lobo has been going around the world causing havoc, intentionally wreaking havoc at a rate that would get Superman's attention, knowing that the man of steel would always do his best to save whoever he could. He would exploit this weakness and wait till Superman got lazy and was in a vulnerable position of deciding to put his own life at risk or save civilians. Some scenario where that would be possible that would end with Lobo going for the kill shot and the screen cutting black because Superman saved the civilians.

Superman would then wake up on a ship (THAT LOIS LANE IS NOT INVITED TO STEP FOOT ON) chained up with chains enchanted by Zatanna. Lobo would explain that he figured his killshot would have ended Clark but when he was still breathing, he figured the bounty would be higher if he was brought in alive anyway.

Lobo would also go on to explain that the chains were enchanted by some thick white girl he captured when he was hunting some shape shifter on earth. He figured she was the right one but, alas, had captured the wrong person and tried to come on to her but she chained him up and he couldn't escape.... until somebody found him and gave him this bounty to hunt Superman.

There would be a stronger motive, like finding out Lobo was a pawn the whole time and wasn't considered a threat by the person who sought him out, but when he was actually able to threaten superman, the person who hired him would take advantage of the time that superman is distracted and enact some form of plan. Something for 3 possibly.

In my mind, I can see it maybe being Faora since somebody said she's alive in the phantom zone. I could also see it being Luthor somehow but I have no interest in his character, especially Eisenberg's portrayal. Anyway, I would want a good chunk of the movie to be Superman saving people in various ways at first, establish that he is the superhero he's meant to be, and not just some alien warrior who beats people up non stop. His biggest weakness besides the obvious should always be innocent lives so I want that to be taken advantage of and displayed.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By RBT

I've always liked the formula Nolan followed.

First movie- A villain with very similar background/training/powers but different ideology. Ra's for Batman and Zod for Supes.

Second movie- A villain who isn't a physical but a mental challenge. Joker for Batman and Lex for Supes.

Third movie- A villain who could wipe the floor with you in a fight. Bane for Batman, Darksied/Doomsday for Supes.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By RBT

And pls no Brainiac. The most uninteresting 'big' Superman villain, IMO.

Viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Viking1205

If not Brainiac, Cyborg Superman would be cool as well. Tie it with Lantern corps.

TonyMartial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex or Lobo

minorincon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex Luthor would be my last choice honestly after BVS. He can have a minor role but definitely not the main villain.

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait a minute, is there a MOS 2 in the works?

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By adamTRMM

How can you actually justify something as big as Brainiac without rest of the League getting involved?

Anyway, Cyborg Superman, made off of that Kryptonian nanoswarm that was strong enough to give lots of trouble to Superman in MoS. And none of the half face imbecility in his design.

Omega_Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Parasite. He's pretty straightforward,let's save the A listers for a 3rd film.Assuming we even get a 2.

TonyMartial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

How can you actually justify something as big as Brainiac without rest of the League getting involved?

Anyway, Cyborg Superman, made off of that Kryptonian nanoswarm that was strong enough to give lots of trouble to Superman in MoS. And none of the half face imbecility in his design.

Have Superman look for him after learning of his existance? Handwave the League as being unreachable or taking care of the fallout in their own areas? Have most of the film be more lowkey investigation and conflict and by the time Metropolis gets bottled or whatever, Superman solves things fast enough that the others don't need to get involved? Dunno, there's a lot of things that can be done to make that a purely solo film.